Order of the Stick
- 9 (25.7%)
Brat-halla
- 2 (5.7%)
Shadowgirls
- 2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 30 Nov - 4 Dec 09  (Read 70855 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Re: WCT 30 Nov - 4 Dec 09
« Reply #50 on: 01 Dec 2009, 05:27 »

Damn I'm so green of envy of Steve right now.

So ... insanely ... envious ... grr.

But its a great comic !

Cosette seems angry. And she seems to really really really want Steve.
Ooooh really ? How do you figure ?!? :P :D

I'm tempted to yell "Run, Steve, run!  Run from the crazy woman!"  [...]
Dont worry, they're perfect for each other.

I wonder if they make asbestos condoms?
Maybe, but I would figure they arent very comfortable for neither the woman nor the man, though.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2009, 05:33 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #51 on: 01 Dec 2009, 05:39 »

Well, it's good odds she doesn't have her ex-boyfriend living with her, and plans to dump Steve so they can marry and propagate. (Gadzooks, the thought of mimi-meenas and whosnames running around sends chills) I think Cosette is the perfect woman for our continuing amusement with Steve. Besides, obsessive is as obsessive does. I think.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #52 on: 01 Dec 2009, 06:18 »

And then they decided to eat Tai.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #53 on: 01 Dec 2009, 06:50 »

And then they decided to eat Tai.
ROTFL ouch !
Carpe Diem

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #54 on: 01 Dec 2009, 07:17 »

yeah im guessing she hasnt had much luck in the love department and is pretty desperate.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #55 on: 01 Dec 2009, 07:39 »

She's probably injured all her past boyfriends through eagerness-induced accidents ...

Fortunately, Steve is made of sterno sterner stuff. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #56 on: 01 Dec 2009, 07:56 »

yeah im guessing she hasnt had much luck in the love department and is pretty desperate.
:? :? :?

Ok, now I'm ... disgusted ? How can you possibly have such an idea ?

Desperate people dont fall down stairs because they like the looks of someone so much they loose track of what they're doing. Desperate people are NOT obsessed about somebody else. They are obsessed about their loneliness.
Carpe Diem

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #57 on: 01 Dec 2009, 08:10 »

disgusted? really?  You know not all "desperate people" are obsessed with their loneliness.  Although it does seem common amongst some people I dont think you have met everyone to make that kind of blanket statement. And besides its a web comic Jeph can present her how he likes.

all we know of her is that in the past she was mortified 3 times in the same day from asking someone out.  We know nothing else about her and so based on her aggressiveness to go on a date with Steve (which seems really clingy), the fact that she is not letting anything stand in her way does show obsessiveness but could it not also be from her loneliness and she is perhaps desperate to get into a relationship?  Especially with a hot guy?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #58 on: 01 Dec 2009, 09:09 »

I'm thinking it's really more along the lines of her bad luck streaks that we've seen.  After the asking-Marten-out/wrath-of-Dora debacle, falling down the stairs (and at least two more times that we've seen) hardly seems out of character. 

Accident prone and overeager are a fine comedic combination!  I'm likin' the start of this arc...

Of course, a previous boyfriend may have gone up in flames, and that's why she's in the market now! 

Oh, and Jeph, cervical collars come up a lot higher than that.  'Course then she couldn't turn her head, so maybe it really is just a padded choker...

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #59 on: 01 Dec 2009, 09:20 »

Maybe it's just me, but I found it more scary than funny.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Kakareen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 01 Dec 2009, 10:09 »

I've been absent from here long enough possibly for you all to have forgotten me fully, having been focusing my attention elsewhere. I had the urge to post due to my pleasure from the news that QC has been good enough to Jeph that he has a house! That is simply fantastic.

Real life has a habit of bleeding into creative work. (In the cases of some artists, it damn well hemorrhages.) I wonder if any of the characters may start sniffing around for a house themselves.

....this girl is freaking me out. But maybe it's just 'been awhile' for her, and she's gotten a bit desperate.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #61 on: 01 Dec 2009, 10:15 »

When did everyone else bust out laughing? For me it was the "tunnel of light" comment that did it, but I think it should have been panel 3.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #62 on: 01 Dec 2009, 10:16 »

A BIT!?!?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #63 on: 01 Dec 2009, 10:24 »

Yes, a bit. As in, going out to dinner rather than back to her room now, not furiously humping Steve's leg, and staying dressed.

Personally, I see her as determined more than desperate. She's decided on what she wants, and is going out and getting it.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

someone1074

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #64 on: 01 Dec 2009, 10:44 »

Self-immolating death stares utilized for comedic effect aside, she seems a little over-assertive at worst.

This should bode reasonably well for Steve.

For me, the lols came at the three panel sequence. Well done, Jeph.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #65 on: 01 Dec 2009, 11:36 »

Ha!  OK, this is gonna be a fun arc.   8-)  I'm not at all worried about Steve -- he has absurdly good luck to balance (heh) Cosette's absurdly bad luck, and there's plenty of funny to mine in all that. 

I am somewhat concerned about the abusive friendship thing between Cosette and Luna, though.  Maybe Luna's overprotective -- hard not to get that way with a friend as accident-prone as Cosette seems to be -- but Cosette physically and verbally and . . . non-verbally attacking her is sorta extreme without context.  I'm sure we'll be getting more context at some point, though, so that'll be interesting to read.  As it stands, Luna is pretty much the Marten in their relationship.   :-D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #66 on: 01 Dec 2009, 11:48 »

So.

Cosette's a bunny-boiler.
That was my first reaction, too. But, upon a second reading, I suspect that she's just really, really horny.

ironi

• Plantmonster
« Reply #67 on: 01 Dec 2009, 12:03 »

I can see it now: she was standing outside the theater with a sign that read "You can't like Harry Potter and Twilight, vampires and wizards are mutually exclusive!"

TFLN?

Kakareen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #68 on: 01 Dec 2009, 12:50 »

A BIT!?!?

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, okay? XD

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #70 on: 01 Dec 2009, 16:16 »

First of all, the lack of rubber feet on the crutches could explain why she keeps falling down.

Second, why am I reminded of Fez's girlfriend (I don't recall her name) on That 70's Show...?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #71 on: 01 Dec 2009, 16:26 »

the one that threatened to kill him if he broke up with her?

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #72 on: 01 Dec 2009, 18:39 »

Cosette's a bunny-boiler.

Fer shur! I think Hanners has just been deposed as QC's resident crazerina.

BTW, is Cosette wearing one of those foam-plastic neck supports, or just a really thick turtle-neck?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #73 on: 01 Dec 2009, 18:56 »

it matches her foot cast, im guessing neck brace.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #74 on: 01 Dec 2009, 19:46 »

"Mola Ram.... Mola Ram.... Mola Ram Suda Ram!"

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #75 on: 01 Dec 2009, 20:06 »

Kali ma!
Kali ma!
Kali ma!!!
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #76 on: 01 Dec 2009, 20:31 »

Kali ma!
Kali ma!
Kali ma!!!
COVER YOUR HEART!!!!!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #77 on: 01 Dec 2009, 20:42 »

nerds
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #78 on: 01 Dec 2009, 20:56 »

nerds

i have yet to meet an archaeologist who has not seen an indiana jones flick  :-P

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #79 on: 01 Dec 2009, 21:34 »

nerds

i have yet to meet an archaeologist who has not seen an indiana jones flick  :-P

I've yet to meet an archaeologist who is as attractive as Indiana Jones. (You see, Hanners and I have this in common, most definitely) When that day comes, well. We'll see.

vettechinohio

« Reply #80 on: 01 Dec 2009, 22:34 »

I can see it now: she was standing outside the theater with a sign that read "You can't like Harry Potter and Twilight, vampires and wizards are mutually exclusive!"

TFLN?

Had to look that one up before I knew what you were talking about (: If you're asking if I quoted from there, the answer is no. The majority of the staff at my clinic are Twilight geeks and I've been jokingly saying that for months, as before Twilight they were all Potterheads. I threatened to wait outside the theater holding said sign (:
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #81 on: 01 Dec 2009, 23:33 »

Personally, I see her as determined more than desperate. She's decided on what she wants, and is going out and getting it.
100% agreed.

I really dont know where this stupid "she's desperate" idea comes from.

There is simply no evidence to support it.

She definitely simply liked what she saw when she got the picture of Steve.
Carpe Diem

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #82 on: 01 Dec 2009, 23:35 »

haha I meant desperate loosely, not in the context of relationship or needing someone desperate, but that she is desperate to get something started with Steve.  I think I may have phrased that wrong earlier.  :wink:

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #83 on: 01 Dec 2009, 23:41 »

the one that threatened to kill him if he broke up with her?
Whow do they still make girls like that ? :D

Thats my type ...  :roll: ... or would be, if I would have ever met one.

nerds

I've yet to meet an archaeologist who is as attractive as Indiana Jones. (You see, Hanners and I have this in common, most definitely) When that day comes, well. We'll see.

I know a very, very attractive female archaeologist. Unfortunately she's not my type of woman. But she's a very gorgeous target for photographs (I like photographing people).

TFLN?

Had to look that one up before I knew what you were talking about (: If you're asking if I quoted from there, the answer is no. The majority of the staff at my clinic are Twilight geeks and I've been jokingly saying that for months, as before Twilight they were all Potterheads. I threatened to wait outside the theater holding said sign (:

I loved Harry Potter, but after enduring the first three pages of Twilight, I escaped in utter disgust. Seriously, I had no idea you could describe a character in such extremely unsympathic ways that the reader intensely hates it after a mere three pages.

haha I meant desperate loosely, not in the context of relationship or needing someone desperate, but that she is desperate to get something started with Steve.  I think I may have phrased that wrong earlier.  :wink:
Ah ok. Yeah we can agree upon that.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #84 on: 02 Dec 2009, 01:58 »

ROTFL  :-D :-D

This comic rocks... again ! :D
Carpe Diem

zagraf

« Reply #85 on: 02 Dec 2009, 02:07 »

Look out, it's another ambiguously stalkerish woman!  This can mean only one thing:  yet more shipping with Hanners.   :-P  Sometimes I wonder whether Jeph is on some level trying to punish himself.

[/joke]

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #86 on: 02 Dec 2009, 02:14 »

Tsundere, indeed.

I find it highly amusing that Japanese popular culture has now reached the exalted heights only heretofore attained by...the commedia dell'arte.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #87 on: 02 Dec 2009, 02:54 »

I dunno why, but I like Luna.  She could make an interesting character.  :-D

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #88 on: 02 Dec 2009, 03:14 »

Maybethe first character without issues?
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #89 on: 02 Dec 2009, 03:15 »

nah I think its panel 1, just nicely drawn. Awesome Jeph!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #90 on: 02 Dec 2009, 03:16 »

What, couldn't one of them ask where the other one is going and say goodbye whenever their ways do part?

I wonder what Dora's reaction would have been if she had seen Marten and Luna walk through the door.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

pint

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #91 on: 02 Dec 2009, 04:29 »

I wonder what Dora's reaction would have been if she had seen Marten and Luna walk through the door.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #92 on: 02 Dec 2009, 04:32 »

Oh that is so good :lol:
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #93 on: 02 Dec 2009, 04:47 »

And the results of yesterday's poll are:

Steve

Should go for it  5 (12.2%)
Should make sure that the place is well lit and that the way to exit is clear  11 (26.8%)
Has clearly underestimated the power of the bear  11 (26.8%)
Needs to watch his back if they break up  3 (7.3%)
Needs to watch his back if he doesn't match the fantasy  11 (26.8%)

Total Voters: 41

And now to think up something new...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

giant_bug

• Emoticontraindication
  • I hope you like Giant Bugs
« Reply #94 on: 02 Dec 2009, 05:11 »

Uh,  Faye?

Today is Wednesday.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #95 on: 02 Dec 2009, 05:18 »

Faye is wearing the 'TSUNDERE' T-shirt that Hannelore bought for her in #1525. See, she can take a joke.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #96 on: 02 Dec 2009, 05:36 »

I want hot chockolate, but please the drink, not the band. I dont even remember what band that was, right now, though I dimly remember I heard about them. Anywayl, I dont want to be thirsty. That is some kind of priority over music.

Uh,  Faye?

Today is Wednesday.

But not in the comic, apparently.
Carpe Diem

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #97 on: 02 Dec 2009, 05:56 »

So, what's in a Friggin' Latte, anyway? 

Too much whipped cream? 

(ew - sorry about that)

epoch

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #98 on: 02 Dec 2009, 06:08 »

Aw, Faye is wearing the shirt Hanners got for her.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #99 on: 02 Dec 2009, 06:48 »

Don't hate on Hot Chocolate. Singing wasn't much, but there's that cool guitar lead in "You Sexy Thing." Used to be at least one ride at a fair would be playing that, usually one that turned on it's side, like the Octopus. Ah, memories.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up