Poll

So uh, what's next?

Momo gives Marigold gravity defying hair, she turns into Medusa
- 14 (21.2%)
Steve teams up with Waiting Boyfriends, they become an elite DoKYA unit/boyband
- 32 (48.5%)
Ambulance crashes, zombie apocalypse ensues
- 13 (19.7%)
All of the above in an action sci-fi survival horror comedy music game: the movie
- 7 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 7 Dec - 11 Dec 2009  (Read 83288 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCT 7 Dec - 11 Dec 2009
« Reply #100 on: 08 Dec 2009, 23:14 »

I'm not sure Marigold really has a crush on Angus, but she thinks she does. It's just that Angus is the only guy she knows really well, so her affections default to him.

If she met some other guy who showed even a small amount of interest in her, she'd be all "Angus who?" in about 3.8 seconds.

We need to introduce her to some socially awkward, shy, anime nerd who's never had a girfriend, although I have a feeling that their first date would consist of them glancing back and forth at one another and not talking for about three hours.

And no, Angus doesn't see any of this.

He is completely clueless vis-a-vis Marigold's attraction to him.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

epoch

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #101 on: 08 Dec 2009, 23:20 »

I think Angus' issue is that he's obviously a socialite, and typically upfront about things. If he likes something, he'll say it. He's nice enough to typically hold back needlessly negative comments, however.

And according to Faye at least, Angus is a rather attractive guy. So you've got the attractive factor, the confident thing, and the fact that he obviously likes Marigold, though seemingly not in any romantic sense.
Wow, you are all kinds of wrong.

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #102 on: 09 Dec 2009, 00:25 »

Care to say why? Or are you too pleased with yourself for being an asshole?

I'm not sure Marigold really has a crush on Angus, but she thinks she does. It's just that Angus is the only guy she knows really well, so her affections default to him.
If she met some other guy who showed even a small amount of interest in her, she'd be all "Angus who?" in about 3.8 seconds.
I'll agree with the first part, although I'm not completely sure on the second. Even a "Think she likes" can be a bit hard to let go of for something without the experience of those emotions.

And no, Angus doesn't see any of this. He is completely clueless vis-a-vis Marigold's attraction to him.
So incredibly true.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2009, 00:28 by Shadic »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #103 on: 09 Dec 2009, 01:57 »

There is such a thing like an anime nerd ? Weird.
Carpe Diem

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #104 on: 09 Dec 2009, 02:20 »

He is completely clueless vis-a-vis Marigold's attraction to him.

Which will make it all the more brutal when and if Faye and him get together.  

Not to say this is Angus's fault; Marigold's just reacting to whomever's in her comfort zone at the time.  When it ends up punching her in the face, it'll be because she absolutely refuses to step a foot out of that comfort zone unless someone's practically stabbing her with a cattle prod.  

Speaking of whom, where the hell IS Momo?

matachin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #105 on: 09 Dec 2009, 04:23 »

Maybe it's just me, but if Marigold ever does the sweater/skirt combo and can find a talking dog - she'll probably have no shortage of simpering fanboys.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #106 on: 09 Dec 2009, 04:33 »

First response was - Mar needs more coffee - next was Angus may like that.

And barbers getting hair wrong is why I developed the easy hairstyle (0 back and sides - trim and thin the top please). 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #107 on: 09 Dec 2009, 06:16 »

Going bald was a blessing in dsguise.  Nothing to trim on top, ad I take clippers (1/8") to the little ring on the back and sides, then down over the beard.  Quick, easy and free. 

No razors, though.  Maybe someday.  Shaving needs done almost daily, this I can every other week or so. 

And as for looking like the blonde anime girl, you'd need implants, too, and an antigravity device.  I'd say a corset, but we've been through that already. 

Lastly, I don't think Marigold's crushing on Angus.  Not yet.  I'm not ruling it out, but I think she knows better.  And if she does/is, I think he'd be aware of it, at least as aware as any guy can be of that sort of thing. 

Never mind, that would be complete oblivion, wouldn't it? 
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2009, 17:11 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #108 on: 09 Dec 2009, 06:27 »

As a male, it is perfectly possible for one of us to be completely oblivious to female interest.  We can oblivious to female disinterest - and so the opposite is also possible.

But for the record, don't know if she's crushing or not - maybe I'll care later, after I contemplate all the snow shovelling I have to do....
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #109 on: 09 Dec 2009, 09:01 »

maybe I'll care later, after I contemplate all the snow shovelling I have to do....

I'll think of you when I next run my snow blower.

booyah
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #110 on: 09 Dec 2009, 09:22 »

Is it just me or does her new haircut bear a resemblance to that of a certain acerbic barista that Angus likes to spend time with?
Just you. Faye's bangs are so angled they almost aren't (bangs), she has a part, and her hair, these days, anyway, doesn't frame her face the way Marigold's does.

For the record, Rushuna Tendo (A) does exist and (2) looks like this:

So Marigold forgot to specify she needed to be blonde and, aside from the bangs, have copious amounts of Miracle Grow for Hair applied. That's not big hair, that's freaking enormous hair. And possibly prehensile.

Meru from Zetsubo Sensei does not approve, and is letting Marigold know!

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #111 on: 09 Dec 2009, 09:30 »

maybe I'll care later, after I contemplate all the snow shovelling I have to do....

I'll think of you when I next run my snow blower.

booyah

The thought ran through my mind here is unprintable in a family magazine - but since this is the internet - "You are cordially invited to apply suction to the orifice of my choosing."  At the moment, the snow is just blowing and about 7.5 cm has fallen - so that orifice will be the mouth of your significant other.  If the 30cm they're predicting falls before I get home, I reserve the right to change that.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #112 on: 09 Dec 2009, 12:12 »

As of time of posting:

David Willis gets hit by a truck     - 8 (11%)
Dora attempts to murder Luna    - 5 (6.8%)
Faye admits her crush on Steve    - 4 (5.5%)
Steve gets dead and Cosette pregnant and on fire after all    - 38 (52.1%)
I should never do a poll again    - 18 (24.7%)
Total Voters: 73

Well, there was no death, probably no pregnant, and just maybe a fire. I've got another one - against popular demand, har har - so give me some suggestions.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2009, 12:15 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #113 on: 09 Dec 2009, 12:17 »

At the moment, the snow is just blowing and about 7.5 cm has fallen - so that orifice will be the mouth of your significant other.  If the 30cm they're predicting falls before I get home, I reserve the right to change that.

we've only gotten approx. 20cm all freaking winter. it's pissing me off, I want the additional snow for insulations!
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Kakareen

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #114 on: 09 Dec 2009, 12:26 »

I like the new haircut...and on the crush front...

I am a female nerd that went through a lot of crap in highschool. I used to blush and get all flustered in the same way Mar-Mar does whenever I received a compliment, regardless as to whether I was attracted to, much less had a crush on, whomever was delivering the compliment. I'm slightly more at ease about it now.

It can be hard not to freak out when you aren't used to people saying you're pretty.

That's not to say she doesn't have a crush, just that a crush is not required for the response she is giving.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #115 on: 09 Dec 2009, 13:11 »

20cm all winter?!?

What's that like?

Every flippin' winter the average snowfall is at least 200...

Pardon me while I go and prepare to utter a large number of profanities.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #116 on: 09 Dec 2009, 13:12 »

I feel better now.

akronnick

« Reply #117 on: 09 Dec 2009, 13:17 »

Well here in Ohio we measure our snow in inches but we get a flingin' flangin' ton of those.

None yet this year, however. (That will probably change tonight.)

Updated to say that the wind is literally shaking the house.

Earlier it tried to blow me and my Honda Civic off the Interstate.
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2009, 13:44 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #118 on: 09 Dec 2009, 13:49 »

I feel better now.

You shouldn't, really.

I'm not hoping for http://www.valdezalaska.org/history/history.html level of snowfall, but I would like at least another dozen cm or so!!

Well here in Ohio we measure our snow in inches but we get a flingin' flangin' ton of those.

Just trying to be friendly to someone who doesn't. I measure my snow in inches, here in Alaska, I just don't have enough of them (which is what SHE said *rimshot*).

FYI, for the link-phobic, 14.3 meters/ 47 _feet_ of snow over one winter in Valdez. I was there, it was _awesome_.

akronnick

« Reply #119 on: 09 Dec 2009, 13:57 »

I'd rather live in a place that measures its snow in inches or centimeters rather than feet or meters.

Meters(!) is way too much snow!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #120 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:02 »

I like the new haircut...and on the crush front...

I am a female nerd that went through a lot of crap in highschool. I used to blush and get all flustered in the same way Mar-Mar does whenever I received a compliment, regardless as to whether I was attracted to, much less had a crush on, whomever was delivering the compliment. I'm slightly more at ease about it now.

It can be hard not to freak out when you aren't used to people saying you're pretty.

That's not to say she doesn't have a crush, just that a crush is not required for the response she is giving.

It's often much harder to receive a compliment than to give one.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #121 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:08 »

Meters(!) is way too much snow!
Well, after a certain point, the mass of the snow pressure-freezes the stuff at the bottom into a structural solid and you can build closed tunnels in it which will stay warm like an igloo. It's just such a pain to have to re-do them every year. And getting rid of the entombed tourists in spring isn't much fun either...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #122 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:14 »

Pardon me while I go and prepare to utter a large number of profanities.

I feel better now.
There is... only 27 seconds between your first post and your second post.
C = End # of cusses
c = Cuss
S = Second
27c = C/S*27
c = C/S
cs = C

Unless I am horribly and terribly and massively wrong.
Which is more than likely.
Got snow today (Bloomington, IN).
Not much though.
We're having more wind than snow.
Is Angus eating microwavable ramen?
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

akronnick

« Reply #123 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:19 »

Well, after a certain point, the mass of the snow pressure-freezes the stuff at the bottom into a structural solid and you can build closed tunnels in it which will stay warm like an igloo.

Isn't that called a glacier?

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #124 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:24 »

No; glaciers happen when the snow stays all through summer too.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #125 on: 09 Dec 2009, 14:56 »

This just to say that I live in a place where temperature only exceptionally goes below 5°C.

I don't know why I felt compelled to post this, but hey...
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #126 on: 09 Dec 2009, 15:30 »

This just to say that I live in a place where temperature only exceptionally goes below 5°C.

I don't know why I felt compelled to post this, but hey...

I'd go batshit insane.

I live in Alaska by preference, mind..   so I may already be.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #127 on: 09 Dec 2009, 17:12 »

- against popular demand, har har -

Hey, you asked! 

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #128 on: 09 Dec 2009, 17:23 »

- against popular demand, har har -

Hey, you asked!  

I don't recall asking for your honest opinion! But what else happens this week? Jeph has already got the comics done.

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #129 on: 09 Dec 2009, 18:57 »

Jeph accidentally uploaded tomorrow's comic for a short time.

I lost it in my web history.  :|

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #130 on: 09 Dec 2009, 19:06 »

haha poor cosette.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Gespenst

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #131 on: 09 Dec 2009, 19:07 »

I know that high schools treat their charges more like inmates than students these days, but I don't think colleges are like that (yet.)

Well that's because colleges are, nominally, populated by adults.

Non of the 'dorms' at my university have any kind of rules on visitors and since all 2nd year + students live in off campus housing (that is to say a group of students band together and rent a house)...

Can there be a Team Picard? I still find it funny that at the age of 11 I thought the hottest guy on tv was an old bald guy.

But it's Patrick Stewart, so it's understandable. More than understandable.

Also Beard Riker >>> Non-Beard Riker

For the record, Rushuna Tendo (A) does exist and (2) looks like this:

Oh, I half thought that there was a Ranma 1/2 character that I'd forgotten about. A distant cousin or something...

What does she look like then?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #132 on: 09 Dec 2009, 19:22 »

haha poor cosette.

and poor Steve.  He's going to have to live with the crushing guilt... until the next girl. 

Well, Luna did try to warn Cosette, it's really not Steve's fault, but damn that wold be shitty. 

I had a bicycling accident once, someone opened a car door as I was going down a steep hill.  I flew 30 feet, and landed on my back.  Couldn't move or feel my legs, I'd cracked my sacrum and had paralysis from the shock.  When the ambulence finally got me to the hospital, I suddenly felt something weird in my one foot.  I told the paramedic, and he said "Good!  I've been pinching that foot for over half an hour!" 

Full recovery.  Still can't sit on a hard bench for any length of time, though.  Tingles the legs a bit. 

The bike didn't survive.  Neither did the car door. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #133 on: 09 Dec 2009, 20:10 »

Grud ya gotta feel sorry for these two

They just can't seem to catch a break
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #134 on: 09 Dec 2009, 20:51 »

Then the Ambulance crashes on the way to the hospital.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #135 on: 09 Dec 2009, 21:16 »

$ units inches ton
conformability error
   0.0254 m
   907.18474 kg

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #136 on: 09 Dec 2009, 21:22 »

Then the Ambulance crashes on the way to the hospital.

And they all excape, but then .. ZOMBIES!

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #137 on: 09 Dec 2009, 22:06 »

I hear you. Up here in Cleveland we've lost power twice today due to high winds: once at work in the middle of surgery (and our building has no windows) and just a bit ago for almost two hours. I'm currently charging my cell phone while I have a chance, just in case.
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #138 on: 09 Dec 2009, 23:35 »

Comics are just weird atm.
Carpe Diem

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #139 on: 09 Dec 2009, 23:41 »

Way to go, man of steel; you just torn your woman of kleenex asunder. 

lhasafi

• Plantmonster
  • Looking for a recipe for yelling-bird stew
« Reply #140 on: 09 Dec 2009, 23:51 »

Oh darn, Steve just keeps getting f***ed (metaphorically speaking). Poor Cosette, I hope she'll be alright.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #141 on: 10 Dec 2009, 00:10 »

I hear you. Up here in Cleveland we've lost power twice today due to high winds: once at work in the middle of surgery (and our building has no windows) and just a bit ago for almost two hours. I'm currently charging my cell phone while I have a chance, just in case.

Ha, my power was out for 5 hours in victoria.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #142 on: 10 Dec 2009, 03:52 »

Grud ya gotta feel sorry for these two

They just can't seem to catch a break
See, here I thought the problem was that she had far too many of them.

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!
« Reply #143 on: 10 Dec 2009, 04:40 »

Yikes!   :-o  Well, her toes are wiggling, so that's a good sign, I guess.  I'm thinking she popped her apical ligament.  I'm told that can happen if you traction the neck following severe neck injuries.  It's considered a medical emergency.  Poor Cosette.   :-(

Just to help people decide...   :-P

BryanP

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #144 on: 10 Dec 2009, 05:04 »

Poor Cossette.  The girl is a walking (well, not so much now) disaster.  At this rate she's going to be Stephen Hawking without the brain.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #145 on: 10 Dec 2009, 06:03 »

Just to help people decide...   :-P

Looks like the guy from Reno 911.  Probably the glasses, though. 

ndperfesser

• Plantmonster
« Reply #146 on: 10 Dec 2009, 06:32 »

Jeph left out the panel where Steve asks Cossete if she minds if he finishes before calling 911 because her reply even melted the Yelling Bird's ears.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #147 on: 10 Dec 2009, 07:27 »

The girl is a walking (well, not so much now) disaster.  At this rate she's going to be Stephen Hawking without the brain.

Maybe not. There are a few small motion lines around her feet, so she's probably not paralyzed.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #148 on: 10 Dec 2009, 07:40 »

I thought the guy who hung around with the Brain was named Pinky, not Stephen.

I suppose Jeph might paralyze Cosette, but that's a little dark, and wouldn't be nearly as funny as…no, I'll not game it. Hums a few bars from a Marvin Gaye song.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #149 on: 10 Dec 2009, 07:50 »

Cosette gets impaled of course, because look at whats written on the car.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up