THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So there's already a thread ABOUT christmas but how about what you all GOT??  (Read 12818 times)

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier

SO I'LL START THIS PARADE OK HERE WE GO:

Frank Sinatra 3-disc collector's set (including a DVD and a card for free downloads)
Little Miss Sunshine
CD-Rs
Maxim Calendar
Magnetic Dry Erase Board
Borat
candy
Bella Complete Bed Set
Poster of a Nietzsche quote ("Without Music..") with some music notes
Poster of every Beatles album
$300 in cash, $50 check
other shit i can't remember but damn this was a good christmas.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work

Except little miss sunshine sucks.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Your four word sentence has an extra word.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE

Yeah you can do without the "Except"

Inglorious Basterds
Ry Cooder cd
Cook with Jamie (oliver)
the curious incident of the dog in the night-time
an orange waffle-print hoodie/thermal shirt thing
brown t-shirt

wee
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

I received some of the most severe pain and nausea I've ever felt.

I also got a clever tool for dividing recipes.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Zingoleb

I got a set of speakers from my father on the condition I give him my old ones, which was awesome.

My grandmother gave me a backscratcher.

scarred

• Older than Moses

Everything I asked for, plus Sasquatch tickets and money. SCORRRE
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Zingoleb

I was actually pretty happy with what I got until I read what everyone else got. Goddammit.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

The amount of gifts has decreased drastically the past, well, 4 years, really, but this year was pretty good, quality-wise. Got some of the stuff I wanted, and enough money to buy the other stuff if I want.

- A nice, black leather belt.
- AKG K 518 headphones (well, K 518 DJ, but the DJ-part is irrelevant)
- Clinique deodorant and body lotion
- Season 2 of Dexter on DVD
- Socks w/70% wool (Ulvang). My favorite kind of socks, but they're also about $12-14 per pair, so not exactly the ones I buy for myself most often.
- Small sports bag
- 2000kr / ~US$345
- Book with lots of traditional Norwegian food from various parts of the country. Loads of gross stuff, but some stuff I might appreciate having a collection of later on.
- David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (my cousin went "I asked the girl in the store, she looked about your age.")
- Sweatpants, because my dad feels like lounging around in sweatpants is better than lounging around in pajama pants. Don't know if I agree, but they're comfy, so why not.

The belt and the headphones were probably my favorites, but I'm pretty sure this is the first year I haven't gotten a single stupid, unusable thing.

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔

I spent more money of my parents than I received.
I made a loss on christmas.
Growing up is weaksauce.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work

Don't you fucks tell me how to board.

He said it was a great christmas. I was refuting it.

Fuck all y'all.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

My favorite present was the case of Velveeta Shells and Cheese. I can eat the FUCK out of that stuff. I also got socks, the new Super Mario Bros for Wii, a sweet Stafford jersey (LIONS!), a pretty key necklace, a comforter and a throw and also my mom helped me pay for my laptop. My step-brother gave me like $40 bucks too; I'd gotten him a belt for his snowmobile since I live so he paid me back plus some. I didn't get him anything. Oops!

There'll be more since I didn't get to go to my mom's family's side because of the stupid blizzard. The drifts are huge, huge enough that the tractor almost got stuck when my mom's husband was feeding the cows.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

Look, I'm not all that big on Christmas, but it still seems to me that listing out your presents is a little crass.

Zingoleb

Why not? If you got it, flaunt it.

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

and some cash, and a thing to cook omelettes.

I'll be getting a couple more gifts from my siblings tomorrow.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

I was thinking the same thing as est when reading this thread. It feels kinda like you are gloating at how much better your presents where compare to everyone else (not you specifically, zingoleb, people in general). I got a fairamount of presents for Christmas, and i feel a bit bad because I dn't get my family that much in return. I can't afford a lot of presents and I think giving a pile of gifts that will largely be forgotten about is a bit dumb, soigot a few presents I hoped my family would use. If I had gotten one present from each of my family members and they were well thought out and personal, then I would be much happier than a huge pile of gifts where half of them are essentially joke presents.

Basically what I am saying is that I don't want to see a shopping list of what people got for Christmas. What would be better would be people talking about one thing they got and why they are really happy to have got it. Makes it less gloaty.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Be My Head

What would be better would be people talking about one thing they got and why they are really happy to have got it. Makes it less gloaty.

The book I got is friggin awesome. It has an entire chapter devoted to recipes containing giblets. I can't wait to make some of the dishes in it. French food kicks so much ass. The downside is that reading it makes me SO hungry. Also, it has a lot of history and personal anecdotes in it as well which is nice.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

i love my electric toothbrush but everyone is probably sick of how much i have been talking about ACTION CUP lately so i won't talk about ACTION CUP anymore. it's pretty action-packed though. like a good action cup should be.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

I hated that book. I have no idea why.

Hmm, I got a 16gb Ipod Nano,
needles for that old record player we have.
The Beatles: Rock Band
A mixtape.

And that's it.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Oh man fresh needles would be awesome (the one that's still on mine was from the last time my grandparents woulda done it... probably around 40 years ago)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture

tie pin
Joker by Brian Azarello
Kingdom Hearts (because my old disc got scratched)
1600 MS Points
Xbox 360 controller charger thing
AWESOME peacoat
Bioshock
Halo: Combat Evolved
money for shopping on sunday

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Oh man fresh needles would be awesome (the one that's still on mine was from the last time my grandparents woulda done it... probably around 40 years ago)

Now, the only thing that's missing is that big "rubber band" that makes the turntable turn. I thnik the model we have is actually the same that Be My Head posted, with the big plastic cover missing.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Zingoleb

HEY MOTHERFUCKERS, SEE THOSE? I JUST GOT THOSE

At a quarter volume, it is way louder than my old dildo speakers. At third volume, it's loud enough to actually feel like I'm sitting next to someone playing a double drum set. At half volume it starts vibrating shit off my shelves. I'm scared to turn it up further.

Be My Head

Logitech eh?

Cool. I kind of feel like bass is a bit overrated though.

Zingoleb

Fuh kyew, I like the ability to make passing cars feel like their shocks are going bad

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Bamboo Tablet
Inglorious Basterds
District 9
Fancy watch

Wheeeee
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

I think the best present I got this year was coming to the understanding that even though I find the place my parents have moved to after taking an early retirement boring they absolutely love the place and love the fact that they own the house outright and have basically no stress in their lives now and look super healthy and happy. I was really worried for them when they first moved, but after spending an early Christmas weekend with them last week I feel really happy for them.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

That's awesome Est.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

the best present i got this year was the satisfaction of knowing i will die surrounded by the products of my consumption  :evil:
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat

santa missed the big item on my list and that was "the tender embrace of the grave," i wonder why  :?

Johnny C

• Mentat

i did get a nice new toque though

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.

the best present i got this year was the satisfaction of knowing i will die surrounded by the products of my consumption  :evil:
Wait what, drowning in your own vomit after binge drinking isn't a good present
santa missed the big item on my list and that was "the tender embrace of the grave," i wonder why  :?
If you are ever in such as hard times man you can maybe like talk to me because I am not a dude to judge or make little of your situation
i did get a nice new toque though
I am guessing you mean a knit winter hat and not a chef hat but I mean if you like to cook than that is ok too I mean I ain't dissin' on the culinary arts
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

ruyi

• Beyoncé

My Old Gung Gung who is senile :-( gave me $500  :|  :-)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

My Christmas was surprisingly fruitful. Due to lack of funds I didn't get to give as much as I would have liked, but I got my sister a pterodactyl so that was pretty cool.
My sister ended up giving me like five things, all of which are incredibly thoughtful and awesome and somewhat indicative of my ridiculous character:
- a swiffer wetjet (i am far from the tidiest person but i just really like swiffers, i mean how can you not, especially the wetjet kind)
- a stylophone (it's a tiny electronic organ! i fucking love instruments! ahhhhh!)
- a music box melody maker thingy (i have like three sheets for songs, i am open to suggestions that are melodic enough but not hopelessly complicated because i am bad at notation)
- chicago's greatest hits (yeah, um... all i really need is chicago w/ peter cetera and i am happy)
- a sweet-ass photo album because i guess i am going to college soon maybe.

My brother got me Simpsons Scene It and I cannot wait to destroy everyone who isn't older than me. My other brother got me New Super Mario Bros. Wii because Christmas is just New Video Game Opportunity and oh god it is so fun, and the case is red, and we keep dying, so much. I am not sure how I can handle four player co-op because it will be the best chaos ever.

Then I spent a lot of the day in meebo and that was really nice too.

There's one thing I'm lacking though, and that's this one kid, but maybe that can be resolved next week

Murr christmas, shitfucks.
it's time to stop posting

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

My mother gave me a (well two really, it was too big to fit into one notebook) cookbook of all the recipes she has used and we have liked over the years. I was looking through it and there are so many things, especially the cakes and slices, that i remember from my childhood that I am looking forward to making. I can see it being something to help me start a cookbook of my own. I also got a set of measuring cups that make up a matroyshka doll, so now I can tell I am going to be buying cooking stuff (or taking some from here which never gets used). I am pretty jealous of the people who got the big fancy mixers, but I know that I have no room at the moment in my kitchen to use it (or store it).

I have been meaning to start cooking more, and Ben got an Ainsley Harriot 5 Ingredient cookbook, so maybe these presents will help more.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

My Christmas was surprisingly fruitful. Due to lack of funds I didn't get to give as much as I would have liked, but I got my sister a pterodactyl so that was pretty cool.

Uh...Will you be my sister? I want a pterodactyl!

I got....
-A sweetass awesome as hell Kitchenaid
-Some great wine glasses
-$250 worth of various alcohols
-Who Killed Amanda Palmer?
-A cookbook full of soup and bread recipes
-Various patchouli scented things
-Monsters Of Folk cd
-A crockpot

I'm pretty excited about a number of things I received.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I got socks, a scarf which is alright, but I believe it is going to be itchy because it was made from shit yarn (still a nice thing though), two pairs of my pants patched up (this was coincidence, my mom was patching them up and the first time I was at their place was xmas), a welsh corgi puppy calendar (SOOO CUTE), $20 and a $20 gift card to wal-mart.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Emaline I got it from Target! It's a Hatchling and it bites you when you put your finger in its beak
it's time to stop posting

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

My parents gave me some stuff that is useful and pleasant.
My aunt and uncle gave me something quite nice that I appreciate, even if they probably only got it because they had no idea what I'd like.
My girlfriend got me what I asked her for as well as some other stuff that tell me that she thinks about me and appreciates me.
My brother got me something that he knows I've wanted for ages but could never justify buying for myself.
My mum got me something that proved that she doesn't really know me at all but at least she's trying.

What these things are aren't important but they made me feel good to have these people in my life.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

When I was talking to my sister about what I would like for christmas some months ago I mentioned that I was after a book on python (the programming language). She's an environment type and thought I was talking about snakes and this turned into a bit of an in joke and then disappeared. Come christmas morning I open the gift she got me when we went shopping for each other (it is so much easier that way) and hidden the box is a small cardboard book that she's made full of bits and pieces of information about python, all handwritten and furnished with pictures she's taken of the snake at her work and snakes she's seen when she was doing trapping. It was such a great gift.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

I hated that book. I have no idea why.

You have no heart.

I got... at least 10 books and comics of various sizes, the best two was probably the Selfish Pigs book (from the guy who made Suicide Bunnies, if you've read them), and Gathering Of The Storm, which I've been waiting for so long (I've gotten to number 10 in my "reading through all of the old ones first"-project). I got LoTR as well, but I've already got that one, Dune: the Butlerian Jihaad, which I've head different things about, a book from the Swedish Rocky comic (little book about sex), and a bunch of others. I haven't even started on a lot of the books I got for my birthday in October, so I'd better start reading more.

The gift I'll probably use most, though, is a new pair of leather gloves, since it's ffffking cold all the time outside now.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.

James I'm glad to hear about the presents you got and why, so i will contribute to this.

DRINK MORE FLUIDS
My boyfriend combined my love of scrabble and tea with my favourite colour PURPLE
My cousin also bought me 9 types of tea and a cute mug
I also got a thermos and a water bottle, to remind me to drink more fluids.

SMELL SEXIER
I got a perfume called Sexual Instinct
and a body spray x2 called 'Miss Priss' and 'Ooh la love'

GET A JOB
my cousin got me a slick A4 compendium and travel wallet set

est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Barmymoo

• Mentat

My dad's tendency is to buy me ridiculous, pointless but amusing things like dancing cows and cow-patterned milkshake machines and paint-a-cow kits and cow-shaped hot water bottles. After last year's haul I can't imagine what else there could be on this earth, so maybe he'll try a new theme?

He got me a cow-patterned hot water bottle with a tiny cow in a little pocket, a pair of cow-patterned bed socks, a tiny cow that is also a light and makes mooing noises, a toy cow that moos when you press its foot and a new Palm PDA to replace the one he got last year which I stupidly allowed to get smashed. I'm going to take much better care of this one.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!

My most awesome presents were
- A 320GB Portable Hard-drive from my partner (to replace the 250GB hard drive I previously had the was the size of a large print copy of War and Peace, wooo digital mobility)
- A set of Wharfdale speakers for my laptop from her parents (2x5W surrounds and a 10W Sub, not as killer as the Logitec ones further up, but essentially awesome as until now have had no way of amplifying my tiny tiny built-ins, making film-watching and music-listening rather difficult)
- And in early November I traveled to London to watch Arsenal play AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Champions League and my Mother paid for ticket, travel and beer, and it was a wholly awesome evening!

Nearly EVERYTHING else was toiletries. Except some gin from my partners sister and the Mighty Boosh Future Sailors tour DVD which was a present for me and Vicky.

I have already started making my birthday wish list (its not until April, but I can pretty much guarantee it'll be another football trip from my Mum!)
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

allison

• i really want a mustache

For Christmas I got to spend time with my family and I was reminded that the gift I am given every day is wonderful people who love me. There was also and exchange of assorted trinkets and we all had quite good fun ripping and rending the wrapping from them.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now

I got to see all my children and my wife really enjoy the gifts I got them.

What did I get?  Almost nothing, but that's okay.  We have a saying in my house: "Daddy doesn't do Christmas" so nobody gets me much of anything.  What I do get though, I get today.  I get to go in my garage and make stuff.   I'll be building some custom shelf space in the music room to hold the amps (daughter got a new 2x10" cab and the room is really starting to get crowded) and I get to build a frame to hold up a flat panel mount in this weird hole thing that the builder put above my fireplace because when the house was built everyone still had CRTs.   So I'm framing it up and covering it, then mounting a t.v. and putting a wii there.

tl;dr:  I'm going to Home Depot and everyone has to leave me alone all day while I made sawdust for the stuff that they got.   Everyone ends up happy.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

40 bucks from my Grandma!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I got some things that are nice.

- Settlers of Catan
- Blender
- Star Trek DVD
- Pretty necklace
- Hells of Target gift cards (combination of graduation, Christmas, and birthday gifts from my cousin)
- Dart board
- Shiny new tea kettle
- Money money money
- Time with my sister! This is maybe not an actual gift but it is a good thing nonetheless.
- Memory card for my camera

I am pretty content with this selection. Upcoming presents include something else from my brother, apparently, and a date with the boy I like. Christmas is lovely.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

The dog was delighted with his present; he even opened it himself. It was a squeaky ball when he got it. It's now a pile of bits of rubber but at least he had fun.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up