THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 13:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Jan 4 to Jan 8 2010  (Read 41629 times)

westrim

WCT Jan 4 to Jan 8 2010
« on: 03 Jan 2010, 21:44 »

So since I got here and no one had made a thread yet, I figured I would, again. People, this is getting creepy. I am NEVER on time or early for things, so being the first to start the discussion thread twice in a row is most unsettling. Hop to it and make it before I get here or I'm going to start getting serious heebie-jeebies.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2010, 21:47 by westrim »

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCT Jan 4 to Jan 8 2010
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2010, 22:10 »

I've ben waiting for someone to start it for like three hours now, I didn't start it myself because I did it a couple of weeks ago, but if the comic had gone up I would have started it.

So Marten, Faye, Angus, bewbs, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2010, 22:52 »

Can't get into the ustream chat. 

Can't say as I'm terribly dissapointed, either...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

westrim

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2010, 23:39 »

If only life was simple enough that there could be a strategy guide for it. Now thinking sad thoughts...

badbum61

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • I'm going to eight, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 2010, 23:43 »

Talkin'? Considerin'? Feelin'?

Gee, Faye's certainly loosened up for someone who once refused to use contractions....
What the hell are YOU staring at?

Natasha

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:00 »

I get very upset at the idea of a Faye/Angus possibility. He's such an obnoxious jerk.

akronnick

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:02 »

Yeah and Faye is nothing but lollipops and kittens.  :roll:
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:10 »

Actually, lollipops and kittens might be an accurate description of Faye: delicious and, ah, fluffy (busomy, chesty, what have you) looking, but get within reach and the claws sink in. Worse, given Marten, Angus, and even Sven's, god help us, reactions, rather sticky and difficult to get free of.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:25 »

Hhmmm, not so fond of Faye retconning her relationship with Sven, even in jest. By "he used a cheat code" she apparently means "I grabbed him and started making out with him to his total surprise, and then initiated a fwb situation with him"?

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:46 »

"Lime Ass" Flavored drinks....

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2010, 00:54 »

Right, because coffee drinks are so much healthier.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2010, 01:05 »

Hhmmm, not so fond of Faye retconning her relationship with Sven, even in jest. By "he used a cheat code" she apparently means "I grabbed him and started making out with him to his total surprise, and then initiated a fwb situation with him"?

I think it might be more that she was drunk and impulsive, also if memory serves he used his 'Come Hither' look on her (though he was aiming for Hannelore and missed) which might be her definition of a cheat code. I do like the idea of Marten as a strategy guide but he seems rather incomplete as he is closer to a "Ok, don't do X, I have no clue if anything will HELP you but I can tell you what will get you kiilled."
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2010, 01:16 »

It's just that she keeps casting herself as The Much-Wronged Victim in that relationship and not taking any responsibility for a situation that she, in effect, orchestrated.  I think she has plenty of reason to still be upset and hurt about it, but I also maintain that, within the boundaries of the situation (as it was set up by Faye!) Sven did very little "wrong."  A lot "stupid" and "unfortunate," but little morally wrong.

akronnick

« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2010, 01:35 »

Wow!!!

Lot's of old scabs gettin' ripped open up in here!

Ought to make for an exciting week here in the good ole Serious Pony Discussion Forum!

Ravenswing

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2010, 03:41 »

It's just that she keeps casting herself as The Much-Wronged Victim in that relationship and not taking any responsibility for a situation that she, in effect, orchestrated.  I think she has plenty of reason to still be upset and hurt about it, but I also maintain that, within the boundaries of the situation (as it was set up by Faye!) Sven did very little "wrong."  A lot "stupid" and "unfortunate," but little morally wrong.
Yeah, beat me to it.  Pity there's no one in her life who can really get away with making her face that:

1) She went after Sven, not the other way around;
2) Both of them explicitly acknowledged that it was about sex and nothing else;
3) Faye made it clear that she wasn't interested in any genuine relationship;
4) He slept with someone else and was up front to her about it;
5) She couldn't hack it and bailed, the end.

I don't think Sven did anything wrong.  What he was was her regular late night booty call.  If she wanted a monogamous pairbond, she should have negotiated one.  She didn't owe him anything - and would have violently resented any suggestion that she did - and he didn't owe her anything.  Period.

Okay, she couldn't hack him boffing someone else, and she bailed; that's her right.  But time for her to do some growing up and take responsibility for her own actions.  "Cheat code," feh.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2010, 03:43 by Ravenswing »
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

akronnick

« Reply #15 on: 04 Jan 2010, 03:55 »

Everything you just said is true but you left out an important detail:
       She specificly told him that if he were to hook up with anyone else, it would end their arrangement.

By choosing to sleep with Gina, Sven chose to end the arrangement with Faye. Whatever their relationship was Sven chose someone else.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #16 on: 04 Jan 2010, 04:09 »

STOP WRITING IN YELLOW!
Fixed.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #17 on: 04 Jan 2010, 04:37 »

The next day people stop retconning their own past is the first.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2010, 05:16 »

"Lime Ass" Flavored drinks....

And "Gross Tea"?!

Can't get into the ustream chat. 

Can't say as I'm terribly disappointed, either...

Ustream timing usually sucks for me, but I was able to catch a bit of the last panel being drawn while eating breakfast. As the chat topic turned to oral sex, Jeph drew the cow poster with the "EAT ME!" caption. Lucky coincidence, or comedy genius?

And, FayeFAQS. We know - she FAQed Sven.  :-D
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jan 2010, 05:19 »

As the chat topic turned to oral sex, Jeph drew the cow poster with the "EAT ME!" caption.
Now that you mention it, the cow is kinda dick-shaped.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

akronnick

« Reply #20 on: 04 Jan 2010, 05:40 »

Ustream timing usually sucks for me, but I was able to catch a bit of the last panel being drawn while eating breakfast. As the chat topic turned to oral sex, Jeph drew the cow poster with the "EAT ME!" caption. Lucky coincidence, or comedy genius?

And, FayeFAQS. We know - she FAQed Sven.  :-D

I usually just maximize the main window and completely ignore the chat bar. I want to see the master at work, not the silly little fanlings* arguing over who has the biggest cock.

*fanlings: non-gender-specific equivalent of fanboi/fangurl.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jan 2010, 06:43 »

If only life was simple enough that there could be a strategy guide for it. Now thinking sad thoughts...

Forget life, I'd be glad if there was a strategy guide for relationships in general. That alone must be enough to fill a large book.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #22 on: 04 Jan 2010, 06:49 »

She specificly told him that if he were to hook up with anyone else, it would end their arrangement.

By choosing to sleep with Gina, Sven chose to end the arrangement with Faye. Whatever their relationship was Sven chose someone else.

Hear, hear!  

In addition, Sven was the one that got back in touch, missing her (acting like a dick at the sledding party, or a 3rd grader, same thing), then wanting to make it better and hang out again - although he messed things up, he was also the one who wanted the relationship to go further than the set boundaries, probably for the first time in his life, and much to his own dismay.  Don't forget all that angst about "developing a conscience"!  

Also, he's been keeping a pretty low profile since his brief conversation with Wil.  Which brings up another dangling thread I'd like to see in the new year; How are Wil and Penelope doing?  Sven can be expected to be absent for long periods of time, peddling his songs in Nashville, or wherever; but Wil & Penny are right there, in town, workin' hard...

Remember, folks; cheat codes not only get you bad endings, they spoil the satisfaction of actually surmounting life's challenges and winning!  

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jan 2010, 08:56 »

In case you're wondering about Wil, Sven and Penny:

Quote from: Sven
spending new year's at the bar with Wil. ladyless. fuck.

Quote from: Penny
Going to the New Year's party alone 'cause Wil has to work at the bar tonight :(
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #24 on: 04 Jan 2010, 08:56 »

Apparently, Faye's cheat code is in her pants. Remember, she got drunk and slept with him after the night of karaoke.
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1081
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #25 on: 04 Jan 2010, 09:39 »

I don't think Faye and Angus would work very long.  Angus is too dumb for Faye to find that interesting, and not masculine enough for her to find that attractive.  If they got together it'd only be a 'Hey someone actually likes me!' thing.

Kross

• Plantmonster
    • I Can Haz Posse?
« Reply #26 on: 04 Jan 2010, 09:53 »

Faye's cheat code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Pelvic thrust. I call it the Orgasmi Code. :D
Huntress (talking to The Question on a cellphone): So what are you wearing?
The Question: Blue overcoat. Fedora.
Huntress: You really stink at this.
The Question: ...Orange socks?

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 04 Jan 2010, 10:49 »

Faye's cheat code is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Pelvic thrust. I call it the Orgasmi Code. :D

You forgot the jump to the left

I think that Marten suits Faye perfectly as her Strategy Guide - albeit a few pages missing.   :D

Bot does that make Marigold Angus' Guide or visa versa?
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2010, 10:51 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Zingoleb

« Reply #28 on: 04 Jan 2010, 12:22 »

I thought that was Prism's...wait, nevermind.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #29 on: 04 Jan 2010, 13:06 »

Hear, hear!  

In addition, Sven was the one that got back in touch, missing her (acting like a dick at the sledding party, or a 3rd grader, same thing), then wanting to make it better and hang out again - although he messed things up, he was also the one who wanted the relationship to go further than the set boundaries, probably for the first time in his life, and much to his own dismay.  Don't forget all that angst about "developing a conscience"!  

Also, he's been keeping a pretty low profile since his brief conversation with Wil.  Which brings up another dangling thread I'd like to see in the new year; How are Wil and Penelope doing?  Sven can be expected to be absent for long periods of time, peddling his songs in Nashville, or wherever; but Wil & Penny are right there, in town, workin' hard...

Remember, folks; cheat codes not only get you bad endings, they spoil the satisfaction of actually surmounting life's challenges and winning!  

Sven did NOT "mess" anything up. Faye said she wanted them to be casual and sex-only and yet exclusive (ridiculous), Sven did not agree to that, she said that if he slept with someone, she would leave. OK.  As negotiated, it was totally his right to sleep with someone so long as he did not require Faye to stay afterward, and then it was Faye's right to leave.  They both exercised their rights.

Sven did not WRONG Faye in sleeping with Gina.  He hurt her, but he did not wrong her. Just like if a relationship is no longer working for one person in the couple, it does not put them in the moral WRONG to break up. Although Sven didn't even intentionally choose Gina over Faye, BUT HE COULD HAVE.

In fact if he'd come up to Faye and told her "so yeah, I met this girl, and she is not ashamed to be seen in public with me and isn't trying to maintain exclusivity while withholding any sort of commitment on her end, so I'm gonna go be with her now, bye," I would have cheered him on.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #30 on: 04 Jan 2010, 13:12 »

Too bad Faye's code is not right hand in, out, in, and shake. Life was so much easier when the Hokey Pokey described it—implied sexual connotations and all.

I blame Shigeru Miyamoto .

« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2010, 13:43 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #31 on: 04 Jan 2010, 14:31 »

Hear, hear!  

Sven did NOT "mess" anything up. Faye said she wanted them to be casual and sex-only and yet exclusive (ridiculous), Sven did not agree to that, she said that if he slept with someone, she would leave. OK.  As negotiated, it was totally his right to sleep with someone so long as he did not require Faye to stay afterward, and then it was Faye's right to leave.  They both exercised their rights.

Sven did not WRONG Faye in sleeping with Gina.  He hurt her, but he did not wrong her. Just like if a relationship is no longer working for one person in the couple, it does not put them in the moral WRONG to break up. Although Sven didn't even intentionally choose Gina over Faye, BUT HE COULD HAVE.

In fact if he'd come up to Faye and told her "so yeah, I met this girl, and she is not ashamed to be seen in public with me and isn't trying to maintain exclusivity while withholding any sort of commitment on her end, so I'm gonna go be with her now, bye," I would have cheered him on.

Dear Sir or Madam; 

Please respond to what I actually wrote, not what you think I meant.  Sven messed up at the sledding party.  He was, much to his own surprise, feeling hurt and lashed out at Faye.  Mainly because, unexpectedly, he foud that he actually cared for her.  He did not mess up the original contract, as you so kindly point out; however, he did mess up any chance of their relationship becoming anyhing more, and keeping her in his life. 

They both held up their end of the bargain.  And it didn't work out well for either of them.  Aparrently a little worse for Sven, he seems to be having a harder time recovering, while Faye seems to be coping better now that it's all over. 

Of course, who knows (besides Jeph and the vague amount of arc scripting he has) where it will all be going, but please remember - the physical act of sex and our emotions are horribly intertwined with each other.  There's really no such thing as a FWB, and even though a lot of people may want to argue that point, casual sex is unhealthy in more than the STD related way.  It messes with the emotional state of both you and your "partner". 

Supressing those emotions to keep the FWB facade isn't good, either.  You should love your friends.  If it goes further, great, but call it what it is - LOVE!!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 04 Jan 2010, 14:37 »

Too bad Faye's code is not right hand in, out, in, and shake. Life was so much easier when the Hokey Pokey described it—implied sexual connotations and all.

That is what it's all about! 

Thank you for the imagery. 

Where'd I leave the mental floss?

« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2010, 19:57 by Carl-E »

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #33 on: 04 Jan 2010, 16:32 »

I don't think Faye and Angus would work very long.  Angus is too dumb for Faye to find that interesting, and not masculine enough for her to find that attractive.  If they got together it'd only be a 'Hey someone actually likes me!' thing.

Didn't Faye once explicitly state that she did find him attractive?

Edit: Yes.  (panel 4)
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 04 Jan 2010, 17:16 »

I thought that was Prism's...wait, nevermind.

Don't tell me you said Rainbow Lovechild - again?!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #35 on: 04 Jan 2010, 17:26 »

Faye had been drinking when she jumped Sven but two lines of evidence point to her not having been drunk. First, she wasn't drawn with intoxication bubbles. Second, her speech patterns had not lapsed into drunkdrawl. It may also be relevant that there was no mention of a hangover in the morning.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #36 on: 04 Jan 2010, 22:24 »

I usually just maximize the main window and completely ignore the chat bar. I want to see the master at work, not the silly little fanlings* arguing over who has the biggest cock.

Unfortunately, for some reason full-screen ustream won't work on my PC. The screen just breaks up into jagged noise. It doesn't happen on Youtube, but I get the same problem when I try to watch Lem drawing Bunny on Vimeo.

Edit: This seems to be an issue with Firefox. I just took a look at today's ustream on IE8 and full-screen works fine. Anyone else have this? (I'm on FF version 3.5.6)
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2010, 22:42 by Binary »
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

akronnick

« Reply #37 on: 05 Jan 2010, 00:13 »

Quick! Somebody google aural sex.

I dare ya.

I double dog dare ya.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #38 on: 05 Jan 2010, 00:23 »

I dare ya.

I double dog dare ya.
I hate you so much I wish you would die from it. >:[
Doubleplus ungood, would not google again.

In case you're interested: Gay sex, gay sex, chick with a remote, chick getting her ass groped, album cover, chick in high heels, chick in bikini.
First line, anyway.

EDIT: I was so busy wishing HORRIFIC DEATH upon an innocent forumgoer that I forgot to mention how hilarious I found the last panel.
Also, pink boxers.

« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2010, 00:24 by TheReaper »
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #39 on: 05 Jan 2010, 00:25 »

So...Marten goes commando?

And now Faye walks in to find Marten with his member flying free.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

akronnick

« Reply #40 on: 05 Jan 2010, 00:38 »

Worse, Faye walks in with Angus while Marten has his member flying free.

Even worse, Faye walks in pulling Angus by HIS member while Marten has his member flying free.

Worst of all, Hannelore and Marigold walk in while Faye is pulling Angus by the member and Marten has his member flying free.
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2010, 00:39 by akronnick »

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #41 on: 05 Jan 2010, 00:48 »

There was a Family Guy episode where Meg and others at her school, following a "premarital sex is bad, mmkay" lecture, take to having ear-sex as an alternative to complete abstinence.  Peter falls for this too, for some reason which eludes me.

westrim

« Reply #42 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:23 »

I dare ya.

I double dog dare ya.
The weirdest thing I found doing that was this: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,923601,00.html, a Times article. The rest was all pretty meh, even image search. I guess I'm jaded.

Unfortunately, for some reason full-screen ustream won't work on my PC. The screen just breaks up into jagged noise. It doesn't happen on Youtube, but I get the same problem when I try to watch Lem drawing Bunny on Vimeo.

Edit: This seems to be an issue with Firefox. I just took a look at today's ustream on IE8 and full-screen works fine. Anyone else have this? (I'm on FF version 3.5.6)
I am, and no issues here bro (ironically). Maybe its a plugin error.

So...Marten goes commando?

And now Faye walks in to find Marten with his member flying free.

? You can clearly see the boxers. Unless he has sparse pubes and really pink skin under it.

akronnick

« Reply #43 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:29 »

Yes Marten is wearing pink boxers, but if he does indeed intend to do naughty things to Dora's ear canal, wouldn't it follow that he would have to allow little Marten into the open?

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #44 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:29 »

There was a Family Guy episode where Meg and others at her school, following a "premarital sex is bad, mmkay" lecture, take to having ear-sex as an alternative to complete abstinence.  Peter falls for this too, for some reason which eludes me.

Peter is rather dumb and suggestible. And yeah, I remember the line 'Prompting a new phrase, once you go black, you go deaf'
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

westrim

« Reply #45 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:40 »

Yes Marten is wearing pink boxers, but if he does indeed intend to do naughty things to Dora's ear canal, wouldn't it follow that he would have to allow little Marten into the open?

But he isn't commando, which was the issue. Unless we are working off different definitions; mine is "not wearing underwear under outer clothes".

akronnick

« Reply #46 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:45 »

He isn't commando yet. :evil:

westrim

« Reply #47 on: 05 Jan 2010, 01:53 »

He isn't commando yet. :evil:
....So he's going to remove his pants and boxers, then put on the pants again without the boxers? Seems unnecessary.  :?

Ravenswing

• Iconoclast
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jan 2010, 02:06 »

STOP WRITING IN YELLOW!
Fixed.
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

Ravenswing

• Iconoclast
« Reply #49 on: 05 Jan 2010, 02:10 »

That seems to be one of the rationales for the current oral sex kick in high schools, which a startling number of kids claim to Not Be Sex.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up