THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 300780 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #950 on: 17 Apr 2011, 21:08 »

Hey dude you got your STALKER in my New Vegas

If only they took out the skeletons and a few of the less poly-intensive creatures, it'd be just about perfect.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #951 on: 17 Apr 2011, 22:51 »

Actually scratch that - like a lot of creature-adding mods, it's a bit balance-wonky when you're at lower levels. You'll resort to a bit of kiting when staring down the ant infestation for Ranger Jackson at the Mojave Outpost, for example - the replaced ants are tough as nails. But for a higher-level character, it should be quite interesting.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #952 on: 22 Apr 2011, 10:54 »

Via searching "Honest Hearts" on XBL Marketplace
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #953 on: 22 Apr 2011, 11:11 »

they're going to wrap up his face, hey? grim but better than staring at like a leathery burn man for an entire dlc.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #954 on: 22 Apr 2011, 18:30 »

What, you don't just shoot ghouls?

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #955 on: 23 Apr 2011, 16:14 »

Having him wrapped entirely in bandages was in the Van Buren docs, wasn't it?
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #956 on: 23 Apr 2011, 23:16 »

Yeah, but he was also a CNPC and his past with the Legion was supposed to be something you discovered later on.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #957 on: 24 Apr 2011, 00:07 »

Patchhhhh
Hi everyone,

The promised patch for Fallout: New Vegas is almost here! PC users will get it on Monday and console folk will receive it soon (we’re still waiting to hear the exact date).

As I mentioned in my previous post, this patch contains optimizations and stability improvements as well as balance changes.

Here’s a rundown of the balance tweaks we’ve implemented for this update:

Guns:
Automatic Guns - SMGs, the Assault Carbine, and the LMG are more accurate across the board. They're also more durable. 12.7mm SMG mag capacity increased to 21.
Shotguns - Buckshot has received a x1.2 inherent DAM mod. This slightly incentivizes using buckshot over slugs when enemy armor is not an issue. Magnum buckshot has a x1.3 DAM mod and a small amount of DT bypass. Spread for many shotguns has been lowered.
Hunting Rifle, Anti-Materiel Rifle - Hunting Rifle and AMR now have the lowest spread of all rifles. Hunting Rifle RoF increased, Crit Chance set to x2. Anti-Materiel Rifle's Crit DAM has been raised from 80 to 110 to make it more viable when compared to the Gobi.
Sniper Rifle, Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle - Sniper Rifle and Gobi now have a higher RoF and lower AP cost. Both have x2 Crit Chance. Gobi has increased DAM and much higher Crit DAM over the Sniper Rifle.
That Gun - That Gun is now a slow-firing hand cannon that does huge DAM firing 5.56mm out of a short barrel.
Hunting Revolver – Rate of Fire increased.
Service Rifle - DAM slightly lowered, firing animation changed to the one used by Marksman Carbine, RoF dramatically increased. Spread decreased.
Silenced .22 Pistol, SMG - Crit DAM and Crit Chance significantly increased.
5mm Ammo - Base ammo has 10 points of DT bypass. AP variants have 25 points of DT bypass. This affects the Assault Carbine, Minigun, and CZ57 Avenger.
.308 JSP - DAM mult reduced from x1.5 to x1.3. x2 CND degradation effect added.
Lever-Action Rifles - Cowboy Repeater, Trail Carbine, Brush Gun - RoF has been slightly reduced, AP costs have been significantly increased, and spread has been slightly increased. Cowboy Repeater Custom Action RoF increase has been reduced. La Longue Carabine spread has been significantly lowered.

Explosives:
Dynamite - Larger explosion radius.
Frag and Plasma Grenades – DAM increased.
25mm Grenades - Slightly increased DAM on the explosion.
40mm Grenades - Significantly higher DAM on the explosion.
Missile Launcher / Fat Man - Now have much better zoom FoV and good accuracy. Missile and Fat Man projectiles (not the explosion) have a large base DAM. Both are extremely effective on direct hits, but still potent even if a direct hit is not scored. N.B.: Listed DAM on weapons assumes a direct hit!

Energy Weapons:
Gatling Laser - Base DAM is higher. Against heavily armored targets, this is still a poor weapon. Against lightly armored targets, especially with Over Charge or Max Charge ECPs + Focus Optics + Laser Commander, it has extraordinary DPS.
Tesla Cannon, Tesla-Beaton Prototype - These now consume far less ammo per shot and can be fired several times before a reload. DAM is beefy with an additional 2 second DoT.
Pew-Pew - Lower ammo capacity, consumes far fewer ECs per shot. Still a two-shot weapon.

Melee and Unarmed:
Ripper, Chainsaw, Thermic Lance - DAM lowered, all ignore DR/DT.
Bladed Gauntlet, Mantis Gauntlet - Ignore DR/DT flags removed (were not supposed to be marked as such). Mantis Gauntlet animation/sound fixed.

Perks:
Splash Damage – Functions properly.
The Professional - 10mm Pistol, SMG added to perk list.

Thanks,

Jason Bergman
Senior Producer, FNV
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #958 on: 24 Apr 2011, 10:55 »

damn lever action weapons get nerfed.

but that gun gets a buff!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #959 on: 24 Apr 2011, 11:05 »

To be fair, a fully modded Cowboy Repeater could pretty much see you through the entire game if you relied on VATS.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #960 on: 24 Apr 2011, 12:40 »

you would think priority one would be fix all the broken quests

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #961 on: 24 Apr 2011, 13:20 »

I don't think there are much of any, at this point. There aren't any game-breaking ones, at least (ala Vault 11 security turning House against you, etc.) As I've played it recently there are a couple of broken flags, such as Mr. New Vegas reporting that you failed to take back NCRCF if you aided the NCR siege, or a particular ending slide for the Followers bugging itself out of existence, or the coding error that gives you 200 karma for killing "mild" evil characters like ghouls and fiends and 2 karma for killing the only "super evil" characters (Cook Cook and Vulpes Incata). At this point I guess the House-BoS truce is cut content that needs to be restored via modding.

Bergman's announcement only really covered gun tweaks, because there are a lot of weapon geeks out there, and JE Sawyer is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he tested and coded all those tweaks himself.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #962 on: 24 Apr 2011, 18:14 »

i finally beat it last night and there are still weird conversational flag bugs, like how sterling spawning at camp forlorn hope makes raul's companion quest unfinishable. nothing is gamebreaking or main quest line breaking but there's still stuff that's not quite fixed.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #963 on: 24 Apr 2011, 18:17 »

Hmmm, I seem to recall Sawyer saying that got fixed in the Dead Money patch. Maybe not?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #964 on: 24 Apr 2011, 18:25 »

maybe it only works on new games or something? idk

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #965 on: 24 Apr 2011, 19:20 »

im pretty pissed that MR new vegas doesnt report the resounding victory at NCRCF for the NCR forces.  it bugs me.  Also that certain companion perks dont show up after their loyalty quest.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #966 on: 24 Apr 2011, 20:20 »

Yeah, but he was also a CNPC and his past with the Legion was supposed to be something you discovered later on.

Maybe... he still is  :-o

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #967 on: 25 Apr 2011, 06:31 »

Ah well.  I kinda thought the cowboy repeater was a bit too powerful.

I am going to have to find another "go to" general use weapon I suppose.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #968 on: 25 Apr 2011, 06:42 »

I'm not far into the game yet - haven't even hit Novac - but so far I've been wandering with a modded Varmint Rifle with no drama. Sniper scope and silencer and I'm taking down targets with sneak criticals right on the edge of my vision.

The ones I don't get to one-shot, I still manage to take down while they cross the distance between the two of us anyway. I'm assuming / hoping it'll get a little more difficult as I go on, but right now I've got my rifle for general use and a single shotgun for close-quarters combat and have only died like, twice - both times where I entered a building, forgot to sneak, and took a few steps forward, aggroing everything on the entire floor.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #969 on: 25 Apr 2011, 11:48 »

It definitely does get more challenging, I used my varmint rifle for a long time but it'll stop doing the trick soon enough. Just wait till you see your first death claw (I've actually yet to successfully kill one of those fucking things). I'm playing through it for the first time now, wandering around New Vegas itself and mostly doing those missions where you need to approach each major faction across the map to see if you want to have them on your side once you make a move to take over the Strip. Haven't visited Mr. House yet and at the moment I'm doing the Brotherhood of Steel missions (they're the last ones I need to see). I really, really love this game even though it's certainly not without its frustrations and I wish so much that I was playing it on a PC rather than a 360. Maybe I've only scratched the surface thus far but how does one get companions. I have that robot dog with me which kicks ass but that was the first opportunity I had to have someone tag along with me, and I have really high speech skills and everything.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #970 on: 25 Apr 2011, 11:58 »

There are optimal builds for different sorts of weapons, and sniper characters are really powerful in general. Ratslayer's really powerful through a good portion of the game with the right character.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #971 on: 25 Apr 2011, 13:00 »

Maybe I've only scratched the surface thus far but how does one get companions. I have that robot dog with me which kicks ass but that was the first opportunity I had to have someone tag along with me, and I have really high speech skills and everything.
You have to find them and some of them require that you do something before they'll join up. I'll put em in small text if you don't want them spoilt.

Boone - First dude you'll probably find. Go up to the Dinky mouth in Novac after dark and find out who killed his wife, then he'll join up. At this point, sans patch, he's definitely the most powerful companion in the game (due to a bug, whenever you go into his inventory his critical chance goes up by 5% permanently), and he will murder the shit out of anything that you come across. Hunting rifle default, will arm himself with anything from Cowboy Repeater up.
Victoria - At the 188 trading post, a bit north and west of Boulder City. Unarmed fighter with a pretty nasty default weapon (powerfist), will ask to join you. Fairly powerful, and BoS-affiliated, so if you're doing quest for them you can start her personal sidequest in short order.
Raul - Being held captive at Black Mountain (he has a cameo in one of Black Mountain Radio's Best Friend Tabitha broadcasts). You can fight your way up, or take a shortcut from Hidden Valley through a number of centaurs to a back door (requires some lockpicking skill). Be aware that if you pull Raul out before resolving the Tabitha quasi-quest (either kill her or revive her robot) she'll show up and cut the quest short. Raul's default gun is a .44 magnum, but he should take powerful revolvers of any sort (maybe any sort of pistol? I don't know)
Arcade - Fan favorite, hangs out in the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside. He's kind of hard to get - you'll need either a 75 speech skill, the gay perk, or a sub-3 intelligence (which is funny). Carries a plasma defender but should use any energy weapon you give him.
Lily - Nightkin super mutant, hangs out in front of the hotel in Jacobstown. Should join on asking. Carries a bumper sword, but should use any muscular melee weapon (the best one in the game is around that way, you just have to find it).
Cass - Irascible, drunken entrepreneur. Found in the Mojave Outpost cantina to the southwest. You have to be a ways into the game to recruit her - You have to reach the Crimson Caravan and do jobs for them until they decide to offer her a buyout. Convince her to take the deal (requires some speech, I think) and she'll tag along with you. Be careful when you've got her with you and go to the Silver Rush or Crimson Caravan. Cass isn't too popular mainly because her default weapon (a caravan shotgun) is underpowered relative to the rest of the companions' guns. Uses shotties of all stripes.
ED-E - Friendly robot, sitting on the counter of the Johnsons' store in Primm. You'll need either a good repair skill or an assortment of miscellany (scrap metal and 'lectronics, and 2 sensor modules) to boot him up. He takes up the robot slot that Rex currently occupies for you.

There are two companion slots, one for a humanoid and one for ED-E / Rex. Each companion gives you a handy perk when in your employ (you can check it via your perk list) which is upgraded when you complete their companion quest (most of which are obliquely revealed over time, so don't panic too much if it's not obvious how to get your dudes to open up). If you give them weapons, you also have to provide the appropriate ammo.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #972 on: 25 Apr 2011, 13:50 »

That sucks, I love the ending where the Khans and the Followers set up a new society.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #973 on: 25 Apr 2011, 14:42 »

That sucks, I love the ending where the Khans and the Followers set up a new society.

That was the ending I got! Felt good, man.

INDEPENDENT VEGAS FOREVER!

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #974 on: 25 Apr 2011, 15:19 »

It better be canon.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #975 on: 25 Apr 2011, 17:28 »

i do wonder what will be the cannon ending. My money is on the NCR winning, but I'd rather an independent vegas with Mr. House dead.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #976 on: 25 Apr 2011, 21:38 »

Who knows if there will even be a canon ending? It all depends on if there is a follow-up game set in the Mojave, which is not a given at all.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #977 on: 25 Apr 2011, 22:03 »

We haven't really gotten a Fallout game that has a branching ending like this, but the tradition has generally been that, if you visit a location from a previous game, it'll be on the fringes of the original map.

I'd probably guess that the NCR ending is canon, but who knows at this point. Like Brizzle Brozzle implies, Bethsoft is likely to focus on the east coast, and there's no guarantee Obsidian will get another crack at the franchise, much as everybody seems to hope they will.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #978 on: 25 Apr 2011, 22:20 »

How successful was this compared to the last one?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #979 on: 25 Apr 2011, 22:21 »

I mean even if it's all about money I hope they'll also notice this game is much closer in spirit than fallout 3.

Mein Tumblr

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #980 on: 25 Apr 2011, 22:57 »

I think it was more successful in the first couple weeks than Fallout 3, but I don't know what the final sales tally was like. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda offered Obsidian the chance to make another Fallout game to put out between Skyrim and Bethesda's own next Fallout game. On the other hand, NV was obviously mostly based on Bethesda's tech and I sincerely doubt another Fallout using 3's assets and technology would fly in 2012. So it depends on if Bethesda wants to let Obsidian build the next generation of Fallout tech on their own, base it to some degree on what they're doing with Skyrim and just generate the appropriate post-apocalyptic assets, or just let Fallout lay fallow for a little while until they can do it themselves. I guess it really ultimately wouldn't surprise me either way. I think New Vegas did well enough commercially and critically that Bethesda would be comfortable handing Fallout off to Obsidian again, but who knows if the business plans line up for that to happen in the near future or not. I was surprised at how hands-off Howard and the other bigwigs at Bethesda were when Sawyer and company monkeyed with the precedents set by F3, so maybe they'd be willing to let them take the lead next time. Who knows?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #981 on: 25 Apr 2011, 23:18 »

Perhaps when Skryim has been released for like a year they'll let Obsidian mess with the new engine. Which looks pretty fucking good if you ask me.

Mein Tumblr

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #982 on: 25 Apr 2011, 23:48 »

I'm not sure how many teams Bethsoft has at this point, but Bruce Nesmith is helming Skyrim. I believe he was a senior designer on FO3 (Emil Pagliarulo, who worked on the Thief games and designed the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, was lead). I'm pretty sure Bethsoft has been pretty consistent in their assertions that Fallout is theirs now, and while they did give Obsidian a lot of leeway, if the desire's there on the part of Bethesda to make a new game (and it's no doubt there) it would be pretty startling if they didn't give their internal team preference for the next iteration of the series.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #983 on: 26 Apr 2011, 03:49 »

I thought Howard was lead on all of Bethesda's internal stuff? Or is he just a exec producer now?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #984 on: 26 Apr 2011, 08:16 »

I would very much like to see how much each game has made to date.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #985 on: 26 Apr 2011, 09:32 »

I think he used to be a designer (Daggerfall day?) but now he's the head producer bro.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #986 on: 26 Apr 2011, 13:52 »

New achievements leaked:
In a Foreign Land - Bronze
Scouted the Zion Valley for signs of the White Legs.

O Daughter of Babylon - Silver
Crushed the White Legs.

When We Remembered Zion - Bronze
Arrived at Zion.

Restore Our Fortunes - Silver
Resupplied Daniel and the Sorrows
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2011, 15:59 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #987 on: 26 Apr 2011, 16:00 »

Exact patch deets:
Guns - Weapons

.357 Revolver - AP Cost increased from 20 to 26.
.44 Revolver - AP Cost decreased from 28 to 25.
10mm SMG - Health increased from 250 to 500; Spread decreased from 4.4 to 2; AP Cost increased from 20 to 22.
12.7mm SMG - Health increased from 250 to 500; Mag Size increased from 15 to 21; Spread decreased from 4 to 2; Fire Rate increased from 8 to 9; AP Cost increased from 20 to 24
9mm SMG - Health increased from 450 to 550; Damage (both standard and critical) increased from 11 to 14; Spread decreased from 2.2 to 1.5
All-American - AP Cost decreased from 20 to 13
Anti-Material Rifle - Spread decreased from .3 to .15; AP Cost decreased from 65 to 55; Critical Damage raised from 80 to 110
Assault Carbine - Health increased from 400 to 750; Damage (both standard and critical) increased from 12 to 13; Spread decreased from 1.5 to 1.2; Critical Hit Chance increased from 0.5x multiplier to 1x multiplier or in layman's terms, your crit chance is doubled.
Big Boomer - Given 1x Crit Chance Multiplier (Didn't crit before); Spread decreased from 6 to 3.5
Brush Gun - Spread increased from 0.03 to 0.06; AP Cost increased from 23 to 33; Now can only fire ~1.23 shots per second compared to ~1.85 pre-patch
Caravan Shotgun - Spread decreased from 4 to 2.2; AP Cost decreased from 27 to 20
CZ57 Avenger - Health increased from 1000 to 1600; Damage (both standard and critical) decreased from 14 to 13; Spread decreased from 1.1 to 0.55; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 45
Gobi Rifle - Base Damage increased from 40 to 48; AP Cost decreased from 33 to 24; You can now fire ~2.14 shots per second compared to ~1.77 shots per second; Crit Chance Multiplier increased from 1x to 2x; Crit Damage increased from 40 to 80
Hunting Revolver - AP Cost decreased from 32 to 31; You can now fire 1.5 shots per second compared to ~1.22 pre-patch
Hunting Rifle - Damage (Standard and Critical) increased from 45 to 52; Spread decreased from .03 to .01; Crit Chance increased from 1x to 2x
Hunting Shotgun - Health increased from 125 to 200; AP Cost decreased from 32 to 28
La Longue Carabine - Spread decreased from 0.2 to 0.05; AP Cost increased from 18 to 24; Fires ~2.15 shots per second compared to ~2.31 pre-patch
Lever-Action Shotgun - AP Cost decreased from 30 to 25
Light Machine Gun - Health increased from 400 to 800; Spread decreased from 3.2 to 1.5; AP Cost decreased from 30 to 18; Given 1x Crit Chance Multiplier (Didn't crit before)
Lucky - Fires 2.75 shots per second compared to ~2.34 pre-patch
Marksman Carbine - AP Cost decreased from 20 to 14
Minigun - Health increased from 800 to 1200; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 45
Mysterious Magnum - AP Cost decreased from 25 to 22
Ranger Sequoia - Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 45
Ratslayer - AP Cost decreased from 45 to 33; Fires 1.3 shots per seconds compared to ~1.1
Riot Shotgun - Health increased from 150 to 175; AP Cost decreased from 30 to 17; Spread decreased from 3.5 to 2.5
Sawed-Off Shotgun - Given 1x Crit Chance Multiplier; Spread decreased from 7 to 4
Service Rifle - Damage decreased from 20 to 18; AP Cost decreased from 22 to 15; Fires 4.2 shots per second compared to 2.3 pre-patch
Silenced .22 Pistol - Limb Damage Multiplier increased from 0.8x to 1x; Crit damage increased from 9 to 18; Crit Chance increased from 1x to 3x
Silenced .22 SMG - Health increased from 500 to 1000; AP Cost increased from 18 to 19; Limb Damage Multiplier increased from 0.8x to 1x; Crit damage increased from 6 to 20; Crit Chance increased from 1x to 3x
Sniper Rifle - Damage (Both standard and critical) increased form 42 to 45; Crit Chance increased from 1x to 2x; AP Cost decreased from 38 to 27; Fires ~1.93 shots per second compared to ~1.61 shots pre-patch
That Gun - Value decreased from 2000 to 1750; Health decreased from 250 to 225; Weight increased from 4 to 5; Damage increased from 22 to 30; Crit Damage increased from 18 to 30; Fires 3 shots per second compared to 3.75 pre-patch
Trail Carbine - Damage (standard and critical) increased from 45 to 48; Spread increased from .035 to .06; AP Cost increased from 21 to 29; Fires ~1.54 shots per second compared to ~1.85 shots pre-patch
Vance's 9mm SMG - Health increased from 600 to 750; Damage (standard and critical) increased from 13 to 17

Guns - Ammunition
10mm - Normal Value raised from 1 to 2; HP Value raised from 2 to 5; JHP Value raised from 1 to 3
12.7mm - Hollow Point - Value raised from 4 to 7
12 Gauge - Bean Bag - Value increased from 2 to 3
12 Gauge - Coin Shot - Given 1.3x DAM and -2 DT Bonus
12 and 20 Gauge - Normal - Given 1.2x DAM; 12 Gauge Value increased from 1 to 2
12 and 20 Gauge - Magnum - DAM increased from 1.15x to 1.3x; Given -2 DT bonus; 20 Gauge value decreased from 3 to 2
20 Gauge - Slug - Value decreased from 2 to 1
.223 Round - -DT Bonus Removed; Given a Value of 1 (No longer a boxed item)
.308 Round - Normal Value increased from 3 to 4; AP and HP Values increased from 5 to 9
.308 Round - JSP - DAM decreased from 1.5x to 1.3x; Given CND decay increase of 1.5x
.357 Magnum - Normal Value increased from 1 to 2; HP and JFP Values increased from 2 to 3
.38 Special - Given a Value of 1 (No longer a boxed item)
.44 Magnum - Normal Value increased from 2 to 3; HP Value increased from 3 to 7; SWC Value increased from 3 to 4
.44 Special - Given a Value of 2 (No longer a boxed item)
.45-70 Gov't - Normal Value increased from 3 to 4; HP Value increased from 5 to 8; SWC Value decreased from 7 to 5
.50 MG - AP Value increased from 10 to 14; Incendiary Value increased from 15 to 18
5.56mm - Normal Value increased from 1 to 2; AP and HP values increased from 2 to 4
5mm - AP and HP Values increased from 2 to 3
9mm - HP and +P Values increased from 2 to 3

Energy Weapons - Weapons

Gatling Laser - Damage (both standard and critical) increased from 7 to 10; Spread decreased from 1.3 to 0.5
Pew Pew - Mag Size decreased from 30 to 10; Ammo consumed per shot decreased from 15 to 5
Tesla Cannon - Base damage increased from 40 to 80; Crit Damage increased from 30 to 40; Mag Size decreased from 40 to 20; Ammo Consumption decreased from 40 to 5; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 40; Fires ~1.34 shots per second (This didn't matter pre-patch that much aside from delay to reload); You can now get disintegrate your enemies; Obtained Kill Impulse of 40
Tesla-Beaton Prototype - Base damage increased from 55 to 90; Mag Size decreased from 45 to 24; Ammo Consumption decreased from 45 to 6; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 40; Fires ~1.34 shots per second (Same thing as Tesla Cannon); Crit Damage decreased from 55 to 45; You can now get disintegrate your enemies; Obtained Kill Impulse of 50

Energy Weapons - Ammunition
EC Pack - MC and OC Values increased from 1 to 2
Energy Cell - OC Value increased from 2 to 3
MC Cell - MC Value decreased from 8 to 5

Explosives - Weapons

Annabelle - Damage increased from 20 to 150 (This is direct hit damage); Spread decreased from .4 to .02; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 40
Fat Man - Damage Increased from 10 to 400 (This is direct hit damage); Spread decreased from 2 to .5; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 40
Grenade Launcher - Spread decreased from 1 to .7
Grenade Machinegun - Health increased from 200 to 400; Given 5 Damage (Direct Hit)
Mercy - Health increased from 200 to 500; Given 5 Damage (Direct Hit)
Missile Launcher - Damage increased from 20 to 125 (Direct Hit); Spread decreased from .5 to .3; Sight FOV decreased from 55 to 40
Thump-Thump - Spread increased from .5 to .8

Explosives - Ammunition

25 mm Grenade - Damage increased from 35 to 50; Value increased from 2 to 8
25 mm Grenade HE - Damage increased from 35 to 50
40 mm Grenade - Damage increased from 50 to 100; Value increased from 5 to 12
40 mm Grenade Incendiary - Damage increased from 35 to 75; Value increased from 8 to 18
Dynamite - Damage Radius increased from 300 to 750 (OH MY, IT MAY BE USEFUL NOW!)
Frag Grenade - Damage increased from 75 to 125
Holy Frag Grenade - Damage increased from 500 to 800
Mini Nuke - Damage increased from 325 to 600; Weight decreased from 5 to 3
Missile - Damage Radius decreased from 1300 to 1000; Weight decreased from 3 to 1.5
Missile HE - Damage Radius increased from 1500 to 1700; Value increased from 100 to 150; Weight decreased from 3 to 1.5
Missile HV - Value increased from 100 to 150; Weight decreased from 3 to 1.5
Plasma Grenade - Damage increased from 150 to 225

Melee / Unarmed Weapons

Chainsaw - Damage decreased from 100 to 80
Ripper - Damage increased from 30 to 50
Chainsaw, Ripper, Thermic Lance - Ignore DT / DR
Mantis Gauntlet, Cram Opener - Ignore DT / DR Removed

Weapon Modification Kits

.44 Revolver - Values Before - 250; New Values: Heavy Frame - 1000; Scope - 1100
10mm Pistol - Values Before - 250; New Values: Extended Mags / Silencer - 750; Laser Sight - 650
10mm SMG - Values Before - 250; New Values: Extended Mags - 1000; Recoil Comp. - 1100
12.7mm - Values Before - 100; New Values: Pistol Silencer - 1750; SMG Silencer - 2750
9mm SMG - Values Before - 500; New Values: Drums - 800; Light Bolt - 850
Assault Carbine - Extended Mags - Before - 300; After - 1300
Brush Gun - Forged Receiver - Before - 700; After - 1750
Cowboy Repeater - Custom Action / Long Tube: Before - 250; After - 850 and 750 | Maple Stock: Before - 100; After - 675
Fat Man - Little Boy Kit - Before - 100; After - 2500
Flamer - Expanded Tanks - Before - 250; After - 1300
Gatling Laser - Values Before - 250; New Values: CF Frame - 2200; Focus Optics - 3000
Grenade MG - High-Speed Kit - Before - 250; After - 3500
Grenade Rifle - Long Barrel - Before - 250; After - 700
Hunting Rifle - Values Before - 250; New Values: Custom Action - 1200; Extended Mag -1600; Scope - 1300
Hunting Shotgun - Values Before - 250; New Values: Choke - 1500; Long Tube - 1750
Laser RCW - Recycler - Before - 750; After - 1900
Laser Rifle - Values Before - 250; New Values - Beam Splitter - 650; Focus Optics - 900; Scope - 850
LMG - Expanded Drums - Before - 250; After - 3200
Minigun - High-Speed Motor - Before - 250; After - 2750
Missile Launcher - Guidance System - Before 250; After - 1500
Plasma Caster - HS Electrode - Before - 250; After - 2500
Plasma Rifle - Mag. Accelerator - Before - 250; After - 800
Silenced .22 SMG - Drums - Before - 850; After - 1100
Sniper Rifle - Carbon Fiber Parts: Before - 1000; After - 1500 | Silencer: Before - 250; After - 1800
Service Rifle - Forged Receiver: Before - 250; After - 650 | Springs: Before - 100; After - 850
Trail Carbine - Scope - Before - 250; After - 1500

Glossary:

Sight FOV - The degrees in which your field of view be when you zoom in with a non-scoped weapon. The lower the #, the more your view will zoom in.
Kill Impulse - The amount at which your target gets pushed back when you use that weapon on them.

So, explosives become much more powerful and energy weapons are rebalanced to be a bit more powerful. Mods are now much more valuable.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2011, 16:03 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #988 on: 26 Apr 2011, 18:57 »

still nothing on the quests. just seems like weapon balancing and thats about it. :oops:

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #989 on: 29 Apr 2011, 09:08 »

Patch hit the Xbox and now I can't load my old saved games. Nice.

The weirdest bit is that trying to load a game gives a warning box "This save game relies on downloadable content that is no longer available. Some objects maybe no longer available. Continue loading?" despite the fact I haven't actually gotten ANY DLC for the game!

Then my Xbox freezes while loading. Going to have to wait for a patch for the patch to pick up my old game : \

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #990 on: 29 Apr 2011, 11:23 »

Yeah they're patching the 360 patch. Don't know how Bethsoft missed that.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #991 on: 03 May 2011, 07:21 »

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™

Three Additional Add-on Packs Releasing in Coming Months
for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PCs

May 3, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced three downloadable content packs will be released in the coming months for Fallout®: New Vegas™. The three packs will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows-based PCs.

Honest Hearts™, Old World Blues™ and Lonesome Road™ will further expand upon Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas takes all the action, humor and post-apocalyptic grime and grit of this legendary series, and raises the stakes.

Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.Reviews of Fallout: New Vegas have called the game as “an utterly essential purchase” (MSN UK) and as “addictively, rambunctiously fun” (Entertainment Weekly). The Associated Press awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars and said “Bottom Line: It’s a Blast”, while GameSpy gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and called Fallout: New Vegas “one of the best games of the year.”

All downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas will be available for download on Xbox LIVE® for 800 Microsoft Points, the PlayStation®Network for $9.99, and both Steam and Direct2Drive for $9.99.

Published by Bethesda Softworks and developed at Obsidian Entertainment, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, and Fallout: New Vegas have been rated M for Mature by the ESRB.  For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, including the game’s downloadable content, please visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #992 on: 03 May 2011, 07:42 »

whats SLCPD?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #993 on: 03 May 2011, 07:54 »

Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #994 on: 03 May 2011, 09:07 »

hey its a fantasy world it could have meant anything.  Like the NCRCF body armor

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #995 on: 03 May 2011, 09:31 »

Point still stands, Googling NCRCF also gives you the correct result.  :-P
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #996 on: 03 May 2011, 13:44 »

Stupid xbox point pricings, AUD had been better than the USD for ages now and we still get a raw deal ($9.20 extra for all). Might just wait until they're all collected and cheap on steam.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #997 on: 03 May 2011, 14:06 »

Oh also apparently GStaff (Bethsoft community manager dude) claims that each DLC will raise the level cap by 5.

*edit - Also there's apparently a new trait that will cap you at level 30. Not sure what the "upshot" is.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2011, 14:17 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #998 on: 03 May 2011, 14:59 »

Pro'lly just there for people worried about over-levelling. By lvl 50 you'll have most skills maxed out.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #999 on: 03 May 2011, 20:05 »

I can't think of anything that would make that cap worth it, so it has to just be a sort of difficulty setting or something for flavor.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up