THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 in Music  (Read 387127 times)

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
Re: 2010 in Music
« Reply #1300 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:36 »

pffffffffffffft vampire weekend is #6
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1301 on: 17 Dec 2010, 05:58 »

Of course, Kanye will get #1 and the new Arcade Fire will be in the top 10 so who cares what they think anyway?

Yep.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #1302 on: 17 Dec 2010, 06:29 »

Damn, #11. So close!

Awful top 10 though, really. Halcyon Digest is easily the best album on there and even that's pretty darn good but not spectacular. Having that overwrought Joanna Newsom album or the painfully uninspired Vampire Weekend or the irritating James Blake who either hovers on the border of making bad club music or serves as Pitchfork's almost insulting and totally false feeling token nod to experimentalism depending on what you're listening to on the list all are not surprising but still disappointing and further proof of this taste maker having inexplicably no real taste. And come on people, that Kanye West album is good I'll admit and maybe I'm missing some fundamentally amazing thing about it but it's just another hyper-produced all-star-cast hip-hop album as far as I can tell.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1303 on: 17 Dec 2010, 07:44 »

Quote from: one of the lists from that link
I’m Having Fun Now by Jenny and Johnny

I totally forgot about this album, and from what I remember, it was really enjoyable.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1304 on: 17 Dec 2010, 08:31 »

The production on Kanye's new shit is always the best part, imo. That, and the guest appearances. Was the new LCD Soundsystem that good? lol. Either way, pretty bad list, but it's what I expected.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1305 on: 17 Dec 2010, 08:59 »

Man, I don't keep up with shit at all, but apparently The Meads of Asphodel put out a new album this year, 'The Murder of Jesus the Jew'. I've been pretty stoned everytime I listened to it so far but I think it's pretty good. They've got even MORE proggy passages and they've taken the histrionic spoken word parts up to another level. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THEEESSS...WHYYYYY..." "SO YOU WILL BECOME OUR GOD!" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1306 on: 17 Dec 2010, 13:30 »

Was the new LCD Soundsystem that good? lol.

Nope.

Also, Robyn and Caribou should have been higher

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1307 on: 17 Dec 2010, 13:57 »

The LCD Soundsystem album was an average LCD Soundsystem album, which in more general terms means it was fucking brilliant and several light years beyond most everything else.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1308 on: 17 Dec 2010, 15:12 »

Yeah, This Is Happening deserves the #1 spot in everybody's list imo. Just fucking superb.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1309 on: 17 Dec 2010, 15:55 »

I can only agree with The Monitor on that list.

Edit: well, I like This Is  Happening and Kanye's album as well. But Kanye's wouldn't be on the top 10 I think.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Retrospectre

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1310 on: 18 Dec 2010, 03:03 »

This Is Happening?
More like This Is Boring.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #1311 on: 18 Dec 2010, 06:24 »

More like You Are Boring.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1312 on: 18 Dec 2010, 15:14 »

James Murphy is really fucking good at writing songs, man

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy
« Reply #1313 on: 18 Dec 2010, 16:38 »

I mean fuck, if this isn't a great song I don't know what think.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2010, 23:22 by JimmyJazz »
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1314 on: 18 Dec 2010, 19:52 »

Really the only truly great song on the last record is "I Can Change" and most of the other ones are good (except for Drunk Girls that one is awful)

It is like, half as good as Sounds of Silver
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2010, 19:54 by KickThatBathProf »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1315 on: 18 Dec 2010, 20:03 »

This Is Happening did not continually and perfectly elucidate the inner turmoil of white middle-aged creative types everywhere.

It is for this reason that This Is Happening iss a disappointment.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #1316 on: 18 Dec 2010, 22:08 »

Hey, didn't Los Campesinos! release an album this year?  Because, I read the entire top fifty and I think someone forgot that Los Campesinos! released an album this year.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1317 on: 18 Dec 2010, 22:12 »

Really the only truly great song on the last record is "I Can Change" and most of the other ones are good (except for Drunk Girls that one is awful)

Everything about this is wrong except the part where "I Can Change" is the best song

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1318 on: 18 Dec 2010, 22:36 »

Hey, didn't Los Campesinos! release an album this year?  Because, I read the entire top fifty and I think someone forgot that Los Campesinos! released an album this year.
It was okay
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1319 on: 18 Dec 2010, 22:46 »

Everything about this is wrong except the part where "I Can Change" is the best song

Honestly, I don't think that's true, but it doesn't matter cause I'm not gonna change your mind

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1320 on: 19 Dec 2010, 00:19 »

Yeah that

and also This is Happening was very good
it's time to stop posting

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1321 on: 19 Dec 2010, 03:07 »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1322 on: 19 Dec 2010, 11:00 »

Last-minute blog year-end list trolling has turned up some real doozies, this changes everything:

The Ocean- Anthropocentric
The Sword- Warp Riders
Intronaut- Valley of Smoke
East of the Wall- Ressentiment
Shipping News- One Less Heartless to Fear

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1323 on: 19 Dec 2010, 11:02 »

This Is Happening did not continually and perfectly elucidate the inner turmoil of white middle-aged creative types everywhere.

yes yes how dare a white middle-aged guy write about what it is like to be a white middle-aged guy HOW DARE HE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1324 on: 19 Dec 2010, 11:17 »

Also Frank Turner released an EP a few weeks ago? AGHFFFF

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1325 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:21 »

yes yes how dare a white middle-aged guy write about what it is like to be a white middle-aged guy HOW DARE HE
sarcasim
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1326 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:48 »

Yeah, having a look at some (one) end of year lists:

Warpaint - The Fool
The Radio Dept - Clinging to a Scheme

really good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1327 on: 19 Dec 2010, 15:24 »

Here are my albums of the year.

10. The Internal Tulips - Mislead Into a Field by a Deformed Deer
While Mike Paradinas' tastes have brought his Planet Mu imprint more or less entirely into the realm of progressive-leaning bass music and (more recently) Chicago juke and footwork, he allows a few vestiges of the label's more adventurous and  noise/glitch/IDM past to remain. A collaboration between Lexaunculpt and Electric Company, who both released stuff in Mu's Venetian Snares-dominated heyday. Personally I find this music a lot more interesting than their former work - in place of nondescript glitch, Mislead Into a Field by a Deformed Deer features a lot of throwbacks to AM radio pop in Lexaunculpt's vocal harmonies, backed by lots of shiny electronic texture.

09. Gil Scott-Heron - I'm Still Here
I initially heard about this from a friend as "Gil Scott-Heron comes back, Scott Walker style", which blew my fucking mind (I was listening to the overlooked classic Bridges at the time), and while that didn't turn out to be exactly the case it was true in part - it wasn't so much a descent into avant-garde as a radical shift in sound that illustrated the journey Scott-Heron has taken. He's (mostly) no longer a soulful voice of conscience but a weathered elder statesman, with a new slur in his voice and a bluesman's gnarled croak. I wasn't as big a fan of the production as a lot of people were, and all in all I find myself listening to the snippets of conversation peppering the record (particularly those in the bonus disc that came with the vinyl version), but all the stories and the character in this album are enough to put it up here. I just hope he doesn't disappear again.

08. Demdike Stare - Liberation Through Hearing
When Peter Christopherson died, I listened to this album whilst going through my grief, and it helped quite a bit. I'd always been a much bigger fan of Coil's late-period run of drone-y/folk-y mysticism than its earlier, harsher music, and Demdike Stare looks to be, at least on some level, picking up that mantle. A lot of the songs here could have fit perfectly in the Equinox/Solstice series of Coil EPs (particularly "Regolith" and "The Stars Are Moving"). Top-shelf dark ambience. They're even named after a famous witch! I haven't had a chance to catch up with their other albums released this year (Voices of Dust arrived on vinyl just yesterday) but given the quality of this album I have high hopes.

07. Autechre - Oversteps
Despite my unabashed love for IDM, Autechre's shift in emphasis from hip hop/techno soundscapes to dense, glitchy procedural music was not something I took particularly well, and despite their run of records up through LP5 being some of my all-time favorites I didn't hold out much hope of their returning to that well again. So it was with no small amount of excitement that I heard Oversteps, which isn't just a return but an advancement of Autechre's sensibility, with songs like "known(1)" and "Treale" displaying a remarkable fusion of Autechre's IDM past with its more austere avant-garde leanings. I liked Move of Ten a little bit less, but it grows on me every time I hear it.

06. Black Math - Phantom Power
I only got this last week but it's making a huge, huge impression on me. Black Math are from Chicago and reside on the Permanent Records imprint, and on their latest LP they vacillate between the goth-glam disco of The Hundred in the Hands and a more pop-friendly version of Big Black. Considering I never really took to Steve Albini's lyrical provocations this is a very good thing for me. It's helped immensely by the lo-fi production (and I'm generally not enamored of lo-fi sound) and the "live" feel of the music.

05. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
On those occasions where I listen to non-electronic music I tend to gravitate towards bands that explore dark subject matter have and insane / troubled / magnetic frontmen, so I latched onto Deerhunter pretty quickly around Microcastle day. For Halcyon Digest they dial back the murk somewhat with the help of AnCo's Merriweather Post Pavilion producer (who makes himself most heard in the first few seconds of "Helicopter", the worst few seconds on the album even though it's a great song) and explore the sounds of psychedelic pop at the expense of some of the band's shoegaze-y leanings. A lot of people thought this was an unwelcome intrusion of Bradford Cox's Atlas Sound guise into his day job band, but I thought it worked pretty well as a different expression of the band's sensibility and a progression into brighter, more hopeful territory after the oppressive darkness of Microcastle, which wore me down (and entered my life at an unfortunate time) to such an extent that I can barely listen to it now. If they follow the example of "Coronado" and make an album in the vein of Lust For Life I will be a very happy boy (though that will probably never happen).

04. Forest Swords - Dagger Paths
I really have no idea how this act keeps getting referred to as playing some sort of variation on dubstep. I think Forest Swords fits more into the conversation about lo-fi bedroom producers, of which he is an exceptional specimen. Perfect use of reverb and delay, simple-but-effective drumming, and more Morricone-esque guitar than you can shake a stick at. There are quietly powerful moments peppered throughout every song. At this point in the list it really becomes a tie for the #1 spot, because this could easily make it to the top in a slightly leaner year. The cover of "If Your Girl" is easily the best song of the year.

03. Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky
Like a lot of people I was both perturbed and excited by the prospect of a new Swans record 14 years after the last one, minus Jarboe. We should have had more faith - Michael Gira is not one to half-ass this sort of thing, and on MFWGMUARTTS (longest title of the year?) he reminds us why he is considered by all the right people to the be father of post-metal. There's only the slightest bit of Gira's no wave / industrial past on this record (the siren guitar[?] that ushers in "No Words No Thoughts" and the epilogue to the awesomely named "You Fucking People Make Me Sick" are perhaps the only glimpses we get) but you definitely get a sense of Gira's continued fascination with the darker sides of folk music he's promoted as head of Young God over the last decade or so. Like #9, it's criminally short, but MFWGMUARTTS is great both in what it provides and what it promises for the future. I've got tickets to see them live in February, and while I'll never get to see them in their apparently soul-shattering prime I fully expect to have my mind blown.

02. Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
Based on all the hype surrounding this act I was expecting an Irish Boards of Canada, but while BoC is definitely embedded in Solar Bears' genome they set themselves well apart from that venerable group. Sharing an affinity for Morricone with #4 and a label with #10, the group is as New Age as it is IDM as it is post-rock as it is disco. It can get a little bit too chill-out at times, but it is impeccably produced throughout and possessed of more than a few really remarkable moments of beauty, and a singular focus and vision that's rare in a new act.

01. Nest - Retold
Definitely the best impulse purchase I made this year, Nest is a pair of Norwegian / UK producers,  Otto Totland (of Deaf Center) and Huw Roberts (who runs Nest's Serein imprint), who make cinematic ambient music. Perhaps it's just my peculiar taste but I just cannot get over how beautiful and evocative so much of this music is. It came at a perfect time, just as I received and was considerably disappointed by Eluvium's newest record. I made this album the custom soundtrack to my games of Fallout: New Vegas and it was damned perfect. I've also had some correspondence with the guys and they are as humble and generous as they are talented. Listen to it, maybe you'll like it as much as I do. If there's one album on this list that I could force people to buy, it'd be this one.

Didn't quite make it!
Starkey - Ear Drums and Black Holes
Nuearz - Face Lift
Lego - Hand Made
Lil B - Rain in England

Also... My five favorite Singles / EPs of the year!

05. Dexter - Not the Only Girl EP
2010 was, if nothing else, the year that I discovered a love for good House music, due almost entirely to Night Slugs and the Voyage Direct series overseen by Rush Hour. This was the first release in the latter series (they're up to three now, all excellent), a sleek euro-disco cut perfect for a night out. It was at this point that I admitted that yeah, a simple 4/4 beat might be just enough to make a great song.
(All sold out at boomkat :smithicide:)

04. Dextro - Zero Circle EP
Over the last few years I've become a voracious consumer of UK bass music but when I was growing up I listened to, breathed, slept and ate IDM of all sorts. The ponderous rate of output for most artists in the genre ('cept for good old Luke Vibert) drove me to greener pastures, but when something that's even vaguely braindance-y comes out I snap it up in a split second. This year I bought the Zero Circle EP on an impulse and as soon as I dropped the needle I was intoxicated by the melody and the drama of Dextro's clearly Campfire Headphase-indebted "Ring Cycle". The live version is even better! My only regret is that Alias didn't do much of anything with "The Pacifist", the slacker.
(All sold out at boomkat :smithicide:)

03. Keith Fullerton Whitman - Variations For Oud and Synthesizer
At first it was hard to believe that the avant-garde composer Keith Fullerton Whitman used to dispense with weird, sensational breakcore as Hrvatski back in the early aughts, but the more I listen to him (and I get anything I can from him) the more the Hrvatski alias seems to deviate from the "breakcore" moniker and become simpatico with his later, more esoteric works. Like a lot of stuff that KFW releases these days, Variations For Oud and Synthesizer is archival, but it's a bit of a departure from his other stuff in that it's anchored by an acoustic instrument (the Egyptian oud) and thus isn't as "procedural" or academic in nature. It recalls, to my mind, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, Mark Morgan's original soundtrack for Fallout, and Coil's experiments in neo-folk all at once. But it is at the same time thoroughly and unmistakably KFW's baby.

02. EOD - Utrecht
Found about this one through SA, as it was made by a goon! Truly, truly excellent acid techno classicism, like vintage Warp. Every track here is pretty damned awesome, at least if you love IDM as much as I do, from the warmly oscillating pads of the title track to the harder AFXian acid of "Flab", there isn't a single ounce of fat here. It's just about pitch-perfect.

01. Ramadanman - Glut / Tempest
"Glut" was Ramadanman's breakthrough single for me, the one that really made me take notice of him and the first (and best) to really signify his signature tight juke programming and devastating chord drops. It's kind of sitting in for Ramadanman's considerable output in singles this year as a whole (the format definitely suits him, I think). Still, those fucking chords just get me every time I listen to that song.

Huh, that turned out longer than I thought it would! As an added bonus, here are the artists that made me, temporarily, hate sound and music in all its forms:
Shpongle
Bassnectar
Skrillex
Salem
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1328 on: 19 Dec 2010, 15:34 »

KvP: Overthinkin' till the end of days
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1329 on: 19 Dec 2010, 15:50 »

Parts of the post I heartily approve of:

Huh, that turned out longer than I thought it would! As an added bonus, here are the artists that made me, temporarily, hate sound and music in all its forms:
Shpongle
Bassnectar
Skrillex
Salem

Parts of the post I didn't even understand:

The rest

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #1330 on: 19 Dec 2010, 21:14 »

Salem

Appropriating "O Holy Night" for the title track of your album: ingeniously lazy songwriting, or brilliantly lazy songwriting?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1331 on: 19 Dec 2010, 21:29 »

So I don't know if anyone's into this sort of stuff but this East of the Wall record Ressentiment is fuckin' bangin'. I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere except for Metalsucks so I'm not sure if they're even on anyone else's radar, but this is some nice shit. A perfect balance of weedly-weedly, chugga chugga and twinkle twankle

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #1332 on: 19 Dec 2010, 21:32 »

Top 10
1. Heartland -- Owen Pallett
2. This is Happening -- LCD Soundsytem
3. Belmundo Regal -- Radio Radio
4. Les Chemins de Verre -- Karkwa
5. TSOL -- Shad
6. Congratulations -- MGMT
7. Romance Is Boring -- Los Campesinos!
8. Plastic Beach -- Gorillaz
9. Special Affections -- Diamond Rings
10. Not Legendary -- Esther Wheaton

Good albums:
Contra -- Vampire Weekend (fuck you, i liked the album, okay?)
Requiem Pour Les Sourds -- Les Vulgaires Machins!
Dear God, I Hate Myself -- Xiu Xiu
those Privilege EPs -- Parenthetical Girls
Heart of My Own -- Basia Bulat
One Life Stand -- Hot Chip
High Violet -- The National
Swim -- Caribou

Quite alright:
...Are the Roaring Night -- The Besnard Lakes
Dog's Blood EP -- Alexisonfire
Belle & Sebastian Talk About Love -- Belle & Sebastian
False Priest -- Of Montreal
Champ -- Tokyo Police Club
Treats -- Sleigh Bells
Together -- The New Pornographers

Boorriiinngg:
Forgiveness Rock Record -- Boken Social Scene
Transference -- Spoon

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #1333 on: 20 Dec 2010, 00:34 »

mgmt suck, contra was terrible, you put fucking alexisonfire somewhere near a top 10 list of a year past 2002, and you called forgiveness rock record boring

fuck yr subjective music tastes
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1334 on: 20 Dec 2010, 00:36 »

the weird thing is a i liked contra a lot and didn't think congratulations was that bad either.

bss was kinda dull though.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1335 on: 20 Dec 2010, 00:49 »

Dude, Forgiveness Rock Record is straight-up snooze town. There is nothing to recommend that thing. Contra was OK too. I don't feel the need to listen to either ever again but at least Contra was fun for a little while.

To summarise: No fuck youuuuuu

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #1336 on: 20 Dec 2010, 01:39 »

oh fuck i forgot how good romance is boring is! it's like if twee music likes you, but also wants you to die
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1337 on: 20 Dec 2010, 01:44 »

So I don't know if anyone's into this sort of stuff but this East of the Wall record Ressentiment is fuckin' bangin'. I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere except for Metalsucks so I'm not sure if they're even on anyone else's radar, but this is some nice shit. A perfect balance of weedly-weedly, chugga chugga and twinkle twankle

.o/

I bought this a few days ago. So far it's pretty damn good!

However, the new DsO sits VERY comfortably on the top of my list.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #1338 on: 20 Dec 2010, 06:14 »

Dude, Forgiveness Rock Record is straight-up snooze town. There is nothing to recommend that thing. Contra was OK too. I don't feel the need to listen to either ever again but at least Contra was fun for a little while.

To summarise: No fuck youuuuuu

Everyone's giving shit to Vampire Weekend, is why the fuck you comment was added, really. I don't get the hype, but I dons't get the hate either. They are not the best band out there, but, man, they make fun music.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1339 on: 20 Dec 2010, 07:52 »

I for one enjoyed forgiveness rock record.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1340 on: 20 Dec 2010, 08:44 »

Also Frank Turner released an EP a few weeks ago? AGHFFFF

He did, it's rad, and you're so wrong about Forgiveness Rock Record.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #1341 on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:03 »

Not a single song on Contra intrigued me in the least (except for "Horchata" making me ask myself "what is this what's going on" and answer "oh right it's a Vampire Weekend album I'd much rather just listen to their self-titled again") but damn if "All to All" and "Art House Director" didn't have me jamming out for seven straight minutes.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #1342 on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:52 »

i mean you guys it's still not ironic to like vampire weekend yet

when it is you can rtfo to it or something

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #1343 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:06 »

Not a single song on Contra intrigued me in the least (except for "Horchata" making me ask myself "what is this what's going on" and answer "oh right it's a Vampire Weekend album I'd much rather just listen to their self-titled again") but damn if "All to All" and "Art House Director" didn't have me jamming out for seven straight minutes.

I'm with you, couldn't stand Contra but loved Forgiveness Rock Record.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1344 on: 20 Dec 2010, 13:28 »

Iblame Forgiveness Rock Record on the Tortoise guy. The production was way too tight and clean for my taste.

Plus Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning were the two least interesting members of BSS And now they are BSS. That is some dullness right there.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #1345 on: 20 Dec 2010, 14:48 »

it's kevin drew's fault

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #1346 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:42 »

i saw kevin drew live and now i feel like i know the guy, his stage presence is phenomenal

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1347 on: 20 Dec 2010, 15:52 »

amanda palmer is like that too

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #1348 on: 20 Dec 2010, 16:27 »

i saw kevin drew live and now i feel like i know the guy, his stage presence is phenomenal

sorry you spelled "shitty" wrong, he's not even in the top 5 bss members in terms of stage presence

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #1349 on: 20 Dec 2010, 16:36 »

brendan canning > kevin drew

SOURCE: something for all of us > spirit if

SOURCE: facts
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up