THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 22:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Jan 11 to Jan 15 2010  (Read 36471 times)

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: WCT Jan 11 to Jan 15 2010
« Reply #150 on: 17 Jan 2010, 11:44 »

Never saw it.  Never wanted to.

:mrgreen:

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #151 on: 17 Jan 2010, 16:26 »

I think the viewers of the movie was completed disconnected to the main characters, and the big actors in the film played forgettable characters, that it fell flat in an otherwise well written book. That it was only a third part of the book didn't help much.

westrim

« Reply #152 on: 17 Jan 2010, 23:09 »

We can hope that in the QCverse, Battlefield Earth never got made.

Battlefield Earth? I was talking about The Last King Of Scotland!  :evil:

Even better: never written.
Even betterer; never born. How different would, say, Tom Cruise be without Elrond L Ron Hubbard existing to create Scientology.

Never saw it.  Never wanted to.

I saw it, in a theater no less. I was 10 and naive, but that day was the day I became a misogynist. Well, that or I simply realized it was a very bad movie but it had no effect on my life. I did apologize to my dad a few years later, though.

I think the viewers of the movie was completed disconnected to the main characters, and the big actors in the film played forgettable characters, that it fell flat in an otherwise well written book. That it was only a third part of the book didn't help much.

*Backs away slowly*

thaX

• Plantmonster
« Reply #153 on: 18 Jan 2010, 18:27 »

*Backs away slowly*

Uhh... I mean.. Yeah, that movie sucked!!

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #154 on: 18 Jan 2010, 18:28 »

"Cashstigmatism?"

Ye gods.  Faye has been a bad influence on the girl.

westrim

« Reply #155 on: 19 Jan 2010, 18:17 »

*Backs away slowly*
Uhh... I mean.. Yeah, that movie sucked!!

Actually, it was the "well written book" part that made me wary. That and the grammar. I've read it too, out of curiosity when I found out there was a book a few years after the movie. The TV Tropes pages *curses and swears* of the book are pretty close to my opinion. Even at 13 the evil psychiatrist aliens and the Jew aliens were ludicrous to me. No wonder he had to start a religion to make cash.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #156 on: 19 Jan 2010, 22:08 »

Haven't read that LRH book, but I did read the first two hundred pages or so of Mission Earth: The Invader's Plan. Oy vey es mir, that I should have tried that. Better I should have attempted the script for Plan 9 from Outer Space. Assuming, of course, that there was a script.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #157 on: 20 Jan 2010, 04:27 »

There was, but I'm pretty sure it was on the back of a beer-soaked bar napkin. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up