THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's new album  (Read 3962 times)

BlakeJustBlake

• Furry furrier
  • I am not Michel Foucault
    • Facebook
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's new album
« on: 17 Jun 2011, 14:24 »

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are coming out with a new album. I'm pretty excited since they haven't done much in awhile. It sounds pretty different so far from what I can see of the teaser video, so I don't know what I"ll think overall. It doesn't have that much of the semi-lo-fi quality that the other ones had, and I could almost say it sounds like a completely different band.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's new album
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2011, 22:58 »

I'm very excited about this! Apparently most people I know don't agree with me, but CYHSY's s/t was one of those Big Moments in my musical life.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
    • I write about things like Steak & Wine Pairings
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2011, 20:45 »

I'm very excited about this! Apparently most people I know don't agree with me, but CYHSY's s/t was one of those Big Moments in my musical life.

Saw them "open" for The National at TT the Bear's in Sept '05. CYHSY's p4k 9.0 packed the house for them, and more than half the crowd left before The National came on. Real encores really don't happen anymore but The National played so hard that night that they got one and I had one of those "Big Moments" in my musical life.

Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2011, 01:37 »

Yeah, live they're absolute bollocks, but that doesn't mean that their s/t wasn't incredibly good.

Having said that, I just haven't been able to get into Hysterical at all.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up