THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Conversion nightmare!  (Read 2172 times)

Trillian

• Furry furrier
File Conversion nightmare!
« on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:24 »

Hello friendly computer forum.  I have a question for all of you. My roommate and I are trying to to convert image files into an epub format and have run into difficulties. I don't know if any of you know how to do this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. The problem that we are facing is this: A text document in epub will recalibrate to fit whatever reader you are using to view it, but an image file will not. We are trying to export image files into epub that we can view to readjust sizing to be viewable with something like Stanza (iPhone App). We have been using Adobe CS4 to export the files, the problem is we can't open the file in anything but the adobe reader. Do you know how we can get around this, or if there is a more effective method of exporting these files so that we can work with them?

Sorry if that is incoherent, or not really appropriate for this forum.  I am fairly desperate at this point, so I turn to you! My roommate is a comic book artist and he is trying to make his work more readily available from an increased number of sources. If you have any insight into our little problem, I would much appreciate it!  :-)
Quote from: zerodrone
When we form our cuddlecore band, can we be like The Kills and get as close to having sex onstage as legally possible?

Last.fm

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
Re: File Conversion nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2010, 23:11 »

Which program in CS4? Photoshop? Illustrator? CS4 is the name of the entire suite, but you work in one of the individual programs.

It sounds like you're ending up with a .pdf, which is read by the acrobat reader, but which is also supported by a lot of the e-book readers out there. It sounds like you want a more standard graphic file like .png or .jpg?

I have limited experience with the Adobe Suite, but I can tell that you probably need to supply more information for anybody to be able to point you in the right direction.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up