THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Image Finder  (Read 2837 times)

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
Duplicate Image Finder
« on: 20 Jan 2010, 12:32 »

So my cousin has been travelling through Asia for the past 6 months (India, China, Nepal, Vietnam, the Philippines, A couple others) and has been taking just...tons and tons and tons of pictures.  He decided to .rar them all up and send them to me.  There are thousands of pictures but one giant, giant problem.  Whatever he was doing with them resulted in the .rar having multiples of many of the images.  They're all named differently however.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs that find duplicate images that doesn't match the file names but scanned through the images themselves.  It would be really awesome and would save me hours and hours of going through all the pictures.  Thanks.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Duplicate Image Finder
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2010, 12:40 »

You could check their MD5 checksums, but I don't know of any way to do it for batch jobs.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2010, 01:19 »

Arrange them by size? If there's any kind of compression the file size will always be slightly different, the question is whether the file browser figure in hidden significant figures and if the files are complete duplicates or altered in some way to leave a different footprint.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2010, 09:17 »

...arrange them by date and time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up