THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 14:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drum machine software  (Read 2481 times)

nufan

• Curry sauce
Drum machine software
« on: 23 Jan 2010, 12:09 »

OK, so I have a lil' request. Basically, I love nothing more of an afternoon than to mess around with drum machines, particularly the step kind. The kind that are like Reason ReDrum and also here. I also today purchased a Behringer BCR, which is now my new favourite thing I own. In it there are 2 rows of 8 buttons, which I thought would be brilliant to use as step controllers for each drum but unfortunately this isn't possible to do using ReDrum. What I'm after is essentially shown in the first 30 seconds or so of this video, and would be amazing to do for live gigs and shit.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any drum machine programs that would let me do this? I give cookies to the best answers.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Drum machine software
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2010, 18:09 »

OK, so I have a lil' request. Basically, I love nothing more of an afternoon than to mess around with drum machines, particularly the step kind. The kind that are like Reason ReDrum and also here. I also today purchased a Behringer BCR, which is now my new favourite thing I own. In it there are 2 rows of 8 buttons, which I thought would be brilliant to use as step controllers for each drum but unfortunately this isn't possible to do using ReDrum. What I'm after is essentially shown in the first 30 seconds or so of this video, and would be amazing to do for live gigs and shit.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any drum machine programs that would let me do this? I give cookies to the best answers.

Fixed your links, and I'm afraid I've got no idea. You might be better off posting in a music production forum...
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

nufan

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:05 »

OK what the shit I can't seem to get urls right am i retarded or something.

Thanks, do you know any decent music production forums?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:48 »

What you need to do is get a VST plug-in that works as a MIDI controller. Shouldn't be too hard to find via google. ReDrum is a virtual step sequencer, not a controller. Also, what sort of cabling are you using? You might need specific drivers to get a MIDI/USB interface working properly.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

nufan

• Curry sauce
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:04 »

I have a MIDI/USB controller, which I was trying to link up to ReDrum and control the step sequence but it isn't possible, it isn't programmable so I was looking for some software with a similar setup that can be controlled in such a way (or to give up looking if it isn't possible). I can use the BCR to control mostly everything else in Reason, but this specific function would be dynamite.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2010, 11:32 »

OK what the shit I can't seem to get urls right am i retarded or something.

Thanks, do you know any decent music production forums?

Try facepunch
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr
Pages: [1]   Go Up