THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is awesome.  (Read 9485 times)

loco_banana

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Shakespeare meets Leatherface
    • Totally awesome
This is awesome.
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 07:39 »

"Life's a bitch, and if I meet her, I'ma tell her."

[00:53] dominik: so, here's to you
= he did a shot to me, and I to him. International Friendship +1

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: This is awesome.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 07:45 »

No Slim PS2 what a fucking failure
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 14:26 »

fucking MORANS
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2010, 14:34 »

Also, no Elite.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2010, 15:44 »

Raise a hand if you owned any of the systems in the top row.

*hand*

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2010, 16:00 »

Man, I'm not relevant until the 6th row with the Mega Drive.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2010, 16:17 »

I owned stuff in the first row!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2010, 17:52 »

I love how all the really old stuff looks so retro-scifi.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2010, 17:58 »

.............11th row.  N64.  I feel small and....why did Nintendo release an N64 Pikachu edition in 2003? That's after the Gamecube, is something not making sense or is that just me?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2010, 20:13 »

Yeah I'm sixth row as well, God I had forgotten what the original NES looked like, since ours broke like 8 years ago and we could only track down that mini nintendo-redux thingy, which I can't seem to find on the list.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2010, 20:17 »

.............11th row.  N64.  I feel small and....why did Nintendo release an N64 Pikachu edition in 2003? That's after the Gamecube, is something not making sense or is that just me?
AFAIK, consoles have a much longer lifespan in Japan. I think they were still making new SNES games until recently.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2010, 01:36 »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jan 2010, 04:22 »

I would be 5th or 6th row, but they don't have the the Sega SC3000H there for some reason.

I also had some kind of Tandy system before that, but I can't remember what it was called, and my mate had some kind of Colecovision/Intellivision system we could play really odd, fucked-up games on.

* aha, I see that they don't have the SC3000H because apparently it's the "computer" version of the SG-1000, released in '83.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jan 2010, 06:54 »

I'm third row, with this thing (or a close variant):

God knows why, it was apparently made five years before I was born.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010, 08:33 by a pack of wolves »
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jan 2010, 08:17 »

Third row... from the bottom. I've played on some consoles on there, but the GBA is the only one I've ever owned. Two of them, in fact, but then one got stolen.

Hey, thanks for making me feel less old.  :laugh:
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jan 2010, 13:19 »

I begin with N64. I feel so ashamed.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jan 2010, 14:50 »

I began with the Dreamcast in college and worked my way back.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jan 2010, 15:41 »

I'm a year or so older than the NES, and the US version was indeed my first console.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010, 15:51 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jan 2010, 16:04 »

I am 11 years younger than my first console, damn. Still in the loft I think, worked last time I played it, had that motorway racing game, table football, table tennis and some other shit.

I had rzone headgear, think that was after my ps1 but my fondest early childhood gaming was on a Commodore Amiga 4000.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jan 2010, 20:53 »

http://consollection.de/content/2.consoles/80.Game-Boy/gameboy_1.jpg

I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that I still have this. Doesn't work particularly well and it's probably dirtier than the one in the picture but I am still proud to say I have a large grey plastic brick that has 5 buttons, a d-pad and a b/w screen which runs on 4 AA batteries. If it worked properly I wouldn't give a shit about any other handheld console.
Still the best there is.

Then probably.... I dunno, skip 7 lines.

My brother used to have a NES, but that is probably long dead and recycled as part of someone's recycled plastic rubbish.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jan 2010, 21:53 »

Man, no way. Game Gear was hands down, easily the best hand held system of that time.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #21 on: 25 Jan 2010, 21:55 »

Pretty sure you are wrong here Emaline.
I used to have an original Gameboy too, I gave it to my exgirlfriend when we were together and she never returned it.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #22 on: 25 Jan 2010, 22:55 »

NES was my first system. Still have my N64 though, my brother is playing on it right now.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #23 on: 26 Jan 2010, 01:14 »

Man, I had both a game gear and a game boy, and the game gear took like, a half dozen batteries and you were lucky if that sucker gave you over 4 hours of play time. Plus, my speakers burned out in just over a month or so, which ended up being a recurring issue for those things. Most damning of all: No Tetris. I still have my original game boy and it works fine.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #24 on: 26 Jan 2010, 01:18 »

NES was my first system. Not too long ago I found it in a chest of drawers out in my mum's backyard. It had been out in the elements for about 7 years. Needless to say it doesn't work. I still have a working SNES and N64 though. Going to get my N64 back from my brother so I can replay Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask though I suspect it might be rather painful to play given how used to shiny graphics I am.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jan 2010, 01:20 »

Ganondorf is still a bitch to kill.

Mein Tumblr

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #26 on: 26 Jan 2010, 07:33 »

NES was my first system. Not too long ago I found it in a chest of drawers out in my mum's backyard. It had been out in the elements for about 7 years. Needless to say it doesn't work. I still have a working SNES and N64 though. Going to get my N64 back from my brother so I can replay Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask though I suspect it might be rather painful to play given how used to shiny graphics I am.

Oh it is painful. I dug out my N64 to play Banjo-Tooie (fuck, I love that game), and holy crap, my head was hurting for about 5 minutes. Then, you get used to it.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #27 on: 26 Jan 2010, 12:46 »

Game Gear was lightyears beyond Gameboy. The only thing Gameboy had to out do the Game Gear was the Nintendo backing. Game Gear had way better graphic, that were in color, btw. It also had a tv adapter, and fuck, yeah it took lots of batteries, but get an ac adapter for it! I had mine on rechargeables, and it lasted forever.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Game_Gear

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jan 2010, 14:38 »

Oh it is painful. I dug out my N64 to play Banjo-Tooie (fuck, I love that game), and holy crap, my head was hurting for about 5 minutes. Then, you get used to it.

I still have the first one.

Mein Tumblr

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #29 on: 26 Jan 2010, 15:44 »

when I was a kid, my best friend's mom had a gamegear and a shitload of games but she never let us play it except for once or twice.

we had gameboys and shit though so it was cool.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #30 on: 26 Jan 2010, 18:10 »

Pokemon was on Gameboy. Gameboy is superior.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #31 on: 26 Jan 2010, 18:45 »

Gameboy was in ...olive green, and black. Game Gear had graphics on par with ...fuck, I'm gonna say the ds here.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #32 on: 26 Jan 2010, 18:47 »

Game Boy had better games. When you say "Just had Nintendo's backing," one must realize that means Nintendo's stable of game designers as well as a number of exclusive 3rd party developers. Game gears were battery sucking bricks that came with World Series Baseball and/or Columns instead of Tetris. I had some affection in my heart for my old game gear, but that affection turned to ashes in my mouth as few genuinely good games came out for it plus the fact that my parents weren't about to buy me both systems AND pay for a dozen batteries every week. The Game Boy also had an AC adapter, so it swept the practicality awards.

Did I mention it had Metroid 2? It had Metroid 2. Meanwhile one of the best game gear games I can think of is the wildly overrated Earthworm Jim. Admittedly, I played the shit out of Battletoads though.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2010, 18:54 by Alex C »

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #33 on: 27 Jan 2010, 01:53 »

were battery sucking bricks

This probably applies to pretty much everything that ran on batteries back then

I actually resent opinions that Pokemon was what made Gameboy great, because the fact remained that Gameboy had a ton of games that made it worthwhile to play. While the core titles pushed it forward greatly, the fact that the greater majority of the games were either good or fun to laugh at makes it in my opinion better than the DS in this aspect, which to me nowadays banks on nothing more than its core Nintendo titles.

I'm obviously making an exaggeration, as there are plenty of non-Nintendo titles that are genuinely good (Bomberman stands out a bit in my mind, among a few others) but presently I'm not really seeing anything else worth buying aside from Mario, LoZ and Metroid.
(Also I want a Crash Team Racing sort of game on the DS. When that comes out I won't give a shit about Mario Kart at all)

The AC adapter on the GB is what saved my parents spending a week's salary per year buying 15-packs of alkaline batteries. I think at some point I'm going to trade in my old Gameboy for a discount on buying a new Gameboy at Gametraders.
I will buy that shit regardless of how expensive or how cheap it will be (I hope and think that it will most likely be cheaper). I will love it and cherish it as if it is 1989 and it still costs 80USD.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #34 on: 01 Feb 2010, 18:14 »

The game gear sucked 6 batteries dry at a time. The game boy took 4 batteries, but had 2 to 3 times the battery life. When you consider that the competition of the time often boiled down to the game gear and tiger handhelds, that's actually pretty damn good.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #35 on: 02 Feb 2010, 14:10 »

The Game Gear had an AC Adapter with it - it is how I managed to achieve 100% completion on the Sonic game for it - however it made the speakers make a hideous buzzing noise so you couldn't really play it plugged in if you wanted sound.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #36 on: 03 Feb 2010, 10:13 »

I really don't see why people always say  "BUT IT CAME WITH AN AC ADAPTER!!" This happened when I was a child too, and it ignores a couple of key points:

1. It's supposed to be bloody portable. My game boy was the only thing that kept me occupied on long road trips.

2. You can buy an ac adapter for the game boy. I don't really see much point in penalizing nintendo for not including one in the box when you could pick one up anywhere you could find game boys. It'd still be cheaper than a game gear.

ackblom12

« Reply #37 on: 03 Feb 2010, 10:46 »

Wait, people actually liked the Game Gear more than the Gameboy? I mean, if it was all you had or you just had a hard on for Sega I guess I can understand, but trying to make a rational argument concerning it? I didn't realize such madness occurred naturally in the wild.
Pages: [1]   Go Up