THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887731 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #200 on: 02 Feb 2010, 21:38 »

some things:
a) I am knitting again! I am wearing slippers and they are cozy and I am happy for them to be.
b) I am glad lunchbox is the 'owner' of this thread. (I love you at least a little bit ally. Come to Canada and I could be a good wife to you)
c) ATTENTION HALIFAX and TORONTO I just saw a band here called The Balconies. They are from Toronto and they rock pretty well. They play in your cities on the 6th and 10th, respectively, and I am not sure how early in the lineup they are playing (they headlined the tuesday night show here but they are openers for By Divine Right in Toronto and probably are opening in Halifax as well) but they are pretty swell. Maybe they will be some something in the future! I enjoyed them a whole bunch
d) My knees are bum. Man that is a sack of bums.
e) I'm not going to update my baking blog every-other-day anymore, it was good to have done it for a month (minus my trip away) but I think it is a bit much to do and sometimes I felt a little forced. I will try and update bi-daily but I don't want to make myself feel trapped.
f) FRUITKAT are you there I am updating my baking blog again you can read it if you want you bake really good right?
g) Man I did not think I would get all the way to G!
h) goodnight!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #201 on: 02 Feb 2010, 21:58 »

c) ATTENTION HALIFAX and TORONTO I just saw a band here called The Balconies. They are from Toronto and they rock pretty well. They play in your cities on the 6th and 10th, respectively, and I am not sure how early in the lineup they are playing (they headlined the tuesday night show here but they are openers for By Divine Right in Toronto and probably are opening in Halifax as well) but they are pretty swell. Maybe they will be some something in the future! I enjoyed them a whole bunch

Interesting sound.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #202 on: 03 Feb 2010, 01:52 »

Guys! I'm now nineteen!

I don't believe you, facebook didn't tell me (happy birthday!).
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #203 on: 03 Feb 2010, 02:40 »

I went over to my new friend's house, and the Cute Girl from the coffee shop was there. They work together and such. Problem is, I will likely be working over there pretty soon. The people there seem to really think I am pretty alright to hang around with, and she certainly didn't seem to be bothered by my presence.

Augh. I know the better choice is to go for the job, and that's the choice I'm making. As a result, though, I don't get to see what happens with the Cute Girl, and that reeeeeally bugs me.

Whatev, I kicked 2 people's asses at Super Smash Brothers (64) and tomorrow I am going to a movie and cocktails night at the same place I was tonight. In the morning, I've possibly got my second interview with the coffee shop (man they have a weird system), and if that goes well I'll have the third either later in the day or sometime this week. I am GONNA get this job!

May, I hope your birthday has been lovely! Because you are a lovely person!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #204 on: 03 Feb 2010, 03:40 »

You know Patrick, I was reading about your latest dilemma and I couldn't help but reflect that you seem to meet a lot of cute girls. Or maybe it's just that you write about them a lot in blog threads.

What I'm saying is that it's okay to just be friends with one of them for once instead of getting in a romantic/sexual tizz over them. Maybe this potential co-worker is the cutest girl you've ever laid eyes on, but if life has taught me anything it's that each crush/lust episode seems like the most momentous crush/lust episode of your entire life, the one that cannnot and will not ever be topped, only for about as long as it takes for the next one to come around. Let it go.

Also for your reading pleasure please imagine this advice being spoken to you by a baby elephant which you are seeing in a psychotropic haze.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #205 on: 03 Feb 2010, 04:37 »

I got an ant farm today, it was entertaining to assemble.

However, I was not able to find sufficient ants to populate it.

Tomorrow, I set traps!
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #206 on: 03 Feb 2010, 05:56 »

I fucking love that post. I think we should have a whole thread of just

I got a _________ today!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find ___________.

Tomorrow, I set traps!

Someone get on that, I gotta go to work.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #207 on: 03 Feb 2010, 07:15 »

El Blog Thread,

I went to school at 7:30 today while it usually starts at 9:30. Why? That is a good question blog thread.
Because for my English class, I am supposed to put on a Shakespeare play. Not alone though, we are in teams ranging from 3 to 5 persons. Anyways, I went to school at 7:30 so I could meet up with my team,  and there are no lights in the whole school. I go to my locker without visual aid and put my stuff in it, and see the members of my team decapitated in the main hall. We practiced a bit of our play and we elearn that there is no electricity at school and tha there are calling the School Board if we can cancel the classes today. So, we were in the dark from 7:30 to 9:25 (when people started coming in) when the principals tell everyone to go home. I go get my stuff and at 9:28, the lights go on. But everyone already went home, so no school today.

tl;dr: no school, because of no electricity.

Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #208 on: 03 Feb 2010, 07:21 »

yesterday i realized just how bad i am at accepting how terrible people can be.  when i meet legitmately awful people i am just completely unable to grasp how thoroughly shallow and self absorbed they are capable of being (maybe because their thought process is so radically different from mine?).  then when they treat me like shit i blame myself and i get pretty upset over it.  

my thought process goes something like 'i would never be mean to some one for no reason at all so i must have done something to upset them. whatever it was i still know i don't deserve to be treated like this.  but maybe if i am super nice and show that their bullshit doesn't get to me then their attitude will change."  but they never change.  they just end up thinking i am a person they can take advantage of. and then i get super frustrated and flustered and confused.

but now i've realized... fuck it.  sometimes people don't need a reason to be assholes.  sometimes they just ARE assholes.  and while i still am completely unable to understand it i think maybe accepting it will make it a lot easier to not let it get to me.  i'm not going to go out of my way to be nice to people who don't deserve it anymore.  it doesn't win anybody over, it just results in me feeling like shit & making them think they are more important than they actually are.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 07:23 by iamiam »
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #209 on: 03 Feb 2010, 07:44 »

Is there some sort of reversible castration operation we could perform on Patrick? I feel like this would make his life much simpler, and then in a couple years he can have his balls back and reflect on his voyage of personal and emotional discovery.

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #210 on: 03 Feb 2010, 09:54 »

Apparently I am now growing stubble daily.
FUCK that.
Fuck it ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A the ass.
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #211 on: 03 Feb 2010, 11:20 »

...if life has taught me anything it's that each crush/lust episode seems like the most momentous crush/lust episode of your entire life, the one that cannnot and will not ever be topped, only for about as long as it takes for the next one to come around. Let it go.

Thing is, it's not the most momentous thing to ever happen to me. It's just a slightly inconvenient fact of life that I can't pursue one interest because I have more important shit to do. But you and James have apparently pulled the exact opposite interpretation out of my post.

That having been clarified, James, your idea is fantastic. Hell I don't even mind if it is permanent. Be better that way, because I could be the self-centered bastard I've always wanted to be, and not have to worry about kids or any such bullshit.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #212 on: 03 Feb 2010, 12:50 »

I got an ant farm today, it was entertaining to assemble.

However, I was not able to find sufficient ants to populate it.

Tomorrow, I set traps!

I thought you sent away for them?

Patrick, I am with James and Inlander. Dude, just cool off your hormones for a bit! Just stop thinking about ladies all the damn time. Seriously. You have all the time in the world to reproduce, and to practice reproducing. So cool your jets! I know you are saying you're just upset about the inconvenience, but dude, you don't even need to worry about that shit. Don't dwell on it! Don't even think about it! Just worry about important things right now. Getting a job, getting paid, getting your shit sorted. That way, when the time comes, you will be ready and not so god damn co-dependent. Live your life for yourself for once!

Anyway, I'm freaking out that I am not going to be able to get a job because I don't have any interview clothes, or any nice clothes to wear to work once I get a job because I went from being in the public eye often, to working in a warehouse and not caring about my clothes. And now I'm freaking out that A) I will not be able to afford clothes(I'm getting $128 a week unemployment) and b)that I will not find clothes because nothing seems to carry my size! Panic attacks, ahoy!

I also can't sleep, and when I do I have dreams about zombies, or marrying my boyfriend and then something goes horribly wrong. Last nights dreams were: Escaping zombies, but somehow they knew how to use chainsaws to cut apart our barricade, so we were fucked(and somehow zombies are always kinda smart in my dreams. I had one previously where one zombie wouldn't attack us if we had on clown make up, or masks, because he was also a clown.) The other dream involved a music festival, my boyfriend proposing to me, and when I said yes, I found out he didn't have his original soul anymore, and it was inside a mouse, but he could never be himself again. wtf.

But yeah, I've got 20 job applications to fill out and a resume to fix and I need to come up with more than two people to be my references.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #213 on: 03 Feb 2010, 13:08 »

I, along with friends, got a referral for discreetly giving the photographer, for the Drama Club yearbook photo, the finger today!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find sufficient excuses to get out of it.

Tomorrow, I set traps!

Zingoleb

« Reply #214 on: 03 Feb 2010, 13:36 »

Blog thread,

I got so bored last night I decided to shave all my body hair off.

How do you get to the backs of your thighs? I don't seem to be quite flexible enough and sitting is kind of uncomfortable now.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #215 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:13 »

Um, standing and leaning backwards a little so you can see, sitting and bending this way and that so you can see, or doing it by touch either sitting or standing.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #216 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:28 »

Zingoleb,

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU.  :x

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #217 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:42 »

Okay so, my mom called today.

"Hi, do you want to come to your cousins birthday party on friday? Your aunt just called and invited us."
"Yeah sure, I'll come!"
"Oh and by the way, you know she's not well right? Your aunt I mean."
"Well yeah, I know they found out she had cancer last year, but dad told me they discovered it at a very early stage and that she'd make a 100% recovery. I saw her at the Christmas party and you can't even tell she's ever been ill, so it's allright."
"Um about that... they discovered that it had spread a lot, so she's already had a breast removed and she's currently undergoing chemo, all of her hair is gone and she's pretty weak at the moment."
"What?! But... she'll be fine right? I mean, they discovered it at an early stage and all, she has to be fine!"
"She says she'll be fine, but you know... you can never know. I know her, she's always been realistic about things, so if she says it'll be fine, it'll be fine."

... What the fuck! Kinda worried right now  :-(
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #218 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:36 »

I stressed myself out so much that I needed to do something. So I started cleaning/organizing our bookshelf. We've got enough Dune books to make a decent size Frank Herbert library, also one first edition copy of Dune. And a number of books on Perl. As well as lots of poetry. What I am saying is, my boyfriend and I are nerds.

Also a decent amount of graphic novels.

Basically, if we sold off all our nerd crap, we could make a pretty large chunk of money.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 16:39 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #219 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:52 »

You looking to sell those graphic novels? which ones do you have?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #220 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:56 »

A lot of batman, and then a few offbeat ones, like Black Hole. But I love them too much to ever get ride of them, sorry.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #221 on: 03 Feb 2010, 17:08 »

Its ok :) I only like non-super hero ones like Y the last man and 100 bullets.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #222 on: 03 Feb 2010, 17:28 »

There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #223 on: 03 Feb 2010, 20:53 »

HELP

I have until February 7 to decide this.
My senior prom (it's fun i guess but honestly who gives a shit) and Broken Social Scene playing at the Fillmore in SF are on the same night.
Crappy dancing for four hours with people I'm not going to see again, or being destroyed by fifteen people playing new material in the fucking Fillmore in one of the coolest cities ever?

What to doooooo.
it's time to stop posting

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #224 on: 03 Feb 2010, 20:55 »

The only fun part of prom is wearing a pretty dress and getting other people to make you fancied up. SO get a prom dress, do the whole makeup+hair thing and go like that to BSS. You get the best of both worlds.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #225 on: 03 Feb 2010, 21:27 »

Brittany that is The Best Idea.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #226 on: 03 Feb 2010, 21:52 »

I agree.

Blog Thread,
Today I got new clothes. My boyfriend bought them from me because he is the bestest and I was super mopeys about not being able to find good clothes. He even bought me shoes! I am so excited! Everything looks super great and he is the bestest ever and ever!

Also, I currently have a chicken and feta cheese pizza in the oven and it smells delicious!

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #227 on: 03 Feb 2010, 22:18 »

Broken Social Scene, PLAYING at your prom.

Seriously though BSS. Take some friends and dress up in prom gear. Make it happen.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #228 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:22 »

(a bunch of words)

Guys I think you are taking my stupid crushes way too seriously, I already said I'm not gonna chase after her. esiorgjsoeirmes you guys should probably read more than one single line out of my posts if you're gonna be critical of my shit

Dear blag,

Logan lent me his longboard so that I can practice on it (and have reliable and practical transportation!) so that I will be ready when my own deck arrives with the rest of my shit. It should be here soon, because I got the first box out of all the stuff I've shipped! I'm pretty happy, that means that the rest of my shit will hopefully be on my doorstep soon!

Also, my buddy/first interviewer with the coffee shop told me to go down to the shop today and pester my next interviewer. I talked to the guy and he and I set up an appointment for 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon! I'm pretty excited, and not really all that worried. He seemed like a cool dude. If I can maintain a professional attitude (sup that shouldn't be so hard) and give the guy the impression that I'm not socially awkward, I am pretty sure I'll be able to get through to the third interview.

I'm a little bothered that the bloody shop makes you go through three interviews before actually making a decision but holy balls what a good thing it'd be to actually have a job that I will probably really enjoy.

Love,
Me!

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #229 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:24 »

get a prom dress, do the whole makeup+hair thing and go like that to BSS. You get the best of both worlds.

Do this. I did a similar thing except it was to a punk show and the result was hilarity and awesomeness.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #230 on: 04 Feb 2010, 01:21 »

Speaking of job interviews I intervewed for my college's telephone campaign on Tuesday; it's for two weeks and pays really well, plus I get to stay in college and do some work in peace during the day and then work in the evenings. I think the interview went brilliantly but there were a lot of applicants and only twelve places so we'll have to see. I should hear back some time today!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #231 on: 04 Feb 2010, 01:27 »

Yeah definitely broken social scene.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #232 on: 04 Feb 2010, 04:45 »

Guys! I'm now nineteen!
Oh hey, we share a birthday!
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #233 on: 04 Feb 2010, 05:13 »

Hey man cut it out

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #234 on: 04 Feb 2010, 05:46 »

Awesome, shared birthday! o/

Guys, it occurs to me rather belatedly that I'm not really very inclined towards actually studying. I'm not sure I'm necessarily in the right place.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #235 on: 04 Feb 2010, 07:40 »

Hey, guys, guess who has a bunch of blood in her hair and on her scalp, and isn't allowed to wash her hair in six days, but has to go to school tomorrow, on Monday, on Tuesday and on Wednesday.

This should be fun.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #236 on: 04 Feb 2010, 07:56 »

Dude. What?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #237 on: 04 Feb 2010, 07:56 »

C... Carrie?

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #238 on: 04 Feb 2010, 08:06 »

Had a tiny mole on my scalp, and had it removed. The doctor was like "Oh… You're bleeding a lot.", and then later on, when she put a piece of band aid on it (on hair, really), she went "Wow, you're really bleeding a lot more than people usually do." The whole thing made me a bit worried, she was all "Wow, the suture broke. That usually never happens.", and had to stop to put in more anaesthetic, and even said that some hair got stuck in the suture :/ I still haven't dared to take the band aid off my hair to look at the stitches and the bald spot I'll have since she cut off what looked like a lot of hair, but my hair is bloody and my scalp is red.

Originally she didn't want me to wash it for 8-9 days, but cut it down to 6 when I think I gave her a shocked look. Pretty sure I'll try to clean some of it with a wash cloth before that, though.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #239 on: 04 Feb 2010, 08:13 »

You totally should have shaved your head before you went, you missed your chance.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #240 on: 04 Feb 2010, 10:16 »

Hey guys, today I tweeted at Sloan to tell them to come and tour the UK, and they tweeted back!

The tweet was something along the lines of "unless you can pay us 200,000 dollars to come there it doesn't look likely cause it's too expensive" which kinda sucks but yeah. That's my exciting news of the day.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #241 on: 04 Feb 2010, 12:31 »

I haven't posted in forever. University has turned out to be one hell of a learning experience. I have had two bad roommates so far, but today a stroke of good luck. I was reassigned to a single room in my dorm. I won't need earplugs to sleep anymore and am feeling much better now. I wonder what I missed here.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #242 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:09 »

Dear Blog Thread,

My friend has been whining on facebook all week that someone needs to go get sushi with me. Today she posted in my wall that I need to come get sushi with her. She lives a two hour, $6 bus ride away. Before my unemployment kicks in, I've got $4 to my name. So I reply that unless she is paying for everything it's not gonna happen. And now she is all pissed off! Did she miss the fact that I am unemployed, and have been for like a month now? Grrrrr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #243 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:28 »

Y'know, you could always just remind her of that. It's kinda self-centered to assume everyone is keeping close tabs on your financial situation. There's a good chance she just forgot and will be apologetic about being insensitive when you remind her.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #244 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:34 »

This is one of those things where you need to keep their intentions in mind. Perhaps they were being insensitive, but it was motivated by wanting to have sushi with friends. That's not so bad.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #245 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:54 »

Hey guys, today I tweeted at Sloan to tell them to come and tour the UK, and they tweeted back!

The tweet was something along the lines of "unless you can pay us 200,000 dollars to come there it doesn't look likely cause it's too expensive" which kinda sucks but yeah. That's my exciting news of the day.

Man now I feel bad that they're going to be within palpable distance of me come the 19th. I will not miss Sloan for the fucking world.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #246 on: 04 Feb 2010, 14:56 »

Guess who is gonna have some steak while he watches Enter The Dragon.
This guy right here.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #247 on: 04 Feb 2010, 15:17 »

Y'know, you could always just remind her of that. It's kinda self-centered to assume everyone is keeping close tabs on your financial situation. There's a good chance she just forgot and will be apologetic about being insensitive when you remind her.

This is one of those things where you need to keep their intentions in mind. Perhaps they were being insensitive, but it was motivated by wanting to have sushi with friends. That's not so bad.

Well, I kind of feel like she should remember, or at least attempt to keep up. Basically, I feel like I am her go to friend for when no one else wants to do anything with her. She pretends that we have this great relationship, yet does nothing to try to keep it up. She has been posting on facebook all week about how someone needs to go get sushi with her, and I guess since no one has responded she wants me to. I would have maybe considered it if A) she didn't act like my boyfriend was not up to snuff because she thinks people should only date skinny Asian guys, and my boyfriend is neither of those, so she wouldn't even come over here for forever, and b)if she would have actually just asked. If she would have said "Hey, do you wanna go get sushi some time?" I would have maybe been down. I could have come up with better solutions. Instead of going to some lame over priced sushi place in the town she lives in, she could have came out here and gone to a real sushi place. But no, she demanded that I go get sushi with her. Which is kinda bitchy. And I wasn't getting bitchy with her until she got all pissy with me. She got pissed off when I said she'd have to pay, and changed her status to "what the hell."

Besides, if she was half as good of a friend as she claims to be, she would have remembered that I don't even like sushi! I feel like she is failing at being a friend and not even considering my feelings.

tl;dr

Facebook drama!

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #248 on: 04 Feb 2010, 15:43 »

Today I made an important step towards being a real person. Instead of merely holding in my brain the notions of how to cook food, I actually cooked myself some fucking food. Which really, I should have been doing the last week, since I am the source of all my meals. But up till now I've been eating cereal and sandwiches and just drinking a bunch of tea. I also finally got skype, although I haven't actually used that yet.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #249 on: 04 Feb 2010, 15:59 »

Blog thread:

Today my 2010 appraisal for my house arrived.  It is apparently worth $47k less now than what I paid for it.  *sigh*

I guess I'll be here for awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 81   Go Up