THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887693 times)

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:39 »

Guys, we need a Blog Thread. I enjoy the Blog Thread! I love to know what you guys are all doing and it’s good to have such a big support network of awesome people.

Lately, however, the Blog Thread has turned sour. And at over 200 pages, I think maybe it is time to start afresh. I hope you agree.

How is stuff, everyone?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:42 »

I am becoming a radio personality
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:44 »

I just found out that apparently Japanese mayo is really hard to find in Australia, something to do with how it has too high a ratio of eggs? This sucks because I totally have a crush on Japanese mayo. Fuck Australia has some weird laws.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:45 »

Make it yourself! Mayo isn't too terribly hard to make, I'd think there should be a pretty easy recipe online.

Edit!: According to the googles, and yahoo answers, it's just Sriracha and regular mayo mixed together! Super easy!

2 Edit!: I also just found this super helpful site! http://www.justhungry.com/2006/02/basics_mayonnai.html
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2010, 22:00 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:54 »

I hope you agree.

do.ob (thumbs up)

My TV Production class is creating a real game show with (not so) fabulous prizes, and the 5 episodes we tape will be shown on cable. In the meantime, my access cable music show tapes its 5th episode on Monday. Life is good.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2010, 21:55 »

Everything is a bit crazy in my house at the moment because I’m a week away from moving. Being a week away from moving is the most frustrating thing ever. If I want something, maybe it is in a box. Maybe it is in its normal spot. Maybe it is somewhere else entirely. Maybe the cat has eaten it. I don’t know.
In any case I am trying to spend as much time away from home as I can. This will probably bite me in the arse come moving time but for now I am happy to sit at work and eat free peanut butter sandwiches, or scoff plain rice or sometimes scab dinner from my boyfriend.
Also one of my Favourite Forumites I Have Met ™ was so lovely and gave me a gift voucher he got from his Frequent Flier points! I am pretty darn stoked about this.  It is three weeks worth of groceries at least! Or maybe if I am lucky some new shelving for my new room. Or pot plants! POT PLANTS!*
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2010, 22:03 by Lunchbox »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:02 »

* I mean this sort

Not this sort

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:07 »

Hey fresh blog thread.

So the spring semester started up this week, that's going pretty decently. Going on my 2nd actual date with my girlfriend of like 2 months tomorrow night. See, she broke her ankle really horribly in early December and has barely been able to move/leave her house, so our movements have been severely limited. But she's slowly getting better, so yay, progress and hope and such.

Other than that, life continues to go on.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:09 »

Hi everyone. Tired. Might be helping out at my old school soon. Still unemployed, still not in school.
I don't think my meds work anymore. Might be my inherent stubbornness to be unhappy, but I just don't see much of a difference between when I take my medicine regularly and when I don't.
Mom dropped me off of her insurance, so I am currently without any. Which means that my meds will be something like $400 a month (I think).
I need to get a job.
Going to try and get into "Volunteers in Medicine" for financial aid.
Still in a state of stasis.
But I have two wonderful cats and a couple of friends and people that love me and a computer and internet buddies. And undoubtedly a plethora of various other things I should be / am grateful for that I can't think of now.
I need to look more at the positive side of things.

Good luck with the move, Lunchy!
Good luck with the mayo, Dovey!
Good luck on you date, Dazed, and I hope that your girlfriend's ankle heals completely and as fast as possible!
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:16 »

Miniatures hopefully getting shipped out to me soon. Really wanna paint. Currently listening to Andrew WK and about to pour myself my second rum and drpepper of the night. The soda is mostly for color.
Turns out I do like to drink, I just had to find my drink of choice.

Tomorrow I am gonna have to snowblow and shovel some more snow. This isn't really so bad.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:20 »

Haven't been to school in a couple weeks, I really should start bucking that trend. Also unemployment is not suiting me, my lack of beer money is frightening.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:32 »

I am super close to being able to send my Mum the first installment of money that I owe her. I owe $5000, and when I have $1000 in my savings account I will transfer $500. This makes me a little sad, because it has taken a fair while to get to $1000, and I can think of a heap of things that I could spend that money on. Like clothes, or dvds, or a shiny expensive camera.

Also, I have a large-ish rectangular pot that had basil, chives and parsley in it. They have all died, so I am trying to transplant some of the many succulents that are growing in other pots, but her are two Currawongs (birds, kind of a cross between a Magpie and a Crow) that are flying down onto out balcony and pecking at the dirt in the pot. They are spreading dirt everywhere, and not helping the succulents by pecking at them too. How am I supposed to keep them away from this pot? They left it alone when there were plants in there, but I can't keep them away long enough to let the succulents grow enough to deter them.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2010, 22:36 »

Wow, a first page post in the new blog thread! I feel important!

Anyways, I don't understand the stress everyone has over finals week. I know they're important, but really all you do is go to school, take some tests that contain information you usually already know, unless you forgot it/didn't learn it in the first place (I belong to the latter group) and then get to leave a little bit early. I like finals week! And my first one is history tomorrow, and it's cool cause my teacher said that since we're gonna finish it earlier than most classes and stuff, we don't even have to go to his class all week.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2010, 23:22 »

Hey new blog thread,

So I got this in an email from a student: "could you tell me one more time the way to write a meme and what you want on it?"

He meant "memo," but it's a delicious typo.  I'm super tempted to say, "Well, you've got a couple of options--there's 'i herd u liek,' and 'Imma let you finish, but...,' but really your best bet is probably to go with 'invizibul bike,' because of the higher nostalgia quotient."  Great idea, Y/Y?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2010, 23:26 »

most definitely YES!
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2010, 23:45 »

Should just say "if you're trying to write a meme, it just doesn't work."

Speaking of memos, this gives me an excuse to pull out of my archives a memo a friend sent to me from his job at PG&E (California power company) a few years back.

Compliance is an integral part of safety, the partnership and our business
basics--the foundation of our business. We should be proud of our longstanding
commitment to compliance. One of our objectives in 1997 is to stengthen that
longstanding commitment to full compliance. As part of the implementation of
the new CES Policy, I am issuing our T&CS Compliance Plan.

The T&CS Compliance Plan demonstrates our commitment to compliance and the
methods and activities used to ensure compliance. It also outlines everyone's
responsibilities for ensuring our work is performed in compliance with our
commitments. Also, it identifies corrective actions that we must act upon to
develop, implement, and maintain compliance.

Please review the Plan and take the appropriate implementing actions. With
your help, we will fortify our Compliance Program to prevent, detect and
correct noncompliances with CES commitments.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2010, 23:58 »

A solid point!

And a solid memo.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2010, 00:20 »

I'm realizing more and more that my philosophy professor has no business being a professor.  She teaches us one philosopher's opinion as fact and then then the next day teaches us someone else's philosophy as fact.  Never does she tell us which philosopher has which opinion so it's a matter of comparing our notes to the reading, which is difficult because she chose the essays that are meant to supplement the lectures and so trying to match them is irritating (they're also not in order).  One kid had a question about how long the essay should be and she said "well, that really depends.  It could really be anything, if your writing is really small then it won't be as long as if your writing is really big.  And also, you might say in 300 words what someone else says in two sentences."  I understand that that might be helpful, if say, you're writing for an english class.  Why not say something useful like "Anywhere from a page to three pages, you don't want to take too much time because you only have an hour."  My history teacher has the opposite problem, essays have to be 1500 words, you get 15% deducted for every 50 words over and under.  Ah, Highschool, it's funny how alien you seem to me now.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2010, 00:33 »

Um hello new blog thread i wish we get along.

Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

FIXDIX

• Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #19 on: 29 Jan 2010, 00:39 »

New Blog Thread,

Hello! I am stoned playing Mass Effect 2 and drinking locally brewed apple cider. Also I want to be best friends with Mordin.

Best thoughts and wishes always,

Stoned and drinking cider in the dark.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2010, 01:46 »

"well, that really depends.  It could really be anything, if your writing is really small then it won't be as long as if your writing is really big.  And also, you might say in 300 words what someone else says in two sentences."

I dunno man, that sounds like a fairly philosophy-like answer.

New blog thread, I am sooo incredibly tired, yet I am awake. Being tired after sleeping sucks.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2010, 02:03 »

Hey new blog thread,

So I got this in an email from a student: "could you tell me one more time the way to write a meme and what you want on it?"

He meant "memo," but it's a delicious typo.  I'm super tempted to say, "Well, you've got a couple of options--there's 'i herd u liek,' and 'Imma let you finish, but...,' but really your best bet is probably to go with 'invizibul bike,' because of the higher nostalgia quotient."  Great idea, Y/Y?
I am totally in favor of this. If your student gets it (Which he likely will) This will make his day for sure!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2010, 02:59 »

Why not say something useful like "Anywhere from a page to three pages, you don't want to take too much time because you only have an hour."

Because that's not actually useful. Since you say you have an hour and it's hand written then I'm assuming this is an exam, in which case you should be attempting to give the best answer you can in the time set. Focussing on length is counter-productive. They're quite right to point out that some people's handwriting is massive whereas others pack vast amounts of text into a small space, so the margins on number of pages they should suggest would have to be so enormous to be meaningless. Content is important not how many pages you took to say it, so if they were to tell you it should be at least two pages long someone who would otherwise have given a good concise answer will end up tripping themselves up by falsely thinking they had to pad to bring up the page count.

As for your history teacher, deductions for going outside the set word count are perfectly standard. I'm more used to encountering +/- 10% myself, but a 50 word margin on a 1500 word essay may be tight but not at all unreasonable.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 04:15 by a pack of wolves »
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2010, 04:03 »

Here's what I've been making this week:

75% HD:

Full HD:

Imperial-II Class Star Destroyer. 14,000 triangles. Game quality.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 05:09 by evilbobthebob »
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

CardinalFang

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jan 2010, 04:56 »

Hi New and Improved Blog Thread,

I've annoyed all my Facebook folk and most of the meebo-ites with my whinging about getting two of my wisdom teeth pulled and now it's your turn!
Going to the dentist is always stressful for me and I've heard enough horror stories about wisdom teeth extraction that it's a wonder I'm not hiding under my bed.
Well, trying to hide under my bed. There's really no way I would fit. I mean there's probably no more than 6 inches (Screw YOU metric system!) there and I am far thicker than that.
Anyway, I have a wonderful ability to come up with worse case scenarios which is what I've spent most of my drive time to and from work doing. I think I've got it out of my system now though. Thanks to the internet I've discovered that it's best to get your wisdom teeth out when you're young because you heal so much faster. I am not young. However there is a chance that I'll be able to Meebo whilst under the effects of various and sundry painkillers. That could be entertaining. Or pitiful. Or Both.
On an unrelated note we might get snow! Total snow accumulation of 8" to 12". I don't believe it. If it does happen then the dentist may not happen because we really don't know what to do with that much snow except panic.
Also it's Friday. Woo!

Thank you for your time.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #25 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:24 »

I thought the whole process of getting wisdom teeth out was far less painful and terrible than what was told me beforehand. Do not fear. Things will turn out way less awful than you imagine.

Hell, my dentist popped one out of my mouth using an old (sterilised) screwdriver. No pain, no fuss, no worries.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:27 »

I'm so glad I don't have any wisdom teeth, that sound painful :( good luck!

I'm sure you've all heard me go on about this play I have next week; we're hiring some of the smaller props from the university Drama Club, and we sent a list of what we needed a week ago. She gave us times to come and pick them up, the best of which was tonight between 5.30 and 6.30. I sent a text to confirm and she replied saying "can you come tomorrow afternoon instead?".

The answer is really no I can't, because tomorrow is our technical rehearsal and we need the props by 10am, but I feel really bad about having to be pushy with her. She did tell us this time specifically, so it's not really my fault. Also she asked what we needed again, although we'd already given her a list.

I just have a bad feeling that I won't be able to get the props in time and I'll just let everyone down by ruining the play :( Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys!

ETA: everything is fine again! The props girl just rang me and she will leave everything she can find for me to pick up later. I still need to find some books which look 17th century because they're in use, but other than that we're golden. Phew! Now time to do some actual work. Sometimes I forget I'm here to do a degree,
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 05:59 by Barmymoo »
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #27 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:23 »

blog thread, i had to have a cyst removed a couple days ago and now have eight stitches in my head! i have never had stitches before.

also tonight i will be going to a super fun theme party that i am very excited about! hopefully i won't get too drunk and make bad decisions because my ex will be there.

guys, i really like these forums! i have been lurking here for over 3 years now (weird) but it's kind of difficult to get out of lurking mode, i guess? i feel like i know a lot of you from reading your posts, but no one knows me because i don't post much at all. perhaps i will try to post more. or maybe even meebo. but maybe not.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #28 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:29 »

I went out to see a film tonight and at the cinema I think I saw the girl I met on the tram home from the Neko Case gig two weeks ago! (See Blog Thread II for details.) I'm pretty certain it was her, but I didn't talk to her because she was with friends and I didn't really want to bowl up while she was talking to them and say "excuse me, didn't I meet you on a tram two weeks ago?" But I did make Meaningful Eye Contact With Quizzical Slightly Confused Smile (patent pending), so hopefully she'll have recognised me. But the main thing is that (if it was her, and I'm about 95% sure it was) I go to that cinema all the time! And obviously she goes to it too! Which means I have a much better chance than I'd previously calculated of bumping into her again! Very exciting.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #29 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:37 »

Freshly baked blog thread,

I'm in trouble! I need to write statements for five different schools and send in portfolios everywhere and all schools are demanding different things so I'll need to draw more sketches, and I need to write my 10 page essay for my NYC subject within 10 days and I don't even know what I'll write about yet and i don't have the books because the prof said we had to choose our own books and we can't rely on the prof to choose our curriculum in each subject which makes no sense to me and in two weeks I leave for NYC and everything I need to write and draw has to be done by then and I'm going insane and why am I writing here and sorry for forgetting that punctuation exists this must be really annoying to read!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #30 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:53 »

I thought the whole process of getting wisdom teeth out was far less painful and terrible than what was told me beforehand. Do not fear. Things will turn out way less awful than you imagine.

Hell, my dentist popped one out of my mouth using an old (sterilised) screwdriver. No pain, no fuss, no worries.

Uh, not to be a downer here or anything, but if he did it that way, that's because you're one of the people for whom a simple extraction as opposed to a surgical extraction is possible, which usually means the teeth are relatively easy to access (hell, my uncle's an orthodontist and he'd probably question why they're even being removed in such a case). In my case, I have no idea what instruments they used. That's because they knocked me out and had to remove bone.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 06:55 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #31 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:05 »

... and was that a useful comment to make in the neighbourhood of someone who is a bit nervous about dental work?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #32 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:06 »

New blog thread! Let's not fuck it up this time, eh kids? Play nice.

Life has kind of gone to shit lately, but I've started seeing someone to talk about my problems so I don't bore you guys with them. I have been trying to do things that make me happy, and I have to tell you, I made some good choices this week. I think in that other thread I mentioned going to see Frank Turner on Tuesday. He was so good I went to see him again on Wednesday! During the show he said, "Does anyone want to come up and play harmonica for me?" and I shouted, "I do!"

Anyway here here is a video of my short harmonica lesson/banter and debut as harmonica-player with Frank Turner. Excuse my friend singing along drunkenly, and how terrible I look (this haircut is no one's friend).
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #33 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:06 »

Kris, I'm sorry. Art school does that to you. Best of luck!

Edit for multiple posts: Allison, that's super awesome!

Guys! I really need to do my taxes and I really need for Ohio to send me my "retirement" money from the job I worked at when I was in uni so I can buy a new laptop. My screen is full of little blue and red pixels and it's getting hard to read! Also I need to save money for PAX, which is not going to be easy, but I think I can do it. Also also I need make a decision as to whether or not I want to take one class in the spring or wait and go full time in the fall. (So I can get my teaching license and teach art to childrens.) If I take one class in the fall, I have to pay for it myself and sadly it's a graduate level course and would cost me $1400. Or I could wait until fall, apply for a program that's easy to get into that I have no intention of actually doing just so I can get scholarships and loans, and go full time. I just don't know if I can stand working at my current job until September and I'm reluctant to start a new job that I probably would have to leave at some point, unless I find some place with really flexible hours that pays as well as or better than my current job. I would gladly leave come April, but I don't think I can afford to pay for the classes I need to take out of pocket. BAH.

I think maybe I need to ask about a transfer to one of the other stores and consider asking one of the part time people if they'd like to work full time. I'd lose my heath insurance (but it's crap and doesn't cover my meds anyways), but I'd be able to find a second job and it'd get me away from downtown, which is pretty much all I want so I can stop being a mess and get on with my life.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #34 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:20 »

... and was that a useful comment to make in the neighbourhood of someone who is a bit nervous about dental work?

Considering that the prophylactic extraction of wisdom teeth is likely a bad idea and financially motivated? Yeah, I think so. Plus, I know of adults who have had the procedure done and didn't plan properly. Driving home while addled by painkillers isn't really the best move, but I know plenty of people who go do so anyway.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #35 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:23 »

I went to waterpolo practice after getting my teeth extracted (didn't have to remove my wisdom teeth though.) It was hilarious, I couldn't close my mouth while swimming.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #36 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:23 »

Yeah, regular extractions are pretty easy. A weird feeling, but easy.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #37 on: 29 Jan 2010, 07:36 »

Allison, that's super awesome!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #38 on: 29 Jan 2010, 08:16 »

Yeah, regular extractions are pretty easy. A weird feeling, but easy.

I think there's this youtube video about some kid that comes back from the dentist? I dunno, I hear it's kinda popular.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

syrupykeyboard

« Reply #39 on: 29 Jan 2010, 08:22 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs
And the dad even has a website;
http://www.davidafterdentist.com/

It's funny, but more than a bit exploitative and opportunistic?
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #40 on: 29 Jan 2010, 08:25 »

Sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who just doesn't find kids inherently funny.

syrupykeyboard

« Reply #41 on: 29 Jan 2010, 09:01 »

I don't. Usually I find them quite annoying. They tend to wear away at my nerves. But, this is funny! Because.... um because it is posted on youtube?
OK, so it is not that funny really.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #42 on: 29 Jan 2010, 09:10 »

How is stuff, everyone?

It's alright, Ally! I have a job interview with a pretty big insurance company next Wednesday about a sales position (hint: they have a duck).

I also did trivia this past Wednesday with some friends. We sucked, but it was a lot of fun and this really cute girl chatted me up because I was wearing my Amoeba Music t-shirt. In addition, I met another girl through a friend of a friend. I also saw her in a coffee shop yesterday and we talked for a few minutes. I maybe kinda have a thing for her. =/
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

CardinalFang

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jan 2010, 09:35 »

Thanks for the support!
I think I am older (46) than most people who get their wisdom teeth taken out. The reason is that x-rays showed decay in the lower left one and since it hasn't fully erupted they can't get to it to fix it. The top one on the left is coming out because it is longer than the rest of my teeth already and they said that without the lower one there's no need for and it may keep on going. At least I think that's what they said. I went into shock after hearing the words "wisdom", "tooth", and "removal". So I think the upper one should come out easy. The lower one will at least have some gum removed. I don't know if they'll have to remove bone. At least they are not seriously impacted. 
During the consultation, which took all of 10 minutes,the oral surgeon asked if I wanted them all taken out. I said no.
Much of my stress from the dentist comes from the fact that my gag reflex starts about in low earth orbit and I am rather emetophobic. Since I'll be knocked out that will hopefully not be a problem.
Did I mention that I'm a wimp when it comes to dentistry?

Allison! I'm glad you had such a great time at the concerts. That video is so good even with the drunk singing.

Linds! I hope Ohio gets your money to you.

Shane! Congratulations on all the cute girls around you now. Perhaps one of them won't be bat-shit insane. With your track record go for the one you DON'T have a thing for. Just sayin'

Mr Hocking! Just get married already!

Everyone else! Hi!

(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #44 on: 29 Jan 2010, 09:56 »

Mr Hocking! Just get married already!

I want to be married but I wish it weren't such a process to get married, does that make any sense?

syrupykeyboard

« Reply #45 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:27 »

I broke both bones in my right leg, right above the ankle, mid December of 08. They gave me Lortab pretty much as soon as I left the emergency room, and continuing after my surgery.
About a month after that incident, I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed. They put me under. Afterwards, they asked me if I wanted any painkillers, and I, like an idiot, told them I still had some left over from my leg stuff.
I would rather have another leg surgery than have my wisdom teeth pulled out again (not possible, but you get my point).
But in the end, I guess I am glad that they didn't renew my script any longer than they did. I was starting to use the stuff just because I had it and because it made me feel happy-fuzzy.
Anyway, all 4 teeth came out clean, didn't have to have any bone removed. I still have the teeth somewhere in my room, I've been entertaining the idea of putting them in a glass of soda and seeing how long it takes them to dissolve.
That or making a necklace.
Good luck, CardinalFang!
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 10:29 by syrupykeyboard »

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #46 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:54 »

What, are you making a necklace?

Anyway, the blog thread is dead. Long live the blog thread!

I have been playing in a band recently that I'm not 100% into. I am playing bass again and have no creative control. That bugs me. So, somehow, our violinist got us a "show" tonight.

The show is in a Hot Topic in one of the biggest malls in St. Louis. We are supposed to be there from 7:30 until 9:00. We only have a half hour's worth of music. Plus, we're required to play acoustic. I don't have an acoustic bass, so I wrote rhythm guitar parts and will be playing guitar tonight.

Bah. What I'm trying to say is that I was in a band I loved and now I'm not really.

P.S. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Keep your chins up!

P.P.S There is a puppy parade next weekend that starts literally out my front door. If anyone is in the south St. Louis area, we will be playing a drinking game to a parade of puppies.

Love and Bro-love,

Eli

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:56 »

Acoustic drone metal! That'll get you through two hours.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jan 2010, 10:58 »

Acoustic covers of Anal Cunt.

(seriously dogg it might do you a solid to get out of that band ASAP before they rope you in full-time into doing meh music)

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #49 on: 29 Jan 2010, 11:06 »

I agree, Christophe. Unfortunately, I am living in a city whose music scene is best described as "metal with a chance of covers."

There are a few decent venues, but I have trouble finding people who are available to start a project. Plus, I just moved here three months ago. Taking what I can get at the moment, I guess.

Surprised no one has commented on how a four-piece band trying to fit in a Hot Topic is going to be like a four-piece band trying to fit in a uterus.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 81   Go Up