THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887841 times)

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #100 on: 30 Jan 2010, 16:03 »

fuck that shit, i don't want to be blue, 4 metres tall and with a creepy tendril tipped tail.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #101 on: 30 Jan 2010, 17:00 »

I figured my day would be slightly more interesting in comic form.  Click for big.

nashvillewho

• Not quite a lurker
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:10 »

MTV's show MADE is coming to my high school. Interviews for potential candidates are next week, and I am thinking of going out for it. But there is nothing I really want to be MADE into I guess? That is where you, the internet, comes in. Tell me what to audition for! Love, Nelson

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #103 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:15 »

A totally punk rock star!

ETA: Looking around the interwebs, I found these "not quite 55 word stories" I wrote a while back for a thread on here. I had reposted them elsewhere and completely forgot about them. Re-reading them though, I'm still impressed, and pretty proud of them. And they are:

And he said, "I won't be offended if you do." That's when I hung up. I didn't need his permission. Sure, we slept together, but that was it. He didn't own me. I could sleep with other people. That morning he called. "Did you do it? Are you ok? Do you want to see me?" It was one word. All strung together. There weren't pauses in his speech. I hung up, and rolled over. There in my bed lay the problem. I shook him awake, and asked him to leave. He moved to kiss me, but I pushed him away. Not another one.
------------------------------

"Please don't call me that."
"What?"
"That name. Please don't call me that."
Claire. Claire. Claire. Her name is Claire. She has short brown hair, and glasses just like Emily. Whenever we have sex, I always call her Emily. I know she's dead. I can't help it that Claire looks just like her when she comes. I wish she'd play along.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 19:20 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #104 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:20 »

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

nashvillewho

• Not quite a lurker
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:23 »

?

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #106 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:23 »

Wicked was great.
Our van smelled like feet though.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #107 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:27 »

I was thinking something more along the lines of

or

That way you could be totally punk rock.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #108 on: 30 Jan 2010, 19:28 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #109 on: 30 Jan 2010, 20:49 »

But what if there's a sudden gust of wind?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #110 on: 30 Jan 2010, 20:53 »

You hear someone whistling a B flat.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #111 on: 30 Jan 2010, 22:00 »

Did someone say totally punk rock

[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #112 on: 30 Jan 2010, 22:01 »

Ahhhhhhh!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #113 on: 30 Jan 2010, 22:06 »

Vicious.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #114 on: 30 Jan 2010, 22:58 »

If you are at all bright, you will not look at her funny!

Guys, I got bored again. I was feeling indecisive. I decided to record Dear Prudence by the Beatles and Have You Ever Seen The Rain? by CCR.

Stupidly, though, I juiced the master volume too much when I made the master for "Dear Prudence", and on "Have You Ever blah blah" my levels are a little off. And I'm not entirely satisfied with the doubled lead vocals on "Prudence". And I'm sure as hell not satisfied with the vocal performance on "Have You rgiosjeormg".

Oh and I aced the shitfuck out of my interview today. My interviewer and I were having a good old time, and because of the fact that I never shut up, I answered more than one question at once that he was supposed to be asking. I guess that's a good thing, because it shows that I know what people are looking for. Or something. 2 more supervisors wanna interview me before anybody makes a decision. If I do as well on the other two as I did on today's, I am fairly certain I will slay all opposition.

I am excitedddddddddd
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2010, 23:00 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #115 on: 31 Jan 2010, 00:19 »

Good luck on that Patrick!
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #116 on: 31 Jan 2010, 07:05 »

I just applied for one of my dream jobs: working for the Boston Red Sox.

The past 24 hours? THAT rad.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #117 on: 31 Jan 2010, 08:22 »

I often gag while brushing the back of my tongue, but this morning I actually vomited a little. ugh

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #118 on: 31 Jan 2010, 10:24 »

I just applied for one of my dream jobs: working for the Boston Red Sox.

The past 24 hours? THAT rad.

I tried hard to make a George Costanza joke here that would be funny but not too OMG-guys-I-watch-wayyy-too-much-Seinfeld, but I was ultimately unsuccessful.

Instead, I'll just say: good luck!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #119 on: 31 Jan 2010, 10:26 »

Don't worry, I won't make them wear cotton.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #120 on: 31 Jan 2010, 15:50 »

Ben got a phone call yesterday from his real estate agent letting him know that the owner wants to move back into this apartment. So we have two months (a good amount of notice, I will admit) to find a new place and move into it. This means we have to look for a place more urgently than we have been, and can't just wait until we find somewhere we love. Plus it means packing up and moving when we were thinking about how we could rearrange stuff to utilise the space here better. Annoying!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #121 on: 31 Jan 2010, 16:50 »

That happened to me at the last place I rented. The only difference is that the owner sold it, instead. So, we got 30 days to find a new place. Which, due to the new owners complaining, turned into 11 days. Cue all residents moving back in with our parents.

Good luck!

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #122 on: 31 Jan 2010, 16:58 »

Is that even legal?

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #123 on: 31 Jan 2010, 17:05 »

It was in our lease, though the house was financed, so technically our landlord wasn't supposed to have tenants. Very small town, though. Less than 3000 people. Laws are... lenient in such places.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #124 on: 31 Jan 2010, 17:49 »

I just found out that my landlord wants to show people my apartment on Thursday: two weeks before I am due to be out.
Guess who has to pack the illegally-kept cat up and move her to the new place this week? This means I will have to stay in the new house without any of my furniture! FUN

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #125 on: 31 Jan 2010, 18:12 »

Cue all forumites moving back in with our parents.

ftfy

Edit: Oh yeah, the dude who interviewed me? We're totally going to hang at his place tonight, gonna listen to his old '78s of Les Paul & Mary Ford. Fuck yessss

Edit Edit: anybody wanna buy me a 32GB SD card pretty pleeeeeeeeease I'll make you lots of pretty musics
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2010, 20:14 by Patrick »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #126 on: 31 Jan 2010, 20:40 »

Dear Blog Thread,

How do I convince my boyfriend to buy me this for Valentine's Day, instead of taking me out on some big expensive fancy dinner date?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #127 on: 31 Jan 2010, 20:43 »

Be honest and say "I don't want you to take me out on a big fancy dinner for valentine's day. If you want to get me something, then this ukulele is all I want. Please,"

I mean, you've probably said that to him, but if he still takes you out for a big dinner and doesn't get the ukulele after you have been upfront and honest then maybe that is an issue in that he isn't taking your feelings into consideration?
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #128 on: 31 Jan 2010, 20:44 »

Guess who can't move to her new place yet because the old owners have not moved out yet?
PANIC PANIC PANIC

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #129 on: 31 Jan 2010, 21:05 »

I am being launched into adulthood and it is uncomfortable. I've been really moody lately, noticing some regressive tendencies and moodswings, and I've been having some anxiety. My grandmother passed away recently, and it was unexpected and difficult to cope with, but it seems like that was just the beginning of a wave of shit that's about to hit me. I want to fill this post with long paragraphs full of things I'm feeling and what's going on in my life, but it would all be redundant and hard to follow and blagh blagh blagh. If this post doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry, I was on the verge of tears when I first starting writing it. I'm worried about my family, everybody is sick, my mom will probably lose her job, I'm about to start a psychostimulant trial for my difficulty performing in school and in life in general (a decision I made of my own volition, which is kinda funny remembering how I complained about it in the Discuss! thread less than a year ago), and I have been really just sort of worried that I'll wake up one morning and find someone I love dead or something.

tl;dr:  :|
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #130 on: 31 Jan 2010, 23:06 »

fuck that shit, i don't want to be blue, 4 metres tall and with a creepy tendril tipped tail.

Also I totally love sexin' things with my dong
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #131 on: 31 Jan 2010, 23:37 »

Thanks for the new sigquote Dovey.

To you Vendejvkajbaeljgalfjal, that sucks. It really really sucks, and you're right. It pretty much always does come at you all at once. I've been in a position similar to where you are, only I didn't deal with it very well and just drank a lot. A lot a lot. My panic attacks got worse and more frequent (when sober) and I ended up dropping out of school because of that. So you'd probably consider my case one of the worse case scenarios but really I have a pretty well paying job with lots of room for advancement. I have a lot of friends and some actual free time now. Maybe it's because of the time, or because of changes I made, but I no longer need the drugs I was taking. In my case, and it sounds like you are doing this too, not only was I taking on the stress that was directly on me, but also trying to take on everyone else's stress. Like I was the one who had to (or could) fix things. In my case really, it was the realization that I could only affect things so much, that certain things are going to happen and there's nothing I can do to stop them. And yes, they suck, but once I kind of gave in to that it's made things a whole lot easier. Sorry, I'm pretty sure bad grammar and typos abound in this here post.

(And: I'm obviously not the only one who this type of thing has happened to. Other happy stories is my almost-aunt who is now starting grad school after taking a couple years off (undergrad) when her mom died, and my bff finishing up his master's after having dropped out for about three years. Not saying you're gonna drop out, but if you do end up doing it, it's not as bad as you'd think)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #132 on: 01 Feb 2010, 01:56 »

Ben got a phone call yesterday from his real estate agent letting him know that the owner wants to move back into this apartment. So we have two months (a good amount of notice, I will admit) to find a new place and move into it. This means we have to look for a place more urgently than we have been, and can't just wait until we find somewhere we love. Plus it means packing up and moving when we were thinking about how we could rearrange stuff to utilise the space here better. Annoying!

I just found out that my landlord wants to show people my apartment on Thursday: two weeks before I am due to be out.
Guess who has to pack the illegally-kept cat up and move her to the new place this week? This means I will have to stay in the new house without any of my furniture! FUN

Argh I have an inspection on Wednesday so tomorrow the girl and I are cleaning out our apartment really nicely and moving the rats and the rabbit over to my brother's for the night because we're totally not meant to have pets. Also the sliding glass door onto the balconey totally has a massive crack in it and I'm worried the real estate agent is going to get all pissy about it and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it. Just gonna tell them we came home one day and it was broken, probably due to a combination of hot hot heat and strong strong winds (this is not implausible, we live on the top floor of an apartment block overlooking the harbour in Australia and it's summer). If they want us to we're ok to pay to fix it anyway.

We're also going to move in June when our lease is up. Thinking about raising our price range to $400 a week because man, the difference gets us some really nice looking apartments.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #133 on: 01 Feb 2010, 02:24 »

There is a place of Church St here (just past Camperdown Park) that so far looks like a pretty good size for us and is really close to work and actually has a courtyard and is on the ground floor and blblblblbl I want it. It's $430 a week which is a pretty good price for around here, but I guess I will have to look inside to see if there is anything terrible about it and try and be successful in applying.

Ben talked to the real estate people we are renting through at the moment, and they said they would give us a heads up if anything similar to this place comes up. Fingers crossed everything goes alright!
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #134 on: 01 Feb 2010, 06:43 »

my access cable music show tapes its 5th episode on Monday. Life is good.

Neat!  Are any of the episodes online?

I am into editing the third episode of my cable show.  I need to get the opening right still.

The plan is to get a month of episodes done and then put them on TV on Thursday, Friday and Sat at 11:30.  Then I will put them online.

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #135 on: 01 Feb 2010, 07:05 »

wow i guess we are all moving around here huh?

i am moving out TODAY omg i am so fucking excited except now i have to assemble all the IKEA furniture i have been hoarding which will probably be sort of a bitch but whatever my new apartment is so awesome and it has a fireplace & i love my roommate aka bestest friend to death and fuck proper sentence structure i just want to leave work and run straight to my new apartment RIGHT NOW!!!

(no i am not exaggerating my happiness.  being forced to live with your crazy parents for a year after already experiencing 3 years living alone in another country is pretty much the Worst Thing and i am so glad it is finally over)
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Yunior

• Furry furrier
« Reply #136 on: 01 Feb 2010, 09:18 »

A new blog thread for new dreams! So in my last blog post, in the old blog thread, I mentioned I've been thinking about transferring, or doing something, to move on from this university because I've been unhappy. So I am totally doing that! My mom was predictably good about it (she is an existentialist) and is okay with me coming back home. I'm sad about the sunk costs of moving cities to attend this school, and a lot of the things I've done to rearrange my life to make it work, but it's time to move on and grow, etc. etc. In the meantime, while I figure out where I want to transfer, I'm gonna take some community college classes and establish some much needed zen in my life.

Also you can barely tell I was in a car accident a little more than a week ago!
[02:00] Dollface: clara you are awesome
[02:00] clara: oh thanks dollface
[02:00] Dollface: whos awesome you are clara

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #137 on: 01 Feb 2010, 10:42 »

Totally went and chilled last night with the dude who interviewed me the other day. We played Mario Party 3 on his N64. It was insane, Game Guy came up and took all his coins (he had 96) and made him make a bet who could eat cake faster. If he won, he'd get 16x his coins. If he lost, he'd lose all his coins. Fucker totally won, maxed him out at 999 coins. Ridiculous.

Oh also I guess those songs that I recorded and posted earlier? Toooootally getting airplay in Buffalo, NY. I know a guy :B
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2010, 10:49 by Patrick »

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #138 on: 01 Feb 2010, 11:41 »

also read that post while looking at ray in my avatar

perfect synergy, dude. what'd you apply for?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #139 on: 01 Feb 2010, 11:43 »

What should I make for dinner tonight? Nacho, pizza or lasagna? The pizza would be a feta cheese chicken, on one half, and Italian sausage probably mozzarella on the other.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #140 on: 01 Feb 2010, 11:48 »

lasagna is played out, yo

nachos and/or pizza is my vote. ooh actually you should make nachopizza! i've never had it before it i might have just made it up but it sounds dank as shit.

fuck i'm hungry
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #141 on: 01 Feb 2010, 11:56 »

My boyfriend is super Italian and had been begging me to make him lasagna since we started dating, though.

Basically, I wanna use this spinach and feta cheese before they go bad. And we had nachos not that long ago. But man they were delicious.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #142 on: 01 Feb 2010, 12:05 »

Do Lasagna. Make the boyfriend happy. You will most likely be rewarded.

Plus, deep fry some lasagna. I hear it is the best, if you can stand the thought of deep-fried cheese.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #143 on: 01 Feb 2010, 12:09 »

I can stand the thought of deep fried cheese, but how does one deep fry lasagna?

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #144 on: 01 Feb 2010, 12:38 »

I want to know more about this deep-fried lasagna.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #145 on: 01 Feb 2010, 13:00 »

You literally just cut the lasagna into pieces, crack two eggs, add some flour, coat in breadcrumbs, and drop it in peanut oil. It looks delicious if you put some Parmesan and marinara on top.

Pics or it didn't happen:

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #146 on: 01 Feb 2010, 13:32 »

Fixed. Sort of.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #147 on: 01 Feb 2010, 13:36 »

I am now short two wisdom teeth.
The roads were still covered in ice from Saturday's storm but we got to the dentist's office early. Of course no one was there. We waited for about an hour and then the dentist showed up. Too bad it was only him and he had no staff.
Dear sweet lord it is difficult to type this thanks to the Vicodin and the amazing lack o' food.
anyway, eventually the staff showed up so around 10:30 I was taken back for my 9:00 appointment. He leans me back in the chair and starts to come at me with a syringe. I ask, doing my best to keep a note of panic out of my voice, if he was going to put me under. He paused and said he was planning on going with local. I said that I wanted to be put out and he said it was no problem. He also said the chart said local but I know damn well that I said to put me out. So he leaves and I wait a bit. A nurse comes in and manages to not only find a vein but hit it on the first try. That is a minor miracle. I sit back and enjoy the fuzzy feeling. I wait for the dentist to come in or for an IV to be hooked up. As I'm waiting the nurse comes back in with my gf and says it's time to go. I had missed the whole extraction part! I was pleased.
Meanwhile the dentist was out in the hall discussing a problem patient and telling the nurse to call 911 and get them out of there. I don't think anyone was having a good day.
Now I am home and the drugs have worn off so it is Vicodin time. I am putting ice on my face 20 minutes on - 20 minutes off. I am also taking a bloody piece of gauze out of my mouth every 30 minutes and replacing it with a new clean piece of gauze. I haven't been able to really eat anything but I've managed some soda.
Thanks to everyone who replied. I shall now fall over.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #148 on: 01 Feb 2010, 13:41 »

19 years without a cavity and now, next Monday, I'm getting a filling because the orthodontists chipped a tooth when taking off my braces. Thanks, orthotards!

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #149 on: 01 Feb 2010, 14:23 »

I made lasagne the other night and stuffed it up so bad that I made my boyfriend and I sick.
Yaaaaaay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81   Go Up