THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 22:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 898062 times)

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #250 on: 04 Feb 2010, 16:05 »

A guy in one of my classes is totally insane. He threatened me with a pear.

But yeah other than that life is pretty nice now.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #251 on: 04 Feb 2010, 16:08 »

That seems to be the thing. My friend just got preggers, and he and his wife(the one who is actually pregnant) were considering selling their house, but it's worth significantly less than what they paid for it.

I don't know guys, I mean, the housing market is pretty crap for sellers, so what do you expect? I say wait a few years, and just work on making the place be nice, then check it out.

In other news, according to Mozilla, "wif3e" is correct, but "preggers" in not. I realize that "preggers" is not a word, but I guess "wif3e" is?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #252 on: 04 Feb 2010, 17:07 »

In general, Mozilla ignores words that have a number in them.

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #253 on: 04 Feb 2010, 18:24 »

My fiance just informed me that in 100 days we will be married.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #254 on: 04 Feb 2010, 18:25 »

Woo! That's pretty cool, Norbert!

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #255 on: 04 Feb 2010, 18:42 »

oh man blog thread.

so i was eatin dinner all alone and shit and then this really cute girl in my political science class walks up to me and says hey uhhh my friends dared me to say hi and ask you if you wanted to sit with us. FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHH

and one of her friends digs godspeed you! black emperor and a silver mt zion.

this rules.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #256 on: 04 Feb 2010, 23:56 »

Blog Thread,

Today is stress the fuck out at Emaline day, I think. First the shit with my friend, now this.

My boyfriend just stressed the fuck out at me because I forgot to add an attachment on an already stressful email. I was upset about it, but I just giggled and shrugged it off, whereas he freaked the fuck out. After we fixed the mistake, he wanted me to go to bed with him, but I said I wanted to sit out here and de-stress a little, and he got all stressed again. Dude, please. My teeth fucking hurt because of all the stress. Just go to bed, and let me have 10 minutes to myself. Just give me time to pry my law apart.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #257 on: 05 Feb 2010, 00:14 »

I am very sick of high school. Everyone is just so on edge? And going slightly crazy? When do they all calm the fuck down? It is stressin' me out.

But I am seeing Metric on March 26th so fuck yeah! Broken Social Scene = yet to be determined but I've made up my mind on whether I want to go or not. I hope I can! That's a lot of shows for me though... I also want to see Los Campesinos! the following week in LA... and it's still May at that point... this year is too musically fun. Fuckin' Sloan's gonna be in SF! But I can't go to that one.
it's time to stop posting

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #258 on: 05 Feb 2010, 00:47 »

Cool thing #1: had another interview with the coffee place today, 2 out of 3. I've got an appointment on Tuesday to have the final one. I am psyched. The guy hella gave me a hard time, on my app there was a question that asked "Do you have reliable transportation to work?" and I wrote "Bike" and he was like "Well that looks like a longboard so you are lying on your app already" and I just shrugged at him and said "Ehh, whatever dude" and he grinned like a possum eating a sweet potato.

Cool thing #2: had an interview with Home Depot 'cause they decided to fuckin' call me after all. If I pass the piss test tomorrow (I am actually kinda worried about this) then I'm pretty much hired.

Sucky thing #1: That means I have a drug test tomorrow. If I don't go tomorrow, I have to wait 6 months before re-applying. Goddamnit. I'm pretty sure I ain't quite detoxed from Sitka yet. I should've started drinking cranberry juice aaaaaages ago but whatever.

Cool thing #3: went and bombed hills on Logan's longboard today. The board is how I got myself to the coffee interview, and I am pretty pleased.

Cool thing #4: I pull a big fuckin' plug of wax out of my ear just now and I can hear a lot better. God I hate doing that, but there's something so very satisfying in knowing that your body can create something so foul and disgusting that it interferes with your body's other functions.
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2010, 01:33 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #259 on: 05 Feb 2010, 01:01 »

\o

Cross page five!

Anyway, yesterday I attended and oversaw a witness examination workshop that I had organised for the law school, with a local Queens Counsel (that's a fancy lawyer) coaching. It was great, he really liked my presentation, saying that my demeanor was good, my eye contact with the witness and the bench excellent, and I asked all the right questions. But as a bonus, there was a judge visiting from ITALY who also thought I presented very well.

Then the QC had to leave early, so the other coach who had been playing the witness moved into the main coaching role, so I played the witness. As the case was English and the witness was a tattooist involved in an assault I played it like a huge chav. When one of the girls attending asked me to confirm my name, I replied with "that's right babe" in my worst possible accent and she lost it.

Good times.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #260 on: 05 Feb 2010, 01:09 »

I know we just had the wisdom tooth surgery conversation, so I am sorry to be redundant, but I am getting a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow and am actually kind of more nervous about it than I thought I would be?

It turns out that I like my mouth as it is.

That is, without big gaping, bleeding holes in the gums.

:-(

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #261 on: 05 Feb 2010, 01:20 »

I remember nothing of the surgery, the drugs they put me on were great. That said, before you go in make sure your house is stocked with dumb action movies and strong painkillers. None of this straight paracetamol bullshit, you want codeine or stronger.  Hell, if you can get prescription strength stuff you'll be laughing.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #262 on: 05 Feb 2010, 03:53 »

Hi Blog Thread!

It is the boy's and my 1 year anniversary soon (1 march!) and as I have already mentioned we are going away for a week and spending 5 nigths at Noosa in a 4.5 star resort which will be totes rad..

But the point is he has got me this http://shanalogic.com/item.php?item_id=2831&category_id=46 which is so cute and nerdy and makes me happy.

I have ordered him a Pokemon Nintendo 64 from ebay because I am the best girlfriend ever pretty much.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #263 on: 05 Feb 2010, 04:39 »

okay. seriously. facebook needs to stop changing. I'm not going to make empty threats, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #264 on: 05 Feb 2010, 04:56 »

So I got the job at my college telephone campaign! I was pretty confident I would but when I hadn't heard I started to worry.

Speaking of worrying, I have a supervision in an hour and a half and I'm not even dressed yet. At this point, trying to finish all the reading is not even within the realms of possibility so I will just potter around a bit and do other stuff, and then try to get by on what I've already done. I think I should stop being involved in plays, they are really not great when you have a proper degree to do. The english students are laughing, they never have to go to lectures (I walk home with a guy who hasn't been to a single lecture this year) and they can do as much work as they feel like.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #265 on: 05 Feb 2010, 05:06 »

I know we just had the wisdom tooth surgery conversation, so I am sorry to be redundant, but I am getting a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow and am actually kind of more nervous about it than I thought I would be?

It turns out that I like my mouth as it is.

That is, without big gaping, bleeding holes in the gums.

:-(

I'm currently going trough the big gaping, bleeding holes in the gums phase!
Okay, not really. I mean there are big gaping holes but they really aren't bleeding all that much. I went to the dentist yesterday because there was still some bleeding and the nice lady on the phone said that wasn't normal and would I like to come in for an appointment. I said yes and when I got there the dental assistant took a look and said everything looked fine but that I might have a 'liver clot' according to google they are so called because they look like liver. The dentist looked and said I was healing fine and then stuck his big ol' paw in my mouth and removed the liver clot and gave me gauze to bite on and sent me home.

In your case what to expect depends on the tooth. Is it impacted? If so there'll be more work the oral surgeon will have to do to get it out. Hopefully you are seeing an oral surgeon. I think it's best if you go with someone who does this kind of thing on a regular basis.
If you're getting knocked out (Fang Recommended!) then you won't remember a thing. See my previous blog post for details.
Healing has been a pain both literally and figuratively although the pain is not nearly as bad as I expected. I will be rinsing my mouth out every couple of hours for the next few weeks and that's already gotten old.
However you are a young'un and I expect you'll bounce right back. My reading indicates that it's best to get your wisdom teeth yanked early if they've got to get yanked.
In any even there will be pain, discomfort, and swelling. However follow the doctor's instructions and you'll probably be fine and heal before I do. Dang kids today with their hair and music and healing ability.

(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #266 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:15 »

The english students are laughing, they never have to go to lectures (I walk home with a guy who hasn't been to a single lecture this year) and they can do as much work as they feel like.

Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me English at Cambridge is some total mickey mouse shit? Much as it would vastly entertain me to believe this (I have spent a lot of time with people who really don't like Cambridge and I guess it's rubbed off), the schedule of the one person I've known who studied English there was fairly brutal so I'm a little dubious. Are you sure this guy isn't just failing his course?
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #267 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:18 »

Those of you who have had your wisdom teeth removed, why have they been removed? The area around one of my wisdom teeth hurts like hell, but it's not really my tooth that hurts, just the stuff around it. It's been like this for periods before, but it's worse than before now. Should I see a dentist? :/ I've been hoping to avoid it due to cost and pain issues, but yeah, it's pretty painful already, but it'll probably pass in a while, like it has before.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #268 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:23 »

Yes, go see a dentist! The tooth could be infected, and sometimes it's not the tooth itself that hurts, but the area around like in your case. Don't ask me why, I dunno. It could also be because the tooth may be in a weird position, which sometimes irritates the gums and causes pain. I had mine removed because of this, they weren't infected at all, but their backwards positions would eventually have damaged the gums and teeth nearby severely, which of course would have lead to pain other places than in the wisdom teeth themselves. So yeah, go see a dentist.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #269 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:24 »

the teeth around it could be hurting cause yr wisdom tooth is coming in and there is no room for it. thats usually why they are taken out, the human mouth is too small for wisdom teeth. they act as replacement teeth of sorts, considering back when hygiene was not as good as it was today people had usually lost a few teeth so the wisdom teeth filled in the gap. but since i presume you haven't lost any teeth they're gonna be hells of painful coming in and may even do wacky shit like come in sideways. honestly, i would get yrself checked out. my guess is the longer you wait the pain is gonna come in more and more and be more painful every time.

at least, that is my understanding of wisdom teeth.

edit: aw man kris beat me to the punch! oh well yr getting my post anyway.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

iamiam

« Reply #270 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:41 »

oh shit car, why did your engine decide to start dying RIGHT as i move out and am broke as fuck???

:(
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Ptommydski

« Reply #271 on: 05 Feb 2010, 07:48 »

Probably the same reason my roof is caving in, my car is still off the road and my laptop died at the same time.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #272 on: 05 Feb 2010, 08:11 »

I just sent in a request for an appointment at the dentist, thanks for the advice. I have definitely noticed that there's really not enough room for it, but it seems to be growing out okay (though I have definitely felt pressure on other teeth), at least not crookedly or anything. But yeah, it irritates the gums (which is what hurts), definitely, so I figured better safe than sorry. And I guess it's better to get it removed now, than later this spring when I have exams and project deadlines and stuff coming up.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #273 on: 05 Feb 2010, 08:34 »

Those of you who have had your wisdom teeth removed, why have they been removed? The area around one of my wisdom teeth hurts like hell, but it's not really my tooth that hurts, just the stuff around it.

Ain't no nerve endings in teeth, for future reference. That shit is all elsewhere. As for reasons for removing wisdom teeth, it's to preserve the proper alignment of your other teeth. That way, you can bite and chew without overwearing your teeth or your jaw. Pretty handy shit, that.

Guys I am gonna go take a pee test that I am pretty sure I'm gonna fail, wish me luck I am terrified

CardinalFang

« Reply #274 on: 05 Feb 2010, 09:14 »

Mari, I'm glad you decided to go to the dentist. If there's a problem you definitely want to catch it early. In my case my lower wisdom tooth was showing decay on the x-ray but since it wasn't fully erupted the dentist couldn't get to it to try and fix it. So they figured it should come out now instead of waiting until the decay got worse. The upper one had grown in fine but since the lower one hadn't it kept on going and was longer than the rest of my teeth. For it's presumption it is now gone.

Patrick, there are no nerve ending in teeth? Wiki disagrees(see the little blue lines?) as does the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health. "Your teeth are made of a hard, bonelike material. Inside the tooth are nerves and blood vessels."
Edit: forgot to wish you luck on the pee test! Good luck!!!
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2010, 09:16 by CardinalFang »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #275 on: 05 Feb 2010, 09:32 »

Yeah, I am pretty damn sure teeth can hurt, as I have had that experience before. And of course wisdom teeth can be removed to preserve the position of the other teeth, but the last time I went to the dentist, he just said "Oh, wisdom teeth" and said they looked okay, which I took to mean that I should let them grow, and there are definitely other reasons people have their wisdom teeth pulled, which is why I was asking, as I wondered if hurting gums around them could be one of the reasons.

CardinalFang

« Reply #276 on: 05 Feb 2010, 09:39 »

The lower one that was removed wasn't fully erupted and every now and again the gum would swell and be a little tender. However since the one above it was so long whenever the gum did swell it meant I'd end up biting down on myself. Usually it would go away in a day or so and rinsing my mouth with salt water helped.
I guess it depends on why the gum hurts. If it's because the tooth has decay or something then they'd probably want to go ahead and get rid of it since it's causing problems and it's easier to do when you're young. Hopefully it's just something that the dentist will prescribe a medicated mouthwash or something though.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #277 on: 05 Feb 2010, 13:21 »

So my coworker and I painted a lot of Lichtensteins for window displays a while back and today we sold them! So we have money! But I get the feeling that my company is going to try to take all the money when my manager wants it all to go to me and my coworker, as we're the ones who painted them. If that happens, I won't be a happy camper!

Better news: I got my retirement refund yesterday! So I get to buy a new laptop next week! So that is good. (Of course my mom made some stupid comments after I said I was happy I got it because of how much I needed it and said since I wasn't in school, I don't "need" a laptop at all. Well, if my laptop wasn't fucked up, yes, it would go towards my loan, but you know what, shit happens and I've had enough of all the shit that's happened in the past month and yes I do need a computer.)
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2010, 13:24 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #278 on: 05 Feb 2010, 13:28 »

It's a miserable day and I don't want to go to work. I want to cuddle up in bed and sleep until it stops raining and being miserable. Fuck you, shitty weather and work.

Also, I have been stressing out about trying to find a place to move to, so much so that a few nights ago I was dreaming about stressing about not being able to find a place to move into. Yesterday I was just working myself up looking at places over and over again on a map and trying to work out if I liked them and if they were cheap enough and big enough and whether we could even get them. It got to the point where ben just told me to get out of the real estate website and leave it for a few days, because I felt like crying.

blar.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #279 on: 05 Feb 2010, 14:06 »

Blogs,
I am so tired. So tired. Next time you see me online past midnight, tell me to go to bed please and thank you. Did I mention I am tired?
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #280 on: 05 Feb 2010, 15:34 »

Those of you who have had your wisdom teeth removed, why have they been removed?

Also, in addition to what Patrick said, the position of these four little tykes makes 'em hard to reach for any toothbrush, according to my dentist. Thus, they often decay rather fast and rather badly.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #281 on: 05 Feb 2010, 16:48 »

Blog Thread! Good(ish) news!

Today marks the first day of my boyfriend and I going to the gym together! We'll be going every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, for the rest of our lives from now on. Yay! I like working out, and have never gone to a real gym before so I'm pretty excited. I'm also nervous, and freaking that that we will stop going shortly after going. Which I hope does not happen.

Also, today, I woke up with a horrible pain in my side/back. It made it difficult to breathe it hurt so bad. It just felt like a sore muscle, or like I needed to stretch my back really bad. Most of the day I couldn't do anything for it, or because of it. I couldn't even reach my arms over my head.  So I decided to dust off the old wii fit and do some yoga. After finishing all the yoga poses, I moved on to everything else, and basically now I am sweating and dying, but my back hurts less! But still hurts a lot. But now I can hold my hands above my head!

(Also, woo! Encourage me to keep trying to lose ten pounds! At least!)

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #282 on: 05 Feb 2010, 17:01 »

So the wisdom tooth surgery ended up being a bit of a nightmare... I went in thinking they were removing just one tooth under local anesthesia , but the oral surgeon came in, looked at my x-ray, and went, "Uh.  I think you need 3 teeth removed."  And I was like, "Er, well, okay, I guess."  And then they checked with my insurance and told me that it would cost me $850 for the extraction, and I started to cry, because that's about what I make in a month, and I wasn't expecting to have to pay quite so much for them to take my teeth from me.

Then my boyfriend, who was waiting, and was going to run back to school to turn in this important project that was due today while I was actually in the surgery, was told that they couldn't put me under until he was there, and that he couldn't leave while I was under.  And he was kind of pissed and worried, but then they told us they could do the whole thing--including putting me under and whatnot!--in about 20 minutes.

It was more like 45 or 50, but that's actually pretty amazing for a dental surgery.  So it all worked out okay, I guess... I have three gaping sockets and my boyfriend got to school with 5 minutes before the end of his class to turn the project in (and I'm $900 lighter, including the purchase of Vicodin, antibiotic mouth rinse, and antibiotics... despite the fact that I pay monthly premiums for dental and medical and my dentist determined this was a necessary procedure.  Hip-hip-fucking-hooray for privatized healthcare.)

CardinalFang

« Reply #283 on: 05 Feb 2010, 17:06 »

I didn't know oral surgeons did the ol' "Bait and Switch".
'You need one tooth pulled.' 'Did I say one? I meant three."
At least it's over.
Interestingly enough I didn't get a prescription for an antibiotic nor did I get an antibiotic mouthwash. I was just told told rinse my mouth out often (after 24 hours!) with warm salt water.

I hope you have a quick recovery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #284 on: 05 Feb 2010, 17:27 »

Guys the overwhelming majority of the shit I shipped from Alaska got here today! I have all my guitars in one city now. That hasn't happened in 4 years.

Also I took my pee test and I was polite to the lady and she seemed to be pretty relieved that I wasn't giving her shit (pun completely unintentional). I don't envy her job, having to not only handle cups full of human piss all day, but also deal with people who are in there because they were busted for drugs before. Probation cases and shit like that.

The kinda sad thing is that yesterday, when I was waiting for my interview, I saw this dude walk in, and he was kinda rude and stuff. I saw the same dude in the test clinic's waiting room today. Guy was just as big of a douche today, 'cept he looked and smelled the part this time. I am kindof hoping he opted for the overnight stocking position they had so's I won't have to work with him, I opted for their cashier position with the sales pitch of wanting to work towards being a good and proper sales associate.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #285 on: 05 Feb 2010, 18:01 »

Le Blog Fil,

I have my school plans for the next 5 years. If all goes well, I will have a Pre-University Diploma in 2 years in Pure Science and enroll in the Professional Theater program which lasts 3 years. I will take both of these courses at Dawson College. I hope everything wil work out.

Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #286 on: 05 Feb 2010, 18:45 »

Sorta bored at home, watching the Sabres game. Wishing I had somethin else to do. Gonna tear up more wallpaper after the game.
Tomorrow I might take a walk around and look for more work.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

nobo

« Reply #287 on: 05 Feb 2010, 19:10 »

(Also, woo! Encourage me to keep trying to lose ten pounds! At least!)

You and me have roughly the same amount to go. I'm 200ish trying to get to 185. Wanna be workout e-buddies?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #288 on: 05 Feb 2010, 19:13 »

The english students are laughing, they never have to go to lectures (I walk home with a guy who hasn't been to a single lecture this year) and they can do as much work as they feel like.

Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me English at Cambridge is some total mickey mouse shit?

No, not mickey mouse but a lot more scope to make as much of it as you want. They have the same number of supervisions and lectures, but no one really goes to the lectures and because there is far more emphasis on opinions than on facts, it is much easier to bluff that you've done the reading. Obviously there are English students who care about their subject and go to the lectures, just as there are law students who do, but the guy I walked home with isn't one of them.

Plus everything is comparative. Law here is apparently the second hardest law course in the world - second only to Harvard. We certainly get a lot more reading than the English students.

Tonight's show went really well but the other two student papers got their reviews out and they were less flattering. One of them was written by an extremely angry failed actor, who has a personal grudge against some of the actors, so we're not really taking that seriously, and the other was full of factual inaccuracies (and anyway was written by the paper who picked up the email my college got sent asking us to be quieter at nights and turned it into a sex-ban scandal which is now in the national news), but even so it's a bit disheartening. Regardless we were sold out today and we've been sold out for tomorrow all week.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #289 on: 05 Feb 2010, 19:22 »

blig blog I do derive enjoyment from things anymore. I feel no compulsion to read my books or shop in used book stores, I have no desire to shop for cool used clothes, I don't feel like baking much, I just want to eat and breathe. What is up with that?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #290 on: 05 Feb 2010, 19:31 »

James sounds like you have become an adult! Congratulations, it sucks

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #291 on: 05 Feb 2010, 19:40 »

fuck that nonsense. Maybe I have just moved on from sci-fi. I am going down to the used bookstore and picking up The Grapes of Wrath because I got a quarter of the way through that then left it behind in Ontario and also I'm picking up Sanctuary because my friend said she is studying it in an english class and it reminder her of me for some reason. I will read those books at the cafe that is only open till 5PM and I will knit as well. I will eat fried rice for supper and drink wine and think deep thoughts about existence because life is beautiful and meaningful if so we make it.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #292 on: 06 Feb 2010, 00:15 »

Sorta bored at home, watching the Sabres game. Wishing I had somethin else to do. Gonna tear up more wallpaper after the game.
Tomorrow I might take a walk around and look for more work.

My professor totally did sound for that Sabres game.

I don't think I've posted in the blog thread yet this year.

THINGS I HAVE DONE:
- Get a marching spot at the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps
- Record some metal guitar
- Get back on the 8AM-2AM schoolwork schedule
- Not much else really, I'm turning into a boring old man.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #293 on: 06 Feb 2010, 00:45 »

Maria is dead!  Long live Maria!

(Anders loves Maria is finished)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #294 on: 06 Feb 2010, 00:50 »

Ha wow. I gave up on Anders <3 Maria quite a while ago but maybe I might read it all the way through now that it is wrapped up.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #295 on: 06 Feb 2010, 01:25 »

what kind of maniac puts a fence post in two layers of concrete and bricks??
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #296 on: 06 Feb 2010, 02:54 »

Dash cancelling jump cancelling a dash? No thanks. The wonderfully balanced Tatsunoko vs Capcom  might have just had that ruined. On the other hand, you can probably just throw out a poke for them to run into. We'll see how this plays out.

Mostly I'm bitter that Morrigan can't do it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #297 on: 06 Feb 2010, 03:16 »

Old friend I haven't seen in years invited me over to do acid at his place tonight is this awesome y/n

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #298 on: 06 Feb 2010, 04:21 »

I fainted again. I have to stop doing that.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #299 on: 06 Feb 2010, 06:44 »

Woo for the first time in months I have a good chance of getting a job. Best thing: it's at a local coffee shop/bakery so the hours will be tolerable and the customers will be sober :-D Pay is above minimum wage too, and the job itself isn't especially difficult. I spoke to one of the owners and he didn't even mind about me going to university in September. Now I just have to actually get the job.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81   Go Up