THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887585 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #400 on: 09 Feb 2010, 08:53 »

me with my long hair, backwards baseball cap, and sport sunglasses... we looked like we'd just finished filming The Search For Animal Chin

fyp
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #401 on: 09 Feb 2010, 13:13 »

BLAUWG-

I was driving through a parking lot near my work when I saw someone start backing out of a spot. I was pretty close to them by the time that they starting reversing, so I immediately slowed down. When they continued reversing, I came to a complete stop. Mind you, I was less than ten feet away and in clear sight. The lady never stopped and smashed into my bumper. This wouldn't have been too big a deal except for the fact that it was extremely cold that day and the impact caused my plastic bumper to explode. She got out of her car and we called the cops. After waiting forever, a cop comes and takes a quick statement and fills out a form. I gave a description of the accident, noting that I was at a complete stop when the collision occurred.

The other driver told the cop that her car has sensors that been when there is something behind her.

The lady's defense was that her car would have warned her if I was behind her. Her defense was that I wasn't there.

Anyway, we exchanged insurance and everything. Her insurance company contacts me and takes a statement. I made certain to say "I was at a full stop," "she never looked back," and "she shouldn't put so much faith in her reverse sensors."

Anyway, thanks to the wonderful government of the state of Illinois, we have a "COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE" law. This law allows her insurance company to tell me that I am 25% at fault because I was in the parking lot to begin with. If, then, I am 25% at fault I have to come up with 25% of the money to fix my car. Because I made the foolish error of cohabiting a parking lot with a reckless lady.

I didn't mention this yet, but the lady backed in to me over a month ago. I just got off the phone with her insurance and the rep hasn't even determined liability yet. I have contacted her 4 times already.

SIGH.

Love, Eli.

TL;DR-  :x :x :x :x :x INSURANCE COMPANIES!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #402 on: 09 Feb 2010, 13:55 »

My boyfriend's coworkers are trying to get this dinner party thing together. They are all interested in cooking, and are all good cooks, so they want to do this thing where they decide on a cuisine, and then everybody cooks a dish for it, and we get a complete meal. Some how, I got included in the list of chefs who are supposed to be cooking. We've had one party since we've been dating, not counting magic parties(because that's mostly friends, and not any coworkers), where they've tasted my food, and that was for Thanksgiving, and you can't screw up thanksgiving food, its so easy! But I mean, I guess they've seen the stuff my boyfriend brings to work, so maybe they think I'm a good cook? I am super nervous about this! I don't think I can do it.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #403 on: 09 Feb 2010, 14:07 »

It's only one dish! If you think you're that bad just make some of your kickass homemade bread or something.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #404 on: 09 Feb 2010, 14:16 »

I wish I could do that, but I think that I have to cook at whoever is hosting it that night. And share the kitchen!(which I absolutely cannot do. I am a kitchen hog) Also, I have to use equipment I've never used before, according to this email:

The example in my mind was like indian for example. true scratch indian is like step 1: fry a bunch of spices in a wok. i can think of a lot of ways we could all fuck that shit up.

I have an idea-- i was thinking of buying one of those outdoor wok burners again after Shijingle took mine.  what If i rebuy it, since i already have the propane tank, then we choose chinese and everyone has to cook for the first time on a 130K BTU flame.

Normal stove burners are 5K BTU. most dishes are cooked in two minutes or so and you have to be really fast.

WTF. I don't think I can do that! Scary! But yeah. I think I'm gonna try.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #405 on: 09 Feb 2010, 14:36 »

cooking stuff

Emaline, that sounds awesome!  Imagine, you're going to get to learn to cook on really expensive, specialized equipment with the casual supervision, guidance, and training of people who know what the fuck they're doing!  And even if you mess up a dish or two, they're going to be cooking, too, so you'll still have a tasty, awesome dinner.

I mean, I'd totally be all, "Er, guys, I'm super flattered, but just to warn you I've never cooked on equipment like this, so please help me out if you see me screwing up!"

But... yummy food.  Seriously, I'm jealous.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #406 on: 09 Feb 2010, 14:56 »

finished Arcadia

I enjoyed that (went during the original run).  My wife's a particular fan of Stoppard.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #407 on: 09 Feb 2010, 15:08 »

In a well-directed production, staged Stoppard is miles apart from read Stoppard. That's what makes him such an amazing playwright, is that he really knows the ins and outs of theater. I couldn't imagine the experience of trying to read something such as On the Razzle.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #408 on: 09 Feb 2010, 15:25 »

... we looked like fucking dealers. Straight up looked like mismatched drug dealers.

Jay & Silent Bob? Nootchies.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #409 on: 09 Feb 2010, 15:58 »

I'm going to see a silent pirate play on Thursday! It's directed by one of my friends from the play last week and it sounds pretty cool. Another friend, one who was at school with me, is coming with me - she just broke up with her boyfriend and is feeling quite low so I went and watched a film with her and ate ice cream tonight. Actually I was glad she texted me to see if I was free because sprint training went really badly tonight and I skipped dance because I was so tired and miserable, so it was seredipitous that she wanted company at the same time that I wanted company. I'm feeling good now! Yay for friends :)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #410 on: 09 Feb 2010, 21:30 »

Gay Movie and Cocktails night at George's tonight. He told me that he does these nights from time to time in order to "make absolutely sure" that even the stupidest of his friends don't forget that he is gay. His words. I'm going 'cause I wanna get my drink on.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #411 on: 09 Feb 2010, 22:02 »

Plus you get your gay on anyway when I'm around.

Together.

WOCKA WOCKA

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #412 on: 10 Feb 2010, 00:36 »

Got my minis in the mail! woo I have some stuff to paint! But oh wait, there's no paintbrushes included. I guess I'll have to wait a couple days until I can go to the gamestore and get one.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #413 on: 10 Feb 2010, 01:03 »

Hey, gonna cross post this from the NOT SOBER thread in case it gets a better response here.

Sorry to lay some deep shit on this page but I need some advice.

I have been smoking for about a year; it started just at parties occasionally. In September I started smoking on the regular, at least a few times a week, and this escalated steadily for some time until I was smoking almost every day. Lately it's been less but I realized recently that I've been feeling depressed, anxious, and/or shitty a lot more than is normal for me. I'm generally a happy-go-lucky dude but these last few months, more and more often, it has happened that I've been struck suddenly and without warning by strong feelings of suicide and depression out of nowhere.

The other day I got higher than I've been in ages at a friend's house and we both moved to pass out in her bed but instead of falling asleep I bugged out and tripped balls. Without hyperbole, this felt 10x more like a trip than my acid trip. The world tore apart around me and I felt myself falling into a black abyss. Suddenly my mind flooded with dark, horrifying thoughts that presented themselves as undeniable realities regarding my life and the world around me. Sinking lower and lower, I came to the realization that underneath all the subterfuge, the world is a horrible, desperate place run by merciless psychological systems, and that everyone just lies to themselves in different ways to combat this. I felt lonely and beyond help. I remember waking up my friend and saying "holy shit, this is the worst I've ever felt in my life" but when she asked if she could do anything for me, I said "I don't know" and let her go back to bed. Eventually, overwhelmed, I gave up trying to fight this demon with positive thoughts and let it wash over me in hopes that eventually it would go away.

I don't remember falling asleep but I woke up at noon the next day, feeling perfectly fine if burned as fuck.

There have been many other experiences less intense than this but still shitty. Smoking seems to amplify these feelings. My life is going great socially, romantically, and professionally, and I haven't been traumatized by anything as far as I can recall. I don't really understand what is going on or why, but I'm worried and want to resolve it.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #414 on: 10 Feb 2010, 01:11 »

some people react badly to it if you have anxiety or depression, plus there's the possibility that your stuff was laced with something else i guess? i'm leaning toward the first, i've heard of a lot of stories of people with anxiety or people with depression, even though they're veteran smokers, have on occasion flipped shit and one tried to call 911 because he thought he was dying.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #415 on: 10 Feb 2010, 01:23 »

I saw two other people smoke the same pot and they were fine.

This experience was a warning sign but it's more the fact that it's been happening a lot, regularly, at different levels of intensity that worries me.

It happens more when I smoke but sober too I've been noticeably down in the dumps and I am unused to it and would like to fix it.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #416 on: 10 Feb 2010, 02:02 »

I'd probably cut back on the smoking for starters. I don't think it causes depression but it can exacerbate pre-existing conditions given that I've found that pot will amplify emotions that you're already feeling. I would also recommend seeing if you can talk to someone, professional-like, even if it's just your regular doctor who can maybe refer you to a therapist. It's worth thinking about if this is something that is bothering you.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #417 on: 10 Feb 2010, 03:30 »

Sinking lower and lower, I came to the realization that underneath all the subterfuge, the world is a horrible, desperate place run by merciless psychological systems, and that everyone just lies to themselves in different ways to combat this. I felt lonely and beyond help.

How did you not know this already?  What did they teach you in high school?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #418 on: 10 Feb 2010, 03:32 »

Guys, do not watch Whip It. It will make you want to roller derby so bad and therefore make you insanely jealous of Jodie.

Speaking of derby and how awesome I am (that's what we were talking about right?) I graduated level 1 of derby last night!  We start (gentle) contact drills on Saturday!  EEEE.

Also I graduated fastest of the class!  To pass level 1 apart from all the boring basic skills like falling right and stopping and form and crossovers and whatnot you have to be able to do 5 laps of the derby track in 1:30 and 15 laps in 5 minutes.  I did 5 in 55 seconds and 15 in 2:44! WOO!  Although the minimum requirements are really easy to get, even the absolute slowest skaters in our group can do it.  but that's not the point!

Better than last week, which was 5 in 58 and 15 in 2:49!  Also I am getting me some sweet new wheels soon which means more grip and more (controllable) speed!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #419 on: 10 Feb 2010, 05:27 »

BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE A NIHILIST MOMMY

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #420 on: 10 Feb 2010, 05:57 »

Gene, i think it's quite possible to get depression when things are going swimingly. I go on some crazy moodswings and before I was in a relationship I only had myself and the internet to steady me. Now I expect things are going well I shouldn't feel those insecurities but I still do, sometimes even more strongly.

I think the best thing to do in these situations is to go back to basics in a big way. Cut out stimulants and depressants, including coffee and alcohol (a little is probably fine), put a lot of effort into life and activities that energise you.

It doesn't seem like you have a very developed problem, now is your opportunity to nip it in the bud and/or learn to control it.

est: she is basically an ass to everyone

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #421 on: 10 Feb 2010, 06:35 »

My brother and I had a real conversation last night about life, and his relationship, and my school, and our jobs and a mess of other things. This hasn't happened in a long time, and I think we're on the road to fixing the problems we've had in the last few years. It is really nice.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #422 on: 10 Feb 2010, 14:19 »

hellooooo blog thread,

my life is pretty OKAY. but really really really busy. this is good. i did not have a nervous breakdown btw, it was more of an identity crisis.

xoxo,
anna

ps-am i in the quiki yet? ahaha
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #423 on: 10 Feb 2010, 15:45 »

Ok. I realize that I'm shitting up this page with all my words, but this is sort of important to me, I guess.

I am volunteering at a church now. I am doing sound and video. It is one of those churches that have crazy-ass spectacle choir and band arrangments that are like concerts every week. They have a digidesign soundboard that costs more than my yearly salary at my job.

I am also now in two bands.

I still can't motivate myself at my job, though. Odd, that.

TL;DR I may be making progress at getting a job doing something that I like instead of bullshit that I can't stand.

Wish me luck!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #424 on: 10 Feb 2010, 15:50 »

Hey man, that's what the blog thread is for! Definitely go for jobs that are fun over ones that are awful but well paid (or even badly paid, in which case what were you thinking?).

I was feeling a bit down this evening because I'd got all psyched up about going clubbing with the other lawyers and then one of them bailed and the whole evening unravelled. I could still have gone but the two who were still committed to going both have boyfriends who they were planning on meeting up with and then going home with, and I'd have been a fifth wheel. So I watched a mushy love film and then Skyped for an hour with my mum and now I'm happy again :) Also I cooked a meal that would have been a success if a) the plate had been a big one, as I thought, rather than a sandwich one, and b) the plate had not got stuck in the top of the saucepan when I tried a "clever" balancing technique.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #425 on: 10 Feb 2010, 15:59 »

Guys, there are three rad things about my life right now:

1. I am seeing a lady I think. We went to get lunch together at 1.30 and then it was 6.30 and we were like oh shit.

2. I petted a fox. It was crossing the Meadows as I was crossing the meadows and I got really close to it, and then I lured it to me with crisps.

3. I have press tickets to go and see God is an Astronaut, plus interview them. What do I ask them?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #426 on: 10 Feb 2010, 16:07 »

2. I petted a fox. It was crossing the Meadows as I was crossing the meadows and I got really close to it, and then I lured it to me with crisps.

PS:  Now I have rabies.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #427 on: 10 Feb 2010, 17:24 »

so last week was the first week i've had off uni since the start of the year where i haven't had any work to do, so i went a yonder with my bestie and we planned some awesome party times. Sadly this coincided with my girlfriend having a partial breakdown at uni and thus tagging along for the entirety of what was supposed to be my friend's birthday weekstravaganza. I am glad she came because i am pretty sure she needed me but shucks do i feel bad for the dampener it put on kylie's birthday and the fact that we all got sick just kinda ruined things more, and then my girlfriend's been with me for ages right up until this afternoon as she's gone back to uni to sort stuff out and there's been lots of crying and it's been really exhausting for everyone involved, yet even though i am epically tired and my brain is mush, even though i'm starting new classes for this semester this week and ugh... The point is, i can't seem to sleep without her here and i can't quite figure out why,
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #428 on: 10 Feb 2010, 17:36 »

Ok. I realize that I'm shitting up this page with all my words, but this is sort of important to me, I guess.

I am volunteering at a church now. I am doing sound and video. It is one of those churches that have crazy-ass spectacle choir and band arrangments that are like concerts every week. They have a digidesign soundboard that costs more than my yearly salary at my job.

I am also now in two bands.

I still can't motivate myself at my job, though. Odd, that.

TL;DR I may be making progress at getting a job doing something that I like instead of bullshit that I can't stand.

Wish me luck!

omg you should set up a "HAND OF GOD" button that smites one person in ridiculously bright light
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #429 on: 10 Feb 2010, 17:39 »

and and have a "BIBLICAL PLAGUE" button that dumps a rain of frogs onto the stage
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #430 on: 10 Feb 2010, 19:51 »

Guys guys guys! In a week and a half I am buying a HOUSE. We have been trying to buy this stupid house since July. And finally we get to get it.

I will get to paint walls, and decorate rooms, and get a puppy, and it has a kitchen!! The kitchen part would not be so exciting except that for the last six months, since we gave up our apartment, we have been living in a basement that has an underpowered hot plate for cooking on, and a tiny little bar sink for doing dishes, and a fridge that's over in the back room. And now I will have a dishwasher, and a real stove and oven, and a fridge all in the same room. And the hot water will always be there, not only when we go upstairs and turn on the water heater and wait 15 minutes. And we get to take our stuff out of storage and finally be able to find all our crap again. And Robert's mom really was excited and wanted us to have this house and it's too bad she won't get to see it with us but it's ok as long as I tell myself she's still somewhere and will know we got it.

Now if only I had a job.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #431 on: 10 Feb 2010, 20:10 »

Guys, there are three rad things about my life right now:

1. I am seeing a lady I think. We went to get lunch together at 1.30 and then it was 6.30 and we were like oh shit.

3. I have press tickets to go and see God is an Astronaut, plus interview them. What do I ask them?

Triple o/

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #432 on: 10 Feb 2010, 20:18 »

blog thread everything still feels terrible right now, my job is okay when things are good but really unbelievably horrible with pressure and bullshit and constantly being shouted at when things are not good. right now things are okay so i am in the clear but i'm still sort of a wreck at all times now and i don't really have a social life anymore and i hate how my stupid job dominates my life way more than i want it to and all i do lately is sort of cry and flail and panic about money and future schooling and family stuff and it's all Very Sad and Very Dramatic.

the good news is i finally have a day off this monday because it is a public holiday, which i also realized is the first day off i have had since new year's day. it's nice but at the same time it's also been so long i don't even know what i could possibly do with that much free time all at once, knowing me i will probably manage to find something to freak out about regardless and spend the whole day doing that. or maybe i'll just buy ice cream and watch television all day. i think i really need a change in scenery.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #433 on: 11 Feb 2010, 05:23 »

Days off are the best. I gave myself today off (I only had one lecture and it's the one no one goes to because he just reads off the lecture handouts, which are downloadable) so I slept in til lunch and am having an epic tidy-up so that I can find my floor and practice ice hockey shots.

Do something like that! Pick a project you've wanted to get something done towards for ages but not had time and work on it. Like knitting, or exploring a museum, or picking out new bedding or something.

ETA: my glorious day off just got fouled up. Student Finance England have returned to haunt my life. This time, they won't let me change the names of my parent/guardians, even though they just got married so my mum has a new surname and my stepdad is no longer my mum's partner but my mum's husband. GAH how can they be so moronic? People get married all the time, surely this has occurred to them?
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2010, 05:45 by Barmymoo »

the_pied_piper

« Reply #434 on: 11 Feb 2010, 08:15 »

You would think that but sadly they seem to fail to grasp the concept of an ever-changing world.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #435 on: 11 Feb 2010, 08:49 »

Oh my god. I do not understand how my parents cannot grasp the st.Louis/IL bus/metro service. I swear. My mom invited me out shopping with the rest of my family this Friday. I don't drive so I was going to take public transit out there(for reference, I live in St. Louis, MO, my family lives in Collinsville, IL. Roughly an hour and a half to two hour transit ride). I was fine with the long ride because I've done it before, both going out there, and when I lived there coming to the city. So, I'm tell her what time I'd have to leave and what time I'd show up, for the shortest ride(an hour and a half). My arrival time is something like 11:42. She then says that my dad says that I can take the metro all the way to the stupid mall that we are going to. Which, a)he wouldn't know since he doesn't use the public transit system, and b)is not true. But I look it up for them anyway, and explain that it'd be roughly the same ride, and that it'd be bus-metro-bus, which my mom doesn't understand at all. So she tells me to just take the metro from St. Louis to the station closest to the mall. Which I explain to her that I will still have to ride the bus to the metro station, because my parents cannot seem to grasp the fact that just because I live in the city does not mean that I can walk outside, and be on the freaking metro.

I am fine with taking the bus. I do not mind taking the bus and the metro, and then the bus again. But they don't seem to be happy with any of the routes that I can take. I guess because I have to get up early to catch the bus, they think that they have to get up early as well.

Basically, argh.

Also, I've been doing some facebook spying, and it seems everyone I went to high school with is now old, and fat, or pregnant, or has had kids, or is married. Everyone has grown up. It is weird, and now I feel old.

Also, this totally punk rock kid I used to have a crush on is now a fat old conservative and apparently hates Obama. Things have changed.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2010, 09:40 by Emaline »

Zingoleb

« Reply #436 on: 11 Feb 2010, 09:57 »

Zingoleb,

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU.  :x

What did I do!?

Blaggy,

I am still without internet. Did you guys know libraries have these things called 'books' now? They're kind of like what you read on the internet, only on, like, paper and shit. I've been reading a bunch of them.

Turns out my neighbour did actually shoot my dog. His ex-girlfriend ratted him out. Apparently he threw her body in the pond and we're going to get it back. I'm really pissed off and kind of want to go over there and throw rocks through his windows and put sugar in his gas tank but my father's going to get him back in a more legal way. This brings the tally up to three missing dogs in the neighbourhood, and another one of our dogs ran off and came back with another dog's head in its mouth. Hm.

Also found out that a close friend of mine has breast cancer. She is 19. I'm still kind of shocked about it but can't believe she might, you know, die because of this, especially when she's been there through a few...rough times.

(I'm actually in fairly okay spirits lately despite all of this. I realize that I always sound fairly complain-y but I'm actually pretty upbeat even when my life is falling apart)

Oh, and Patrick - I'm trying to figure out why you weren't detoxing yourself from day one of the job search. Seriously.

nobo

« Reply #437 on: 11 Feb 2010, 13:11 »

one of our dogs ran off and came back with another dog's head in its mouth. Hm.

Ok, seriously, WTF?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #438 on: 11 Feb 2010, 14:55 »

I think for all of my writing assignments I want to use Zinglobeb's life but even for creative writing assignments it's not believable.

My last assignment was flying rhinos.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #439 on: 11 Feb 2010, 14:58 »

everything Zingoleb posts in this thread

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #440 on: 11 Feb 2010, 15:31 »

I think for all of my writing assignments I want to use Zinglobeb's life but even for creative writing assignments it's not believable.

My last assignment was flying rhinos.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #441 on: 11 Feb 2010, 17:47 »

SWEET: So, last night I went to an exhibition opening. The exhibition was good, met up with some of my friends (inc 2 who were in it!). It was curated by this crazy guy called Tom Rivard who's quite wacky and does unusual things. website >>http://www.leanproductions.com.au/

AWESOME: They served scotch at the bar for free, by itself or as a whisky sour. YAY. You had to pay for beer though!! They also had free popcorn!

COOL: They had like a tomato soup in shot glasses, which my friend reckoned had vodka in it.

SLIGHTLY LAME: So we hung out outside talking for ever and trying to get the group together to go eat. Someone suggested this Chinese place so we all went there but didn't know which one and stood around being lost until we finally got back together and sat down. It was already 9.30 and we were STARVING.

AWESOME: The restaurant was pretty crappy looking, but delicious. It was even better when one girl convinced the waitress to turn of the flourescents and leave the orange mood lamps. We're all architects/designers so the whole table of 20 cheered.

DELICIOUS: dumplings!

RANDOM: We followed a friend to a house party at Tom Rivard's home/office. By the time we rocked up there was 8-9 of us left. Apparently this guy is crazy and does lots of drugs and loves partying

SWEET: things in his house, like totally cool antiques and stuff. Also, more scotch YEAAAAAH.

SAD: Finally going home, not that late, about 2.30 or something. Got my friend to drop me at train station in city.

LAME: Waiting for the bus in the cold for 20 min. Nightriders which come once per hour after like midnight. All dodgy looking guys and crazy teenagers.

STUPID: Getting on the wrong bus. IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! And not realising! At first I thought it was going in the right direction. Then I asked the person next to me and he was like 'yes it's going there where you asked'. IT WASN'T.

FRIGHTENING: By the time I realise where I am, I'm upset and stunned at how stupid I was, I hop off onto an empty street. This part of town is DODGY. I was in Rockdale, for those in Sydney. It is SE of the city, when I was going NW. I'M TERRIFIED. I wake up my cousin and she helps me freak out and get the taxi number

FORTUNATE: A taxi comes by and agrees to take me homeward, to where my car is parked. This is at 2.45 and his shift ends at 3am. He will be late and he said he has to pay a fee because someone else will be waiting to pick up the taxi. But he says he couldn't bear to leave me on the street. Sometimes taxi drivers are considerate!

PYSCHO: His driving! He went 80km/hr in 50-60 zones and GOD KNOWS how fast on the freeway. Even lamer because the Harbour Tunnel was closed for construction and we had to take the Harbour Bridge.

PAINFUL: Watching the Fare Calculator go forever upwards, plus the three tolls we had to pay. I estimate it was about 40 km? He dropped me a servo to get cash because there's a huge credit card fee, and the total bill is $116.80 - This is about how much I spend per week on food and going out, because I still live at home and I don't have a job right now D:
I told him I'd love to give him a huge tip for making him late and all, but I could barely afford that fee.

LAME: Walking back to my car and picking it up. Going home and collapsing in my bed.

APPOLOGIES: for the long post, but I hope it helped that I gave you mood cues.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2010, 17:50 by fatty »
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #442 on: 11 Feb 2010, 18:17 »

Hey guys. Didn't know whether to put this in the Sober thread, or the relationship thread, or where.

So, there's this dude who lives right next to me, we just recently started hanging out. He's a cool guy, and so are all of his friends that he's introduced.
He wants to hang out every day, almost. This has been a bit tiring. We don't smoke every day. Maybe once or twice a week.
So, we play Halo and smoke the weeds and stuff. Used to be, pot made it easier for me to relax and forget about stuff going on in my life. Recently though, it's just been augmenting my social fears.
So, like, there's the whole
     "We smoked yesterday, but I don't want to come over today, but crap, will that insult him, maybe he'll think I just like hanging out for the weed"
"Oh crap, I don't know his friend really well so I didn't know what to say really so I didn't contribute to the conversation like at all crap do they think I am trying to brush them off"
     "How often do I thank him for stuff, like I do not want to not thank him enough, but then I also don't want to thank him too much and him think I'm being all formal and like detached or something"
"Crap I have been feeling worse than usual emotionally / mentally lately and so I am probably not that cool of a dude to be hanging out with"

Etc. Basically, I've just been hella stressing and doubting myself and being depressed and weed is not being a kind mistress lately and I don't like it that I can't enjoy being high, and I don't like it that I WANT to get high. Anymore it just makes me think of all the bad stuff in my life and how I am wasting my life and wasting money on weed when I could be saving it for college (I don't buy weed very often so it is not that much money but still) and being disappointed in myself.

tl;dr "Abloo bla bloo"
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #443 on: 11 Feb 2010, 18:45 »

I went to George's cocktail party last night. 2 developments occurred there:

1. Sierra and I are apparently dating now. I know this for a few reasons, including her kissing me in the middle of a discussion about the nature of future hangouts, and the fact that she basically didn't give me the option of walking myself to my own house. Instead, we went to her apartment and stayed up until 9 this morning, talking about a bunch of stuff and listening to/making music (she plays a bit of guitar, a lot of keys, and she sings) and occasionally making out for no good reason. We then proceeded to pass out until 3 this afternoon.

2. The entire staff of the coffee shop were at George's party, and as the evening progressed and discussions were had, they were all rather vocal that they wanted to have me work with them at the store. And two of the three people who interviewed me were there, and they were actually the ones most vocal about it.

Everything I ever do conflicts with every other thing I ever do and damn it I just knew this was gonna happen. Separately, these pieces of news are great! Together, though, they are the perfect recipe for clusterfuck.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #444 on: 11 Feb 2010, 18:51 »

Patrick. Patrick...

EDIT: I'll make this a real post.

I made cookies today. They are tasty. Also had tasty pizza and watched the Sabres forget how to play hockey again. Now I'm watching Rachel Maddow and crushing so hard.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #445 on: 11 Feb 2010, 18:54 »

stuff

What are you talking about that's great, you got a job and a girl and your coworkers sound rad. I don't get why this is bad?

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #446 on: 11 Feb 2010, 19:12 »

because his brand new girlfriend is now also a brand new coworker that he is going to have to work with and see every day, which is a pretty potentially dangerous combination.

if this girl is as cool as you make her out to be, though, i'm sure things will be fine. just relax and let things happen. keep the pda to a minimum at work, try not to have sex in the employee bathroom too often. you know, the usual etiquette.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #447 on: 11 Feb 2010, 20:02 »

Patrick,

Jace I fixed your post

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #448 on: 11 Feb 2010, 20:10 »

everything Zingoleb posts in this thread

Xzibit

Yo Dawg I heard you like dawgs so we put a dawg in your dawg...

Edit: I totally bit off more than I could chew in terms of classes. It's been sorted out though, yay.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2010, 20:12 by Zombiedude »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #449 on: 11 Feb 2010, 20:16 »

hey I made out with a hot chick look I am so sexy also I totes got that job man that is cool oh no the girl works there and even though she is awesome this will ruin my life because everything ends poorly for me but man I am so cool look at me making out with this hot chick
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81   Go Up