THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887832 times)

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #650 on: 17 Feb 2010, 18:08 »

dear bloggy thread,

today i started my community service placement for my developmental psych class. apparently i am not supposed to talk about what i actually do during my placement or any of the people i work with? sup confidentiality agreements. well, i can say that i am working at a daycare place. can i say that it is a weird and overly pc place? i won't, just in case this is somehow traced back to me and i lose the job. hah. seriously though i am behind on my hours, i need 17.5 more.  i will be a good volunteer type lady.

alsoooo i keep thinking conversations occurring around are somehow related to me and my life when they're NOT.

someone get me a shrink to help with them pesky delusions of grandeur.  :wink:
oh wait, i am seeing one in may.  just for a more detailed follow-up re: A Thing That Happened Recently. btw: i have never been diagnosed with any of the following: schizophrenia, hypomania, bipolar disorder, depression, panic disorder, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder.

xoxoxo,
anna
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 18:12 by 20 jazz funk greats »
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #651 on: 17 Feb 2010, 18:09 »

I am thinking of taking up jogging too. But I would prefer to do it when it is evening and less people can see me.

I have a strong dislike for exersise, sweating in public, looking silly in public.

I can walk for a long time, but I'm a terrible jogger! Motivate me (and Jens) to do this, blog thread!
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #652 on: 17 Feb 2010, 18:17 »

Guys, on the side of the building I work in there's this crazy icicle formation that reaches from the top of the building to about 10 feet from the ground. (I think the building is 7 stories? 6 or 7.) It's CRAZY AWESOME. But the bad thing is the area it's in kind of has this rain-like nonsense going on, so there's water dripping everywhere and of course freezing all over the ground, but it's like 4 feet wide and still badass. But also bad thing is icicles around the building have been dropping off randomly so that will not be pretty when it falls, but luckily it's in an area that people don't go around very often. But still.

Snow in my yard is knee deep. Typically this time of year it's in the 40s. I do not like getting our yearly allotment of snow in a 2 week period. But my mom did get some commercial grade salt (and it's eco friendly!) and damn that stuff does wonders.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #653 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:06 »

I am purchasing a table for the house because our old one got taken!
After this we need chairs. Hmm.

Yay!

I will be happy to no longer be living in squalor.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #654 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:11 »

Well, technically the squalor will still be there, you'll just be above it rather than directly in the midst of it, what with the chairs.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #656 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:32 »

If the guys you are living with allow you, a dainty girl, to pick up all that furniture on your own, I say they should have their scrota repossessed. 

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #657 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:41 »

Well, technically the squalor will still be there, you'll just be above it rather than directly in the midst of it, what with the chairs.

Exactly. He'll no longer be living in squalor.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #658 on: 17 Feb 2010, 19:48 »

I am the one with the car! If I bring anyone with me they will take up valuable furniture space!

(However monetary donations are welcomed)
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2010, 21:00 by Lunchbox »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #659 on: 17 Feb 2010, 20:05 »

I am so tired :( But the essay is not finished, and by the time it is it will be too late to sleep or I won't be up in time for the supervision. Thankfully, once I'm back from the supervision at 11am I can sleep until perhaps 4pm.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #660 on: 17 Feb 2010, 23:03 »

guys I just went sledding with my boyfriend and the dog and it was the best ever oh my godddd

Did you go dogsledding?

My roommate is in Canada right now and he went dogsledding. I am hecka jealous.

I have also resolved to do a curling bonspiel when I'm in the Frozen North as well.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #661 on: 17 Feb 2010, 23:13 »

In three and a half hours I can go to bed. Time for a brisk walk in the cold air, I think!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #662 on: 18 Feb 2010, 00:38 »

Those look like nice chairs! Pretty similar to the ones that have been in my parents house forever. Reading about people buying furniture makes me anxious for this summer when I'll be renting a house with my friends and thinking about furniture myself. 

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #663 on: 18 Feb 2010, 00:54 »

I  was gonna say I don't care about nice, I just care about sturdy, but yeah, they were the nicest ones I could find for that cheap. $20 a piece! Not even ikea wooden chairs are that cheap!

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #664 on: 18 Feb 2010, 01:06 »

I am thinking of taking up jogging too. But I would prefer to do it when it is evening and less people can see me.

I have a strong dislike for exersise, sweating in public, looking silly in public.

I can walk for a long time, but I'm a terrible jogger! Motivate me (and Jens) to do this, blog thread!
Screw exercise.

I Socacise now.

This is what Soca sounds like.

EDIT::

Yeah, it's that time of year where I don't shut up about Caribbean mating season (Carnival Season).
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010, 01:14 by MrBlu »
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #665 on: 18 Feb 2010, 01:11 »

Guys, on the side of the building I work in there's this crazy icicle formation that reaches from the top of the building to about 10 feet from the ground. (I think the building is 7 stories? 6 or 7.) It's CRAZY AWESOME.

Can we have pictoral evidence? I'd like that.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #666 on: 18 Feb 2010, 03:00 »

Guys Home Depot is kindof bugging me now because I was supposed to go in and fill out paperwork, and I had to ditch some rad people to do it. Which was fine, except when I got there I waited an hour and nobody fucking showed up. And then some old dude came up, he wasn't even the person I was supposed to meet, and he was like "Oh yeah uh she isn't gonna be in today she got stuck in an interview" and I'm just like "Oh uh what" and he's like "Yeah call and reschedule d0gg" and I'm like "Oh alright thanks."

Left a message for the person I'm supposed to meet with, and then called my friends, who had all passed out finally (god, why do my friends like to stay awake for like 48 hours at a time). At that point I had nothing to do, so I went and chilled at Logan's and played Forza 3. Bought a BMW E36 M3 and tricked it to fuuuuuuuck, then raced some punk bitches and won hella credz and a rad car that I will never drive in this game ever.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #667 on: 18 Feb 2010, 05:22 »

guys I just went sledding with my boyfriend and the dog and it was the best ever oh my godddd

Did you go dogsledding?

My roommate is in Canada right now and he went dogsledding. I am hecka jealous.

I have also resolved to do a curling bonspiel when I'm in the Frozen North as well.

It kind of was. His dog will hop in your lap and wants to go down the hill with you. We've gotten her own sled since, she loves it, we'll carry it up to the top of the hill and she jump on it and ride it all the way down. but she still prefers to go down in your lap.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #668 on: 18 Feb 2010, 05:31 »

I'm incredibly frustrated.

I am taking a first year film course and my instructor is more or less incompetent. I quite like him as a person because I think he's a sweet guy but he has no idea how to run a class. This is his first year teaching a non-young offender class, so he's never taught the university level. Anyhow the frustration comes from this final project that we have. As our final project we're supposed to make a short film. Now this wouldn't have been a problem if we had started the filming and editting sooner, but he's more or less given us 3 hours filming time(for a 20 minute short) and two days editting time, because he has pushed the time to the very last day, this is literally my final 'real' day of class and we aren't even halfway through filming. I should go to this class RIGHT NOW but I am having a hard time making myself because I know that he will just stand there for two hours telling us how it's REALLY IMPORTANT we do this as quickly as possible. I am also feeling very ill and have an important essay for a (real)class, that I would rather be working on. However, I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt and actually go to this class, even though I feel like it will be a huge waste of time and we won't get this finished.

rrr
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #669 on: 18 Feb 2010, 07:46 »

Look what I got working this morning:
http://vimeo.com/9494080

The tracking still isn't perfect, but that's a trivial problem compared to getting the camera view and 3D graphics rendering properly. I've been working on this AR technology for months and I've almost got everything working!

I accidentally deleted the AR video when I meant to replace it this morning, so the URL has changed slightly:
http://www.vimeo.com/9550297

Last night I perfected the tracking, it's pretty sweet. Just some little corrections I had to make when multiplying the data.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #670 on: 18 Feb 2010, 07:56 »

ARGH today might be the day everything comes crashing down around my ears.

I got four hours' sleep and then got woken by a phone call asking me to do something - it isn't too complicated but it means I can't go back to sleep until tonight and I am so tired I just want to lie down on the floor. But waking up and checking my email presented me with a massive problem - my Summer Camp USA interview is at 10.30 on the 28th and will last 20-30 minutes. I absolutely, vitally have to be on a bus to Oxford at 11.06 and the bus stop is fifteen minutes' walk away from the interview venue. There is no way on earth that I'm going to make it. I've emailed the Summer Camp people asking to change and my mum who is here the day before begging her to stay an extra night and then drive me to the bus stop (she can't drive me to Oxford, it is 120 miles in the wrong direction) but even then I might not make it.

I really, really do not want to give up the opportunity of working in the summer for one ice hockey game that I probably won't even be playing in but it is looking as though I have to - I have spent the entire year working and training in order to be there for Varsity, it is the most important thing in my life (not wanting to sound too much like a thirteen year old who has just had her first breakup, but it really is).

WHAT DO I DO I JUST WANT TO CRAWL INTO BED AND SLEEP UNTIL MARCH

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #671 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:24 »

Hey you guys. You're all young and healthy and spring is on it's way and life is fucking good.

Sack up.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #672 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:25 »

I have a cold.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #673 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:26 »

My part of the world actually does not have spring. I won't see tshirt weather til late june fuck you Gene.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #674 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:41 »

So, on Tuesday, I walked over to this restaurant where my aunt and uncle had eaten on saturday. One of the waitresses they knew was talking to them and said a job might be opening. So I walked over and the guy I was supposed to talk to wasn't there. I head home and decide to go back the next day. So I start walking over on wednesday and my right heel hurts. I can tell its a blister. I go a bit further, but then decide to turn back because I shouldn't walk a mile and a half with a blister on my heel. I get home and bandaid it up. Try to put shoes on, still hurts. So I work around the house, figure I can go on thursday. Today is thursday. I am sitting in the kitchen with two bandaids and three pair of socks on (one pair are even heavy socks). I made it halfway down the long driveway before having to stop every few steps because my heel hurt.
This is why I never wear boots, because I always get blisters when I walk around in boots. I walked like 7 miles on saturday in chucks and didn't get any blisters. I walk like 3 miles in boots? Blister.
Man, fuck boots.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #675 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:43 »

It is because you have bad boots and/or they do not fit you.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #676 on: 18 Feb 2010, 09:52 »

The boots are pretty good quality, I'd say, not top of the line, but I didn't find them in a trash can. And they fit pretty well, at least, they did when I had them in arizona.
Also this is something that has been happening since I was like 10 and my parents would always buy me hiking boots instead of goddamn sneakers.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #677 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:14 »

Oh my god rage, so I told you guys about this prof I have so he is so stupid and there is a chance no one in this class is going to get credit for the course because he fucked up and didn't realize we're required to have an exam and holy shit.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #678 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:29 »

In his defense, that's pretty fucked up.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #679 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:30 »

blisters

are the blisters at the back of your feet, like above the heel? i get blisters there all the time when i wear boots. i find that when i put insoles in there it seems to solve the problem a good 95% of the time because it elevates my heel above the blister-y area and stops the chafing. you could try that i guess.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #680 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:31 »

Joe, do you mean a required exam/final project or that no one in his class might get a credit for his class.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #681 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:32 »

I meant more like I am not defending him at all.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #682 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:44 »

I am pretty upset because without a credit for this course I'm not permitted to take any other film courses at my university :c
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #683 on: 18 Feb 2010, 11:57 »

Oh wait so either a final project or exam? I could see not bothering with a final exam in a film production class, but no final project?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #684 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:03 »

we were supposed to finish filming our final project today but he said that we didn't have to because he had an appointment at 10 (the class isn't over til 1).

More or less he tried a final project but then didn't give us enough time and has spent more time telling us to watch out for cars in the road and being on his cellphone than letting us actually film. Today was our last chance to finish it and he cut the class three hours early.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #685 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:10 »

er, can't you just finish your film anyway? Do you have to work on it in class?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #686 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:20 »

We only have access to his camera and equipment. It's a half semester credit too so my last class was uh, today.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #687 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:21 »

Don't you have a place to rent the equipment?

My friend goes to Columbia College Chicago, and I'm pretty sure they did most of their filming for their short films out of class.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #688 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:25 »

It's a first year course, I have to take, and do well in this course to be allowed to rent the equipment. This is a foundation course.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #689 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:28 »

These are all his first year classes as well. Thats strange.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #690 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:29 »

they let people who have otherwise never touched a video camera use 10 000 dollar cameras?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #691 on: 18 Feb 2010, 12:56 »

I'm fairly certain they have to have a note from a teacher and maybe put down a deposit of some sort. Not really sure.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #692 on: 18 Feb 2010, 13:10 »

Every school is different in how it invests in equipment, plus it's not like every camera is a $10,000 pro-level 3CCD camcorder. Most schools seem to invest in just one or two really high-end cameras for advanced students to use, and then a pile of consumer handhelds for intro students. It sounds like the film/video department at andy's school is fairly small though.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010, 13:12 by jhocking »

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #693 on: 18 Feb 2010, 13:17 »

We have a pretty big availability for video students, but that's the multimedia/installation place thinger, not the film program. They're kept pretty separate, in those courses more or less all the cameras rented out are the big fancy smancy ones which is why FNDN level aren't allowed to have them
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #694 on: 18 Feb 2010, 13:28 »

Hey guys I have just realized I am not a very patient person when it comes to employers getting back to me on shit. And you know what? Quite frankly, why the fuck should I be? The dude at the coffee shop keeps promising to call, but never fucking does, and he's the only person I've talked to there who hasn't followed through on his promises. It's been almost a whole business week since I was supposed to hear from him. Then Home Depot keeps taking fucking forever to do anything, which is hella bullshit. I wasted 2 hours of my time yesterday getting to and from that fuckin' joint because the person I needed to meet wasn't there.

I'm also starting to be very impatient in my personal life. The Girl is bugging me 'cause she keeps inviting me to shit and then ditching me before I even arrive or not even talking to me at all once I get there, and yet she still says she is interested in me. I am not really buying it anymore at this point. Most of my friends have been exceptionally flaky about hangouts too, so when I went out in front of the coffee shop Monday morning hella early and played guitar all day until hella late, it was me saying "Fuck you, friends, I'm going to find new people to hang out with, or at least make money with my time instead of wasting it trying to hang out with you."

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I just shouldn't be friendly to anybody anymore, it's really pissing me off that nobody seems to think I matter for anything. Not a single fucking person has been treating me like I matter so why the fuck should I continue to do it for them? Just let them come to me if they feel like goddamn socializing, and only if they can sweeten the pot by making it more convenient for me (read: fucking pick me up or just not hang out with me). The majority of them have been pretty goddamn selfish in that regard and I've been as accomodating as possible for every last one of them.

Then again maybe I actually did have a concussion the other day and it's manifesting itself by making me irritable, but the more I think about this shit, the less I think that's the case. 'Cause man, I let myself get walked on pretty hardcore by basically everybody I know.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #695 on: 18 Feb 2010, 13:59 »

are the blisters at the back of your feet, like above the heel?
Yes.
i get blisters there all the time when i wear boots. i find that when i put insoles in there it seems to solve the problem a good 95% of the time because it elevates my heel above the blister-y area and stops the chafing. you could try that i guess.

I talked to my mom today and she said that I should try getting some heel insoles because, like my nana, I probably have narrow heels. I can't afford insoles though, so my mom told me to fold up one of my smaller socks and use that.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #696 on: 18 Feb 2010, 14:18 »

I love my Doc Martens and never get blisters with them, or sore toes or nuthin'. I would wear them all the time if it wasn't summer and they weren't pinky-red and long. I get blisters whenever I wear goddamn flats, though. Almost every pair of flats I have give me blisters on the back of my foot where the back of the shoe ends, so I have taken to just putting band-aids on that spot whenever I wear flats. Annoying, but necessary, I guess.

Blog! I bought a watch yesterday! It was $140 and not quite what I wanted, but still is lovely. I also bought some padded bras which make my boobs look pretty tops, and a new shirt (for $10!) that I am going to wear tonight when dealing with ben's family. His brother wants us to do karaoke.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #697 on: 18 Feb 2010, 14:44 »

Ah, I thought you meant blisters on the base of your heel, which is where I got one from my new boots. I had to cut and drain it because I couldn't put any pressure on it but it wasn't the kind that was going to burst. Yeah, insoles are the way forwards and they're incredibly cheap, I got a pair for £2.50.

It's been a weird, disjointed day in which I have got changed five times and been to bed three times (none of them at night), and eaten a lot of toast and not much else. I think our moot tomorrow is going to go really well - I just read through the opposing team's argument and it is based on a lot of optimistic legal fallacy and not much else.

And a girl on my corridor got a mouse! It is cute and its name is Stilton. That's the good thing about living in the farthest building away from anywhere, it's possible to have illegal pets. I know of at least three. None of them are cats though :(

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #698 on: 18 Feb 2010, 16:37 »

So I got kicked off of polevaulting today. After one day. Apparently the coach assumed I was a Freshman or a Sophomore, which is why I was allowed on the team; but when he found out i'm a Junior, he had to kick me off because our school's polevaulting team only has varsity level, and it takes a year to learn how to vault at that height (which is 12 feet i think). After three years, I finally find one thing at my school that I actually enjoy, and then I get kicked off after one day; oh, and because I still need another semester of P.E. credit (one of the reasons I wanted to join polevaulting) I have to go back to normal P.E. in which I don't have any friends, while I think about my track friends having fun flying 12 feet in the air upside-down.

Yay.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #699 on: 18 Feb 2010, 17:13 »

I typed this up like three hours ago then my internet crapped out, but,

All mah winter boots are sized enough to fit my foot plus a wool sock, so I used to get that problem too, when my foot drifts up and down too much in the boot. The insole is a good idea, but all I had to do was lace them tighter when wearing regular socks. Maybe you could try that?

Patrick, dog, I am going to be harsh here and say maybe the problem is you? Like, I'm not trying to shit on you but you have lots of complaints, it seems, about people problems where people don't like or appreciate you. I do not know the situation I do not know the people, but, like, look back over all your times with these 'friends' and try and think if you've been reliably a good person to be around.
Jeph's advice on posting here, or anywhere, was "Is this something someone else would want to read", and I used to take that to heart a lot. Obviously, I think of that less so now because often I'm just making silly conversational remarks to people I know, but you can apply that sentiment to real life. Are you saying things these people enjoy hearing? Are you stimulating and enjoyable to be around? Do you hang around them too much? Are you coming on too strong? Do you make jokes or say things you think are funny, but they just give a light chuckle and disregard? There are lots of possible reasons for why you keep seeming to be having bad things with people, and you are a common element to these problems. Self examination is really useful. I personally found it really irritating when people would hang around my place of work all the time if they kept using the same shtick and jokes and kept asking 'so when are you hiring' all the time. Some of our regulars were great people and I keep in touch with them to this day, some of them I had no time for and if I met them on the street I might just tell them to fuck off if they tried to engage me in conversation, though I always was polite & quiet to them at work.
Like, what I am saying is, look back over yourself because even if they are all dicks and you are a paragon of humanity, reflection is super useful and maybe you will learn some stuff.
Also, in times of slow business (winter time) sometimes bosses do take time to get around to you because they presently have staff and don't want to spend more money right now. Alternatively, running a business can be a bunch of work, so maybe the problem there is that the people don't have time or aren't organized enough to train you right now, and maybe fortunes will be better in a week. Don't get angry or arrogant with them though, life is tough for everybody a lot of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81   Go Up