THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887845 times)

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #700 on: 18 Feb 2010, 17:51 »

Hey guys, if you are ever having a bad day get your partner to learn and/or do yoga often, then they will do it in front of you and you'll feel happier.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #701 on: 18 Feb 2010, 19:09 »

Hola Blog thread,

Today was a really nice day. We are hosting a Tobots competition at our school, and people are so nice there and I brought my Wii to school, and we had a massive game party with other schools and it was incredibly fun.

Woo!,
Anthony
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #702 on: 18 Feb 2010, 19:36 »

My solution for boots is wearing really thick socks. If my foot can't slide around, I'm good. I've got two pairs - my snow boots which I've had for about 10 years and the boots I got a few months ago. The former are similar to work boots and after having them so long (but not really heavily worn), they're quite comfy and still have good traction and I can wear just about whatever socks with them. The newer ones are a bit looser, so I can only wear them with really thick socks or I get blisters on the sole of my foot near my big toe. Anything that keeps your foot from moving around in your shoe, thick socks or insoles, helps prevent blisters. If your socks are thinner, you could just wear two pairs I guess.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #703 on: 18 Feb 2010, 19:48 »

I personally found it really irritating when people would hang around my place of work all the time if they kept using the same shtick and jokes and kept asking 'so when are you hiring' all the time.

This isn't what I've been doing at all! I just chill there 'cause I've got plenty of time to kill, and it's not even inside. I'll just be seeing old friends I went to school with when I hang out outside the coffee shop. When I hang out with the people who work there, it's at their invitation only, and I never once mentioned having applied there. I tried to keep it hidden until my friend George spilled the beans. They're the ones who kept saying "Man it would be awesome if you wound up working with us" and I would just be like "Uhhhh I am not really down with this subject, sorry guys but thank you!" And as for the self-reflection thing, I've been super careful lately to not be stupid or an asshole or make shitty jokes. I learned a lot of important lessons in Sitka, all of them dealing with how much better I could do anything ever. And I watch around every corner to make sure I'm not fucking things up in the same old ways I always have.

Maybe I am just failing. Probably. I am goddamn clueless about pretty much everything.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #704 on: 18 Feb 2010, 20:08 »

Andy, every time you say partner, all I think about is you and a dude dressed as cowboys.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #705 on: 18 Feb 2010, 20:21 »

So after long ass days of being 'on' training people Ive spent an extra 5ish hours at my old place cleaning since my piece of shit former roommate fucked me by not paying rent since Oct and technically he and I can be on the hook for rent til November. So after I moved out, I wanted to leave it clean to give the land lord a better impression of me. Part of my actually taking care of shit, which I am not known for but have been doing amazing at ever since I came back from cherry picking in BC for the summer.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #706 on: 18 Feb 2010, 21:38 »

I have to watch a week and a half's worth of Daily Show/Colbert today to catch up because this is just getting ridiculous and I am filling up the HDR with my unwatched stuff
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #707 on: 19 Feb 2010, 02:39 »

I think our moot tomorrow is going to go really well - I just read through the opposing team's argument and it is based on a lot of optimistic legal fallacy and not much else.
Remember, if it feels like the lecturer/judge is giving you a really hard time then it means that you are doing well. It's when they ask really easy questions that you should be concerned.

Mooting is fun.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #708 on: 19 Feb 2010, 03:29 »

I think it went ok! They ripped us all to pieces but the respondents backed themselves into a corner whereas we held our ground reasonably well. We haven't had any results yet but I'm not ruling out the possibility of having won. I enjoyed it but I won't choose to do it again.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #709 on: 19 Feb 2010, 07:21 »

I have to watch a week and a half's worth of Daily Show/Colbert today to catch up because this is just getting ridiculous and I am filling up the HDR with my unwatched stuff
:x this weeks episodes are not online on their website and it is making me mad

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #710 on: 19 Feb 2010, 07:26 »

It's because they've all been reruns, despite the fact that the TV listings show them as new.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #711 on: 19 Feb 2010, 10:51 »

:x :x :x

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #712 on: 19 Feb 2010, 12:18 »

Dude, seriously!

I recognize that this is a First World Problem but before I had DVR, there was fucking nothing to watch. Now that I have DVR, it's always 96% full and I never watch TV.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #713 on: 19 Feb 2010, 13:08 »

My brother appears to have misplaced every single one of the movies i kept at my mom's house except Star Wars Episode 2
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #714 on: 19 Feb 2010, 13:38 »

That is the worst movie not to misplace ever.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #715 on: 19 Feb 2010, 13:45 »

What about Episode 1?
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #716 on: 19 Feb 2010, 13:56 »

2 is worse than 1.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #717 on: 19 Feb 2010, 13:58 »

so today i talked to an Internet Person (not any of you guys! someone i uh may have met in real life first, and had a bit of a thing for. ) on the phone for like an hour straight, and man, it was AWESOME. but i'm probably blushing so hard right now. it wasn't even a sexy conversation at all. wtf. i am 14 at heart.  (and not his actual girlfriend)

but i don't even care, i'm just happy we are talking on a regular basis. i actually have no time to date anyone at the moment. whatevs.

love,
me
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2010, 14:10 by 20 jazz funk greats »
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #718 on: 19 Feb 2010, 14:52 »

Will I ever stop having a powerful desire to watch Mister Rogers' Neighborhood when I'm sick?

(If not, that's okay, I guess.)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #719 on: 19 Feb 2010, 15:14 »

So it looks like 4 or 5 months into this whole blogging thing has landed me a part-time position reviewing albums for a local rag. $15 a pop bitches.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #720 on: 19 Feb 2010, 15:42 »

Congrats!  You realize you have to crosspost your articles here right?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #721 on: 19 Feb 2010, 15:47 »

Yeah, okay. It's going to be local stuff mostly, I think. Plus I could use some protips on how to write good, because at this point I've only really been writing about music I think is awesome.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #722 on: 19 Feb 2010, 15:59 »

I'd be happy to contribute my humble worthless opinions, as would, I am sure, other folks on this forum be inclined to contribute as well.  The first rule of good writing is to make it clear and concise.  Basically, the opposite of how I write.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #723 on: 19 Feb 2010, 15:59 »

Fuckin best mood! After hell week doing training at work and spending an extra 4+ hours each evening cleaning my old house (horrible!) the last two days I am done. I dont have to clean, dont have to train dont have to nothin!

Girl I like and I are meeting up to pre-drink some wine before going to my BFFs DJ gig at a club called Vinyl tonight were I can get my freak on. All I hope is that I dont run out of gas too early as I am fucking wiped from this week. Def drinking Rockstar #3 to tide me over until dancing + booze energizes me.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #724 on: 19 Feb 2010, 17:46 »

Speaking of exercise (which we were doing a few pages ago anyway but I am behind in the times) it turns out then once you are no longer Fresh meat in derby they work your ass off.  Suicide drills, push up, sit ups, army crawling (all in skates mind you).  It's good for me but holy jesus it is HARD WORK.  I am sore for days after training now!

I am also sad because I can't ft into half my clothes now because I have got a muscular but and thighs now. WAH I MISS MY JEANS I USED TO BE ABLE TO COMFORTABLY WEEAAAR.  The worst loss is a dress I got in Bath with Roddy that I only wore once and now I can't get it over my giant (but toned) butt. WAH.  Oh and that awesome cherry wiggle dress I got from pinupgirlclothing?  Yeah, can't wear that now or it looks like I have a shelf where my butt should be.

Derby is fun and I love it but I do miss being slightly more petite.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #725 on: 19 Feb 2010, 17:52 »

My name is Patrick and I drink pee lol

Sincerely, Christophe
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #726 on: 19 Feb 2010, 18:20 »

There is a good chance that they will move my job interview on Varsity day  8-) And if I end up having to catch the bus an hour later, that's ok too. All that worrying for nothing!

Tonight's game didn't go well, we weren't playing our best and we lost. They were a better team but not that much better. I had a bit of a mope to my captain about not being able to play in defence (actually more of an advice-seeking about why she didn't want me to play D) and she was very nice and very tactful but basically I'm not good enough. It's so frustrating because I try so hard but I'm still not getting good. No matter how much they tell me that I'm improving really fast, I still watch other rookies, some of whom I know can't skate as well as I do, being put onto higher lines than I am and feel really jealous and miserable.

On the plus side I realised this evening with a bit of a jolt that it is the weekend tomorrow! It is ballet weekend; normal class tomorrow then five hour rehearsal on Sunday. I love ballet :)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #727 on: 19 Feb 2010, 18:41 »

What about Episode 1?

I am not the kind of man who would buy Episode 1.

In more positive news, some days i really love my city. Today for example. Our city buses have little tvs where they show informational clips on shit about the city, current news, entertainment stuff and the like. Today I was riding the bus at peak hour when a 6 minute story about japanese experimental outfit Boredoms started showing, promoting their appearance at a concert in mexico city. For 6 minutes today all city buses played Boredoms and showed clips consisted mainly of Yamantaka eYe doing crazy stuff. It was immediately followed by a funny clip of a small child breakdancing.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

nobo

« Reply #728 on: 19 Feb 2010, 19:42 »

I am also sad because I can't ft into half my clothes now because I have got a muscular but and thighs now.

haha, you're partway there. Wait until you start buying pants by how they feel around your thighs rather than at the waist.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #729 on: 19 Feb 2010, 19:43 »

Jodie you better show that giant muscled ass off. I'd give anything to have a toned butt.

I went to Ikea at 10am on my way home from the boy's - unshowered and tired and unmakeuped and unteethbrushed even , wearing all yesterday's clothes - and of course one my workmates and his family were there and stopped to chat.
Anyway now I have a new desk and chair! I am heck of excited.
Except I haven't sold my old desk and chair yet. And I have handful of blisters from screwdrivers and allen keys.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #730 on: 19 Feb 2010, 19:44 »

In life related new I could easily get a jorb soon.

yay
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #731 on: 19 Feb 2010, 20:46 »

Guys, curling is amazing. It is the only sport I can ever get excited about. I don't understand it. Why is it so amazing?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Reed

« Reply #732 on: 19 Feb 2010, 20:50 »

Because it's women pushing brooms?
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #733 on: 19 Feb 2010, 20:57 »

hardy har har har.

Men do it too.

It's like chess. You gotta hella plan your shit. It's insane. I love it.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #734 on: 19 Feb 2010, 21:29 »

It's like darts on ice.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #735 on: 19 Feb 2010, 21:47 »

Wow I've had an off day. Too tired to complain about it. bsl;hsjadfjgahgfdhdf
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #736 on: 19 Feb 2010, 22:37 »

Men do it too.

Yeah but women's curling is way more fun to watch because of Eve Muirhead.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #737 on: 19 Feb 2010, 22:37 »

I would watch her bend over all day long.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #738 on: 19 Feb 2010, 22:38 »

Because she is attractive, gettit

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #739 on: 19 Feb 2010, 22:39 »

I decided cleaning my apartment while drunk would be a good idea, as doing everything when drunk is more fun but all i've done is gotten drunk. and clicked "loved" on like four boredoms tracks on last.fm

What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #740 on: 19 Feb 2010, 22:46 »

I just used my webcam as a mirror to straighten my hair. It was good, I got to sit down.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #741 on: 19 Feb 2010, 23:26 »

Oh fucking shits my head is killing me why did I organise to go out tonight I just wanna stay home and get a decent night's sleep for once This is why I'm never responsible for organising anything because then I can't bail

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #742 on: 20 Feb 2010, 02:18 »

Hey guys guess what band I just saw

Here is a hint

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #743 on: 20 Feb 2010, 02:58 »

lucky you.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #744 on: 20 Feb 2010, 03:34 »

Jodie you better show that giant muscled ass off. I'd give anything to have a toned butt.

I am all out of proportion now. What kind of normal person is size 6 top and size 10 (in jeans at least) on the bottom.  It is upsetting!  I have never been bigger than a size 8 in my LIFE.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #745 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:41 »

What kind of normal person is size 6 top and size 10 (in jeans at least) on the bottom.

hey
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2010, 04:43 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #746 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:47 »

Perfectly normal people! In my case the ratio is reversed but there's nothing abnormal about being out of proportion.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #747 on: 20 Feb 2010, 05:01 »

Hi Tania <3

(You are not really a normal person, you are a totally awesome person though!)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #748 on: 20 Feb 2010, 05:19 »

Last night I went and saw British Sea Power (awesome show, very happy) and while I was waiting for them to come on I was reading a book because I'm not too proud to be Johnny No-friends at a gig. Anyway I was reading the Darwin Poems by Emily Ballou, and in particular I was reading a poem entitled "Is This Not Our House?", and by pure coincidence at exactly the same time the house music in the venue I was standing in switched to "Two Doves" by Dirty Projectors, and let me just say the cumulative effect was rather flooring. Here, see if you can reproduce the beautiful experience:

Cue music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmmy9Q0bMGo

Read poem:

I found its empty rooms
not quite empty -
the loose ends of other lives,
the odd yellow curtains, the odd
blue walls, the dead dog in the garden
which I removed, but not without first
trying to ascertain
what had killed it.

The drawing room
where we'll draw
out the happy geese
of mutual speech, the circling
of my feet there on rainy days.
There's more light
at the back, more quiet
in this part of town
& I shall hear you better
than I can from here.

The black sparrows I watch in the garden,
the melting snow,
the mahogany piano,
the clanging pots & pans,
the drawers of shells I carefully carry
in by hand, the new white curtains,
the whistle of Euston Station,
the cook caught for 14 pounds
& 14 shillings with tea & sugar,
the ever black soot in the sky,
our neighbour, the Shakespearean clown, two doors down,
the rooms red & green as if painted by parrots,
& my specimen museum
in the front attic, creature-beasts
like private gargoyles crouching
above our church, the mews at the back
where coachmen sing.

Sometimes we'll eat walnut pickle & stewed pear
& sometimes muffin pudding.

Is this not our house
where you & I lie in our still
mysteriously perfect bodies
where you play your long fingers
over the chords of my skin.
Is this not the house
you will humanise me in?
Outside, the December wind
howls as if to knock us down.
Inside, we will huddle
the fire near, nights like this,
all the nights of our green green life.

Your buttered eggs on toast,
your broth, hot and brown, brought
to me on the sofa when I am sick,
your footsteps on the stairs,
a long chestnut strand of your hair
on my pillow, the drip
of your pen across
rough paper, your kiss,
your voice in the kitchen with the cook
you will sack, 'too cute', the way you look
as you scold me, while laughing.

And when on our first night we drew
the awful curtains in the windows
of our terraced house closed
I could only hear
your breath
shallow as I stepped closer, I couldn't
get close enough
quick enough.

I don't care
if the floors are hardened mud
or the windows without glass
or if our chairs are carved from the roughest wood
& the bed sags in the middle
as long as you are there with me my Em,
as long as you are there.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2010, 05:59 by Inlander »

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #749 on: 20 Feb 2010, 06:23 »

Ok so blog thread!

I have been celebrating all week because my girlfriend got a promotion at work. She is now the manager at the hair salon she works at in the city. It is super swanky and all her clients are bankers and lawyers and barristers and stuff. This is pretty big because getting promoted to manager at 21 is a pretty big deal and just goes to show how hard she works and how good at this stuff she is, I'm really really proud of her.

That said, I feel kind of bad because while her career really seems to be taking off, mine is kind of not doing anything. It's not that I'm jealous of her or anything, it's just that I feel like I should be doing well too so that she can be as proud of me as I am of her. Kind of like I'm letting her down by not doing anything. At the very least I know that she's sad that my job makes me so depressed all the time. I am looking for a different, not shitty job but it's difficult when nowhere is hiring. Hopefully I'll have some better luck in March when all the students have gone back to uni.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81   Go Up