THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887789 times)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #850 on: 24 Feb 2010, 10:16 »

It's not the same but if you want to compromise, you could try online courses or see if the local library has any books. German is certainly something you can start to learn alone, and if you like it then it'll be worth making the trek.

I just cleaned out the mouse cage! But I've discovered I forgot to buy any sawdust, so I've given her lots of paper and hay and I'm hoping it'll do for now. Tomorrow the ball I bought for her to run in should arrive, so she won't be so bored, and if I have time I will go and look for a shop that is not a designer clothes shop or a posh stationers' or a coffee shop (it might be a difficult ask). I also need a carrycage that's big and secure enough for her to be happy in whilst I clean out the main cage, and a little dish for food - at the moment it is strewn across the floor. Some toys would be nice too but that can wait, she's still having a good time with the twigs and things.

This feels like too much responsibility. All the time I was washing out the cage I was worried she would escape from the box inside a box I had put her in - I even had to go back and check that she was still ok.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Zingoleb

« Reply #851 on: 24 Feb 2010, 10:30 »

Oh, I am, but it is easier for me to learn from someone talking, and I'm back on my restricted internet so doing things like youtube or video is kind of out of the question. I pick up things here and there, which isn't so much an attempt to learn but to provide a bit of a backdrop when I start formally learning.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #852 on: 24 Feb 2010, 14:48 »

Oh man.

Snow day for the gym today.

Looks like walking to work is the only exercise I will get today.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #853 on: 24 Feb 2010, 14:56 »

May mice are the best pets! I used to keep mice before I got a kitty.

Be careful with sawdust because it can make them itchy (it caused one of my mice to scratch his head till it bled through and it never healed). I was recommended recylcled paper cat litter from my pet shop and it worked a treat, it is also really easy to clean as it doesn't break up so much and leave dust like sawdust does.

You don't really need to buy toys, as they are usually really happy with bits of stick and contraptions made of cardboard - give her a bunch of toilet roll tubes, some crumpled paper and a running wheel (use cooking oil on the spinning parts so they don't make noise) and she will be the happiest mouse ever!

Dear blag thread, I have been with my boyfriend 8 months! I am pretty proud and this is such an awesome and wonderful relationship.
Here is a bonus picture of us looking silly.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #854 on: 24 Feb 2010, 15:06 »

Look at his beard.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #855 on: 24 Feb 2010, 15:07 »

Job interview tomorrow! I'm not as nervous as I expected I would be, I guess maybe because I kind of don't think I have a chance, so I'll just go in there, do my best and try to remain calm and collected and not too shy, and then see how it goes? If nothing else, I'll finally have been to a job interview! And if/when they let me know I didn't get it, I can always ask what ended up being the deciding factor and then try to improve? I dunno, I'll probably get ridiculously nervous right before going there tomorrow :/

Also, the concept of "snow day" always sort of makes me laugh, up until I think about what a fucking chaos certain cities here get when there's snow, and we live in fucking Norway, some snow should be expected.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #856 on: 24 Feb 2010, 15:42 »

however the above poster is a wonderful counter-example
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #858 on: 24 Feb 2010, 16:26 »

Blaggy,

So I've decided to take up doing portraits and figure drawing because it's always fascinated me more than other forms of drawing and I should stop being lazy and actually draw rather than doodle.

Local colleges actually offer no art classes on the form. Neither do they offer classes on how to speak German. The most they offer is introduction to visual arts, which is something I've already done several times through school. Dang, I'm going to have to travel, like, out of the county.
http://gekos.no/art/index.php/component/option,com_idoblog/Itemid,60/id,68/task,viewpost/
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #859 on: 24 Feb 2010, 16:33 »

Ed, livemocha.com will teach you German, and that shit is free. Learn proper written German there and it'll at least give you a foundation to possibly test into a higher class than "Beginning German" or whatever. Site is HELLA legittttt

I'm the guitarist in an all-black Baptist gospel choir in Oakland now
Oh my God Patrick this is so fucking cool

These two sentences are the same exact sentences that keep running through my brain at all times in an endless loop. Right now I am just practicing. I always sorta wanted to do hella rad gospel stuff in a good and proper gospel band, I've always had a lot of respect for good gospel musicians growing up. The rhythm sections play so fucking tight, always blew my mind growing up.

And contemporary gospel isn't a style I've ever been familiar with at all, really, so I'm really glad I made a good enough impression on the band to have them just be like "Oh, yeah dude, you're totally welcome to join us, let's get you the click tracks to play along to and we'll get you up to speed with us, and if you're confident you're ready, then you can join us for the big show we're playing in L.A. in a week and a half." Just like that, bam, I'm invited to play in a major show, HELLA short notice.

I'm probably gonna wind up going to the show and talking to some famous gospel musician 'cause I'll have enjoyed their performance, and then my new bandmates will be like "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO THAT WAS?!!!" and I'll be like "Uh no who was that" and they'll be like "THAT WAS _____ _______, THE FAMOUS GOSPEL (instrument) PLAYER" and I'll be like "Oh rad" and still have no idea what the fuck is going on.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #860 on: 24 Feb 2010, 17:09 »

Bitches I gots the wi-fi! I am writing this from my bed!
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Zingoleb

« Reply #861 on: 24 Feb 2010, 17:20 »

Oh man thanks both of you guys, I'm going to look into those later when I get the chance

Except you Nick, fuck you

(I don't mean that)

Edit: Whoa, pagebreak. I also just realized that "Fuck you Nick" sounds a lot like "Fuck eunuchs".
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2010, 17:28 by Zingoleb »

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #862 on: 24 Feb 2010, 17:48 »

Man, I am reading a book entitled Women and Gender in Islam right now for a feminism class I'm taking and it's so hard to understand. It's essentially like reading the Old Testament equivalent (I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS CALLED/IS?) of the Qu'ran. For someone who has basically no knowledge of Arabic, middle eastern history or the Islamic faith it's a tough-ass read. I've gotten through 7 pages in a hour. Granted, I am a slow reader but that's like turtle speed no matter which way you slice it. SUPER INTERESTING though, so I'm not too discouraged.
I like the way you work it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #863 on: 24 Feb 2010, 17:57 »

I am so jealous

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #864 on: 24 Feb 2010, 20:43 »

Fuck Autism

Mein Tumblr

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #865 on: 24 Feb 2010, 22:36 »

I just spent all day playing Lord of the Rings Risk for research for work.
I came second, I beat one of the directors, I am pretty happy with that.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #866 on: 24 Feb 2010, 22:45 »

LotR Risk > Risk

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #867 on: 25 Feb 2010, 01:54 »

I just spent all day playing Lord of the Rings Risk for research for work.
I came second, I beat one of the directors, I am pretty happy with that.
Oh no, now you're going to get fired because you showed them all up.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #868 on: 25 Feb 2010, 08:49 »

!!!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #869 on: 25 Feb 2010, 09:15 »

LotR Risk > Risk

Diplomacy > any version of Risk.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #870 on: 25 Feb 2010, 09:16 »

diplomacy 7.3 in starcraft?

too nerdy?

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #871 on: 25 Feb 2010, 10:44 »

so uh, i might record in spoon's studio for free

awesome!

LotR Risk > Risk

false!

Blog thread, today is my birthday: I have spent it implementing sha-1 (voluntarily) in a programming language (links) that is kinda shitty mainly because I was meant to be hanging out with my parents who are flying (ryanair) in today but their flight got delayed by 5 (five) hours because of the french (from France) strikes. So I spent today listening to Pavement, the Mountain Goats, and superchunk, but tonight I'm apparently going out to a 50s and 60s night with some people which should be cool. But I'm hungry now and kinda waiting for my parents to get dinner with.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Zingoleb

« Reply #872 on: 25 Feb 2010, 15:04 »

GUYS I FOUND A KITTEN

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #873 on: 25 Feb 2010, 15:41 »

So, my pathetic still kinda sick ass is watching True Life: I live Another Life on the Web. And there is this girl who plays shows(sings and plays guitar) on Second Life and can't get up the nerve to do it in real life.

And basically, I am so jealous of her. I can't even get the nerve to sing in front of my boyfriend(who, the one time I did sing in front of, told me how awesome I am). For truthins, all I want to do is sing. Lately, I've been wanting to get a ukulele just to play for fun and sing with, but not in front of people. And I've been slightly thinking of learning some songs, and then you know doing something incredible embarasing like making a video recording of myself singing and playing ukulele and putting it online and letting the internet judge me. But uh, for obvious reasons that is a terrible idea.

Sigh.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #875 on: 25 Feb 2010, 16:29 »

My feet really really hurt and my hair is almost completely solid (and I have mating plumage from having my fringe slicked back for so long). I had to stand in the lights for the duration of a general entry and fifteen FIFTEEN solos, smiling pleasantly and keeping all my weight on one leg while the other looked elegant. Ouch.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #876 on: 25 Feb 2010, 16:47 »

I feel obligated to make a joke about sex acts. I am going to resist the urge, but I want you to know how hard this is for me.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #877 on: 25 Feb 2010, 16:49 »

GUYS I FOUND A KITTEN

fuck yeah that is great!

I'm glad something good is finally happening to you, Zing, your life was starting to depress me.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #878 on: 25 Feb 2010, 17:10 »

Don't worry, the kitten will probably end up robbing him and all will be right with the world again.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #879 on: 25 Feb 2010, 17:16 »

His kitten will be the first kitten to discover the art of human speech.

It will do this whilst dying, and its first and last words will be to blame him for its death.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #880 on: 25 Feb 2010, 17:26 »

\singing and playing ukulele

You could totally do The Gooch

(Scrubs reference)
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #881 on: 25 Feb 2010, 17:38 »

GUYS THAT KITTEN I FOUND TURNED OUT TO BE AN ELDRITCH ABOMINATION AND NOW I AM GOING INSANE.

Zingoleb

« Reply #882 on: 25 Feb 2010, 19:09 »

no it is an adorable kitten and it follows me everywhere and cuddles me all the time

it also beat the shit out of my father's dog which was awesome

sean

• welp
« Reply #883 on: 25 Feb 2010, 19:37 »

blog thread ever feel like you are just straight up unhappy?

i think i am unhappy.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #884 on: 25 Feb 2010, 19:37 »

well, I could go to the emergency room, but the best one is like an hours drive, and that seems too costly for something that might be better tomorrow morning. I don't know. I'm afraid to drink water. I am going to try to wait it out, but if I'm not better by morning, I guess I'm going to go to the ER.

A couple years ago I endured a night with terrible stomach pains and vomiting, and in the morning it was still so bad that I went to the ER. I ended up waiting around for like two hours, then another hour of examination, and finally it turned out there was nothing specific wrong with me so I went home. The bill was for $6000, of which almost $2000 I had to pay because I'm a freelancer with high-deductible health insurance. fucking hell

Bitches I gots the wi-fi! I am writing this from my bed!

A couple weeks ago I was sitting on the couch watching Hulu on my laptop and I thought back to before I had wifi when I derisively remarked "what do I need with wireless in my apartment? So that I can move my computer ten feet from my desk to my couch? pfft"
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2010, 19:48 by jhocking »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #885 on: 25 Feb 2010, 19:47 »

The bill was for $6000, of which almost $2000 I had to pay because I'm a freelancer with high-deductible health insurance. fucking hell

And people say health reform is a bad thing.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #886 on: 25 Feb 2010, 20:09 »

Yes but I think we've been over this and decided that those people are either stupid idiots, evil fucks or stupid evil idiot fucks
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #887 on: 25 Feb 2010, 21:22 »

or unaware of how much they really rely on the government.

Mein Tumblr

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #888 on: 25 Feb 2010, 22:14 »

so i just realized that in exactly a month i am going to get my cal rejection letter

oh no

:[
it's time to stop posting

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #889 on: 25 Feb 2010, 22:28 »

Way to think positive.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #890 on: 25 Feb 2010, 22:30 »

come to uc merced

no, don't, unless there's a major here you want to take

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #891 on: 25 Feb 2010, 22:44 »

In 31 Days i am leaving to The Orient.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #892 on: 26 Feb 2010, 01:48 »

Hi bloggles!

I am on holidays!  Yay!  On Sunday the boy and I are going to Noosa for 5 days of fun and beach and pools and spas and alcoholic beverages and one year anniversary shenanigans!

My anniversary present came yesterday!  Now I have my shiny silver <3 ring and it totally rules.

I am excited except it is raining and my washing is on the line.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #893 on: 26 Feb 2010, 01:55 »

Dear blag,

Today was incredibly unproductive. I applied at Applebee's. Whoopeeeee Applebee's seirgjksiemrg what a fantastic career opportunity

Now, for some TMI. It will be in small text so's it's easier to skip over. Nothing truly disgusting, just some... issues I'm worried about.

I haven't actually felt any physical desire to get my bone on for just under a month and a half now, and it's starting to scare me a little bit. I don't know if it's health-related or if it's all just psychological bullshit or something, I really don't have a clue. All I know is that I've had to force myself to find some kind of erotica relevant to my personal tastes and get it over with, just because I have heard it is healthy or something? There's no actual urge to do any kind of sexual act, despite a few opportunities, and this has been going on for weeks, and I'm really starting to be quite scared of what it is that's making this happen. Whatever happened to that ridiculous insatiable libido I had not even six weeks ago? It's seriously GONE.

Okay gonna go to sleep now.

Love,
Me!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #894 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:09 »

Probably something to do with not having a job and the shitty situation with your step-mum. Various stressors in life can seriously impact one's sex drive. I wouldn't worry about it overly much.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #895 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:19 »

Jens I know your dad is a doctor but something tells me you are fucking with me

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #896 on: 26 Feb 2010, 02:33 »

No, it's true. WebMD says so.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #897 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:01 »

Kahlua Cock.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #898 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:24 »

I'm not a boy, maybe boyparts are really as alien as Cosmo would have be believe, but I would say that it's more normal to be able to exist without constant sexings than it is to feel a constant urge. When you've been feeling that way for six months, worry some.

So my room is not exactly tidy and my mum is arriving in about an hour or maybe two. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit the extra bed in, there are two massive boxes and a chair filling the space it should go. Some creative reorganising is called for, but first I have to write an essay. Meh.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #899 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:34 »

Congratulations Patrick, you're becoming a grown-up.

In my experience the sex drive significantly decreases in the colder months.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81   Go Up