THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887631 times)

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #900 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:46 »

Oddly enough I have found the exact opposite.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #901 on: 26 Feb 2010, 03:51 »

Yeah most of my relationships have reached full blossom in the wint'ry months.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #902 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:01 »

Who's talking about relationships?!

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #903 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:15 »

Guys guys guys I am leaving in 10 minutes to go see the Internet yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #904 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:58 »

Who's talking about relationships?!

correction: "relations"

better?
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #905 on: 26 Feb 2010, 05:54 »

So my room is not exactly tidy and my mum is arriving in about an hour or maybe two.

This sounds familiar. My mom sent me a text message yesterday, at midnight, asking if she could spend a few hours at my dorm room today without me being there, because I had to work and she had to be out of her hotel room at noon, while the train didn't leave until like 11PM. I had to leave for school early this morning, so the entire curling game last night was spent cleaning. Fun times.

Is it normal that it's it's really fucking awkward to spend an hour or two in the same tiny room as my mom, where there are no real sources or entertainment except my computer? At least now I knit, so we talk about that a little bit, but still. Awkward.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #906 on: 26 Feb 2010, 07:58 »

I'm really glad she's here, actually, although we used to fight quite a bit. I've only spent a week with her since I started uni so it's good to see her. Right now I'm trying (and failing) to focus on writing an essay and she's reading but we just got back from delicious lunch and tonight she's coming to watch my ballet show :)

Blog thread, I feel awful, because a girl I was best friends with in high school is miserable and depressed and generally having an awful time and I want to help, but when I was fourteen I thought it would be good for my social status if I stopped hanging out with her, so we haven't been in touch for about five years. Now I'm less juvenile and I miss how much fun we had, but would it be weird to just get back in touch?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #907 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:02 »

I'm not a boy, maybe boyparts are really as alien as Cosmo would have be believe, but I would say that it's more normal to be able to exist without constant sexings than it is to feel a constant urge. When you've been feeling that way for six months, worry some.

Dude my shit is so backed up that I'm probably gonna be shooting explosive rounds out of the stupid thing the next time I get off, is all I'm saying
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #908 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:22 »

You just made me remember that a friend I had in college used to tape a target above his headboard between girlfriends.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #909 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:22 »

I am not remembering this fondly.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #910 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:34 »

dear insurance and red tape:

suck it. all i want is my stupid goddamned effexor so i am not so ding dang crazy and nooooooooo you are now wanting proof that this other drug won't work and i absolutely need this one particular kind of drug. i get that you'd rather pay for the cheaper one BUT I AM ONLY COVERED UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH AND I KNOW YOU ARE PURPOSELY DRAGGING YOUR FEET, INSURANCE. the nice pharmacist is going to try to call the dr right now, but if the dr is too busy and doesn't get in touch with them today, i'm boned, basically. and i get to pay $150 for some drugs that i would have only had to pay $30 for.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #911 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:44 »

Brittany, that really sucks. Insurance companies are the worst.

Blog thread,

So, I thought I was getting all better, but my tummbly still hurts, and my eyes have been killing me. I am hoping I am just dehydrated and that I'll be ok soon.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #912 on: 26 Feb 2010, 13:47 »

it's okay, my mommy will pay for it if i can't. thank god for my mommy. normally i'd be able to take care of it myself, but i decided it'd be a good idea to take a week off between jobs and decompress. oh well, i really should have worked until monday and had 6 days off instead of 8 since you're covered until the end of the month, but i didn't know that until after i'd quit.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #913 on: 26 Feb 2010, 14:07 »

Effexor makes me jittery to the point of interfering with day-to-day activities. Prozac works great for the emotional stuff, but Prozac makes it so it takes me roughly 45-75 minutes to orgasm.

So I just don't take anything and stay crazy.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Zingoleb

« Reply #914 on: 26 Feb 2010, 14:43 »

Guys my kitten has turned out to be possessed by the spirit of a mass murderer who now wants to take over my body so he can go back to murdering people what do I do my life is suck drama drama drama a bloo bloo bloo everything is ruined forever

(Actually, it's just really hard to sleep when you have a kitten trying to eat your ears)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #915 on: 26 Feb 2010, 14:47 »

My boyfriend and I saw a stray kitten last night. I thought of you, and Amanda.

I tried to convince my boyfriend to go get some chicken nuggets(it was in the McDonald's parking lot), and convince it to come home with us. He wouldn't do it. And then when we got home the first thing he said was "I regret not getting that kitten.  :-( "
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #916 on: 26 Feb 2010, 15:05 »

(Actually, it's just really hard to sleep when you have a kitten trying to eat your ears)

Don't worry, eventually they grow up and their teeth aren't so tiny and needly and it doesn't hurt quite so much.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #917 on: 26 Feb 2010, 16:33 »

a friend I had in college used to tape a target above his headboard between girlfriends.

Sigquote ahoy

DarkAvenger

« Reply #918 on: 26 Feb 2010, 16:49 »

Dear blog thread

Today I finished what may be the finest essay I have ever written. I was expected to write, in an hour, an essay that my English teacher provided the introductory paragraph for. You see, she believes that there is a clear connection between Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and Khaled Hosseini's novel "The Kite Runner". Her facts were marginally supportive at best relating solely to Jacob Marley's guilt at cheating people out of their income or something. It wasn't very clear. She however then stated after giving us the introduction to our essays that we could use the same tactic (comparing The Kite Runner to an outside work) as long as we keep the same format. So I changed it out of spite. I wrote an essay comparing the Joker, specifically using examples from The Dark Knight, and Amir from "The Kite Runner". I followed the rules exactly. I just took a bit of artistic license with the topic. If I wrote the essay continuing from what she started it would have been pretty damn boring, thirty copies of the same thing, so I figure if I fail the assignment I will have at least entertained somebody.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #919 on: 26 Feb 2010, 17:11 »

So it wasn't really out of spite, you just did exactly what she wanted and instructed you to do.

I mean, yeah! Fight the power man! You show that teacher that she can't control you. You're a rebel at the gates of dawn and you take no prisoners!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #920 on: 26 Feb 2010, 17:24 »

I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

DarkAvenger

« Reply #921 on: 26 Feb 2010, 17:52 »

Yeah... I guess. However she won't see it that way. She'll get mad at me and ignore the fact that it makes sense.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #922 on: 26 Feb 2010, 18:19 »

Poor, misunderstood youth.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #923 on: 26 Feb 2010, 18:31 »

i agree that the best part of making the transition from teenager to adult is picking on people younger than you while conveniently forgetting that you, like everyone else, were once that age and also that your small age advantage makes you and your opinions and your problems only slightly more worthy of note than those of a teenager, at best

suck on that kid. you're in high school and your problems are unimportant. grow up, stop being so immature, etc.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #924 on: 26 Feb 2010, 18:40 »

If it helps I totally agree that writing an essay about the Joker is Awesome. Really there's no denying that.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #925 on: 26 Feb 2010, 21:44 »

Oh god I just got out of evening rehearsal tonight and we've got rehearsal at 8am tomorrow and oh fuck I am already tired

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #926 on: 26 Feb 2010, 21:52 »

I got told I look like my mother today. This is not an entirely unusual comment ( do look a lot like my mother, and got told that a lot), it is more of an uncommon occurrence since I moved 3 hours away from not only my mother, but almost all the people I know who have seen her and me together.

Explanation: I was at work today and a large group of people came in to eat lunch. Two of the people came in later, and it was then that I realised that I actually knew them. This is because one of the late people is a guy I went to primary school with. As his mother was paying she commented that she used to know my mother (well duh lady, we lived in a small town and your son and I went to school together, this isn't that surprising), and that I looked like mum. Also to tell mum she says hello. A slightly strange situation to be in, but I will pass the message along like a dutiful daughter.

That is probably the highlight of my day so far, seeing as I got yelled at by one of the chefs because I bought him the wrong cigarettes and made a joke about it. Ah well!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #927 on: 26 Feb 2010, 22:08 »

See I know I have said this before but I was just listening to your description of your day and then cracked up giggling because everyone you talked today spoke with an australian accent and none of you thought that was weird!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #928 on: 26 Feb 2010, 23:26 »

Says the guy with the Canadian accent.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #929 on: 26 Feb 2010, 23:30 »

Ok so tonight is the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras which means I have the apartment to myself as my girlfriend has gone out with her friends to get drunk and watch the parade. I don't go to these kinds of things because I hate drunk people and large crowds. Instead I shall be staying at home, getting lovely and eating copious amounts of satay chicken while watching dvds.

Awesome.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #930 on: 27 Feb 2010, 00:06 »

Or you could come to see max's band at the lansdowne at like 11:30.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #931 on: 27 Feb 2010, 00:14 »

I just got home from the first day of a kendo seminar. I am beat and I have to be up again in 6 hours for the second of 5 days. I am so tired but also feel pretty rad, there are few things i like as much as kendo.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #932 on: 27 Feb 2010, 00:34 »

wait no it's 4 hours
 shiiiiiiiiiit
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #933 on: 27 Feb 2010, 05:22 »

You know, originally I had just chalked up my shitty debt situation to just poor monitoring of my expenses, so I thought to myself, "Well, this sucks, I'm stupid." But instead it's this. Instead of just my $150 of shoddy expense monitoring, it's this shit combined with it.

Man what the fuck. What the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. $1.55 = $32.55 in debt to the bank. That's $200 of my fucking bank debt right there. They slammed me for every fucking last one of those city sales tax charges individually.

I'm more than happy to own up to the fact that I was stupid, but should I pay $200 for it? I'm going to, but that shit is fucked up.

FML.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #934 on: 27 Feb 2010, 06:05 »

For some reason I thought that was one of those sneaky fees that the new federal banking laws had put a stop to? Even if they managed to keep that BS legal, you may be able to call the bank and talk to someone reasonable if you have no other history of overdrafts
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #935 on: 27 Feb 2010, 06:32 »

City sales tax debit? What is that? And yeah, call your bank. They may be able to do something about it if you don't have a history of overdrafts and you put up enough fuss. And then I might suggest making them give you overdraft protection, if that's something you want to do.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #936 on: 27 Feb 2010, 07:49 »

call the bank

call your bank

Terrible, terrible advice. You know he's just going to end up falling in love with the rad banker girl and end up with more fees.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #937 on: 27 Feb 2010, 08:02 »

And then I might suggest making them give you overdraft protection, if that's something you want to do.

That's so-so advice. Overdraft protection isn't really a replacement for just plain not spending more than you have, so it can lull you into a false sense of security. Most of the time overdraft protection is either a system for the bank to automatically dip into your savings account if your checking account is empty (that obviously only helps if you have money in a savings account) or it's linking up a credit card to use when your checking account is empty (if you wanted to charge it on a credit card, you should just do that in the first place, instead of having it happen automatically without your knowledge.)

Better advice is to just build up the discipline to never spend a buffer amount that you keep in your checking account at all times. Overdraft protection has always been something banks just gave me when I opened checking accounts, but I'm not sure it's something I would ask for.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2010, 08:05 by jhocking »

I Am Not Amused

• http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #938 on: 27 Feb 2010, 09:09 »

Ok so tonight is the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras which means I have the apartment to myself as my girlfriend has gone out with her friends to get drunk and watch the parade. I don't go to these kinds of things because I hate drunk people and large crowds. Instead I shall be staying at home, getting lovely and eating copious amounts of satay chicken while watching dvds.

Awesome.

Not awesome. I don't know how it is in Australia, but in America mass GLBT activities are THE place for straight dudes to hit on chicks. I have seen at least three relationships ruined by the girl going to a gay bar/gay pride parade, letting dude get up ons her more than necessary because she thinks he's gay, finding out he isn't, and then BAM> Secks.

Then again, those girls were kind of whore-y, so maybe my experience shouldn't be extrapolated.

Still, I would have gone with the ladyfriend, just to point out, "No, that guy doesn't take it in the butt, he has been mindfucking your cleavage since we walked in here."
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #939 on: 27 Feb 2010, 09:15 »

See, you probably should've thought about that a bit more before posting it. Especially the second paragraph.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #940 on: 27 Feb 2010, 10:01 »

Blog thread, room hunting is tiring! And a bit disheartening. All the rooms are completely different so you have to go in with a set of restrictions and stick to them, but I'm not in a very strong position so all the best rooms will be gone before I sign up. Meh. Time to eat some cheese.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

öde

« Reply #941 on: 27 Feb 2010, 10:56 »

Jimmy, you have to watch your girlfriend at all times because women are untrustworthy whores that will sleep with any man they find.

That is how your post reads, just to give you some perspective.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #942 on: 27 Feb 2010, 12:47 »

My eyes hurt. I can't look up, and light super bothers me, and I don't know what to do.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #943 on: 27 Feb 2010, 12:51 »

Drink less
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #944 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:05 »

I could have used that advice last night
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #945 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:08 »

I haven't drank in a long while. I originally thought that my eyes hurt because of being sick and thus getting dehydrated, but the past two days all I've done is drink water. I don't think I could be more hydrated.

And basically, I'm so fed up with doctor bullshit, that I don't even want to go to "my" doctor with it. I originally went to him because my eyes hurt and he said he didn't see anything wrong with them, but just in case I should visit an eye doctor. So we did that and it was absolutely horrible. The doctor didn'tlisten to a word I said, argued with me about what I was seeing, didn't say anything about my eyes hurting, and half the equipment was broken. So, I basically don't want to go through that bullshit again.

Zingoleb

« Reply #946 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:15 »

I'm sorry Em. It's kind of odd how so many people have so many similar experiences with doctors, but then physicians are held in such high esteem generally.

Blog thread,

We've barely had any snow this year around here so I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to shovel a foot of snow out of a long driveway. I also couldn't find my coat, so I ended up grabbing my father's girlfriend's long coat, and the second I bent over to shovel up some snow someone honked their horn at me in passing. This is especially strange because we probably get a dozen cars going down this road a day.

My father also told me to get rid of the kitten, which I am fine with because I already have a cat and I didn't really think I was going to keep it anyways. So I'm probably going to end up taking it to a friend who works with Petsmart to adopt animals (with her permission - she actually approached me about it, not the other way around).

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #947 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:20 »

Most of the doctors I know are really nice despite being ridiculously tired at pretty much all hours, and I know a few dozen. Generally speaking, they work harder than other people and for every one person who was right about trusting their instincts and being their own doctor, there's 3 or 4 idiots who self-treat and end up coming in later or didn't really have anything wrong with them to begin with. You don't hear those "I was wrong" stories often though, since people hate admitting when they have screwed up.

Emaline's could very well be right about her particular situation, of course, and there's no excuse for rudeness. But generally speaking, I do hold doctors in higher esteem than a lot of people I know. If nothing else you know they tend to see things through or else they wouldn't have gotten as far as they have.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2010, 13:28 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #948 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:31 »

Says the guy with the Canadian accent.
It's not an accent! It's how people are supposed to talk.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #949 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:33 »

It's not an accent! It's how people are supposed to talk, eh.  How aboot it?

I love being Canadian, but even I can admit that the so-called Canadian accent is what happens when you send several generations of the dumbest and most unpleasant Scotsmen to suffer from bilateral frostbite in a place even less hospitable than Scotland.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81   Go Up