THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 888241 times)

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #950 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:52 »

I don't have an accent :c I wish I did, I wish I had a charming accent like those brits.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Zingoleb

« Reply #951 on: 27 Feb 2010, 13:55 »

I am not saying doctors shouldn't be held in high esteem! I'm just saying that I hear a surprising amount of people who have an innate mistrust of doctors and will pretty much only go to the hospital in the event that they are dying, but then simultaneously rank a doctor as one of the noblest profession. It seems like an odd bit of doublethink. Personally, I just don't go to doctors because I have no health insurance*, not because I don't trust/like them

*If my father finds his goddamn tax forms and gives them to me, though, this should be rectified as soon as next week.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #952 on: 27 Feb 2010, 14:01 »

I admit that my doctor experience was not the typical one. It's just after so many years of not going, and then finally giving in and it being horrid was enough to deter me.

The actually GP doctor wasn't bad. And my original eye problem was likely due to stress(I had just lost my job, and had been losing sleep), which is why he saw nothing wrong with them. I wasn't bothered by him at all. It was the whole eye doctor thing that sucked. I just felt like nothing I said mattered at all. The doctor there brushed over everything I said, and didn't give me any actual advice and then told me that I needed to go pick out a pair of glasses, not telling me that I didn't actually need them. When I asked if I had to get the glasses she just said "Not really. I mean, most places don't even make lens in this prescription." And then continued to pressure me into getting glasses. It was just such bullshit.

And no, I did not get glasses.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #953 on: 27 Feb 2010, 14:02 »

We ought to name a song after you.

Call it 'Canada'.

I could think of titles I'd prefer.   "Iron-y Man", for instance.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #954 on: 27 Feb 2010, 14:25 »

I don't have an accent :c I wish I did, I wish I had a charming accent like those brits.

At least, you don't have an awful French accent when talking in English. I don't pronounce the "the" as "ze", like my mom though. And I don't have a Quebecois accent either! Woo-hoo for being a Lebanese-Quebecois-Canadian, I guess?

Dear Diary, Dear Whiners Thread, Dear Blog Thread,

I sent my College admission request. I am going to Vanier College (an english college) in Natural Science: Pure and Applied Science. This is going to be fun and I am just waiting for their reply.

Also, I am now in my March break. I would usually use that week to stay home and sleep/play videogames, but I have two incredibly big projects coming on. First, we have to put on a Shakespeare play for my English Class. We chose A Midsummer Night's Dream and we are currently rehearsing. Also, I have to analyse a conflict for my Contemporary World class. I chose the Czechoslovakia Coup D'Etat of 1948 and I have been reading extensively about it for the past two days. Realy interesting.

Anthony.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #955 on: 27 Feb 2010, 17:57 »

Jimmy, you have to watch your girlfriend at all times because women are untrustworthy whores that will sleep with any man they find.

Tee hee.

1) Your views on women are horrifying.

2) My girlfriend is more likely to cheat on me with hot lesbians than some dude.

3) Relationships built on mutual trust and respect woo!

4) Bahahahahahahah.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #956 on: 27 Feb 2010, 18:01 »

Jimmy, you have to watch your girlfriend at all times because women are untrustworthy whores that will sleep with any man they find.

That is how your post reads, just to give you some perspective.

Its true, history will reflect that no one has ever cheated on anybody ever.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #957 on: 27 Feb 2010, 18:07 »

Re: calling my bank, they ain't gonna give a shit, it's been so long since the date of the actual transaction (a month + 1 week) that they'll just be like "And why are you only telling us this now" and they are so unlikely to buy the excuse of "Well, because I was ready to admit that I was being stupid"

Dear blag

Today my dad made me drive to Santa Cruz. We got to Santa Cruz, turned around, and went back home. It was for the experience of "driving with idiots" as he put it. He was right, 880 and Hwy. 17 are chock full of them, but it wasn't nearly as bad as he seemed to think. Also I drive like such an old man. Hella slow, hella conservative, always making sure I've got like 90 car lengths between me and the car ahead. Pretty sweet y0.

Also on our way back we stopped at this little convenience store side-of-the-road-at-the-top-of-a-bigass-hill kinda deal. I got coffee, except the styrofoam cup broke when I put the lid on. The guy behind the counter spoke with a very heavy accent (his last name on his name tag suggested Korean descent) and he was like "THIS CUP NOT MADE OF STEEL" and I was like "Yes I realize this" and he was like "WHY YOU BREAK CUP YOU SMASH LID" and I'm like "I didn't think it was on all the way, I barely put any pressure on the thing, I'm really sorry, I'm cleaning it up!" and he was like "WHATEVER, IS FOUR-FIFTY" and I was like "Alright here you go I am really sorry for the trouble" and he was like "JUST GO YOU RUIN MY WOOD COUNTER" and I'm like "Look dogg I said I'm sorry and I tried to clean up but I've apparently ruined your counter so I swear on my good name that I will flog myself as soon as I get home in the name of your store's integrity" and dude just looked at me with an expression that suggested he did not appreciate my sarcasm.

I really genuinely felt bad up until I got sick of him being mean to me for something I didn't mean to do. Fuck that guy.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #958 on: 27 Feb 2010, 18:24 »

Its true, history will reflect that no one has ever cheated on anybody ever.

I can't tell who you're agreeing with.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #959 on: 27 Feb 2010, 18:57 »

I am disagreeing, with those who said his views on women were archaic

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #960 on: 27 Feb 2010, 19:03 »

But they are. The assumption that all women will have sex with any dude just because he is interested is about as archaic and offensive as assuming that all guys will fuck anything that moves just because it will let them. His views towards women also imply that he has no faith in a woman's ability to make their own decision - "Oh my! A boy wants to have sex with me! Obviously I should do it because I am only a woman and can't control myself!"
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #961 on: 27 Feb 2010, 19:05 »

Then again, those girls were kind of whore-y, so maybe my experience shouldn't be extrapolated.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #962 on: 27 Feb 2010, 20:06 »

man fuck THIS conversation. (i agree with jimmy but dang we've had this convo befo)

ON A HAPPIER NOTE
last night at my Brittany's Liberation Party I won trivia. Okay I didn't actually win, but I was basically the only one answering the questions, and we ended up in third place so we got some bar dollars and it was great. And super easy, I mean questions like "Nirvana covered 'The Man Who Sold the World' which was originally done by this artist" and "Who is the lead singer of the band T Rex" and "In what song does the phrase 'yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye' appear".
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #963 on: 27 Feb 2010, 20:22 »

Stuff.
More stuff.

I should have specified the type that straight up rejects your card if you don't have the funds. For whatever reason, though, banks don't want to do this unless you insist. (I don't think many do it at all, though.) But yeah, the best advice is to watch your money more closely and to try to use cash as much as you can so you can watch what you have.

Brittany, that seems like an awesome trivia night!

Also if we go down that conversation of women are whores again, I am going to break out my mean face.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #964 on: 27 Feb 2010, 20:30 »

all credit cards have to now linds, (as of the 22nd) unless you opt in to being able to go over/get a fee. i think it's a good thing.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #965 on: 27 Feb 2010, 20:52 »

Day 2 over, now even more tired.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #966 on: 27 Feb 2010, 20:59 »

I guess I must be quite lucky because my debit card is the kind where, while I do have a daily limit of $1000, the money is insured so as long as I let the bank know as soon as I become aware of any fraud they'll give the money back to me and also it doesn't allow me to get overdrawn (except for direct debit things like my internet bill/electricity bill.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #967 on: 28 Feb 2010, 10:30 »

my internet job is AWESOME so far.
ahhhhh.
must...not...faint...from...excitement.

<3
anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #968 on: 28 Feb 2010, 11:14 »

that wasn't a job, it was a silly hobby.  :wink:

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #969 on: 28 Feb 2010, 12:01 »

I can't decide which part of my day so far is stranger. Is it the man who was walking around the gym in nothing but a tiny blue speedo having his picture taken? or was it the bird that ran in front of my car causing me to slam on my brakes?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #970 on: 28 Feb 2010, 12:40 »

The point of my post was more supposed to be a humorous quip on the fact that straight dudes I know use GLBT events to pick up women, and it has worked where in other circumstances their advances are, like, total failsauce drizzled over failfries. So I was just trying to make a comment on that interesting dynamic, using Jimmy's situation as a jumping-off point.

It wasn't supposed to be comment on women at all, but I get how it could be read like that.

Ah well! I am not used to people taking what I say at face value since I am earnest exactly 0.3% of the time. I apologize for any thoughtless implications I have made.

Blog thread,
I want to watch the new episode of Chuck that is going to be on tomorrow, but don't have television, and none of my friends are into that show (i.e., they won't let me come over to watch it). Does anyone know if it streams live on nbc.com(or anywhere else) as it airs? Or will I have to wait until Tuesday and watch it on Hulu?

Also, working at Pitchfork is really really cool. But to pay the bills I have this awful job where college kids request essays and I get paid to write them. So I guess I am just hoping out loud that the Pfork gig becomes permanent/becomes well-paid enough that I can sustain myself on it.

Thanks for listening, blog thread!
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #971 on: 28 Feb 2010, 13:05 »

Guys two interesting things happened today

Interesting Thing #1: got to drive my dad's '65 Mustang
Interesting Thing #2: went flying immediately afterward

This would not have happened if I had gone to Sunday service at the church I play at in Oakland. I am only there for the music, I'm not there to be religious, and I still don't have the music down perfectly yet. Also it kinda creeped me out yesterday when we prayed and everybody was all holding hands and saying "YES, JESUS" the whole time. I can hold hands just fine, and I'm fine if you wanna be vocal about worshipping whoever, but man, I just don't wanna be around that kind of "YES JESUS I PRAISE YOU HERE I'M GONNA SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR YOU" (yes they did this) kind of stuff man it scares me a little bit and if the choir is doing it when it's a small group imagine what an entire church of these people's relatives is gonna sound like

But yeah today was awesome

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #972 on: 28 Feb 2010, 13:33 »

You uh, you didn't see that kind of thing coming?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #973 on: 28 Feb 2010, 13:42 »

Man I been living 3 years in a country where they didn't have religion for over 60 years no I did not see it coming

Edit to add: maybe in hindsight I should never have left
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2010, 13:47 by Patrick »

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #974 on: 28 Feb 2010, 13:44 »

Hee! Surprise God!

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #975 on: 28 Feb 2010, 15:04 »

My parents booked my flight to Sweden on the 31st of March, without actually consulting me. This would be ok if there wasn't a friend's band playing in a competition really near to that date, so now I can't go see them. That's not so bad though, because I'm going to Sweden for a week! Woo!
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #976 on: 28 Feb 2010, 15:27 »

Interesting Thing #1: got to drive my dad's '65 Mustang

I had a 65 and a 66 mustang as a kid.  I think my total investment in both of those was under $2k. The 65 was a total piece of shit, but the 66 was in pretty good shape. I was lucky enough to learn to drive at a time when all sorts of fantastic muscle cars were just 'old cars'.  My high school parking lot was full of mustangs, LeManses, Nova's, Impalas, Galaxies, Camaros, etc.   I had a friend with a dope ass Chevy II.  Another friend drove an Olds 442.  Like I said, these were our parent's throw aways or cars we picked up for a few hundred dollars because they had big V-8s in them. 

I own an old Chevelle today that is worth more than my three year old Saturn was brand new.  My wife and I sometimes marvel at this fact because I remember another friend of mine buying himself a Chevelle for $300.  So despite the fact that I've outgrown my desire to drive Mustangs, I do wish I still had that old 65.  It was an early model with the 260 V8 from the Falcon.  I remember the serial number on that thing was 3000 something.  It was wimbeldon white with a red interior.  I bet it's worth a motherfucking grip of cash now (I refuse to look it up.  I'll be sad.  My dad sold it for $750 when I was in college because it was taking up too much room in his garage)

Anyway.... fun little cars to drive.  I've got a lot of teenage memories involving being under the hood of (or just under) some really hot old cars.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #978 on: 28 Feb 2010, 17:27 »

So that really important ice hockey match that my team played today? Varsity, the one everyone has been working towards all year?

I didn't get to play.

I wouldn't have got to play even if we'd been in such a strong position that putting the third line out couldn't do any damage, because during the ceremonial warmup I fell over so hard that I've bruised my coccyx sufficiently badly that it still hurts nine hours later, after two Ibuprofen. I fell over five times in warmup. I have not fallen over five times all year, except when I've been bodily slammed into.

Also we lost.

But on the whole, it was actually a really good game. It was incredibly close, it's the closest it's been in anyone's memory with the first four goals scored switching between us and them. But they pulled two ahead and although we made up one, we couldn't equalise. It's hardly an even match though; Cambridge have won three times in my entire life.

The men also lost their match yesterday. They were winning until the last few minutes and then Oxford equalised in the last thirty seconds and won on the shootout. The non-Universiy team won their match, thankfully, by a heft margin, so on the whole not as bad as it could have been. I was gutted by our match though. I wish I could have played, and I wish I hadn't got injured, and I wish we had won. Any of those things would have made me less tearful.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Zingoleb

« Reply #979 on: 28 Feb 2010, 18:09 »

Blaggy,

I took the main little refrain from Bad Romance (Ra ra, ah ah ahh, roma, romama, gaga, ooh la la bit) and figured it out on my guitar, slowed it down and made it into a really heavy Black Sabbath-ish sounding song.

I have to get a band together and do this live.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Zingoleb

« Reply #981 on: 28 Feb 2010, 21:29 »

Ugh, better than that.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #982 on: 28 Feb 2010, 21:32 »

Yeah that guy doesn't do the chord changes very well at all, they get changed up into dom7 chords in the second half of the refrain

Speaking of music, I got bored and started fucking around with a little idea that was kicking around in my head. It turned into this. It's 3 tracks, and it's pretty sloppy, but it gets the job done. Considering adding vocals.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #983 on: 28 Feb 2010, 22:25 »

Don't tell Australia Post that I'm forging my housemate's signature! But if you do tell them, tell them that it's with her consent and at her insistence.

Oh man I am living on the edge of the seat on a train travelling to a station where I would change trains to one that on alternate days diverts to a life of petty crime.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #984 on: 28 Feb 2010, 22:29 »

i finally finished the 2nd part of my interweb job qualification exam. woooooooot!

results arrive tomorrow!
confident/excited!

love you all,
anna

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #985 on: 28 Feb 2010, 23:41 »

Don't tell Australia Post that I'm forging my housemate's signature! But if you do tell them, tell them that it's with her consent and at her insistence.

Oh man I am living on the edge of the seat on a train travelling to a station where I would change trains to one that on alternate days diverts to a life of petty crime.
You put it in writing and now they will know, good job!

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #986 on: 28 Feb 2010, 23:48 »

Man, it's Australia Post. I'm surprised they even check the signature. So many times have I come home to find they've just left a package for me on top of the letter box instead of a parcel-slip. When they do leave one, even if it asks for photo ID they just give me the package without even looking at me. I mean I know I'm huge and terrifying but damnit, you're meant to be looking after my shit!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #987 on: 28 Feb 2010, 23:49 »

I actually think I might be misanthropic.

I just...sigh. I hate people. And it's not like anyone did anything to insult me. I've just been disgusted by that way people act. Or annoyed. And I realize that this is going to make a lot of people dislike me, but man. I do not care.

Anyway, uh. I have a stomach ache, and am worried I'm going to be sick again, and I'm done with that. Yesterday, the boyfriend and I went out to various stores, and nested. We bought house stuff, and are planning on doing this more. We are going to buy furniture, and cookware, and actually work on getting our apartment to be more home-y, as opposed to having crappy mismatched furniture and cheap silverware. We bought a lamp! And it is fantastic. Our living room is bearable to be in now. We also bought a fancy silverware set and through out all the old crappy stuff.

We went on a long trek trying for what was initially a search for a lamp. We decided we'd check out Crate & Barrel, but that was a mistake. They closed at 7pm apparently, which doesn't work for us because we are evening sort of folks and did not leave until like 5pm, at which point we got food and dicked around at a used bookstore before starting our quest. Also, they were is this terrible creepy area that was all rich and stuffy and white and just overall bad. The looks I got for my piercings were awkward. So we headed over to Bed, Bath, And Beyond, and well, that was a mistake. We both want everything there. We could easily spend millions there. We did not however find a decent lamp, so we ended up trying Pier One, also a mistake. Because that place is weird and creepy. I remember thinking it was neat as a kid, but now I just feel silly being there. I do not need a statue of a very shiny rooster. Or a ceramic bulldog puppy. So we left there and just headed to Target, where we found a really nice lamp, and I'm so happy with it.

Today, we spent time with our families, and that was nice. He played with his niece and played chess with his dad. And I watched my kids(siblings) play Fallout 3, and talked at my parents about life. Things were nice. Today is a pretty nice day. The weather was good.

Now, we are both sitting here, interwebing. He is sickly so he's probably gonna sat home from work tomorrow, and instead of being good, and going to bed on time to get better, we are probably gonna stay up all night and play computer games, and that will be nice.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #988 on: 01 Mar 2010, 00:26 »

Dear cleaning men,
I know that you do an important job and you do it well (our floors are hella shiny all the time). But why do you have to do it so early? The women who clean are never here this early! At this time in the morning I like to be asleep, and failing that I like to walk around in my skimpy pjyamas. I cannot do either of those things when you are outside my door!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #989 on: 01 Mar 2010, 02:43 »

Ugh, better than that.
Yeah that guy doesn't do the chord changes very well at all, they get changed up into dom7 chords in the second half of the refrain

Speaking of music, I got bored and started fucking around with a little idea that was kicking around in my head. It turned into this. It's 3 tracks, and it's pretty sloppy, but it gets the job done. Considering adding vocals.

Fuck you guys, that was pretty cool.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #990 on: 01 Mar 2010, 04:13 »

Just to prove a point, Ben, tomorrow I'll add vocals to that song I posted, and then I will record an all-guitar version of "Bad Romance", and then there will be no more talk of that mediocre hack on YouTube.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #991 on: 01 Mar 2010, 04:58 »

Oh man I feel like a dick. I ran into one of my friends from uni, who I didn't see at all over the summer for various reasons, and in reply to her really rather friendly "long time no see" I replied, intending a joking tone but I'm not sure how it came out, "Yes, I've been avoiding you". I fully intended to run after her and start up a conversation but I got distracted by someone else briefly and lost her around a corner or something.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #992 on: 01 Mar 2010, 05:02 »

... Well you'll have other friends.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #993 on: 01 Mar 2010, 05:06 »

Not true.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #994 on: 01 Mar 2010, 05:36 »

In that case, this little episode explains a lot.

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #995 on: 01 Mar 2010, 06:50 »

On Saturday my girlfriend took me out for my birthday to a Chinese restaurant.  My fortune cookie at the end of the meal had this message:
"Are your legs tired? You been [sic] running through someone's mind ALL day long."  :-D

We then watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (one of my favorite movies ever, I cannot recommend it enough) and did other date-type things.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #996 on: 01 Mar 2010, 07:34 »

If you can access BBC iPlayer, please please please watch episode 8 of Larkrise to Candleford. It is hysterical.

ETA: really really really it is so funny.
"You are a radical seditionist!"
"Give up your petticoats!"
"You are a communist!"

"I am come to free you from the madness of corsets!"

I thought she was going to turn out to be a lesbian, but in fact she is a trouser radical.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2010, 07:42 by Barmymoo »

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #997 on: 01 Mar 2010, 08:44 »

So it looks like I will be in Germany for a few weeks around early October this year! Not the greatest time of year weather-wise to be there I think, but Chris's family is footing the bill to send us both there to visit his grandmother and aunts and everyone there after the wedding junk is over:)

Do we have any forumites near Wiesbaden/Mainz?
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #998 on: 01 Mar 2010, 09:33 »

Well, a few months ago I was still living in Mainz. But it's not far from here anyway, so if you'd like to hang out in Mainz, I can be there.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #999 on: 01 Mar 2010, 12:53 »

today is confusing in a good way?
 :|
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81   Go Up