THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887876 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1200 on: 10 Mar 2010, 06:30 »

So we are stoning Jacob as well? I mean, he has made some terrible decisions, but really? Stoning him?

no he is going to stone himself

har har har
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1201 on: 10 Mar 2010, 12:27 »

Guys, I made a curry for dinner, and I usually put a few peppers. Today I out in one(as in 1, singular, uno, un) poblano in, which according to wiki has a relatively low heat rating, but according to Whole Foods was somewhat high. When I put in the cauliflower, I got some of the sauce on my finger tips, so I licked it off. Now, I think I need a new tongue. Also, my lip piercing is burning now.

Peppers can vary a lot in heat, even if they come from the same plant, and poblanos are one of the worst offenders in that area. In all honesty, the best thing to do is to taste the bastards before you commit them to whatever you're cooking. It's a bitch, but preparing spicy foods requires a bit of sacrifice if you want to get really good at it as opposed to being a dabbler.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2010, 12:29 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1202 on: 10 Mar 2010, 12:41 »

Well it's less hot than pretty much any pepper except for like bell and pimentos

According to wikipedia, rarely, they can be surprisingly hotter than normal. However, I figured it out, and it wasn't the poblanos, but the green chilies that I had cut up earlier.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1203 on: 10 Mar 2010, 15:26 »

Tonight I went to an unexpectedly good student music event. My friend was singing so I went to see her, but of the four acts I saw there was only one I think wasn't very good: a girl with an incredible voice who was so lazy with her intonation and diction that she out-Amy Winehoused Amy Winehouse on a disasterous cover.

Anyway, my friend <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIRKS5erXxY>Maz O'Connor[/url] was amazing. I'd never heard her sing her own songs before - this one wasn't my favourite but it's the only one I can find recorded. Then the girl who we stayed to listen to, Lizi Foan, was breath-takingly fabulous. She also sang one of her own songs which was amazingly well-written but this was my favourite thing she sang.

Then we went to Pizza Express and I ate delicious ice cream and now I have an essay and a half to write :(
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1204 on: 10 Mar 2010, 15:31 »

Dear Blog Thread the guy whom I borrowed my bass from is calling it back. To be fair, I've been borrowing it for about three years and I am starting a band soon with a guy with his own bass but damnit now I can't produce stuff by myself any more.

Zingoleb

« Reply #1205 on: 10 Mar 2010, 18:42 »

I think I'm the bassist in a power-metalcore band.

Best way to describe it.

My thoughts later when I'm not baked lovely.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2010, 18:47 by Zingoleb »

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #1206 on: 10 Mar 2010, 19:47 »

Tomorrow is House Day. It's only taken seven months, two weeks, and four days to get us all here.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1207 on: 10 Mar 2010, 20:19 »

UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA why did you send me an email about the open house you were having next week with free transportation provided from toronto and back this morning and not like a month ago, that opportunity would have been extremely beneficial to me in terms of answering questions about literally everything that is scaring me shitless about graduate school and now it is way too late for me to take the time off work. damnit, guys.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #1208 on: 10 Mar 2010, 20:43 »

ugh cannot focus on trivial school matters, waiting for THE BIG JOB OFFER.
going to pass out now. nite nite, internet.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1209 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:34 »

I'm so sick. I'm tired of being sick. It sucks. I coughed up a big red ball of grossness early. Ugh. I hate everything.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1210 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:38 »

My grandma is losing her memory and it is simultaneously the most depressing and frustrating thing.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1211 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:42 »

I experienced that with my great grandmother when I was a kid. It is very depressing and frustrating. My grandmother couldn't remember my name and called me mittens.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1212 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:49 »

My grandmother confused me with her son in the end. A unique sort of pain. You have my sympathies.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1213 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:54 »

My mum forgets my name all the time. It's not so bad.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

öde

« Reply #1214 on: 10 Mar 2010, 21:56 »

My mum goes through a couple of names before she gets mine.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1215 on: 10 Mar 2010, 22:19 »

Grampy always called all of us kids 'dicky'. I never really got to know him before he died because I was kind of afraid of him. That, and the last time I could of gone over to see him, I was busy playing video games. I mean, he died a month or so later, right after christmas. I was in town just for a week and a half but I never really understood him or felt comfortable around him. My grandmother died when I was like ten so I didn't really know her at all as anything besides that incredibly nice lady who had a proper pantry piled with preserves and who made delicious fucking zucchini cake when we were over and gave us kool-aid (which we were not allowed to drink at home) (I think she stocked it just for us grandkids).
I guess, like, whatever. My dad's dad didn't know our names well, or maybe he just liked calling all his little grandsons dicky because he thought it was funny. I never knew him because I didn't.
whateva
la vie, c'est bon
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1216 on: 10 Mar 2010, 22:36 »

So, the weather has been all crazy lately(thus me getting sick). It was cold as heck, and we had to wear coats, and then instantly the next day it was overcast but shorts weather. Everytime the sunsets(and sometimes when it doesn't) it rains. I knew a storm was coming sometime, and today we finally had tornado warnings. It's super storming now, but and I hope it goes all night. I love a good storm.

Also, since both I and the bf are sickly, today we went out for a short while(mostly to buy medicine) and bought Bioshock 2 and Brutal Legend(which was only $20!), and then a friend came over to drop off Mass Effect 2. So we are basically stationed on the couch, with all our bedding, watching other play video games, and drinking orange juice until we are better.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1217 on: 10 Mar 2010, 23:25 »

Yay Blog Thread I got my new glasses today!

But:

I seem to be having a bit of trouble right now getting used to the new prescription (particularly because they are bifocal and switching between the top & bottom is tripping me out) and it's giving me a bit of a headache! Which is dumb as heck because I got my prescription changed+wear glasses in the first place because I got headaches from reading/computer. Hopefully that goes away soon.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1218 on: 11 Mar 2010, 00:09 »

Bifocals! You're old!
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1219 on: 11 Mar 2010, 00:25 »

Yes I am! This is what I've been trying to say and everybody is like "hey fuck you because I am
  • years older than you" as though being old has anything to do with numerical signifiers in the first place

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1220 on: 11 Mar 2010, 00:42 »

Man, I got my first pair of bifocals at the age of four and a half.  They were pink.  They were not old people's glasses!

(Also, Dovey, when I later switched back to normal lenses and then later again to Transitions lenses and later again back to normal lenses [yes my optical history is bizarre as fuck], I got headaches the first week or so each time and then they went away.  So there's hope!)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1221 on: 11 Mar 2010, 00:48 »

Yes I am! This is what I've been trying to say

I am Dorian Gray and Dovey is the picture in my attic.  Mwahahaha!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1222 on: 11 Mar 2010, 01:04 »

man what the hell why does my post have a bullet point

i'd edit it but honestly that's too bizarre not to leave

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1223 on: 11 Mar 2010, 01:11 »

You made an "[ x ]" (without spaces)

does that make a bullet point?

HOLY FUCK YES IT DOES

this is
  • something i will play with and
  • annoy you with for the next 10 hours

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1224 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:11 »

My grandmother confused me with her son in the end. A unique sort of pain. You have my sympathies.

God, when my grandpa went like this, it killed me. I couldn't see him for the full year before he died because he would always call me Tom, which is my dad's name. Watching the deterioration is the worst thing in the world.

Dear blah thread,

I started training today and I think a girl is interested in me I guess? Eh I have no spare time anyway right now so whatever.

<3,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1225 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:30 »

Jens, good project :) Plus Guiness in your crazy frozen land is far too expensive, the obvious solution is to spend the money you save this month on coming back to Britain and drinking real Guiness for real prices.

I just had my end of term Director of Studies meeting. They're meant to be five minutes long - I was there for an hour and spent most of it crying. Basically I'd decided I had to sort out this problem I've been having with her tort supervisions and I don't think she'd even realised it was an issue for me. We didn't exactly sort anything but I'm going again on Tuesday to try and figure out what I'm going to do. She did offer to arrange a new supervisor for me, not just for next year but even for this one, but I get the feeling that if I say that I do want that then I'll have failed the test of my strength of mind.

Not exactly sure how I'm feeling. I think I might go and sleep for a bit.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1226 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:43 »

Cinema Paradiso

hurglburgl such a great movie

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1227 on: 11 Mar 2010, 03:44 »

Jens, good project :) Plus Guiness in your crazy frozen land is far too expensive, the obvious solution is to spend the money you save this month on coming back to Britain and drinking real Guiness for real prices.

I just had my end of term Director of Studies meeting. They're meant to be five minutes long - I was there for an hour and spent most of it crying. Basically I'd decided I had to sort out this problem I've been having with her tort supervisions and I don't think she'd even realised it was an issue for me. We didn't exactly sort anything but I'm going again on Tuesday to try and figure out what I'm going to do. She did offer to arrange a new supervisor for me, not just for next year but even for this one, but I get the feeling that if I say that I do want that then I'll have failed the test of my strength of mind.

Not exactly sure how I'm feeling. I think I might go and sleep for a bit.

I'm guessing he went to Glassbaren, which is a student place where everything is really cheap (read: normal prices if you're not in Norway), so not drinking there is actually quite the accomplishment! Also that sucks, May, I hope you'll be okay.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1228 on: 11 Mar 2010, 04:42 »

I just sneezed so hard that now all the tendons in my neck + shoulders hurt like hell

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1229 on: 11 Mar 2010, 05:44 »

If you closed your eyes and held your nose you'd have a serious beard.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1230 on: 11 Mar 2010, 06:23 »

I just sneezed so hard that now all the tendons in my neck + shoulders hurt like hell

I hate this.

Whenever I sneeze it's like I've thrown out my shoulers, neck, back, arms and legs. I hate my body.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1231 on: 11 Mar 2010, 07:25 »

Last night, I went out for some beers with a friend. We made some new friends, ate some ridiculously tasty chicken wings, and I got a cute girls' number!

Go self. Usually I'm too shy to even talk to a girl, and I end up getting a number? This might be a whole new me.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1232 on: 11 Mar 2010, 08:01 »

This is true, when I'm high I'm going like 20 miles below the speed limit and freaking out at the unimaginable speeds of 35 mph.

You do realise this is an enormously fucked-up and ridiculously selfish thing to do, right? You can still kill people at 35mph you moron, if you're being freaked out by the speed then the amount you've reduced your reaction time means you're going to be useless if something unexpected happens.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1233 on: 11 Mar 2010, 08:09 »

Without wanting to disagree with you in the general, it is kind of unfair to target Zingoleb specifically. All you drugged-up drivers are morons, don't do that shit.

Blog thread, I tried to go and have a three hour nap and kept waking up more tired that I was before and now I can't sleep at all. What has happened to my sleeping?

Tonight is the Law faculty v Law society university challenge, which might be quite funny - the lecturers who are involved are pretty cool and the students are all third years so should be able to put up a fair fight. Then I'm meeting up again with the cast of my latest play which will be fun, hopefully.

I also have a slightly odd question for any UK forumites over 19 - do you go to the dentist any more? Is the media hype about not being able to find a dentist genuine?

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #1234 on: 11 Mar 2010, 08:12 »

Blog thread, I tried to go and have a three hour nap and kept waking up more tired that I was before and now I can't sleep at all. What has happened to my sleeping?

You became a student!
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1235 on: 11 Mar 2010, 09:14 »

don't drive while high
maybe you've never had an accident but that is terrible reasoning

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1236 on: 11 Mar 2010, 09:16 »

Without wanting to disagree with you in the general, it is kind of unfair to target Zingoleb specifically. All you drugged-up drivers are morons, don't do that shit.

Yeah, you bastards.

I also have a slightly odd question for any UK forumites over 19 - do you go to the dentist any more? Is the media hype about not being able to find a dentist genuine?

This is true in some places. I was worried about losing my place on the dentistry register so I kept my place at my dentist from home but the local Doctor's Surgery is always advertising places available at Dentist's Surgeries in the area and there always seems to be a few places going around.

At home though, it is an issue. My dad isn't a big fan of the dentist and so didn't go for over 2 years (which is the length of time where they strike you off) and lost his place on the register. It took him over a year to get another place as you have to go on to a waiting list which can be longer than the actual register in some places and in the mean time he had to visit one of those walk-in centres which are understaffed and full of dentist's newly qualified which doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1237 on: 11 Mar 2010, 09:20 »

There's some sort of joke about British people here but gosh I can't do it.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1238 on: 11 Mar 2010, 09:44 »

Good point, I think I sort of assumed Dovey was joking since he does not normally seem really stupid. If he wasn't: for fuck's sake don't fucking do that.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

sean

• welp
« Reply #1239 on: 11 Mar 2010, 11:30 »

so last month its snowmageddon and this month its 67 degrees outside.

what the hell weather
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1240 on: 11 Mar 2010, 11:31 »

There is a reason why British people have bad teeth: it is because none of us have insurance covering dentists' fees and dentists are not free.

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1241 on: 11 Mar 2010, 12:43 »

They are as a student. Get yourself the forms from the dentist and be free of costs for your years as a student. :)
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1242 on: 11 Mar 2010, 14:07 »

I've been here for four years and still haven't signed up for dentistry.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1243 on: 11 Mar 2010, 14:20 »

All my grandparents are already dead.

I haven't been to the dentist in years.

I have a lisp, way to be insensitive to speech impediments, you jerk.

(Do i win a prize?)
(also, the little kid I know doesn't say his l's, and his s's are t's, so his aunt Sahar is Tahar. it's cute! Nikki not saying her letters properly is a normal part of speech development, unless she is older than I am thinking, in which it could be an indication that she might have hearing issues.)
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2010, 14:24 by Eris »
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1244 on: 11 Mar 2010, 15:50 »

Okay, so I broke up with this girl in January and apparently it wasn't on good terms at all. And I've been blabbing about this festival Primavera in Barcelona for a while (all over the place, here, but also on Twitter), and I know that she follows me on twitter. and then suddenly today she announced that she's going there as well, even though I know for a fact that while we were going out (I never thought we were going out, which is why I kinda broke up with her, but she did, which is probably why she was angry) she did not listen to any of the bands that are playing there. Maybe I'm being a bit weird, but is that weird? Or is it (most likely) just some crazy coincidence?

In other news, my dissertation is now 13 pages long. woohoo!
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1245 on: 11 Mar 2010, 15:53 »

She's gonna be following you on more than twitter dogg.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1246 on: 11 Mar 2010, 16:23 »

dude get a disguise and then tweet your location during the festival, and see if she shows up. then discretely take photos of her and tweet them.

she will never bother you again

....or she'll bother you even more! I have no idea, I'm not a doctor.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Zingoleb

« Reply #1247 on: 11 Mar 2010, 17:33 »

I have a lisp, way to be insensitive to speech impediments, you jerk.

I also kick crippled people when they fall out of their wheelchairs.

(also, the little kid I know doesn't say his l's, and his s's are t's, so his aunt Sahar is Tahar. it's cute! Nikki not saying her letters properly is a normal part of speech development, unless she is older than I am thinking, in which it could be an indication that she might have hearing issues.)

She's three. It's normal.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1248 on: 11 Mar 2010, 17:34 »

I have no idea, I'm not a doctor.

I consulted a doctor on your behalf and he said "Get a twitterectomy."

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #1249 on: 11 Mar 2010, 17:44 »

Last night I went to the airport and picked up a former room mate and very good friend of mine that I hadn't seen in almost eleven years.   We went back to the hotel he was staying at and sat in the restaurant bullshitting and carrying on until they closed at midnight.  As we were working our way into the hotel bar, I saw sitting together (and obviously, together, know-what-I-mean?) one of our company executives who happens to be very married with a whole fucking litter of kids with one of our young, single paralegals.

I am now the proud owner of a salacious gossip bomb that I must not share. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 81   Go Up