THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 887723 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1350 on: 17 Mar 2010, 10:07 »

Money is nice Tania, money is nice. How much do fees vary at the two schools?
Is there anyways you can tell Ottawa "Hey look this school is offering me $10,000, what you gonna do about it huh"?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1351 on: 17 Mar 2010, 12:26 »

I have every important  thing ready to go to Japan (new docs, slippers, variety of amusing shirts) except for two things.

1) Certificate of Eligibility. This certificate is issues by the Bureau of Immigration in Japan and it essentially says that I am a good candidate and I should be issued a...

2) Student Visa. This document is needed for my lawful entry into Japan for purposes of academic pursuit. If I have the Certificate of Eligibility issuing of the visa takes between 2 and 7 work days.

I leave in 12 days. According to the tracking website, the package was delivered to me. According to a very helpful and nice lady at the post office, the package was attempted to be delivered  on saturday but there was nobody to recieve it and the messenger still has it and should attempt to deliver it again today. I live in an apartment complex where there is a guard posted outside at all times, plus i did not leave my house this saturday.

I can't believe that after over a year of planning, sending documents back and forth and money invested it can all break down due to one incompetent mailman.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

FruitKat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1352 on: 17 Mar 2010, 14:02 »

Oh my god Emilio I had the exact same thing happen to me. Except the courier company who was sending this document (which had already travelled safely from the US to Auckland) lost it the first time completely. We got it sent again and I had a week before I left, then they somehow hadn't sent it again. Eventually my sponsor called the company and told them how important it was, talked to the supervisor and told them I was leaving that afternoon and HAD to have it delivered (I was leaving in a week still). They finally delivered it that afternoon 3 hours late, but at least they got it to me! EVERYONES A JERKS. That is the moral of my story. Oh and I know how you feel, my advice is to start calling the big names.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1353 on: 17 Mar 2010, 14:24 »

The help line they have at the moment states "due to an abnormally large volume of calls, we cannot take your call at this moment". I have called the Embassy though and they have also been helpful, saying that due to circumstances and deadlines they would be able to process it 2 or 3 days after I recieve it, which should be ok. As long as they didn't actually lose it.

Zingoleb

« Reply #1354 on: 17 Mar 2010, 15:03 »

So I was considered to be in a jazz/powermetal band. I heard them. They were talented, yeah, but it was so hilariously cheesy I had to join.

I just got this text from the singer when I texted him:

"oh hey broseph ill add ur digits sorry i didnt get back to you"

Is it bad that his calling me broseph is the only thing that makes me reconsider?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1355 on: 17 Mar 2010, 16:26 »

Just got home from my second interview with Hot Topic. It went super well! The lady said I was cool and the best candidate so far! She's gonna call mew on Friday to let me know if I got it or not! Yay!

Also, I got my Ikea catalog in the mail today! Yay!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1356 on: 18 Mar 2010, 02:56 »

Is it bad that his calling me broseph is the only thing that makes me reconsider?

aw hell no that is a dealbreaker shut it down

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1357 on: 18 Mar 2010, 03:27 »

Broseph I (The Holy Broman Emperor)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1358 on: 18 Mar 2010, 04:09 »

Help, you guys! I really need to take a paid job this summer but all the fun jobs are unpaid "internships" and all the paid jobs are boring.

The problem is, unpaid internships are hellof illegal if they involve fixed hours and regular tasks for over 3 months, and I don't know what to do. Do I apply for the awesome three month internship with 8 hour days and no expenses, and take another evening job to fund it, and think "well, it's illegal but it's work experience" or do I say "nope, no illegal work for me!" and go back to the supermarket for the entire summer ( :-() or do I try and get the internship and also minimum wage for it?

Bah. I hate this! I cannot afford to take a company to court. Why doesn't the government enforce this law?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #1359 on: 18 Mar 2010, 05:09 »

I'm looking at one to two months of unpaid grunt work in the local law firms that will have me, just so I can put a few lines on my resume to make it more likely that I might get a shitty low paid job doing slightly better grunt work when I graduate.
But if one more restaurant/bar makes me work a night as a 'trial shift' I'll fucking scream. I have never been offered a job at the end of one of them and I walk out without the $50 they should have paid me having worked my arse off for them.

No, nothing constructive. Just venting.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1360 on: 18 Mar 2010, 05:16 »

This ad was in the arts pages of Melbourne's broadsheet newspaper, the Age, today:

Publishers: Who's the Stallion?
This book won't make you vomit. But you'll want to hit somebody! If you're male. Sing from the rooftops if female. Outsell Dan Brown if a Publisher. Guys will buy it to rip it to shreds Girls to shove it up the boys and me because it keeps surprsing me: 200,000 words of evidence. An overwhelming critically compelling mass. Savvy sexy & salacious. And live on TV before launching I'll place history's most romantic most controversial and most polarizing bet. Depending on the Readers' response to the question on the last page: I'll win the bet! Or lose (my last $10,000). Males mad and emasculated by the book will vote No! Females triumphantly empowered by it will vote Yes! The question: Of 1,000 Heroes from 10,000 years who on the basis of popular genes is Stallion of The Millenium? Evidence in the book proves conclusively that the winner of this once in 10,000 years World title contest is Your humble servant. Publishers unafraid to publish The Stallion, contact him: [name & email address]©2010

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #1361 on: 18 Mar 2010, 06:26 »

That ad was mind boggling.

This post won't make you vomit.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #1362 on: 18 Mar 2010, 15:41 »

Topday i got up at 6 to go to the post office hub and searched through oxes of undelivered packages until I found mine. Upon opening it i found out that I didn't have one rquired document with me, I went to my mom's house for it. The I left for the embassy, I handed in the documents and filled out a form and I was told that I would have my visa by monday. This is a huge relief and  I am quite pleased, i also found out that I did not have to pay anything for the visa which was even better.

I also got my h1n1 vaccine and now my arm hurts

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1363 on: 18 Mar 2010, 16:32 »

goddamnit, I was really excited for the Planet Earth guys' new thing Life next Sunday, but I just found out that it's narrated by OPRAH FUCKING WINFREY.

I honestly don't know if I'm gonna be able to watch it now.  :-(
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1364 on: 18 Mar 2010, 16:58 »

Tape it, send a copy to me. I'll re-record it and upload the file to mediafire. You can then watch watch it with Me doing the narration. If you ask Ballard/Gene he will tell you this is a pretty good deal.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

öde

« Reply #1365 on: 18 Mar 2010, 17:17 »

I wouldn't ask Gene anything right now.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1366 on: 19 Mar 2010, 08:24 »

Hey has any one noticed that long after the whole meme has come and gone that tommy still mentions frighteningly often that I blow? I finally worked out why.

It is to distract people from his own role as Ultimate Dicksucker.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #1367 on: 19 Mar 2010, 09:29 »

goddamnit, I was really excited for the Planet Earth guys' new thing Life next Sunday, but I just found out that it's narrated by OPRAH FUCKING WINFREY.

I honestly don't know if I'm gonna be able to watch it now.  :-(

wait till you get the dvds. It's definitely not oprah on this side of the ocean (tip: it's Attenborough)

This show is fantastic by the way.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1368 on: 19 Mar 2010, 15:19 »

Man I fuckin' hate when they can't just import DVDs with the original narration. I put up with it for Planet Earth because I have a massive crush on Sigourney Weaver, but come on guys. David Attenborough is a sex machine, stop replacing him.

Also if you guys haven't seen The Blue Planet, get it. It is by the same producers, made earlier, and solely about the ocean. Courtney and I watched like the entire thing in a night and it was so fucking awesome.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #1369 on: 19 Mar 2010, 15:25 »

dvds

psh more liek BluRay, amirite?

(yes, I am.)
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1370 on: 19 Mar 2010, 15:34 »

Blue Planet is amazing. I spent one night watching stuff about deep sea creatures and my mind was blown. I'm pretty sure I just sat there watching it going, "Whoooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cooooooooooool."

Blagginess, tonight I am going to dinner tonight to celebrate a friend's birthday and said friend also just found out she got an artist assistantship, so I'm super happy for her! And then a bunch of us are going to this thing and we're going to dance dance dance.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1371 on: 19 Mar 2010, 16:23 »

Wooo!!! I got my job at Hot Topic!!! Yes!!!!
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1372 on: 19 Mar 2010, 17:43 »

You know what's awkward? Running into your therapist and her girlfriend at the supermarket.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #1373 on: 19 Mar 2010, 17:45 »

And as a close second: inadvertently cock-blocking your own father.

Edit: Will I regret this post more than any other I've made on the internet? Only sobriety will tell!
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010, 17:55 by october1983 »
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1374 on: 19 Mar 2010, 18:46 »

You know what's awkward? Running into your therapist and her girlfriend at the supermarket.

having had this exact same thing happen except sans girlfriend, i can assure you i completely understand
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1375 on: 19 Mar 2010, 19:02 »

also it looks like despite being hilariously stupid and academically underqualified (or so i thought), i guess i got into simon fraser university in vancouver. this means i got into all three schools i applied for after all, despite a former professor saying my grades were way too low to really stand a chance of getting in anywhere. simon fraser university is a really, really good school and i sort of wrote them off because i figured i wouldn't stand any chance whatsoever of getting in there. now i guess they want me after all... except i already accepted my offer to ottawa. and i really, really want to live in ottawa. but i also really, really want to live in vancouver.

fucking hell, i was honestly sort of hoping they would reject me just so i wouldn't have to stress about this. time to make the the Big Decision.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010, 19:12 by tania »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1376 on: 19 Mar 2010, 19:54 »

Tania, I support you going to Vancouver because maybe a third of my friends from Ontario have moved to Vancouver and I think that is hilarious.

Vancouver Pros
Vancouver Cons
Ottawa Pros
Ottawa Cons
Nice weather
Good shows
Lots of hippies
The Sea!
  Expensive living
Lots of hipsters
  You have already accepted
Ottawa is a choice school too
You could go protest things?
Or hit Harper with a pie!
  Not as cool as Vancouver
OK it is friday night I am
not making pro/con tables
time to go out to the bar
there is a band playing
or something
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2010, 19:59 by Slick »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1377 on: 19 Mar 2010, 23:45 »

Is there an overlap of hippies and hipsters?

I second the notion of moving to vancouver though.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #1378 on: 20 Mar 2010, 02:02 »

Vancouver Pros
I'm here!
Most of our musicians haven't sold out yet
Lots of hippies
Lots of hipsters

Vancouver Cons
Not enough hipsters!
SERIOUSLY expensive living
Jobs suck

Ottawa Pros
I guess it's close to Montreal

Ottawa Cons
In Ottawa, Friday nights fuck you
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1379 on: 20 Mar 2010, 06:10 »

technically i would be going to school and living in burnaby, is that still expensive?
my gut reaction tells me "yeah, proabbly".

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1380 on: 20 Mar 2010, 06:25 »

A strange man in the library just told me I have a very delicate voice and that I should shave my beard and play Romeo. Then he regaled a story about how a Japanese reporter told him he should've played Harry Potter in the films. Good times!

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #1381 on: 20 Mar 2010, 07:26 »

Tania my cousin goes to OU and she constantly tells me how much she loves it. It's not actually that bad and there IS stuff to do. The Byward Market is really cool and there are tons of wicked bars. Also aren't they giving you a ridiculous amount of money?
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1382 on: 20 Mar 2010, 10:47 »

Guys, look who I met today!

Tangentially connected, I now have more meal tickets than meals remaining before I leave. Three breakfasts tomorrow? I think so.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #1383 on: 20 Mar 2010, 15:23 »

But if one more restaurant/bar makes me work a night as a 'trial shift' I'll fucking scream. I have never been offered a job at the end of one of them and I walk out without the $50 they should have paid me having worked my arse off for them.

Is that even legal? Dammit, you should go for a revolution or something.

Dear blog thread, leaving for one week of theatre, theatre, theatre in London tomorrow. School study trip involving Les Misserables, Lion King, Woman in Black, Waiting for Godot and weeee.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1384 on: 20 Mar 2010, 15:32 »

Oh man Woman in Black is actually a fantastic production, especially in the Fortune Theatre. I went to see it with school years ago, and then took my girlfriend just a month or two ago and its still just as engrossing as I remembered it.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1385 on: 20 Mar 2010, 16:15 »

allison they are giving me a ton of money it is true, but simon fraser has basically the #1 criminology program in canada and so many amazing professors and resources for my thesis it would actually be insane to turn down this opportunity. i would still be eligible for scholarships but i'd have to apply for them and they would be on the basis of academic achievement and also extremely competitive. also it is thousands of kilometers away from toronto and i have never moved so far in my life and that scares me a little bit.

oh god what am i going to do

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1386 on: 20 Mar 2010, 16:35 »

Dear blog thread.

Today I had a staring contest with a packet of sweetener.

I won.

I also watched two hours of Tracy Beaker Returns.

While walking through the corridor, I passed a famous actress who recognised me and smiled.

All in all it has been a perfectly normal Saturday.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1387 on: 20 Mar 2010, 16:50 »

Blog thread, I painted this today.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1388 on: 20 Mar 2010, 17:04 »

That pagebreak was a total accident.

Mein Tumblr

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1389 on: 20 Mar 2010, 21:59 »

I went and say Emilie Autumn last night, and it was a fantastic show.  It was a theatrical burlesque show with lots of tea and muffins being thrown on the audience, but her between song banter was painfully scripted and forced, which got quite tedious (and also there was a really forced and weird lesbian thing with lots of girl on girl makeouts).  Emilie was amazing and put on an excellent show but she was outshone by her backing girls The Bloody Crumpets.  Those girls were incredible!  There was one who was AWESOME with a hula hoop and later danced around on stilts (she was a tiny drunk pirate burlesque girl), another very very sexy one with the most amazing boobs who did an awesome fan dance and so on.  Hats off to girls who can don tight tight corsets and still run around stage, climb on arches, dance on stilts and use a hula hoop.  It was a 2 hour show, I'm amazed none of them died.  Although you could tell they were English, as Emilie thanked us all for coming out in the horrible heat and we were all like...it's pouring rain and if anything, a little chilly.  But she did also spend two hours in very energetic performance in a corset so you know, she was probably feeling it a little more than us.  (Also she's English)

There was this douchebag in front of me who was dancing in the most spectacularly stupid way and getting in my way and being an incredible distraction.  The urge to [put an elbow into his face was VERY hard to control.

I think derby might have turned me into an angry person! <3
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1390 on: 20 Mar 2010, 22:56 »

lots of tea . . . being thrown on the audience

Ow . . .?

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1391 on: 20 Mar 2010, 23:39 »

I was gonna assume she meant tea bags. I mean, it's not a GWAR show.

Zingoleb

« Reply #1392 on: 21 Mar 2010, 02:40 »

Guys, my roommate left behind some Beanie Babies

I haven't had stuffed animals in like ten years

I sleep with this one all the time

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1393 on: 21 Mar 2010, 03:32 »

oh god what am i going to do

go to simon fraser and then let me come over and stay at your place so i can go drool over the pipe band?
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1394 on: 21 Mar 2010, 04:40 »

lots of tea . . . being thrown on the audience

Ow . . .?

It was cold tea I think.  I was out of range.  I think there was also water, and at one point, glitter.  But it was thrown from tea cups, tea pots and there was alot of spitting of tea.  Which is totally gross.  I was trying to work out what the hell I would do if I ended up with a piece of muffin.  Thankfully the decision never had to be made.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1395 on: 21 Mar 2010, 06:04 »

You know, I used to write stuff. A few years ago, I did short bits of fiction for this online newspaper on Neopets.com, where they published stories and articles with the site and its virtual world as a general theme. I was part of a writer community back then too, all of them writing stories for that weekly paper, and apparently I wasn't too shabby at it either. I enjoyed that, being able to put bits of imagination on paper, and plenty of people even read it. But then I stopped. That creative drive kind of ebbed away over time, and I could no longer get things on paper. Apparently, this was around the time computer games started taking up a lot of my time. After that, the only incentives I got for writing were little sparks of imagination that never really could flick on the lightbulb. The funny thing is, lately I've been having all sorts of new ideas.

This week I finished Dragon Age and, with no incentive to play it again any time soon, wanted to buy the new STALKER game. For the special edition I wanted you have to sign up with a credit card number, which means my parents won't let me use theirs and I have to request one from my own bank. No big deal, but sometimes they're just a bit too paranoid, my mom especially. A few days ago I forgot my music player in the lecture room and she's like "Buhh, you're never going to see it again". The next day I found it at the reception where someone simply turned it in. Surprise surprise, not everyone in the world is a criminal.

So anyway, I'm waiting for my new credit card to arrive - damn that was a lot of paperwork that came with the contract - without any games to play, when suddenly a concept story just puts itself together in my mind. With cows that live in marshes and that float on their intestinal gases in the wet season while feeding off water plants. Where the hell did that come from? Well, apparently all that creative energy is sucked up by the games I've been playing, probably by thinking of ways in which it could be better or filling in the gaps in the backstory myself. I wonder if this works similar to other people? That anyone can be a novelist, only their creativity goes into other things rather than turning inward? I don't know, but I'm going to try and see if this bottled-up imagination lends itself to writing. But first I have 2 exams to study for. Fuck.

Oh, and apparently I have a right side subtotal pneumothorax. I went to the doctor saying that my right lung felt as if it was coming off my chest slightly, which is apparently common among young, tall, slim men. Then I got sent to the hospital for an x-ray - that went like clockwork, that hospital works like an assembly line, only for fixing people - and nothing was visible. In hindsight, I could probably have told them that. When I felt something was wrong, I made a doctor's appointment, but by the time that and the x-ray came around it was gone already. Only now it's come back again. So I could go back to the hospital, again, where they might say nothing is wrong, again, or wait for it to go away like last time. Or the worst-case scenario, where they do find something on the x-ray and I get a tube shoved in my chest. That, or I don't go, and the lung collapses entirely and I get a tube shoved in my chest anyway. Seems like a no-brainer, now that I think about it...
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2010, 06:10 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #1396 on: 21 Mar 2010, 06:52 »

Tonight was Pixies night!!

They played Doolittle in its entirety, as well as all the b-sides (4 at the beginning, 2 more in the first encore), and then a 2nd encore of some well-known non-Doolittle tracks (such as "Caribou", "Where Is My Mind", and "Gigantic" as the finisher). They played fantastically well and the visuals were great, too. For some reason I was incredibly touched by the video that was projected behind them when they played "Here Comes Your Man". Someone just videoed them listening to the song, and reacting to it, and nodding their heads along with it, but something about it is just really really lovely. Here it is on YouTube (actually I think this is a slightly different version, but you get the idea):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJUX2jCG_0

I know it's just a nostalgia tour and they haven't recorded anything new in two decades but given how acrimonious it all seemed when they broke up, and given that they never got their just desserts the first time around, and given how massively influential they've been, I couldn't be happier that they're now finally getting a chance to earn some decent cash from their music (the visuals, set design, and lighting of the show were really top-notch and they were playing in the largest non-stadium venue in Melbourne), and are obviously having a great time doing it, and are still rocking the fuck out.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2010, 06:54 by Inlander »

sean

• welp
« Reply #1397 on: 21 Mar 2010, 19:20 »

man guys i am so bummed i have been missing my favorite pair of chucks since chirstmas and today i just found out they've been in my cousins car and he just threw them out today.

so considering that is what i have to be bummed out about life is pretty rad right now.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1398 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:21 »

Got an email from a nonprofit in Ballard, they want to use one of my songs in a video.

BITCHES I'M FAMOUS

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1399 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:58 »

who are you