THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 888236 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3850 on: 06 Aug 2010, 19:12 »

Are you bringing something to be appraised or just checkin' out old shit?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3851 on: 06 Aug 2010, 19:31 »

I brought a butterfly pin dated from 1899 and two watches that belonged to my great-grandmother. My mom brought a print and a few cameos. I am sure we will be checkin out some old shit while we're there, if we can.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #3852 on: 06 Aug 2010, 20:51 »

Antiquing: Bender's least used word and a lot more fun than it sounds!

So, I've been working 8 hour days and taking a three hour night class the last two months.  Not sleeping much, not finding time for friends, not finding time for attempting to put together a band, going crazy with schooling, living Idaho, ect.  Been dealing with life stress like everyone does.  At least I have a pretty good concert season this fall.  And, I've been posting more because I like you guys.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3853 on: 07 Aug 2010, 02:21 »

No body I do not need more than five hours of sleep each night what do you think you're not the boss of me!

Seriously guys, I am going to be so dead at the end of this festival it's insane. I've basically gone out every night woken up at 8 the next morning to work (although today I woke up because I'm fairly certain my flatmate was having an orgy or something. Odd) but like I'm going on very little sleep, and still having a blast.

Last night I went to Lach's Antihoot (which all of you New Yorkers should go to by the way it's awesome) and saw a bunch of people play who I would definitely recommend seeing if I knew their names (but I talked to the organizer and she's going to e-mail me the list). And tonight I'm seeing Found to review them (and also because YEAH), and then going to a friend's flat party (from who I am getting a drumset also YEAH).

My life is pretty incredible at the moment, but I don't know whether I'm going to be alive at the end of the month.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3854 on: 07 Aug 2010, 04:28 »

The Fringe sounds like it is amazing - I'm getting text updates from a friend who is there at the moment and I'm so jealous, I want to go now! But my props and costumes are not ready so it's a good job I don't leave until Friday!

In contrast to all you guys I've been sleeping around 12 hours a night, although never a full night through - my mouse wakes me up frequently, and last night I got a text at 4.44am which I didn't realise I'd heard, but I reached for my phone to use as a light as I crossed my bedroom and saw the message icon. If I didn't like the person who had texted me so much, I'd be a bit cross about it!

Is it a sign of aging that I can't sleep through the night any more? I once slept through four fire engines arriving outside my room and putting out a fire across the street!

ETA: Not sure where this should go really, but I'm intrigued by the US's introduction of a charge to apply for a visa waiver. The money will go to "fund a programme which aims to promote tourism in the US and attract foreign spending". Riiiiiight... you want to encourage foreign tourism, so you charge people for the priviledge of applying to enter the country?
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2010, 04:50 by Barmymoo »
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3855 on: 07 Aug 2010, 07:30 »

Actually if the thing tries to charge you I'm pretty sure it's a scam. The visa waiver is supposed to be free. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3856 on: 07 Aug 2010, 07:30 »

Or at least the expensive way.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #3857 on: 07 Aug 2010, 08:23 »

Assuming you are talking about the ESTA, it is free and you should bever pay for it ever. Ask tommy for some details about it.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3858 on: 07 Aug 2010, 08:46 »

I have a valid visa waiver at the moment, but the US government are introducing a fee from September. It isn't exactly a lot but still.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3859 on: 07 Aug 2010, 15:12 »

Relevant FAQs from U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Q:    What about the $10 fee for ESTA?
A:    The ESTA application is currently free. Congress has passed legislation titled the “Travel Promotion Act.” This law calls for DHS to collect a fee from Visa Waiver Program travelers to promote travel to the United States.

Q:    I have seen other websites that are assisting travelers in applying for their ESTA application. Is there a benefit to using one of these other sites?
A:    No. Use of a private service to apply for travel authorization via ESTA will not expedite approval. Third party websites that charge a fee to provide information about ESTA and to submit ESTA applications for VWP travelers are not endorsed by, associated with, or affiliated in any way with DHS or the U.S. government.
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2010, 15:14 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #3860 on: 07 Aug 2010, 15:41 »

how is charging a dude extra money gonna make him want to travel

in other news, today has been spent making cookies and air guitaring to Black Sabbath

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #3861 on: 07 Aug 2010, 16:00 »

Jace and I just successfully stalked David Dovey.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #3862 on: 07 Aug 2010, 16:08 »

Is that really the done thing?
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3863 on: 07 Aug 2010, 16:26 »

Dear blag,

I've un-quit weed, been smoking again all week. I know marijuana isn't a solution to my problems, but it certainly has kept me from offing myself this week. So I'll be damned if I'm going to risk my life just because a plant is illegal.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #3864 on: 07 Aug 2010, 16:36 »

Far be it for me to be unsympathetic to the plight of the down-heartened but, huh...?
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3865 on: 07 Aug 2010, 17:18 »

Jace and I just successfully stalked David Dovey.

I'm flattered and all but uh how did you do that thing
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3866 on: 07 Aug 2010, 17:44 »

I got scolded very publicly yesterday at work for apparently not working hard enough, by the girl who is very vocal about how she is "Over all this" and doesn't really do anything properly these days. All because I put some dishes down on a cabinet while clearing a table rather than taking them to the kitchen (which I was going to do after I cleared all the goddamn dishes). I then kept myself busy away from that girl and constantly kept taking plates off that cabinet into the kitchen because people left them there. Pissed. Off. I was so angry that I didn't eat at all my shift; I preferred to go hungry rather than have anything from that place.

It really is the straw that has broken this camel's back. I am getting paid shit money, and now being treated like shit. They're not training me up when I want to learn, they are training the new bosses who can't deal with customers well in the first place, and one of them you can tell doesn't really even want to be there. They're not giving one of the other girls a chance to practice managing the store, but they also aren't paying her more for the manager role she is already doing because they will pay her more "when she gets better". I was going to hold out, because two girls are leaving very soon, and a third will probably be leaving soon as well, and they're not trialling new staff so they're going to be screwed, but fuck them. I really want very little to do with that cafe now, and the fact that I am going to be working there until I get a new job is going to be hard enough as it is.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3867 on: 07 Aug 2010, 21:47 »

So a few months ago I got a routine checkup w/ my doctor and got some bloodwork done. Perfectly normal results except a very abnormally high bilirubin count, which is generally indicative of serious liver problems. I recently got more work done and while not everything has come back, it seems to confirm that yep, I have a chronically high bilirubin while otherwise been exceptionally healthy.

What that more than likely means is that I have Gilbert's Syndrome. Which sounds ridiculously serious and just the name sent me into a spiral of wonder how much it'll cost and how much medication I'll have to take to live a normal healthy life. My worries were a little pre-emptive to say the least, however. Because what Gilbert's Syndrome is is actually the single most badass genetic disorder I have ever heard of. I don't know why they even call it a syndrome- they need to make up a new word to describe this thing because the symptoms basically read like a Fallout 3 perk:

Pros:
  • Increased resistance to heart disease
  • Increased ability to lose and control weight
  • Increased energy
  • I fucking turn yellow when stressed like the goddamn Hulk but much lamer I guess
Cons:
  • Mild ADD
  • Mild insomnia

Basically I am so healthy that even when I get genetic disorders they turn out to be mild superpowers. Fuck yeah, life!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3868 on: 07 Aug 2010, 22:16 »

Also like...a queen ant just flew onto my monitor and I was like "holy shit" and I tried to take a screenshot and then I realized I'm a moron,
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #3869 on: 07 Aug 2010, 23:11 »

There is this girl who I do not get along with. Since the first time we met she's just grated on me and the feeling has always been mutual. This is despite us making very similar jokes, liking similar things and making the same references to things. Anyway at a party last night I confused Eazy-E with Flava Flav and she was a total bitch about it, but it turns out that she really like west coast hiphop while I prefer east coast hiphop and maybe that is why we don't get along. Or maybe it's that she can be a total bitch about confusing some rappers with similar names who played sort of similar roles in their respective groups.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #3870 on: 07 Aug 2010, 23:16 »

To be fair dude how the hell could you confuse E with Flav?
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3871 on: 08 Aug 2010, 03:00 »

Hello interwebs!

I miss you all.  Lately I have been all nostalgic about my internets adventure in America and England and I so badly want to go back and have hang outs again.  But ti will be years before I can afford that again :(  I want to bring Aaron t eat all the tasty American foods and go to England and love Bath as much as I did and everything and he wants to go to Scotland and I want to go to Scotland and siiigh one day.  I miss your stupid faces.  And your fat delicious food.

In other news this week Aaron & I both have Friday off and we are going to Brisbane to see the Eels (!!!!!!)  We are both extremely excited.  Then on Saturday I am getting more of my Alice tattoo done (!!!!!) and then Saturday night is a huge derby double header bout and it will be Aaron's first tiem at a derby bout so he will get to deal with me woiggling aaround nd screaming like a lunatic.  Knowing the teams playing I will mostly be saying DONT USE YOUR FUCKING TOE STOPS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DID YOU NOT LEARN FROM THE BROKEN LEG LAST BOUT? NO? FINE WHATEVER!  I like watching Brisbane City Rollers play because when we start bouting they will be who we first play and they are fucking rubbish.

Basically what I am saying is that I miss you guys (hi Jordan I am glad you have a super power I miss you <3 and danosaur nice avatar SKELETOR PUPPY) and next weekend is going to totally rule.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3872 on: 08 Aug 2010, 08:09 »

Jodie you are always welcome back in Fargo. And this time I have a larger couch, and a bed big enough to share!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3873 on: 08 Aug 2010, 10:14 »

I have Gilbert's Syndrome.

My dad has this.  You are literally only the second person I know --outside of my immediate family-- who has even heard of it, much less has it.   When he gets stressed out, he turns yellow.  Like, for real yellow.  Not quite daffodil yellow, but certainly very noticeable.   Not just his skin, but the whites of his eyes too.   It's really weird.   Otherwise, doesn't seem to affect him much at all.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3874 on: 08 Aug 2010, 14:48 »

Dude, see. I know I do that. I never thought about it critically but I've definitely noticed my eyes turn yellow before but I guess I always always stressed when I noticed so I quickly disregarded it as useless information and forgot, but I had a job interview this last Friday and sure enough, my eyes turned yellow. It's crazy.

ALso, JODIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE COME BACK I MISS YOU SO TERRIBLE.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #3875 on: 08 Aug 2010, 15:07 »

I actually just met a girl with Gilbert's. I guess whenever she doesn't keep hydrated or have three meals a day she gets really sick, jaundiced, and starts throwing up. She calls it being visited by Ol' Gilby.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3876 on: 08 Aug 2010, 15:28 »

JODIE JODIE JODIE JODIE JODIE
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3877 on: 08 Aug 2010, 16:04 »

It's not a real condition unless it's been on House.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3878 on: 08 Aug 2010, 16:31 »

I actually just met a girl with Gilbert's. I guess whenever she doesn't keep hydrated or have three meals a day she gets really sick, jaundiced, and starts throwing up. She calls it being visited by Ol' Gilby.
oh god I am glad I don't have that. I forget to eat and drink with astounding regularity.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3879 on: 08 Aug 2010, 16:40 »

I forget to eat and drink pretty regularly too and have never experienced that. In fact, my wife is constantly marveling at how I can consistently practically starve myself without even noticing.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3880 on: 08 Aug 2010, 16:43 »

My lack-of-food superpower is Loss of Consciousness. It has not proved very useful thus far.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3881 on: 08 Aug 2010, 16:54 »

Before I worked at a cafe, I rarely ate with regularity, and ended up going a couple days without anything more substantial than a slice of cheese without even noticing. Now that food's readily available, and the job itself has a lot of downtime, I munch a lot more. It's unfortunate.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3882 on: 08 Aug 2010, 17:00 »

I forget to eat sometimes! When I lived with my dad sometimes I would forget to eat dinner then it would be too late to eat something before going to bed so I would drink some tea and the milk would fill me up enough to let me sleep. I do that less now that I am not living there, because I am happier and ben gets cranky when I don't eat.

I am trying to be productive today! I have written a to do list, and already ticked one this off it! I had to call my health fund to ask about some form that I couldn't access. I really hate calling companies, because I always end up getting frustrated because I either can't understand the people on the other end, or what they explain doesn't make sense and I am on hold forever and so forth. I avoid it as much as possible. But this time it was positively painless; there wasn't a million automated menus, I wasn't on hold forever while a smarmy voice told me how important I was, the lady I talked to was nice and very helpful and it was over and done with quickly! This is a definite point toward the helth fund I chose slightly arbitrarily, so that is good.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3883 on: 08 Aug 2010, 20:27 »

hey speaking of health stuff!

i don't have any superpowers but i do get to get some of my guts removed on tuesday! i am so excited guys you have no idea mostly because fuck yeah no more nasty backaches keeping me awake 4ev4r but also i conned boy into getting me flowers (i am so in like with him) and also i get to hang out on my mom's ranch for a week which i really enjoy because it is like the most peaceful place in the world and it has cuddly cows and horses and kitties and doggies including babies of half of the above
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #3884 on: 08 Aug 2010, 21:23 »

So, at the start of the summer, I told myself I was gonna do the following things before it ended:
-Move out
-Build a Dragon Age mod
-Reach some kind of milestone with a screenplay I'd been working on
-Get a girlfriend

None of these things has happened so far, and I've got 3 weeks left to do them.  The first and last ones have highest priority.  Anyways, I'm just mentioning it here because I'm taking bets on which ones (if any) get done. 

On the positive side, things I have done this summer:
-Patched things up with a friend of mine
-Made a BUNCH of new friends (who I don't have to explain most of my jokes to, which is a HUGE plus)
-Tried a lot of new food
-Found out that I can cook pretty decent food if I have a recipe
-Obtained something resembling actual muscle
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3885 on: 08 Aug 2010, 21:43 »

Anyone in the Vancouver area need furniture? (Tania?)

I am too lazy to make a thread about this so thbbbtt
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3886 on: 08 Aug 2010, 21:44 »

also dang my friend from Maryland who I haven't seen in a year is coming up to visit whoooo
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

sean

• welp
« Reply #3887 on: 08 Aug 2010, 21:51 »

ive been traveling around new york, so i hung out with gene for an hour or two today. it was chill.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3888 on: 08 Aug 2010, 22:22 »

I went to a party last night and got drunk and somebody shoved a guitar in my face and now I might be joining a decent band.

My shitty Jesuscore band and I recorded a song today. I should be receiving it in my email inbox within the next day or so. I will post it as soon as I can. It's not amazing though, I will warn you now and again when I post it.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3889 on: 08 Aug 2010, 23:15 »

Lately, I have been playing lots of ultimate Frisbee. We play in the school gym, somewhat illegally but it's a good spot to play at night because of the size and the light. The other night, as I was leaving, I walked past the janitor's office and it was open so I walk in and find the little box with the keys in it wide open.

One of my friends has a master key to the school, so I call him in there and I compare keys until I find one that matches. So now I have a master key to the school. This is exciting.

Also: Tonight, I slipped in someone's sweat and fell.

nobo

« Reply #3890 on: 09 Aug 2010, 03:21 »

I hope you didn't take the janitor's key. You know that could put his job at risk if he can't get where he needs to be.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3891 on: 09 Aug 2010, 05:46 »

Dude, why does your friend have a master key anyway? That could lead to serious trouble if someone finds out.

I have managed to cut myself quite badly with a piece of sewing cotton. Hm.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3892 on: 09 Aug 2010, 06:32 »

Blog thread updates:

The good:
The girlfriend's landlord buckled like a belt when we confronted them about the $625 she "owed." Now, she is getting back $485. Win.

The uh-oh:
I have been having stomach problems for months. I finally went to the doctor. Based on my symptoms, if I don't have some sort of bacterial infection, it is probably Crohn's or ulcerative colitis. Fun in a bun.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3893 on: 09 Aug 2010, 07:22 »

One of my friends has a master key to the school, so I call him in there and I compare keys until I find one that matches. So now I have a master key to the school. This is exciting.

You should really put that key back. Seriously, that's not cool.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3894 on: 09 Aug 2010, 09:00 »

one of the great mysteries of the world that will never cease to astound me is how, no matter how minimally you try to live or how much you overestimate, you never realize how much shit you truly have until the time comes to start putting it into boxes. i had like a hundred boxes and now i need more boxes and i do not understand how were all those boxes not enough
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3895 on: 09 Aug 2010, 10:15 »

So, i came to work a bit earlier than usual, and guess what.

3 minutes into the coffee, one of our boats pulls up, and the crew start waving rather enthausiastically. Why? THIS IS WHY?! It was soooo cuuute! (yes, i know its in dutch, but just look at it!)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3896 on: 09 Aug 2010, 11:06 »

Aww! :3

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #3897 on: 09 Aug 2010, 11:24 »

My roommate threw a party at our apartment last night and let people smoke cigarettes inside... It is trashed, all my bottled water is gone, and it smells like a bowling alley.  I have to go to work for 8 hours then have my three hour class tonight.  If it isn't clean and smelling fresh when I get home I'm probably going to have a freak out.   :-(

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #3898 on: 09 Aug 2010, 11:45 »

Dear 1994 Toyota Camry with Cracked Radiator,

FUCK YOU

Best,
Chris

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3899 on: 09 Aug 2010, 11:53 »

Beach trip today and it should be awesome!
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81   Go Up