THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 03:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's the best way to deal with cock-blocking motherfuckers?

Hey it's a cruel world, every man for himself.
- 12 (27.3%)
Rex! Sic balls!
- 4 (9.1%)
Two cocks enter, one cock leaves! two cocks enter, one cock leaves!
- 14 (31.8%)
Set phasers to emasculate.
- 9 (20.5%)
FTW(in the original sense) and go 99 Luftballons on the whole fucking world!
- 5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: 07 Feb 2010, 22:13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Feb 1-5  (Read 84700 times)

westrim

Re: WCT Feb 1-5
« Reply #100 on: 03 Feb 2010, 00:31 »

Nuke the Eastern seaboard, West Coast FTW! After the American Civil War 2 in 2056, the entire east side of the former US, right up to the Mississippi river, was turned into radioactive cinders after the Governator bots of Silicon Valley took over the Wyoming Missile Silos. Mysteriously, the contents of the Smithsonian buildings survived unharmed.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 01:01 by westrim »

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #101 on: 03 Feb 2010, 01:59 »

Faye's best friend is Marten. She said so in 1089.

Jeph said once that Faye was tolerating Dora's attentions because Dora's her boss, which puts a different complexion on things.
Oh shit.

But dammit, it's so cute!

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #102 on: 03 Feb 2010, 05:03 »

Gotta leave Halifax and St. John's intact though - Alexander Keith's Brewery is too important to lose and St. John's is an awesome place to party.

Not so sure if Tai's "own thing" qualifies as solid gold - the other has less maintenance and fewer people trying to steal it.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

sudamerican

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #103 on: 03 Feb 2010, 05:06 »

Tai's hair looks great in today's comic. keep it that way please?
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #104 on: 03 Feb 2010, 05:44 »

Yesterday's poll results:

What's the best way to deal with Groundhogs who see their shadow?

Ignore it, it's just an oversized rat, what does he know about the weather?    - 9 (16.1%)
Make a hat out of it.    - 5 (8.9%)
Introduce him to Rex, your German shepherd that likes to chew things    - 7 (12.5%)
Set phasers to bitch-slap!    - 13 (23.2%)
Anyone for Groundhog stew?    - 4 (7.1%)
Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure. Matter of fact, just take out all of Western Pennsylvania while you're at it.    - 18 (32.1%)

Total Voters: 56

New poll is up.

Oh cone on - I live near Punxatawny, I've had the stew thay make out of Phil every year.  Don't you guys know anything

Tastes like pork, BTW - the dark, fatty pork that isn't the "other white meat". 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Taigan

• Plantmonster
« Reply #105 on: 03 Feb 2010, 06:51 »

Wait... that also means that now Faye is working, hanging out, and living with Dora.  I foresee that becoming a strain.  A little TOO MUCH togetherness?  Even without random bed glompings.

lhasafi

• Plantmonster
  • Looking for a recipe for yelling-bird stew
« Reply #106 on: 03 Feb 2010, 08:27 »

Seconded. Tai's hair is awesome. On a completely unrelated note, her shirt/blouse looks like a pajama top. In a hurry to get to work?

Kalibur

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #107 on: 03 Feb 2010, 08:57 »

Seconded. Tai's hair is awesome. On a completely unrelated note, her shirt/blouse looks like a pajama top. In a hurry to get to work?

Thirded, gotta love the hair.

Marten seems less flustered when challeneged than normal too, in my opinion.

klaatu

• Not quite a lurker
  • This is my happy face.
« Reply #108 on: 03 Feb 2010, 11:02 »

Since when does Tai have boobs?

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #109 on: 03 Feb 2010, 11:04 »

Since the strips that took place in her dorm room, at least. There's an entire thread about it, somewhere 'round here.
Today's strip makes an amusing pair with 1292. Tai needs to take her own advice.

I'm not sure Tai is that self-aware. Or knows much about kidney stones, judging by her analogy.
This is the problem having bosses who are friends. Still, beats bosses who are enemies. As for Faye's over-saturation with Dora, remember, she asked for it. She should have kept her oar out of the water when Dora was trying to sort things out.

Gotta leave Halifax and St. John's intact though - Alexander Keith's Brewery is too important to lose and St. John's is an awesome place to party.
St. John's still is a party place? (Never been there, just remember one character making plans to go there and raise hell in a novel I read in the seventies—called it "Sin John's.")
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 11:06 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Kross

• Plantmonster
    • I Can Haz Posse?
« Reply #110 on: 03 Feb 2010, 12:01 »

I love Tai's new 'do.
Huntress (talking to The Question on a cellphone): So what are you wearing?
The Question: Blue overcoat. Fedora.
Huntress: You really stink at this.
The Question: ...Orange socks?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #111 on: 03 Feb 2010, 13:39 »

What do people think? Was Faye being tongue in cheek when she complained about sexual harassment?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #112 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:17 »

Uh, what now, Tai? Why should Marten have thought to invite you? You are his boss, you've never invited him to anything (as far as I can remember), seems a little silly to expect him to suddenly invite you to help his g/f move. Especially this, actually, it's not like they were all going out to drinks and you missed a social interaction that way. (Aren't there enough jokes about people hating being asked to help someone move, or do those only apply to those with trucks?  :-P)
Seems odd and out of the blue to me.

I do like Tai's hair though. Definitely suits her.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #113 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:23 »

Personally, I think it's cause Tai's got a crush on either Faye or Hanners.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #114 on: 03 Feb 2010, 14:43 »

"Or?"
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

westrim

« Reply #115 on: 03 Feb 2010, 15:08 »

Holy bovine, stop obsessing over her hair people. She's had the hairstyle for months. It's just that she had no glasses on.
http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1540

And it's not like Marten and Dora haven't been, erm acquainted with Tai more intimately than just employee and employee's girlfriend.
http://questionablecontent.net./comics/1247.png
http://questionablecontent.net./comics/1249.png

Uh, what now, Tai? Why should Marten have thought to invite you? You are his boss, you've never invited him to anything (as far as I can remember),
Nrrdcon http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1511, surveys, go ahead and use the copy room to bang- several invitations. She has been on social outings with them before.

And Canada was completely unharmed in the war. Even at Niagara, only the American falls were destroyed. St John's is gone, though. Hey, there's always San Diego!

« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 15:17 by westrim »

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #116 on: 03 Feb 2010, 15:36 »

Tai, you're easily Marten's biggest competition for Dora's affections.

And wait a tick, Marten!  That analogy stinks!  A solid gold lawn would be horrible!  Like thousands of golden needles poking out waiting for someone to trip into them via a loose piece of sidewalk. 

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #117 on: 03 Feb 2010, 15:50 »

I like tai's hair in this comic.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #118 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:16 »

Tai, you're easily Marten's biggest competition for Dora's affections.

And wait a tick, Marten!  That analogy stinks!  A solid gold lawn would be horrible!  Like thousands of golden needles poking out waiting for someone to trip into them via a loose piece of sidewalk. 

Nah, you just need a good lawnmower, and a place to store the gold so you don't flood the market.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

westrim

« Reply #119 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:27 »

I like tai's hair in this comic.
*facepalm* I am surrounded by goldfish. And people who don't read posts 2 before theirs before posting.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 16:30 by westrim »

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #120 on: 03 Feb 2010, 16:34 »

It's just shaggy bed head in the other comic. She has the top part pushed up in this one?
Either way I like it. And GOD Jeph your art has gotten outstanding.
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #121 on: 03 Feb 2010, 17:00 »

Quote from: westrim
And it's not like Marten and Dora haven't been, erm acquainted with Tai more intimately than just employee and employee's girlfriend.

That was a spur of the moment decision, and Marten clearly was uncomfortable the whole time. Seemed almost double when Dora got involved. Can't really blame him for not wanting to invite Tai anywhere in that case...

Quote from: Moxie
Uh, what now, Tai? Why should Marten have thought to invite you? You are his boss, you've never invited him to anything (as far as I can remember),
Nrrdcon http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1511, surveys, go ahead and use the copy room to bang- several invitations. She has been on social outings with them before.[/quote]

Nrrdcon also seemed spur of the moment - Tai invited him because he asked about it, not necessarily because she was planning on inviting him. (Though it could have gone the same way if Marten had brought up Dora's moving at work too).
What surveys? I don't remember that. And as far as using the copy room to bang...I'm not certain that really qualifies as social outings.

Sorry, my point was more that if Tai does invite Marten and co. out, it seems more spur of the moment, not necessarily because she thinks of them. So why should Marten be expected to think of her?

westrim

« Reply #122 on: 03 Feb 2010, 18:30 »

It's just shaggy bed head in the other comic. She has the top part pushed up in this one?
Either way I like it. And GOD Jeph your art has gotten outstanding.
She looked otherwise ready to go about her day and she didn't complain of being awakened, so that didn't occur to me. But aside from the forehead it still looks the same, so my points stand: she's already had this hair, no one commented then, and it's mildly disturbing (to me, as someone with only passing familiarity with a comb, never mind gel or a brush) that so many feel the need to comment on it now. It's a hairstyle people, not even a color change like Dora's.
And yeah, the quality improvement is noticeable even from that comic which he made just a few months ago.

That was a spur of the moment decision, and Marten clearly was uncomfortable the whole time. Seemed almost double when Dora got involved. Can't really blame him for not wanting to invite Tai anywhere in that case...

Nrrdcon also seemed spur of the moment - Tai invited him because he asked about it, not necessarily because she was planning on inviting him. (Though it could have gone the same way if Marten had brought up Dora's moving at work too).
What surveys? I don't remember that. And as far as using the copy room to bang...I'm not certain that really qualifies as social outings.

Sorry, my point was more that if Tai does invite Marten and co. out, it seems more spur of the moment, not necessarily because she thinks of them. So why should Marten be expected to think of her?

He was uncomfortable because that's who he is; doing an activity involving non sexual partners junk is unsettling to him. Do you think he'd feel any better if it was Hannelore?

Spontaneity is not an argument against friendship (especially given the major things she's been spontaneous about). She invited him, he went. She's bounced a couple of class surveys off of him. And I was counting the copy room debacle not as a social outing, but as an invitation.

My only point was that she is one of his friends (just not part of the CoD circle), not just his boss. Notice that her being his boss is not the reason he presents for not involving her, even when presented with the choice.

But hey, it'll probably be resolved tonight so we may all be proved to be talking out of our asses.

jordinyc

« Reply #123 on: 03 Feb 2010, 18:38 »

Holy bovine, stop obsessing over her hair people. She's had the hairstyle for months. It's just that she had no glasses on.
http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1540

http://questionablecontent.net./comics/1247.png
http://questionablecontent.net./comics/1249.png

Nrrdcon http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1511, surveys, go ahead and use the copy room to bang- several invitations. She has been on social outings with them before.

And Canada was completely unharmed in the war. Even at Niagara, only the American falls were destroyed. St John's is gone, though. Hey, there's always San Diego!

This kind of thing was precisely what was going thru my mind about yesterday's comic.

... well, that and THIS:

sorry, too tired and lazy to go all the way to 34 ^_^

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #124 on: 03 Feb 2010, 18:44 »

That should have been Fritz, not Garfield
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

westrim

« Reply #125 on: 03 Feb 2010, 18:48 »

Wth is Garfield doing there? And why do  you have 2 exclamations marks after surprise? :?

Otherwise, it's hilarious.  :mrgreen:

jordinyc

« Reply #126 on: 03 Feb 2010, 18:50 »

It's a nod to this

... tho yes i suppose i could have made him a black cat. ^_^

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #127 on: 03 Feb 2010, 19:00 »

A solid gold lawn would be horrible!  Like thousands of golden needles poking out waiting for someone to trip into them via a loose piece of sidewalk.
Pure gold is so soft that anyone falling on the needles would just flatten them. Gold has to be alloyed (usually with copper) to make it hard enough to stand up to use in jewellery. More entertaining would be a molten gold moat  :evil:. But the electricity bill would be horrendous.  :-o

Buttsecks through a blanket would indeed be a surprise. I'll just go and pop my brain in the dishwasher.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

jordinyc

« Reply #128 on: 03 Feb 2010, 19:02 »

http://tinypic.com/m/8ytg2d/3

any better?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #129 on: 03 Feb 2010, 20:45 »

No, no better.  That's not Fritz the Cat.  I remember reading the Fritz comics about 30 years ago, then Ralph Bakshi made the animated movie.  First animated x-rated movie...

Here's a scene from the movie;

But here's the Fritz I remember;

I miss reading those comics... and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers... Fat Freddy's Cat...

Shit, I got old again. 
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 20:47 by Carl-E »

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #130 on: 03 Feb 2010, 21:34 »

Hey, a tribute to Winnie the Pooh: http://www.fabulousfurryfreakbrothers.com/.

muffmasta

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #131 on: 03 Feb 2010, 21:47 »

I know it was just a joke, but...
If a life of casual sex, drugs and not much work is gold compared to meaningful relationship, friends and a desire for some kind of meaningful imployment (I presume Martin has some intentions to aim for some career at some stage) which is astroturf, why is he in a relationship?
Kinda suggests that he's in a relationship because thats all he can get.

Seems like Tai is a bit bored with the meaninlessness and shallowness of her relationships and hobbies (drugs). Thats pretty understandable, I think! I guess drugs arent that interesting if you are doing them all the time, and sex would lose some of its intrigue if you were doin someone different every night.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #132 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:19 »

What's the best way to deal with Bosses that would like to be more included in the group?

Tell her sure, the more the merrier.    - 7 (17.1%)
Tell her you respect her but you value your professional relationship too much to risk going further.    - 5 (12.2%)
Let her stroke your, um, cat.    - 6 (14.6%)
Set phasers to cuddle. (D'awwww)    - 12 (29.3%)
Nuke the place from orbit, you know what, the whole Eastern Seaboard has to go.    - 11 (26.8%)

Total Voters: 41

Looks like Pintsize is in deep doo-doo.

New poll is up.
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2010, 00:28 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

westrim

« Reply #133 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:21 »

Yay for robot mating activities! That jet engine carried it pretty far though- Bedford is what, 80 miles away from Easthampton by air? Roomba's are pretty heavy.

Hey, I wonder if we'll see Agent Turing again? That would be sweet.

I still have to go with nuking, but from the sound of it Faye is prepared to do the less extreme type. So we may yet be saved.
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2010, 00:31 by westrim »

haikupoet

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #134 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:35 »

Northampton to Chelmsford? That's pretty damn impressive... for a Roomba anyway.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #135 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:50 »

Agent Turing ... So you're thinking of previous robot mating activity?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

westrim

« Reply #136 on: 04 Feb 2010, 00:56 »

Northampton to Chelmsford? That's pretty damn impressive... for a Roomba anyway.
:?  iRobot is based in Bedford, and Jeph lives in EASThampton. One down from both of your places. On another note, it's always weird looking at Eastern states- do you guys have a county per city or something? And Massachusetts looks downright reasonable compared to, say, Georgia.

Agent Turing ... So you're thinking of previous robot mating activity?

Yup. Hoping he turns up on Hanner's doorstep saying "is this your Roomba, ma'am?"
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2010, 00:59 by westrim »

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #137 on: 04 Feb 2010, 01:32 »

and Jeph lives in EASThampton.

Marten doesn't.

I want a baby roomba.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

westrim

« Reply #138 on: 04 Feb 2010, 01:44 »

and Jeph lives in EASThampton.
Marten doesn't.
Ok, frack me. I checked and saw that Jeph lives in Easthampton, and as far as I recalled the characters lived in the same, but alternate history, place that he did. Damn.

But iRobot is definitely in Bedford.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #139 on: 04 Feb 2010, 05:05 »

I've been going with the "nuke 'em" option this week, but it just didn't sit right today - don't know why.

Anyway - where does Pintsize get the money?  I'm presuming he's got some sort of internet business going on.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #140 on: 04 Feb 2010, 05:11 »

Blackmail. After hacking into webcams.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #141 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:37 »

What'd REALLY be funny is if the guy in the necktie on the left?

What if he was... John Ellicott, aka Hanner's DAD?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #142 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:44 »

I want a baby roomba.

Could you imagine?  Dozens of them, about the size of a half-dollar, skittering around, falling into the heating grates, getting under everything, trying to climb the curtains, ganging up on dust bunnies...

You couldn't walk anywhere for fear of crunching one underfoot!  Like cocaroaches! 

As for Pintsize's cash, he sells protection.  From himself. 

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #143 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:47 »

That is generally how protection rackets work, yes.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #144 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:55 »

Nah, he looks too young to be Hannerdad.

Doesn't Hannerdad live on a space station anyway?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #145 on: 04 Feb 2010, 06:58 »

Additionally, he would probably be intrigued by roomba sex.

Like cute cocaroaches! 

Fixed.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #146 on: 04 Feb 2010, 07:05 »

Nah, he looks too young to be Hannerdad.

Doesn't Hannerdad live on a space station anyway?
clone!Hannerdad?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #147 on: 04 Feb 2010, 07:22 »

Well... Hanners never did say if she had any brothers or sisters...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #148 on: 04 Feb 2010, 10:56 »

Speaking from my personal experience, Tai is right. It does lose its appeal after a while.  Sometimes you have to take a break.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #149 on: 04 Feb 2010, 12:06 »

After seeing Pintsize's enthused expression, "The Moon!" the next panel is kind of like finding out "Infinity" is the name of Buzz Lightyears's favorite whore at the bordello, and we've just cut to him going 'beyond.' I don't know why I had this reaction, but I did, and so, of course, I shared.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up