THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's the best way to deal with cock-blocking motherfuckers?

Hey it's a cruel world, every man for himself.
- 12 (27.3%)
Rex! Sic balls!
- 4 (9.1%)
Two cocks enter, one cock leaves! two cocks enter, one cock leaves!
- 14 (31.8%)
Set phasers to emasculate.
- 9 (20.5%)
FTW(in the original sense) and go 99 Luftballons on the whole fucking world!
- 5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: 07 Feb 2010, 22:13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Feb 1-5  (Read 83640 times)

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
Re: WCT Feb 1-5
« Reply #50 on: 02 Feb 2010, 01:40 »

I wholeheartedly approve of the location of Dora's arm in the last two panels.

I also approve. It just is not good girly cuddling until someone gets some boob.

Though I am trying to figure out the staffing situation over at COD. I am guessing Dora is dressed because she would be working, perhaps Faye has the day off and that is why she is not up yet? In which case I imagine Faye would have even more reason to be annoyed at Dora because she ruined her sleep in. Sleep ins are sacred people.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #51 on: 02 Feb 2010, 02:05 »

D'aaawwwww.
The power of cute, that's how.

Yes, I look at two attractive girls cuddling and I only think it's "cute". Sue me. Even cuter if I imagine Dora with Sarah Chalke's voice.
You're not alone.
Well, until the Sarah Chalke thing. Then you're alone.
In the dark.
With a grue.

Anyway, Dora's faces are adorable. Whether I've gotten used to them or the art has changed subtly, I don't know.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #52 on: 02 Feb 2010, 02:19 »

I also approve. It just is not good girly cuddling until someone gets some boob.

Though I am trying to figure out the staffing situation over at COD. I am guessing Dora is dressed because she would be working, perhaps Faye has the day off and that is why she is not up yet? In which case I imagine Faye would have even more reason to be annoyed at Dora because she ruined her sleep in. Sleep ins are sacred people.

Just because she's dressed doesn't mean she's working.  However, awakening a sleeping in roomie is grounds for defenestration, as mentioned (unless she's actually late for work).

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #53 on: 02 Feb 2010, 02:23 »

Just because she's dressed doesn't mean she's working.  However, awakening a sleeping in roomie is grounds for defenestration, as mentioned (unless she's actually late for work).

True, but you would think at least one of them would have to work. I would hate to be Penelope and run the shop alone (I doubt Raven would be much help even if she was not sciencing). Though I guess the previous day that is how it would have been.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #54 on: 02 Feb 2010, 02:33 »

You're not alone.
Well, until the Sarah Chalke thing. Then you're alone.
In the dark.
With a grue.

Anyway, Dora's faces are adorable. Whether I've gotten used to them or the art has changed subtly, I don't know.

You're right that Sarah Chalke is annoying (at least the characters she's played are) but I wouldn't call her a grue.

That's just cold.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Taigan

• Plantmonster
« Reply #55 on: 02 Feb 2010, 03:19 »

Today's strip is the first time I noticed Dora had started dying her hair again.  I feel like such a stereotypical male.:oops:

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #56 on: 02 Feb 2010, 03:19 »

You guys are missing something:

Faye is teh CUTE in that first panel!
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #57 on: 02 Feb 2010, 03:23 »

You guys are missing something:

Faye is teh CUTE in that first panel!
All thanks to gravity and white shirts :evil:

And Faye's not swatting Dora away or writhing in fear from prolonged surprise physical contact...second to last panel she seems to even be hesitant to tell Dora to leave (or ask why she's holding onto Faye; she's not even complaining about Dora copping a feel).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

akronnick

« Reply #58 on: 02 Feb 2010, 03:24 »

Today's strip is the first time I noticed Dora had started dying her hair again.  I feel like such a stereotypical male.:oops:

That was like two months ago! She even Said she was going to dye her hair.

This was when Marten's Dad came to town.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #59 on: 02 Feb 2010, 03:28 »

Hah. Now we see Dora's true plan; all that time she was complaining to Marten that she was worried he only went out with her because Faye ditched him, she was really plotting to move in with them so that she could steal Faye away. Or at least get unlimited awkward snuggles.

Not that I blame her in the slightest you understand.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #60 on: 02 Feb 2010, 04:19 »

First reaction on reading today's strip - "there are worse ways to wake up in the morning."
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #61 on: 02 Feb 2010, 04:48 »

Hey Jeph, great artwork on this strip!! You're getting better big time
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #62 on: 02 Feb 2010, 05:09 »

I think Faye should be grateful it is only Dora. Can you imagine her freakout if Marten had gotten in on the action? All of a sudden they have some kind of ménage ŕ trois thing going that she had not prepared for  :lol:

Random832

« Reply #63 on: 02 Feb 2010, 05:19 »

For all we know it's 4AM Sunday.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #64 on: 02 Feb 2010, 05:27 »

Well, so much for personal space...

As for Mieville, last time I moved and a cat went missing for a day, she came back pregnant...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

akronnick

« Reply #65 on: 02 Feb 2010, 05:31 »

I think Faye should be grateful it is only Dora. Can you imagine her freakout if Marten had gotten in on the action? All of a sudden they have some kind of ménage ŕ trois thing going that she had not prepared for  :lol:

It was just a matter of time before somebody was going to go there.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #66 on: 02 Feb 2010, 06:11 »

It was just a matter of time before somebody was going to go there.

At least I did not go all weird with it. I could have put in details from my mind.

... I am filthy :-(

Spoom

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://uberm00.net/
« Reply #67 on: 02 Feb 2010, 06:14 »

Mieville attacking Pintsize from the shadows in 3... 2...

akronnick

« Reply #68 on: 02 Feb 2010, 06:27 »

As for Mieville, last time I moved and a cat went missing for a day, she came back pregnant...

I don't think you have to worry about that with Mieville, seeing as how he's a he and all.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #69 on: 02 Feb 2010, 06:38 »

Mieville attacking Pintsize from the shadows in 3... 2...
This, big time.
Just another Joe like 46

Ventolin

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #70 on: 02 Feb 2010, 06:58 »

I don't post here much but I had to say that today's comic was just too cute.

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #71 on: 02 Feb 2010, 07:25 »

Not only is this comic cute, but also a near-perfect reflection of my life right now...  :evil:

JD
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #72 on: 02 Feb 2010, 07:44 »

holy balls, good stuff, Jeph!

I'm surprised Dora isn't airborne right now  :roll:
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #73 on: 02 Feb 2010, 10:53 »

Dora is apparently a ninja when it comes to getting under the blankets.  The logistics of how she did it are absolutely mindblowing when you think about it. 

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #74 on: 02 Feb 2010, 11:47 »

Apparently I am the only one who thinks Dora's behavior is completely inappropriate?  I mean, Faye is in her own room, presumably with the door shut. Dora is being completely inconsiderate, especially considering she only moved in the day before.  I highly doubt that Faye saying it was ok for Dora to move in also meant that Faye was ok with Dora ignoring standard boundaries and encroaching on her privacy.

Also, Faye's in the process of waking up, could be why she hasn't flung Dora across the room yet.

Also, why have we not seen Faye in any of her funny hats?

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #75 on: 02 Feb 2010, 12:51 »

I was amused by the subtle difference in the position of her hand in the last panel (compared to the previous panel). It went from a hand on the boob to a full-on grope.

Apparently I am the only one who thinks Dora's behavior is completely inappropriate?  I mean, Faye is in her own room, presumably with the door shut. Dora is being completely inconsiderate, especially considering she only moved in the day before.  I highly doubt that Faye saying it was ok for Dora to move in also meant that Faye was ok with Dora ignoring standard boundaries and encroaching on her privacy.
Inappropriate, yes, but also funny.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #76 on: 02 Feb 2010, 13:06 »

Tai would pay good money for a Photo of this.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #77 on: 02 Feb 2010, 13:31 »

It's even more inappropriate than 415, but Dora is a free spirit.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #78 on: 02 Feb 2010, 13:57 »

Not only is this comic cute, but also a near-perfect reflection of my life right now...  :evil:

JD

My condolences. 

I think. 

Depends, are you the snuggle-er or the snuggle-ee? 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #79 on: 02 Feb 2010, 15:09 »

Apparently I am the only one who thinks Dora's behavior is completely inappropriate?  I mean, Faye is in her own room, presumably with the door shut. Dora is being completely inconsiderate, especially considering she only moved in the day before.  I highly doubt that Faye saying it was ok for Dora to move in also meant that Faye was ok with Dora ignoring standard boundaries and encroaching on her privacy.
Inappropriate, yes, but also funny.
And it got us the most appealing expression I've yet seen on Faye's face, in panel 5. I think Faye secretly digs being cuddled. Besides, after Sven, how much chastity can be left?

Anyway, it may be payback for the underwear incident. http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=1058
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

connathan

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #80 on: 02 Feb 2010, 15:17 »

Apparently I am the only one who thinks Dora's behavior is completely inappropriate?  I mean, Faye is in her own room, presumably with the door shut. Dora is being completely inconsiderate, especially considering she only moved in the day before.  I highly doubt that Faye saying it was ok for Dora to move in also meant that Faye was ok with Dora ignoring standard boundaries and encroaching on her privacy.

Also, Faye's in the process of waking up, could be why she hasn't flung Dora across the room yet.

Also, why have we not seen Faye in any of her funny hats?

They must be best friends, right? Lighten up! If my best friend did that to me in the morning, I'd be a bit grumpy at first, yeah, due to sleepiness, but to be honest I'd find it pretty funny! I wouldn't think it was 'inappropriate' or 'encroaching on my privacy'!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #81 on: 02 Feb 2010, 15:34 »

Amazing that Dora isn't dead by now, since she got the stare of doom in the next strip with the warning, "Don't EVER do that again."

Of course, Faye has mellowed since "The Talk".

Oh, and Faye does have a funny hat. It's probably stowed next to her Lemon Dress.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2010, 15:47 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #82 on: 02 Feb 2010, 15:46 »

That's a very sneaky move by Dora, distracting Faye by telling something about Mieville while sneaking under the blankets. And hey, she's warm, perfect excuse for snuggling.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

westrim

« Reply #83 on: 02 Feb 2010, 16:08 »

I can't believe no one has made the obvious (if a bit gauche) observation that Dora was searching for a pussy... and she found one!
....I know, I'm sorry.

If you ever ever see an edit by someone named Janitor, just steer clear of that article for a while.

Well Janitor is certainly one of the main TV Tropes mods, but I've found her quite reasonable and friendly, even on occasions where we disagreed politely but strongly about editing an entry. No aggro, no bans, no threats, no drama. Like me, she has English as a second language (she's Korean, as explained on her TV Tropes Contributor page), but I've never had a problem communicating with her.

Apropos of today's comic, I loved the art. The contrast between the refined drawing and the crude humour made the whole comic even funnier.

Everyone I had encountered was nice which is why the permaban was such a surprise. Most of the conversation is gone from the history since they don't keep everything forevermore like Wikipedia, but here is the talk page with a good chunk of the conversation, so you know I'm not pulling this out of my butt. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnsembleDarkhorseDiscussion  I never did get a response (even on the now gone edit history) from her except that one line and the ban of any IP I used to communicate. That page and the Moe Anthropomorphism article are the only ones I can recall ever having a confrontation with anyone. So maybe I struck a bad nerve, maybe something completely external to me influenced her, but whatever happened I got banned from a site I enjoyed and contributed to pretty much every day.  :cry: But I'm going to stop talking about this. It's a comic discussion thread, not a "woe is me!" thread.

Damn, those pillows are tiny? Do they shop at IKEA for pillows? That's madness! MADNESS, I say! Those Swedes are good at some things but they just don't understand how much space you need for your head. Dunlopillow all the way...
Madness? THIS IS- wait, is this joke dead yet? It's been 3 years.

It seems to me that of all the people in QC right now, the first two to tie the knot will be Marten and Dora. I'm not saying it's gonna happen soon (definitely not) but they already act like a married couple sometimes (and heck! they've acted like Faye and Hanner's parents in the past).
I think his dad will tie the knot first.

I don't know how it is there but I live in Sweden and my pillows are big AND from IKEA. They rock hard.
I'm sorry you have uncomfortable, rocky pillows.  :evil:

"Flowers?"

"Casket?"  :laugh:

"Remember"?

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #84 on: 02 Feb 2010, 16:19 »

Faye's perfectly capable of knocking Dora's block off if she gets too touchy, even when half-asleep, so I get the feeling it's just annoying her more than anything else.

Newbia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #85 on: 02 Feb 2010, 16:40 »

So yesterday Dora was cuddling really cutely with Martin...today she's cuddling really cutely with Faye...who's next, Hanners? Is this going to be the theme of the week? ;)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #86 on: 02 Feb 2010, 17:09 »

So yesterday Dora was cuddling really cutely with Martin...today she's cuddling really cutely with Faye...who's next, Hanners? Is this going to be the theme of the week? ;)
Shhh! Quit giving Jeph ideas!

...oh, wait. I'm betting it's Hanners tomorrow, an all-out search for Mieville (with Pintsize finding him) on Thursday, and then a denouement with Pintsize trying to snuggle her on Friday. 
Just another Joe like 46

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #87 on: 02 Feb 2010, 17:25 »

"Annoying": that fits the facts. It's good to be reminded that a healthy person can live in many gray areas between welcoming the attention and violently rejecting it.

Yes, I said "healthy person" with regard to Faye. She is healing.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

helloandgoodbye

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #88 on: 02 Feb 2010, 18:11 »

And then Marten and Mieville and Pintsize walk in on them and join in the snuggle-fest.  :angel:

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #89 on: 02 Feb 2010, 20:16 »

And that will be right around the time Faye gets violent  :mrgreen:

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #90 on: 02 Feb 2010, 20:52 »

Quote from: Is it cold in here?

Maybe inappropriate is too strong of a word (though I still think it is), but if anything, it's definitely inconsiderate. It's definitely rude, free spirit or not.

Quote from: connathan
They must be best friends, right? Lighten up! If my best friend did that to me in the morning, I'd be a bit grumpy at first, yeah, due to sleepiness, but to be honest I'd find it pretty funny! I wouldn't think it was 'inappropriate' or 'encroaching on my privacy'!

Sorry, why must they be best friends? I wouldn't argue that they are friends, but if anyone in this comic is Faye's best friend, I'd say it's Marten. Also, I wouldn't find it funny if a friend of mine did that to me, especially first thing in the morning. For the most part I really appreciate my personal space. And just because you think it would funny doesn't mean that everyone would take it as such. Given Faye's history as well, and her comment to Dora in the last panel, I don't know that she finds it funny either.

Quote from: Tuitsuro
Faye's perfectly capable of knocking Dora's block off if she gets too touchy, even when half-asleep, so I get the feeling it's just annoying  her more than anything else.

Whether or not Faye is capable of that, it's still rude of Dora to behave as such, especially the day after she moves into the apartment. And if Dora's behavior is annoying now, I hope it gets better for Faye, not worse.

*shrug*

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #91 on: 02 Feb 2010, 21:03 »

Oh, I agree, her behaviour is immature.  She's pushing boundaries and Faye's on the recieving end.  But, like it or not, if Faye wants the behavior to stop, then she's going to have to stand up for herself and basically say 'Back off, bitch!', because otherwise Dora may well believe she's fine with it.

Think of it as a nature documentary.  Right now you have two alpha-females effectively vying for power in the apartment; and Dora's asserting her dominance over Faye by going into her territory.  If Faye doesn't defend her territory, then Dora has a new hunting ground.  Faye will probably strike back at some point, and the territorial lines will keep shifting until either everything evens out, or someone gets eviscerated.  Meanwhile, Marten's testicles continue to shrink from the spiking estrogen levels.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #92 on: 02 Feb 2010, 21:15 »

Hahaha, poor Marten!

Meanwhile, I like the alpha female comparison there. I guess that it really strikes me that Dora's pushing boundaries so soon. Like, does she think it's alright because Faye was so ok with her moving in?
Not denying that Faye has to stand up for herself either, but I sympathize with her because this is happening when she is not at all prepared and not really awake. It appeared to me that when she finally was alert and totally aware of what Dora was doing, she did at least speak up.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2010, 21:20 by Moxie »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #93 on: 02 Feb 2010, 21:26 »

Faye's best friend is Marten. She said so in 1089.

Jeph said once that Faye was tolerating Dora's attentions because Dora's her boss, which puts a different complexion on things.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #94 on: 02 Feb 2010, 22:01 »

Dora is spooning Faye.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

ross_teneyck

• Not quite a lurker
  • This sentence is self-referential.
    • http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck
« Reply #95 on: 02 Feb 2010, 22:15 »

Are wa yume? Soretomo maboroshi?

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #96 on: 02 Feb 2010, 22:18 »

Faye's best friend is Marten. She said so in 1089.

Jeph said once that Faye was tolerating Dora's attentions because Dora's her boss, which puts a different complexion on things.

Dang, that does throw an even different spin on it.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #97 on: 02 Feb 2010, 23:03 »

But they've become friends since then - even with the awkwardness of what happened after Dora started dating Marten.

Granted that Faye is somewhat awkward about the snuggle, but lets not forget that this is Faye - if she were really uncomfortable with it there would be a lot of screaming and yelling ending with Dora on her ass in Faye's room.    :-D

And really, Dora does like Faye, she considers her a friend and I don't really think she is deliberately going out of her way to make Faye uncomfortable, she's just having a bit of fun with someone she likes.  I'm sure if Faye really does explain just how uncomfortable that made her feel, Dora would probably apologise and promise not to do it again.

I'm too much of a fan

Aren't I?   :angel:
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2010, 23:08 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

akronnick

« Reply #98 on: 02 Feb 2010, 23:57 »

I'm too much of a fan

Aren't I?   :angel:

Yeah but we love you for it.

Yesterday's poll results:

What's the best way to deal with Groundhogs who see their shadow?

Ignore it, it's just an oversized rat, what does he know about the weather?    - 9 (16.1%)
Make a hat out of it.    - 5 (8.9%)
Introduce him to Rex, your German shepherd that likes to chew things    - 7 (12.5%)
Set phasers to bitch-slap!    - 13 (23.2%)
Anyone for Groundhog stew?    - 4 (7.1%)
Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure. Matter of fact, just take out all of Western Pennsylvania while you're at it.    - 18 (32.1%)

Total Voters: 56

New poll is up.

Bonus points for the forum member who can name which Star Trek character in which scene used a phaser effectively set to 'bitch-slap' (they didn't say it, but it had that effect)
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2010, 00:05 by akronnick »

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #99 on: 03 Feb 2010, 00:25 »

Today's strip makes an amusing pair with 1292. Tai needs to take her own advice.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up