THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mass Effect 2 Après Jeu Game Discussion Thread (with spoilers!!!)  (Read 84478 times)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

So apparently there's a bug where Grunt's loyalty quest doesn't unlock Fortification if you do other quests on Tuchanka before returning to the Normandy. Be careful about that one.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker

So I completed my insanity renegade sentinel playthrough... finally.  The second time through was kind of boring, but definitely get Morinth if you haven't already.  Her group mind control ability is ridiculous fun in the final mission.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

So apparently there's a bug where Grunt's loyalty quest doesn't unlock Fortification if you do other quests on Tuchanka before returning to the Normandy. Be careful about that one.
There might be a couple of those, I think... I never unlocked anything for getting Jacob's loyalty. No idea why.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

Just finished the game, got it a few days ago and started playing it.  Uploaded my space soldier war hero and totally kicked some ass.  I love the bullets and the adrenaline rush quick buttons.  Hooked up with Tali and saved the entire crew.  Kaiden wasnt to happy to see me though and thinks me a traiotr.  I love how all the old squad mates are bus doing their own thing but is it just me or did Liara do a 180 going from sweet and innocent to devious?  And I didnt realize that the club owner in the afterlife is trinity.  Good game love the changes they made but I cannot find the last model ship for my collection!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties

That's the most OCD post I've ever seen.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously

prolly missing the kodiak shuttle or whatever it's called.   it's available at the memories store in illium but not until later in the game.   most likely after a certain loyalty mission.   the only other one that it's possible to not catch is the one from tali's mission but that one is hard to miss.
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker

I heard that if you mine every planet to depleted you get a special ending ... shifty eyes...

ackblom12

And for some reason, my fist playthrough I never noticed the commentary Tali gave when she sent out her Drone.

"Go for the optics,  Jarteega! go for the optics!"

So good.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

I have to say I like the quarians, especially after experiencing more of them and their home/culture/military (Kal'Reegar is awesome!) in this game.  They seem pretty cool and the pure geth seems like a good balance too.  After the dialog with tali and legion I kind of wonder if its possible for the two races to start heading towards peace.  It almost sounds from Legion that the (pure)geth has no hard feelings towards organics and maybe they can work out their differences.  maybe in ME3 they team up to help fight the reapers and find some sort of peace.

honestly I wanted to hook up with miranda but I really liked tali from the first (and really didnt care for Liara or Ashley) and she was just so damn cute in this one.  When I finish my sentinel from ME1 and import him maybe I'll explore that.  I honestly didnt care for Jack at all both as a team player and a crew member.  I felt that I could have just used someone else for her spot and didnt use her.  Her story and attitude was interesting but some how it sounds familiar from a movie or something but I cant honestly remember from where. Dark Angel?

I was hoping to see Kelly hook up with Garrus, she seemed rather fond of him once he joined the crew.  And I didnt find out until near the end that she could feed my fish for me... My tank is where fishes go to die...

I also quite liked Grunt and Mordin's loyalty missions.  Theirs, legions, and Talis were most fun.  I liked thane but his mission bugged out on me.  He needed more character development IMHO. Mordin's singing ability is pretty sweet.

As for favorite new non-squad characters it would have to be the engineers.  They are just too funny.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010, 13:00 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

I like the tendency of my squad mates to yell things like "Impressive!" and "Excellent shot!" when they get headshots.  Cocky, and a little conceited, but definitely awesome.

edit: by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZHihhoTd8Q
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010, 14:35 by shadowsworn »
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

I boned Jack and I'm not afraid to admit it.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Yeah, I was gonna go with Jack but then I accidentally pissed her off forever. Luckily, I recruited Tali right afterwards and saw the horrible mistake I would have made.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

I like the tendency of my squad mates to yell things like "Impressive!" and "Excellent shot!" when they get headshots.  Cocky, and a little conceited, but definitely awesome.

I've heard Mordin say, "Headshot...boom," a few times.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

I've heard Mordin say, "Headshot...boom," a few times.
yeah I died after that I was laughing too hard. I like the references they put in the game.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame

Just finished this a few hours ago. I never got around to fully playing through my ME1 save which is now on my old 360 which my friend has so I started a new game for ME2. Went female vanguard, full renegade. I made a point of saving twice before I went into the Omega Relay, just in case and I'm glad I did. The first playthrough Jacob got a missle to the face when Zaeed lead the first assault team then my un-loyal Tali died after I sent her with Chakwas.

I used Samara as the biotic shield and had Legion and Mordin as my wingmen for the fight and final boss.

I'm now gonna start a male paragon on ME1 and then plan to import that character into ME2 where I want everyone to die at the end of the final mission.

...is that even possible? Everyone dying, that is.

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously

my "how bad can it be" run ended up with just one survivor.   no loyalty missions but i had upgraded a couple of the weapons.   been meaning to try and get shepard killed but i've been spending a lot of time just trying out all the classes.   and trying to create kevin spacey.  passing resemblance in two attempts.   i think the problem is the hair styles are a bit limited.
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Money on a liara/shadow broker dlc coming out at some point.

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat

~doubtful~

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat

A continuation of the storyline I can maybe see, but I doubt we'll see any resolution until the third chapter. Bioware love money, but as far as I can tell they seem really dedicated to as many people getting as much of the storyline as possible - so I'm gonna guess that whatever actions you take in the hinted Liara DLC will carry over, and people will respond to them, but someone who didn't buy the DLC will have to be able to see a similar outcome. It'd seem kind of out of step with the rest of the series' modus operandi for Bioware to do otherwise.

Incidentally do you want to maybe link that kind of thing first next time
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2010, 00:25 by Johnny C »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Dude was trying to fleece y'all
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Johnny C

• Mentat

I know! What a douche manoeuvre.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Mein Tumblr

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...

Beat this yesterday. Tali died, as did the Normandy crew. Didn't care about Tali 'cause I fucked up her loyalty quest and submitted the evidence. She got pissed and didn't become loyal to me. I regretted that, but ultimately didn't care. I didn't send anyone back with the Normandy crew 'cause I was worried about them dying too. Everyone else was loyal to me, though. Where Miranda was shot I was like "oh fuck no, not her too!" 'cause I boned her.

Someone mentioned the Terminator look - I totally didn't buy the medical bay upgrade 'cause I liked the scars. I went pretty renegade for my first play-through.

Two questions:
1. I never fully upgraded a weapon on my first playthrough, despite going through pretty much all of the Anomaly quests. (Scanning all the planets in the galaxy was a bitch, and I hate mining, but I liked most of the quests.) Is that supposed to be the case? Can I upgrade it fully on the 2nd playthrough?
2. I also only reached level 25. I assume I can get to 30 on play #2, right?

I probably have other thoughts, I just don't remember them atm.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Your weapon upgrades do not carry over to playthrough 2, but your level does. I finished at level 28 first time, and hit 30 right after Freedom's Progress on NG+. Each weapon has 7 upgrades, but some of them are bought in shops and others are found in the environment before you can research them. You have to be pretty thorough. I did enough mining to research every upgrade I had available, but I didn't upgrade all the weapons. I know that I was missing at least one sniper rifle upgrade, and I think a SMG one as well. You don't have to do that much mining to get enough resources, really. You find enough on random quests that you really don't need more than a system or two's worth of minerals. On NG+ it's even easier because you start out with 50000 of every resource, which is actually enough to get every element zero upgrade in the game.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker

You'll hit level 30 on your second full playthrough anyway because of the 25% experience bonus, I believe.

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

Ah yes, the supposed

"Suicide mission"

Beaten it twice, and even without everyone loyal no one died.  It hardly feels like an accomplishment.
I tried to romance a lady photographer once. But it didn't work out because I could never understand about f-spots.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

He can't do airquotes, he isn't using two fingers.

Mein Tumblr

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker

Come to think of it, with only 3 fingers, the Turians' military prowess is all the more impressive.

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

You Humans are all racist!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

You Humans are all racist!
didnt the batarians say that at one time or another? :roll:

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Naw that was that turian commuter when you enter the citadel.

Mein Tumblr

Johnny C

• Mentat

Beaten it twice, and even without everyone loyal no one died.  It hardly feels like an accomplishment.

Guess what?

(The answer is, "Fuck you.")

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

I mentally added Turian quotation marks to that "Fuck you."

I play this game way too much.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

I just finished my second way through and I have to ask, after destroying the collectors and talking to the illusive man, jacob said that Cerberus is "on our tail" does that mean the normandy and its crew are no longer Cerberus? Is Cerberus "after me?"

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

I think we'll find the answer to that in ME3, LeeC.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

It makes sense, though I'm not sure if they can get Martin Sheen back for 3. There are all sorts of concerns about the Normandy SR2 but with EDI as a fully functional AI I would assume she can counteract all of them.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

I think we'll find the answer to that in ME3, LeeC.
:cry: but...but...but...that'll take forever!

speculating for ME3, shepard is homeless
a)go back to the alliance
b)work strictly for the citadel
c)go rogue
d)work for cerberus
e)banana hammock!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

It makes sense, though I'm not sure if they can get Martin Sheen back for 3. There are all sorts of concerns about the Normandy SR2 but with EDI as a fully functional AI I would assume she can counteract all of them.

Yeah, after saving them all from abduction I would have to think that the crew would be more loyal to Shepard at that point than Cerberus, especially considering what the Illusive Man wanted to do with the technology. After what we learn about Cerberus and its resources at the end of the game once EDI gets her blocks removed, I am more than looking forward to that confrontation. If he wants his awesome spaceship that I spent several months upgrading to the best fucking frigate in the galaxy back, then I dare him to come and try to take it from me.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Johnny C

• Mentat

I swear to fucking God if they blow up the ship at the start of ME3 I'm gonna find the guy who designed planet scanning and actually kill him

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker

If enough people ask for that feature, they might insert as a feature.  I mean, it's more plausible than Tali as a love interest isn't it?

Anyway, this from an Escapist thread regarding the true identity of the Illusive Man:

Quote from: Some random guy
I know who the Illusive Man is.  The Illusive Man is Conrad Verner.

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!

I was playing as Full Paragon, and had to restrain myself from shooting Conrad in the foot.  Also, when the fuck did I (As a full Paragon in ME1) point a gun in his face?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Yeah, that bugged me too.

I was like "wait, I was super friendly and helpful to that guy wtf?!"
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

No not that Shepard the other one

Mein Tumblr

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

sheperd clones recruitable in ME3 confirmed you heard it here first

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

I remember at the end of Conrad's thing in the ME1 you do point a gun in his face.  After that you tell him to be an awesome person or tell him to fuck off.

But fuck, I didn't think I would drive him crazy by letting him take pictures of me and get my autograph.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

I swear to fucking God if they blow up the ship at the start of ME3 I'm gonna find the guy who designed planet scanning and actually kill him
amen to that, i mean this frigate took down a collector ship, which looks more like a dreadnought class...and this dreadnought severely bitch smacked an alliance frigate!

Buttfranklin

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • bruce

I feel like it's a sin to my childhood to say that I like the Normandy more than I... Than I...

Like the Millennium Falcon  D}:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up