THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 07:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT -February 8-12, 2010  (Read 47651 times)

dilbert719

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCT -February 8-12, 2010
« Reply #200 on: 13 Feb 2010, 00:13 »

I have to say, I'm liking these past few strips. Granted, I think everyone can see this thing with Angus turning out poorly for Marigold sooner rather than later, but who knows? Jeph could surprise us, and she's getting some friends out of the deal, which is a damn sight better than where she was before all this.

Looking at Angus's behavior, though, I'm surprised more people haven't pinned it down specifically. Bit of an ass at times, trying to incorporate her into his circle of friends (however new they may be to him) playful behavior, showing some interest in her hobbies, despite trying to play it cool... to me, he's taken rather quickly to the role of Marigold's big brother. It's plausible that once she gets past the crush phase, Marigold will pick up on that and kind of fall into a brother-sister type of relationship with Angus... but then again, that's for Jeph to know, and us to find out.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #201 on: 13 Feb 2010, 01:16 »

That's insightful. But is it fraternal, or avuncular?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #202 on: 13 Feb 2010, 12:39 »

I'd say fraternal
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #203 on: 13 Feb 2010, 15:20 »

Onii-chan!

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #204 on: 13 Feb 2010, 15:56 »

AWWWWW. For those of you who aren't celibate (like me), I'm sure it brings back memories (:

Well, I didn't used to be.  So yeah, lots of fondled mammaries fond memories. 

Wait - are you saying that you're not celibate, or that you are?  It's not clear from the context - does "like me" refer to the preceding word celibbate, or to the preceding phrase, not celibate

I'm thoroughly confused. 

See, that's what I get for not paying attention when I edit my posts. It started out reading "For those of you who aren't virgins, I'm sure..." but I thought that sounded mean somehow, so I changed it to what it currently reads, which is very confusing, I agree.

What I meant was, for anyone who has ever had sex, (unlike me, a consummate virgin) I'm sure it brings back fond memories. I can still appreciate the humor, though, as it's a decision I've been fondling pondering for a while now. Even though my boyfriend and I have been together for almost five years now, Maribear and I have a lot in common (:
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2010, 15:59 by vettechinohio »
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #205 on: 14 Feb 2010, 00:23 »

Is this the right place to complain that Sven hasn't managed enough absolution to get back into the social circle again?

Because I really want to complain about the lack of sass (or anything else) between Sven and Faye lately.

It seems like Sven attempted to be good once, and it was going along okay until he MASSIVELY FAILED. And now he's just hanging out at home, playing WoW, drinking, and writing bad yet profitable country songs.

Has he hit bottom yet? Has he mastered the Secret of Hand, the Secret of Eye, and the Secret of Spirit yet so that he can once again emerge into the sunshine and attempt to fight to reclaim that which he lost?

C'mon, people, he owns a cat. He has to be a good person at his core.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #206 on: 14 Feb 2010, 05:16 »

On the other hand, he kind of neglects his http://twitter.com/svenbianchi
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #207 on: 14 Feb 2010, 12:22 »

Is this the right place to complain that Sven hasn't managed enough absolution to get back into the social circle again?

Because I really want to complain about the lack of sass (or anything else) between Sven and Faye lately.

...snip...

C'mon, people, he owns a cat. He has to be a good person at his core.

I doubt there will be much sass (or anything else) between Faye and Sven for a Looooong time.

Sven cheated on Faye. Some people are able to get past a situation like that. Faye is not such a person.

Faye now gets her sass on with someone else, perhaps you may have seen him, Scotsman, reddish brown hair, glasses, shut-in female roommate.

And as for the cat thing, may I remind you what the familiar of choice is for your standard evil overlord?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #208 on: 14 Feb 2010, 12:40 »

And as for the cat thing, may I remind you what the familiar of choice is for your standard evil overlord?
Yes. An evil overlord who threatens the world by writing bad country songs. I'll bet he's stroking his cat even now, thinking of how to penetrate pop music next.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #209 on: 14 Feb 2010, 17:42 »

Sven cheated on Faye.

Man, I can't think of a more contentious thing you could have said on this forum.  :-D

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #210 on: 14 Feb 2010, 19:35 »

I should have said that from Faye's point of view, Sven cheated on her.

Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that Sven dumped Faye in favor of another woman but neglected to tell Faye until after the deed had been done.

I can't believe this happened about a year ago and we;re still arguing about it.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Prince of Space

• Larger than most fish
  • "Chickens are a cruel people"
« Reply #211 on: 14 Feb 2010, 20:51 »

Looking at Angus's behavior, though, I'm surprised more people haven't pinned it down specifically. Bit of an ass at times, trying to incorporate her into his circle of friends (however new they may be to him) playful behavior, showing some interest in her hobbies, despite trying to play it cool... to me, he's taken rather quickly to the role of Marigold's big brother. It's plausible that once she gets past the crush phase, Marigold will pick up on that and kind of fall into a brother-sister type of relationship with Angus... but then again, that's for Jeph to know, and us to find out.

You know, I see this now.  I'm feeling sheepish for not seeing this possibility sooner.  A brotherly type affection would definitely warrant his 'invasion of space' and 'asshole tendencies'.  Thanks for bringing this up!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #212 on: 15 Feb 2010, 01:19 »

I'll bet he's stroking his cat even now, thinking of how to penetrate pop music next.
haha oh wow thats just wrong  :laugh:
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #213 on: 15 Feb 2010, 02:22 »

I'll bet he's stroking his cat even now, thinking of how to penetrate pop music next.
You meant that in a totally non-sexual way, right?
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #214 on: 15 Feb 2010, 08:57 »

Of course, I did, Lil' Binary, of course I did. :-D
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #215 on: 15 Feb 2010, 12:33 »

Oh, and Binary?  I've got this bridge near Brooklyn that I've been trying to unload for a while now...

:laugh:
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2010, 14:51 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #216 on: 15 Feb 2010, 13:15 »

Nah, not interested. After all, we already managed to stick you guys with the (wrong) London Bridge...   :D
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up