THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 11:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's compare/contrast/bitch about/rave over Forza 2 and Forza 3  (Read 2464 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Been playing Forza 3 a lot lately, and while it is a fantastic game full of joy and sparkles and rainbows and fuckin' gorgeous vehicle modeling (both interior and exterior), I miss a lot of things about Forza 2, like brake-specific damage/wear and other shit. I am glad, though, that they brought back Fujimi Kaido, and the rewind feature is handy.

I do wish the damage modeling were more realistic with damage settings set to "simulation", though. I played this with a friend, and he and I went to opposite ends of the MASSIVE straightaway on the Ring, and we slammed into each other while both doing upwards of 250mph. That's a rate of closure (and therefore impact) of over 500mph. The cars were still recognizable as cars, and they were even driveable. I'm sorry I don't care if they put 10x the polygons into modeling each and every one of their pretty little virtual cars. If GTA4 can model a totaled vehicle to even the weak extent that it does, I want the Forza guys to do an even better job.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

They're not able to show the cars totaled because they use models of real cars, and the manufacturers don't want to show their cars as wrecks for some reason.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Yeah, that's why it took so long for any sim racing game to have visible damage at all.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

That is remarkably dumb.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar

Half the reason I play games is to experience things I can't experience in real life. Horrific crashes are one of those things.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Mostly one of the things that actually truly irks me is that there's no brake overheating simulation, you can ride your brakes all the way around the track and they never show any evidence of losing effectiveness. I think this is Dumb.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap
Pages: [1]   Go Up