THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 04:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You music buffs might know something about this 45...  (Read 2612 times)

bicostp

• Beyoncé

I grabbed this promotional 45 of The Safety Dance at Savers a couple weeks ago, and it's got me a little puzzled. It has the short version on one side and the long one on the other, but its catalog number is the same as the standard retail 45 that came with Living in China as the B side. I got it in a plain white sleeve, but it's probably a replacement given how much abuse they take over the years. The 45 itself is in good shape; it sounded almost new after I blew it off with the air compressor.

I haven't been able to find any relevant information online.  :? Any idea where something like this would have been originally used?

Thanks!

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

bicostp

• Beyoncé
Re: You music buffs might know something about this 45...
« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2010, 12:54 »

I know what The Safety Dance is. :roll: That's not what I'm asking.

What I don't know is how common it is to find promotional singles like this one, or where they were originally distributed. The catalog number is the same as the retail version, but it has both the long and short versions instead of one version and Living in China. From what I found, the label is completely different too.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2010, 13:08 »

I know what The Safety Dance is. :roll: That's not what I'm asking.

What I don't know is how common it is to find promotional singles like this one, or where they were originally distributed. The catalog number is the same as the retail version, but it has both the long and short versions instead of one version and Living in China. From what I found, the label is completely different too.
That's a radio single. Most of them don't even have labels, they're blank (some of these "white labels" can be pretty coveted, especially in the house / techno realm) It makes sense that they're not listed as they're not retail items.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2010, 01:10 »

That's my guess as well. They needed some kind of label for the promo copy, so rather than print some just for that, they just used extras from the retail single. It's very common to run off a LOT of extra paper prints of something like this because if they had to do more pressings of the actual vinyl, it would be cheaper to already have the extra paper labels from the first printing rather than print more in a new batch.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2010, 11:02 »

Awesome, awesome to the max.
Pages: [1]   Go Up