• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is Dora Pregnant?

NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!
- 11 (18.3%)
No; c'mon, that'd be too soap opera-ish.
- 16 (26.7%)
No, she's just having mood swings due to new birth control meds.
- 1 (1.7%)
No, she's just going through Menopause a bit early.
- 1 (1.7%)
Well, there WAS that one time where Marty didn't use a condom...
- 3 (5%)
Yes - but it's not Marten's baby!
- 4 (6.7%)
It's all Pintsize's fault.
- 24 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT March 8-12 2010  (Read 58131 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
WCT March 8-12 2010
« on: 07 Mar 2010, 21:19 »

So there.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
Re: WCT March 8-12 2010
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2010, 21:45 »

You wonder what she did before

westrim

« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2010, 21:50 »

Okay, the pancake joke is kind of dying. I'm picking Cossette, because I want to see Steve again (though it actually hasn't been that long, now that I think about it).

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2010, 21:56 »

Said it before, but I'll say it again: Dora is really nice. Not much for doing laundry, apparently, but nice.

Also, I really like her 'pondering' expression in the last panel. Art keeps getting better and better.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #4 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:01 »

I'll agree on the pancakes.
Just another Joe like 46

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:06 »

I didn't know what to make of Marigold's expression in the last panel. Not traumatized the way Hannelore would have been. Neutral? Curious?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:07 »

"I HOPE THAT IS OKAY" "I HOPE THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU"

I have to wonder where this sarcasm/hostility is coming from - because whenever the subject's come up on the forum that i've seen, people are always saying he should take more days off, not complaining when he does.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:09 »

Bad Dora, bad, naughty, EVIL Dora...leave Faye's underwear alone.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:21 »

I have to wonder where this sarcasm/hostility is coming from - because whenever the subject's come up on the forum that i've seen, people are always saying he should take more days off, not complaining when he does.

...huh?
Just another Joe like 46

westrim

« Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:24 »

...huh?
The comic news post.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #10 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:31 »

...huh?
The comic news post.

I believe this was Jeph having a joke with all of us :-P. Of course he works hard and should take more time off. There are those, however, who make a fuss when a free comic does not update even once as scheduled. He was not being hostile at all. It is a similar vein of comedy to pictures for sad children. I rather like it.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #11 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:31 »

Not like it hasn't been touched by a Bianchi before...

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:38 »

Not like it hasn't been touched by a Bianchi before...

I wonder if that's better than being touched by an Angel,

Love Mari-Bear's expression.

And the way Dora's having fun with her.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #13 on: 07 Mar 2010, 22:44 »

hmmmm......I'm going to take the possibly unpopular position that Dora offering Marigold a retreat back into the virtual world is worse in long run than Faye's overzealous teasing. As abrasive as Faye may seem at times, I don't buy the "Faye hates Mari" theory that's floating around here. That's just how she talks to people (and I know a lot of real-world people who do the same), and Marigold has to learn how to deal with that if she's going to make further progress coming out of her shell. I was honestly surprised Dora offered her an internet fix. I'd expect her to try to help Mari interact a bit.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #14 on: 08 Mar 2010, 00:36 »

Faye's underwear must feel really traumatized now that it has to live with Dora as well as Pintsize.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #15 on: 08 Mar 2010, 00:42 »

Dora is that gross roommate
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #16 on: 08 Mar 2010, 01:20 »

hmmmm......I'm going to take the possibly unpopular position that Dora offering Marigold a retreat back into the virtual world is worse in long run than Faye's overzealous teasing.

It's like offering an alcoholic on his first day of abstinence a shot of whiskey.  Well, not that bad, probably.  Dora was just trying to make her comfortable, but she's treating Marigold like a kid in the process.  ( An alcoholic kid, apparently ) ( My analogies suck, apparently )

As abrasive as Faye may seem at times, I don't buy the "Faye hates Mari" theory that's floating around here.

As the one who floated it, I have to say that in my defense, I was only trying to look for a plausible way for these two to get into a fight... in like a pool of jello or something...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #17 on: 08 Mar 2010, 01:28 »

Dora's being a good hostess, trying to make her guest feel at ease.

So here's a nerd, in a coffee shop, feeling left out of a conversation about some band. Maybe Dora will realize the scope for nerdery in coffee science and engage Marigold on becoming an espresso geek.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

AngryCallCenterAgent

• "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #18 on: 08 Mar 2010, 01:57 »

Only way she'll get Marigold interested in coffee is if Marten's in that Magical Love Gentleman outfit again and serving her the cup. But then again she'll lose a lot of blood from the high pressure nosebleed and her higher cognitive functions will go out the window, including the ability to geek on coffee.
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

Exar_Kun

• Me Hawngry!
« Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2010, 02:07 »

And so Marigold's misanthropy comes to light...

Also, I gotta say, Marigold isn't a very good fit for the QC universe. She completely caves under the least bit of snarkiness and isn't a music nerd. Eh, I guess its good to have some variety in the characters. But her lack of self-awareness is infuriating at times.
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #20 on: 08 Mar 2010, 02:10 »

Misanthropy? Because she doesn't want to wear someone elses pants?

I find her lack of self-awareness rather refreshing.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Exar_Kun

• Me Hawngry!
« Reply #21 on: 08 Mar 2010, 02:28 »

Okay so maybe misanthropy was a bad choice of word. So Faye and Angus are talking about a band so she just goes and sits by herself? She could at least join in the conversation with whatever bands she likes. (Does she even listen to music, like at all?)

I can't stand the way she acts around others because I used to be that way, then I realized how stupid I was being.

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna be over here projecting my neuroses onto completely fictional characters. Thats totally normal amirite?

EDIT: Re-reading the comic, I now know why I don't like Marigold and why I called her misanthropic. Quoting, "Meh. They were talking about some dumb band or something, I dunno. So inane."

So really everything I said before is wrong, she actually thinks their interests are inferior to hers (at least thats what she is implying). Misanthropic still isn't really the right word. But I really can't stand people like that.

Granted none of the other characters are immune to this trait, but on a far smaller scale IMO.

Well this is longer than I intended it to be. I'm going to go back to acting like a retard if anyone needs me.

EDIT #2: Also, its the age of the internet, misanthropy is cool.
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 02:39 by Exar_Kun »
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #22 on: 08 Mar 2010, 03:38 »

Dora's being a good hostess, trying to make her guest feel at ease. So here's a nerd, in a coffee shop, feeling left out of a conversation about some band. Maybe Dora will realize the scope for nerdery in coffee science and engage Marigold on becoming an espresso geek.
Come to think of it, considering Dora's computer skills, it's kind of surprising she hasn't installed a WiFi hotspot at CoD. Or maybe she has, we rarely get to see any customers actually sitting at tables, drinking coffee, using their laptops, playing go... or anything really.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Dora only tells Marigold the CoD has WiFi in today's strip!!!

But I really can't stand people like that.
Everyone is like that. If you think you're not, then you definitely are...
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 04:00 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

douggerel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #23 on: 08 Mar 2010, 06:18 »

I totally sympathize with Dora; my girlfriend's underwear does the same thing.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #24 on: 08 Mar 2010, 07:26 »

OK, Mari's definitely sporting the TMI look in the last panel.  She's just not used to that level of honesty, nor that level of intimacy...

Reminds me of a conference trip I took a few years ago.  I was going to speak, and I pulled out the khakis I was going to wear that day (with tweed coat, I'm an academic), pulled them on, and they wouldn't button... grabbed my wife's pair by accident when I packed! 

I know, not up to the same level as douggerel, but it's what I got. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #25 on: 08 Mar 2010, 07:36 »

Wait does this mean that not only is Marten (still) the only person in the flat who hasn't touched Faye's boobies, he's also now the only one who hasn't gotten into her panties?

He is gonna be so pissed when he finds out...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

westrim

« Reply #26 on: 08 Mar 2010, 08:22 »

Okay so maybe misanthropy was a bad choice of word. So Faye and Angus are talking about a band so she just goes and sits by herself? She could at least join in the conversation with whatever bands she likes. (Does she even listen to music, like at all?)
I can't stand the way she acts around others because I used to be that way, then I realized how stupid I was being.
Don't mind me, I'm just gonna be over here projecting my neuroses onto completely fictional characters. Thats totally normal amirite?
EDIT: Re-reading the comic, I now know why I don't like Marigold and why I called her misanthropic. Quoting, "Meh. They were talking about some dumb band or something, I dunno. So inane."
So really everything I said before is wrong, she actually thinks their interests are inferior to hers (at least that's what she is implying). Misanthropic still isn't really the right word. But I really can't stand people like that.

You, apparent music lover, need to chill. To us non musically inclined people, band names sound like gibberish since we don't have context, let alone know the vagaries of the bands quality. I myself have left several conversations when they turned to "some band or something." It's a single word and a personality quirk to throw in the word dumb, which I doubt she meant as an insult, just an intensifier; "some band or something" sounds redundant. As for inane, again, she has no context for the conversation, which would indeed make it sound pretty inane. Note that Dora (and thus Jeph) takes no offense, so follow their lead I say.

Okay, too long. I think the word you were looking for was 'intolerance' perhaps.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #27 on: 08 Mar 2010, 09:11 »

So Marigold is a little freaked out by people casually sharing clothes, that's somewhat normal.

But how does Faye's underwear even fit Dora?  I would think that the relative difference in size would lead to more falling down/off than riding up.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #28 on: 08 Mar 2010, 09:57 »

Absolutely, the proof is what Faye's pajama bottoms did on Dora.

Maybe Dora ties it into knots to take up the slack, thus the expression "Don't get your panties in a knot".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #29 on: 08 Mar 2010, 10:21 »

So really everything I said before is wrong, she actually thinks their interests are inferior to hers (at least that's what she is implying). Misanthropic still isn't really the right word. But I really can't stand people like that.

You, apparent music lover, need to chill. To us non musically inclined people, band names sound like gibberish since we don't have context, let alone know the vagaries of the bands quality. I myself have left several conversations when they turned to "some band or something." It's a single word and a personality quirk to throw in the word dumb, which I doubt she meant as an insult, just an intensifier; "some band or something" sounds redundant. As for inane, again, she has no context for the conversation, which would indeed make it sound pretty inane. Note that Dora (and thus Jeph) takes no offense, so follow their lead I say.

Okay, too long. I think the word you were looking for was 'intolerance' perhaps.
You're both missing the point. Marigold has actually gone out with a guy for a cup of coffee, during which he starts chatting up the barista on a topic Marigold knows nothing about, and therefore feels completely shut out. It's one thing to know Angus is interested in someone else, and quite another to not only see it, but be excluded by it.*

"Inane" is Marigold's way of trying to make herself feel better about the whole thing. Yes, it's immature, but socially, Marigold is immature. She has no real idea how to play the game, and, worse, if she did try to play, she risks Faye verbally kicking her in front of Angus. Again. Besides, it is rather inane to spend hours talking about here-today, gone-next year bands. They should talk about something important and meaningful, like how Stephanie Meyer ripped off 'Beauty and the Beast' (all forms) to write Twilight, yet forgot to steal the important parts. Or working out why the eagles couldn't carry Frodo to Mordor, dammit**.  :-D

And no, Dora's not trying to feed Marigold's isolation. She knows what it's like to be the odd person out; remember her friends and her miserable slut brother? And I imagine she also thinks, as do I, that Marigold on the internet in a public place like coffee shop at least gives some potential for her interacting with actual people, as opposed to sitting alone in her room.

*Note: NOT Angus's fault. This is Marigold's perspective. The guy can't act on what he doesn't know.

**Why yes, I do know the answer to that one. Got a few hours?
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 10:24 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #30 on: 08 Mar 2010, 10:32 »

I never post here, but I just wanted to point out that Marten and Dora are apparently Pluggers.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #31 on: 08 Mar 2010, 12:11 »

I never post here, but I just wanted to point out that Marten and Dora are apparently Pluggers.
fixed your link for you.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #32 on: 08 Mar 2010, 12:25 »

...Or working out why the eagles couldn't carry Frodo to Mordor, dammit**.  :-D

No, I don't.  But don't let that stop you! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #33 on: 08 Mar 2010, 12:33 »

*Note: NOT Angus's fault. This is Marigold's perspective. The guy can't act on what he doesn't know.

But he can still be blamed for it
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #34 on: 08 Mar 2010, 13:01 »

Wait does this mean that not only is Marten (still) the only person in the flat who hasn't touched Faye's boobies, he's also now the only one who hasn't gotten into her panties?

Win.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #35 on: 08 Mar 2010, 13:04 »

Calling this poll early:

What happens next?
Marigold opens the bloody nose floodgates (again)  3 (8.6%)
Angus gets thrown out the door by Faye  2 (5.7%)
Dora makes something snap in Marten's neck  2 (5.7%)
Cosette gets out of traction  14 (40%)
Pancakes for everyone!  11 (31.4%)
Creepers for Everyone!  3 (8.6%)

Total Voters: 35
Just another Joe like 46

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #36 on: 08 Mar 2010, 13:25 »

Marigold's interests consist entirely of MMORPGs and anime, something that the rest of the group (excluding Hannelore) has little real interest in.  Even if she could bother to engage herself in conversation, she's got nothing interesting to talk about.

westrim

« Reply #37 on: 08 Mar 2010, 14:06 »

I'm pretty sure he did some accidental touching at some point.

You're both missing the point. Marigold has actually gone out with a guy for a cup of coffee, during which he starts chatting up the barista on a topic Marigold knows nothing about, and therefore feels completely shut out. It's one thing to know Angus is interested in someone else, and quite another to not only see it, but be excluded by it.*
"Inane" is Marigold's way of trying to make herself feel better about the whole thing. Yes, it's immature, but socially, Marigold is immature. She has no real idea how to play the game, and, worse, if she did try to play, she risks Faye verbally kicking her in front of Angus. Again. Besides, it is rather inane to spend hours talking about here-today, gone-next year bands. They should talk about something important and meaningful, like how Stephanie Meyer ripped off 'Beauty and the Beast' (all forms) to write Twilight, yet forgot to steal the important parts. Or working out why the eagles couldn't carry Frodo to Mordor, dammit**.  :-D
And no, Dora's not trying to feed Marigold's isolation. She knows what it's like to be the odd person out; remember her friends and her miserable slut brother? And I imagine she also thinks, as do I, that Marigold on the internet in a public place like coffee shop at least gives some potential for her interacting with actual people, as opposed to sitting alone in her room.
Nested comments whee! You have a point though; I did pick up on both those points, but clearly not fully so. I bow before your superior analytical skills.

fixed your link for you.
There's a blast from the past. My newspaper stopped carrying that comic years ago.

...Or working out why the eagles couldn't carry Frodo to Mordor, dammit**.  :-D
No, I don't.  But don't let that stop you!  
Why would it take a few hours? All that needs to be said is that the Eagles refused to carry the ring. Yes, there are details and UnfortunateImplications, but that's basically it.

But he can still be blamed for it
Which I'm sure this forum will be only too happy to do.

Marigold's interests consist entirely of MMORPGs and anime, something that the rest of the group (excluding Hannelore) has little real interest in.  Even if she could bother to engage herself in conversation, she's got nothing interesting to talk about.
We don't know that, she may have other interests we have not been informed of. Hanners got interested only recently, and all the others have displayed knowledge of various anime. Clearly you have not seen, say, Serial Experiments Lain. Anime is a medium, as diverse and interesting as any other (like, say music). She just needs to develop her social skills, not be ostracized for having an apparently limited interest set.

Whee, response post!
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 14:14 by westrim »

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #38 on: 08 Mar 2010, 14:17 »

and clearly you have not seen, say, Serial Experiments Lain

Please, I'm likely the biggest ABe fan on this board.  But I also know that talking to someone who has no interest in anime, about anime, is about the same as talking to a brick wall. 

semi1o1

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #39 on: 08 Mar 2010, 14:25 »

On a completely unrelated note, I miss Raven. And yes it’s mostly because of an unnatural lust for a fictional character.

She had a body of a bombshell and an attitude to match. Now Marigold’s the one with the seemingly most endowed and curvaceous bod, but the propensity of a box turtle.  Maybe Raven can do a cameo and show Marigold how to woo with her womanly whiles.

westrim

« Reply #40 on: 08 Mar 2010, 14:48 »

and clearly you have not seen, say, Serial Experiments Lain

Please, I'm likely the biggest ABe fan on this board.  But I also know that talking to someone who has no interest in anime, about anime, is about the same as talking to a brick wall. 
Perhaps you should have written "nothing interesting to them to talk about," then. As is, you implied that you held the opinion that it was not interesting. Also, my point that all of the other main characters have repeatedly displayed a knowledge and interest in anime before still stands.

Though, she could do with a viewing of Welcome to the N.H.K.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss Raven. And yes it’s mostly because of an unnatural lust for a fictional character.
She had a body of a bombshell and an attitude to match. Now Marigold’s the one with the seemingly most endowed and curvaceous bod, but the propensity of a box turtle.  Maybe Raven can do a cameo and show Marigold how to woo with her womanly whiles.
Erm, what? Sexy she may be, but she has a completely different body type from the standard bombshell. Not enough curves or meat on dem bones http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1228.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #41 on: 08 Mar 2010, 14:56 »

Speaking of Raven, let's not think too much about strip 329 in light of later developments. I do hope Jeph thinks of something original and funny enough to do with her that he sees fit to have her reappear: I miss her too.

And let's definitely not follow to its conclusion the thought that there's someone else in the group who plays WoW. I want Misfitigold to develop and experiment without facing that kind of problem.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
« Reply #42 on: 08 Mar 2010, 15:22 »

And so Marigold's misanthropy comes to light...

Also, I gotta say, Marigold isn't a very good fit for the QC universe. She completely caves under the least bit of snarkiness and isn't a music nerd. Eh, I guess its good to have some variety in the characters. But her lack of self-awareness is infuriating at times.

Amen. She says that Angus and Faye were having a conversation about a dumb band, but like, in older QC we would've been witnessing that conversation instead of boring things with Marigold. I miss the indie music ness of this comic a lot.
herro!

semi1o1

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #43 on: 08 Mar 2010, 15:44 »

Erm, what? Sexy she may be, but she has a completely different body type from the standard bombshell. Not enough curves or meat on dem bones http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1228.

I see you point after taking a second look. I guess I just had rose colored glasses. Marigold is definitely the Salma Hayek of the two.

I was trying to find a better Raven strip (not the one where she stripped) showing her curves without any luck. From what I saw I think the thing with Raven was her posture alla http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=469#. Always with the curved back and chest out; that may have just been the style back then.

Oh and on another side note, compared to the current art, http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=494looks like “QC kids” to me for some reason.
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 15:47 by semi1o1 »

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #44 on: 08 Mar 2010, 16:01 »

We don't know that, she may have other interests we have not been informed of. Hanners got interested only recently, and all the others have displayed knowledge of various anime. Clearly you have not seen, say, Serial Experiments Lain. Anime is a medium, as diverse and interesting as any other (like, say music). She just needs to develop her social skills, not be ostracized for having an apparently limited interest set.

I thought Sven played WoW, too.

schmeeble

• Plantmonster
« Reply #45 on: 08 Mar 2010, 16:49 »

Marigold is definitely the Salma Hayek of the two.

Vomit.
herro!

helloandgoodbye

• I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #46 on: 08 Mar 2010, 19:31 »

Marigold is definitely the Salma Hayek of the two.

Vomit.
  What??!  You don't find Salma Hayek incredibly sexy???!  That is a travesty!  :-o

westrim

« Reply #47 on: 08 Mar 2010, 19:58 »

Okay, gonna stop quoting whole conversations.

Speaking of Raven, let's not think too much about strip 329 in light of later developments. I do hope Jeph thinks of something original and funny enough to do with her that he sees fit to have her reappear: I miss her too.
And let's definitely not follow to its conclusion the thought that there's someone else in the group who plays WoW. I want Misfitigold to develop and experiment without facing that kind of problem.
I think that was just a punchline. I doubt he'll follow through on that, or Jeph is far more Machiavellian than I thought. On WoW, too late for that in this forum. But I don't think it will happen in the comic.

Amen. She says that Angus and Faye were having a conversation about a dumb band, but like, in older QC we would've been witnessing that conversation instead of boring things with Marigold. I miss the indie music ness of this comic a lot.
Vomit.
I was going to get all annoyed and get, like, totally (and ironically) bent out of shape, but then I remembered the point of this:
and felt better. I need to remember it more often.

I see you point after taking a second look. (cut in a desperate attempt to shorten this post)
Don't worry about it. The continuing art evolution is bound to cause a little confusion and misplaced memories. Remember when Faye was as much of a stick as Dora? I still can't shake that when looking at today's Dora.

I thought Sven played WoW, too.
Yup. And Jeph watches anime and played WoW as well.

What??!  You don't find Salma Hayek incredibly sexy???!  That is a travesty!  :-o
I'd go with that, but intentional ignorance isn't usually my style.

Sheesh, even without full quotes it's still long. I need to stop needing to respond to everything that needs a respon-augh! Recursive thinking!
« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2010, 20:01 by westrim »

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #48 on: 08 Mar 2010, 20:40 »

This is what makes the comic interesting. Mari comment about some "dumb band" shouldn't be taken as something damning of the whole genre. its like where I am from. I like rock, and have absolutely no interest in Soca. So if the conversation swings in that direction, it gets a bit boring. She is quiet, and a bit shy and has her own corner in the QC universe. Lets face it, Faye is a cunt. And not the good kind. Snarkiness is fine up to a point. Does it mean she is a bad character? No, she if part of the mix that makes QC damn interesting.

Gotta admit the hipster indie band culture is a bit annoying at times. Here Dora fits well. I don't think she is treating Mari like a kid. She tries to find Mari's area of comfort and within that, hopes to help her relate.

No matter if Jeph's comic is a little late in posting, we are guaranteed something interesting.
Help bring back the dragons!

giant_bug

• Emoticontraindication
  • I hope you like Giant Bugs
« Reply #49 on: 08 Mar 2010, 21:07 »

Social Protip for Marigold.

EYE CONTACT GIRL!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up