THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 00:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 6864 times)

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
  • Hai. Zorro here. Any CC?
Guild Wars 2
« on: 18 May 2012, 05:13 »

Yes, GW2 Beta weekend have been and it has been awesome and I've been awestruck by the game.

Those who play MMO's, get GW2, it more social then WoW, there is no endgame (get to level 80 to really enjoy the game). You get all the content (well, most) at starting levels. structured PvP (teams against eachother) or World V World V World (massive map, control keeps with players from your home-server) is awesome.

Questing isn't questing, it's going places and doing stuff, yeah, you get to kill 10 boars, but if you don't, the guy asking will die, his home destroyed and you have to kill the 30 boars and get 10 wood to make his house again. Dynamic events they are called and every 'quest' is one.

I only played 2 hours in the first beta weekend but i played the full 7 hours in the stress-test.

Some video's to entertain you guys:

Dynamic event system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes

TIme left: 1 hour GW analyzed: http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/guildcast-guild-wars-show/fighting-words/

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU

DrPhibes

• FIGHT YOU
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2012, 03:43 »

« Last Edit: 24 May 2012, 03:56 by DrPhibes »

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
  • I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2012, 15:38 »

Anyone else been playing the beta weekends? I pre-ordered, so I get to play every time. :-D There was one just this weekend. It got really quiet at the end.

But it's been super-amazing thus far. What I love is that by making a few simple choices at character creation, you can create your own completely unique and interesting story. For example, the main character I've been playing with (a Norn engineer) gambled away her heirloom. So many parts of her main story is related to getting it back. It makes you feel like you are special and important. :3
Both the hope and destroyer of worlds. Feel lucky?

Formerly LoliButt.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2012, 10:44 »

I am beyond stoked for this game. I don't know why this thread isn't blown up beyond all belief already.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2012, 14:27 »

I don't know why this thread isn't blown up beyond all belief already.
Got it all out my system in this thread.

Beta weekends are being quite badly implimented in all honesty.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2012, 15:01 »

I haven't played in them yet, but I had heard the opposite. How are they bad?

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #7 on: 09 Feb 2014, 01:51 »

So, does anyone here still play GW2?

The ginger lured me back to the game :o it's still fun even though I suck even more than I did before. Love the "living world" stuff but at the same time I'm a little sad to have missed so much of it!

I've been wasting a bit too much money dicking around with the mystic forge which is certainly a tax on the stupid
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #8 on: 09 Feb 2014, 19:03 »

I do on occasion. But I had to kinda stop for a while because I was obsessively working on my cooking. Like... it was not healthy. My freaking warrior would just blow all her money on cooking ingredients every time I got on to play as her! It just draws me in and I don't accomplish very much. :/ So I'll probably get back to playing sometime in the next few months, but it's iffy.

Formerly LoliButt.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #9 on: 07 Apr 2014, 05:44 »

Bought the game this weekend and gave it a try.  Went straight to WvW, and I have to say, I wish I'd bought this game at release.  It reminds me SO MUCH of Dark Age of Camelot.

D-alx

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 07 Jul 2014, 07:38 »

Don't know if this counts as a post necro.

I'm curious who still plays GW2 here actually, I'm feeling pretty jaded about the GW2 experience here so far.  I mean WvW is great, but crafting, dungeons and core mechanics haven't really changed much for me.  I've played from start of GW2 to about a year in before I left, I popped back in recently and left after a week or two of gameplay.

I don't really see the dynamic AI/content that was hyped about pre-game release.  Right now its pretty much the same old set of static scripted events with the same outcomes.  Also, combat trinity?  Less noticeable but still there, the action is more skill based - but the underlying core mechanics haven't changed.

Thoughts?

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
« Reply #11 on: 07 Jul 2014, 07:52 »

I haven't played in a few weeks, but I've only played exclusively WvW.

CrowFairy

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #12 on: 07 Jul 2014, 14:17 »

My interest has recently been revitalized by the new event going on. :) I can say more about my experience with the game another time, but I do highly recommend checking out what's new!

Formerly LoliButt.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jul 2014, 15:08 »

The missus and I keep coming back to it from time to time because it's still fun to just casually roam around and participate in events :) interest in the WvW zerg-rushes isn't as strong atm but I have been more or less happy with the events! I def. like the changes to the trait-system and I think they're finally starting to fix some of the gameplay issues that'd been keeping me from enjoying this one as much as I enjoyed the previous instalments. It has been a while though, and I've been thinking of playing some more this week :) I think I'll be happiest if they do away with Defiance
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am
Pages: [1]   Go Up