THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 03:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: tell me about bands that could be labeled as sludge bands  (Read 14395 times)

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
  • oh I can put stuff here? that's cool...
Re: tell me about bands that could be labeled as sludge bands
« Reply #50 on: 15 Mar 2010, 04:49 »

also, Acid Bath have some of the best (and most quotable) lyrics I've ever heard.
"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #51 on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:27 »

Assuming you aren't worried about offending anyone.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #52 on: 15 Mar 2010, 08:07 »

Damnable Fiend , you can say that again. Their lyrics are one of the most brilliant ones I've seen not only in the sludge scene but in music as a whole. Even the ballads have some extremely good and deep lyrics, while having a really creepy metaphor sometimes the ballads seems quite romantic imo. I would quote them as soon as I get the chance tbh.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #53 on: 15 Mar 2010, 11:36 »

I could be biased, though, I tend to think of sludge as what happens when black flag meet black sabbath in Louisiana, so it would take a whole lot more southern rock influence to make me think of something as not sludge than it appears to for wolves.

Oh it's not that I don't think they're sludge. It's just that at heart I'm a hardcore dude so I'm naturally more predisposed to bands like Abandon than the more southern rock inflected end of things. That was all I meant when I said they wouldn't be one of my top picks.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up