Dr. Bunnigus/Reverend - Schlock Mercentary
- 1 (1.1%)
Haley Starshine/Elan - OOTS
- 13 (14.4%)
Something I've obviously overlooked
- 33 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 March  (Read 89334 times)

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
WCT 22-26 March
« on: 21 Mar 2010, 17:59 »

It's back to work after a March Break with the kids and a basement to paint.  So here you go.

« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2010, 13:22 by Border Reiver »
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
Re: WCT 21-25 March
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:01 »

What colors did you paint the kids?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:17 »

I hope you didn't paint them pastel colors. Screw Easter, I effing HATE pastels!
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:25 »

Marigold, one word: SOUR.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:33 »

"YES! I hate this! It is revolting!"

"More?"

"Please!"
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

A. Smith

• Emoticontraindication
  • Amateur Cartographer
« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2010, 22:49 »

Whether I concur with Marigold depends on the proof.

80 proof: Oh come on.

150 proof (it exists): freakin understandable.

EDIT: ohwait, just saw the newspost. 136? Yeah, ok, that's harsh.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2010, 22:54 by A. Smith »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 21 Mar 2010, 23:37 »

They'll soon have her on Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #7 on: 21 Mar 2010, 23:51 »

You really do have to give Marigirl some credit; shut in as she is, she is making a genuine effort to expand her horizons. 

I do gotta agree with Faye though, it is pretty entertaining; Mari's facial expressions pretty much matched my reaction when I took my first ever shot of everclear.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #8 on: 21 Mar 2010, 23:57 »

Voted "Something else" because there was no option for HAWT DRUNKEN THREESOME WUT.  (aka "does something with Angus AND Marigold that "we must never speak of again"")

Yeah, I think the odds of that are about as good as Congress passing health care reform OH SHI-

D
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2010, 00:13 »

Faye is not being directly snide! I give her credit for that.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2010, 02:39 »

Results of the Quickie poll were:

Question: This week does Faye

Do something off camera with Angus "that we must never speak of again."?  2 (9.1%)
Something off camera with Marigold that "we must never speak of again."?  5 (22.7%)
Begin the job search?  7 (31.8%)
Something else?  8 (36.4%)

Total Voters: 22

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2010, 04:05 »

Trimmed in a sort of faded denim colour with a pale blue-white - really brightened 'em up.  Plus the recycled paint we used was 1/3 the price of a regular can of paint so it was a really good deal as well.

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2010, 04:23 »

"More?"

"Please!"

Wasn't that an ST:TNG quote where Data was testing out his emotion chip in one movie? But yeah, I can relate to Marigold. I absolutely do not want or even remotely like gin, but I'd drink tequila on any given Sunday.
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #13 on: 22 Mar 2010, 04:29 »

I'm so glad I outgrew peer pressure.

No, really, I like knocking back a slug of Uncle Nastak's Cheap 'n Cheerful Chicago Courage Gin at the end of the day. That expression is simply my way of demonstrating my enjoyment of the hint of Lawrey's Seasoning Salt that's their trademark in this robust compound gin.

Trimmed in a sort of faded denim colour with a pale blue-white - really brightened 'em up.  Plus the recycled paint we used was 1/3 the price of a regular can of paint so it was a really good deal as well.
Sounds lovely, but how long does a coat last? I mean, does it really save over the seasonal trashbags my brother sends his out in?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2010, 05:49 »

Gin?  You like drinking something that tastes like pine needles?  Sorry - Botanicals.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2010, 06:09 »

I'd hardly call what the good folks at Uncle Nastak's throw into the bathtub infuse their fine product with 'botanicals.' Seasonings and condiments are more like it.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2010, 06:20 »

Gin's not my drink of choice, though I do like an occasional shot of Bombay Sapphire.  But then I'm classy and shit.  Seriously, I wear a monocle and everything!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2010, 06:43 »

"More?"

"Please!"

Ah, Data reference FTW.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #18 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:07 »

136 proof? I ain't drinkin' that! I might pour it in my gas tank, but I ain't drinkin' it!
I drink 80 proof, 12 year old, single malt, Glenlivet TYVM.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Logicaldisorder

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #19 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:52 »

I really hate to say this, and I am not trying to insult anyone or put anyone down, but at this point I think I'm just about done with this comic. I'm tired of the Marigold show, she's not a character I'm interested in, and suddenly she's the center of attention in 80-90 percent of the comics since she was introduced. I miss the characters that were already in the comic, who have been forgotten/pushed aside. I used to read every day, but lately it's gotten to where I only check every few days and roll my eyes whenever it's all about marigold. Hell, even comics that don't have Marigold in them are all about her. I'm just tired of it, and wanted to voice my opinion, hopefully without making too much of an ass of myself. So, thanks for listening to me ramble, glad for people who still enjoy the comic, and I'll see you later.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2010, 08:09 »

Bye! 

Been nice never hearing from you before...

Seriously, to each his own.  But I'm guessing he/she/it's not going to be back to find out if he/she/it (they?) made a difference. 

Slice of life comics - alienating people since "Mary Worth". 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2010, 09:35 »

Logicaldisorder

Don't let the door hit you where Yelling Bird split you.

As for the comic, I am SO hoping marigold wakes up drunk and naked and confused about where she is.

Also, drinking Gin is like being fucked in the liver by a Pine Elemental.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Logicaldisorder

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2010, 09:41 »

Is there any need to be rude? All I did was voice my opinion as politely as I could. (Directed at Wiregeek btw)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2010, 09:57 »

The characters rotate being on center stage. Most likely, after a stretch of character development Marigirl will go onto the back burner along with Pennelope or even the freezer along with Raven.

What's wrong with Marigold anyway? The theme of a socially inhibited character going outside her comfort zone to try new things is a regular one in QC. She's realistic: my wife used to be housemates with someone who had a lot in common with Marigold.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2010, 10:02 »

Is there any need to be rude? All I did was voice my opinion as politely as I could. (Directed at Wiregeek btw)
Are you sure Wiregeek wasn't employing the old 'eye for an eye' method of social interaction?
Many people consider the whole concept of "blah blah, I'm done with X, bye" to be inherently rude (regardless of the turn of phrase actually used, but especially if it's your first post) and therefore a valid target for ridicule.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

lexis

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2010, 10:21 »

logicaldisorder had to come back and say something, because it's just not a good flounce unless you do it at least twice. 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2010, 10:56 »

Man, I'm saving the second clause of that one for when I get tired of my current sig.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010, 11:09 by raoullefere »

Logicaldisorder

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2010, 11:00 »

*sigh* As I stated, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. And I wasn't trying to 'flounce'. I was JUST trying to state my opinion without attacking anyone, and I don't think I should be attacked FOR it. That's all.

I'm also sorry that I registered so long ago but never posted. Maybe things would be different. Maybe everyone wouldn't be so quick to immediately dismiss what I said. This isn't about offending or attacking anyone. It's just my opinion. Is that allowed to be stated without people assuming you're a troll or whatever? Again, I don't want to single any single person out or try to blame anyone. I also wasn't trying to tell Jeph what to do. I was ONLY stating that I THINK I'm done with the comic, at least for awhile, just because I don't happen to like all of the focus on Marigold. That's all.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2010, 11:11 »

Logicaldisorder, destesting Marigold is fine. Thinking she poisons the QC pond, also fine. Complaining about it until we can predict the content of your posts before reading them: go for it.  Get rid of "I think I'm just about done with this comic" and "I'm just tired of it, and wanted to voice my opinion, hopefully without making too much of an ass of myself. So, thanks for listening to me ramble, glad for people who still enjoy the comic, and I'll see you later." and then you're presenting your opinion. The rest can happen without alerting us to it.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2010, 13:41 »

Would you like some Cheese with that Logicaldisorder?
James The Kugai 

Exar_Kun

• Me Hawngry!
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2010, 13:50 »

Yeah, since when did Jeph ever draw this comic for (y)OUR amusment?  Its perfectly understandable that he would get tired of writing about the same characters for 1600+ strips. Writers get tired of there characters every once in a while. You are lucky Jeph isn't like other writers (some of whom write precisely about what they know will piss off their readers).  God help us if Jeph ever become someone like Yoshiyuki Tomino, who kills off characters if they so much as look at him funny.

What I'm saying is, Jeph will eventually get tired of writing about Marigold, and he'll move on to other character that fans can ship/draw erotica of/write fan-fic about, etc.
Red Two: Look at the *size* of that thing!
Red Leader: Cut the chatter Red Two, accelerate to attack speed!

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2010, 14:09 »

I don't like you and I want to set you on fire.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

danman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2010, 16:47 »

Are you sure Wiregeek wasn't employing the old 'eye for an eye' method of social interaction?
Many people consider the whole concept of "blah blah, I'm done with X, bye" to be inherently rude (regardless of the turn of phrase actually used, but especially if it's your first post) and therefore a valid target for ridicule.

It's not so much rudeness, as the elevated sense of self-importance that calls for the responses. The comic has several ten thousand readers.
Why would Jeff, or anyone so much give a damn about Logicaldisorder's pathetic tantrum? One reader less... so what? There are many that like marigold so it is not even a  sure decrease in readership.
"The pyramid is opening!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
                -- Firesign Theater, "How Can You Be In Two Places At
                   Once When You're Not Anywhere At All"

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2010, 17:59 »

Hmmmmmm

Do we need to set up the Steel Cage Ring again?
James The Kugai 

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #34 on: 22 Mar 2010, 18:26 »

No, really, I like knocking back a slug of Uncle Nastak's Cheap 'n Cheerful Chicago Courage Gin at the end of the day. That expression is simply my way of demonstrating my enjoyment of the hint of Lawrey's Seasoning Salt that's their trademark in this robust compound gin.

I initially read that as "compost gin."
I'm not entirely sure I was wrong.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #35 on: 22 Mar 2010, 18:44 »

Logicaldisorder

Suddenly I feel an overwhelming hunger for lasagna
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #36 on: 22 Mar 2010, 18:48 »

You guys are kinda mean.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

viatriphop

• Emoticontraindication
  • ~ wah wha wha
    • ~~~
« Reply #37 on: 22 Mar 2010, 19:52 »

Meh..not really. This thread is about what you think of the QC per  day/weekly. Not a lj moment where you yap at everyone about   abandoning the comic.Nobody cares if "so-&-so" reads it  or not. Stating your opinion is fine. But lets not treat these threads like a closing Myspace account.
~~~~~

michi-love

« Reply #38 on: 22 Mar 2010, 21:03 »

Here's what I think about the comic; today, this week, and just plain old "lately": it's fun, it's different, Marigold is the embodiment of 70% of my friends in high school - and, truthfully, now - not to mention pretty hilarious to watch. I don't particularly like every facet of her, but she's interesting.

In regards to Logicaldisorder, I'd like to put my two cents in, too. If you're going to let one character and their introductory arc turn you completely off of the entire comic, to the point you feel so strongly that you must inform the whole of the internet, then you're truly a horrible fan. (One wonders if perhaps this is the person who was the #badfan from Jeph's twitter note the other night.) Even more so, you prove your idiocy and lack of common sense (or, ha, logic) by posting your dismissal of Marigold and the comic... in a completely inappropriate thread? I haven't looked, but I'm positive there are plenty of anti-Marmar threads in the discussion board. But, knowing that most people tend to go to the weekly discussion of the comics more than the whining boards of others like yourself, you posted here, proving that not only are you a whining moron, but an attention-seeking one as well! Congratulations.

Oh, and also: I have found another reason never to try hard liquor. Thank you for the life-lesson, QC! :D

Bookdust

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #39 on: 22 Mar 2010, 21:11 »

How adorable is Marigold in panel 5, huh?

*pant*
*pant*
*pant*
Andy: Hey, while I have you here, what do you think of this? Scrotation marks.

Ann: I don’t know what you’re talking about, but my gut says no.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:09 »

Wow, people really hate on gin, what's up with that?  It's not my first choice, liquor-wise, but it ain't that bad.  Although I guess it all depends on one's experience with it.  I had a . . . less-than-ideal experience with tequila once (I know, I know, who hasn't), so I can't drink it straight anymore, but I have no problem with margaritas.  As with any liquor, hard or otherwise, it's pretty much all about moderation -- as in, you know, don't drink the whole liter o' hooch.  My taste tends to run toward dark rum (mmm, Myer's) and green Chartreuse.

I was semi-surprised when Monday's comeek didn't start with Angus waking to two sets of panties on his head -- only to wake up for real to something more odd or horrific.  Given that Dora and Marten have the apartment to themselves once Dora gets home . . . I kinda doubt Dora's gonna be upset Faye won't be around to hear any whinnying.   :laugh:

Ha!  Comic updated while I was typing.  Good to know Pintsize is a "full-service" AnthroPC.
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010, 22:11 by Heliphyneau »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #41 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:16 »

Pintsize has been visiting 4chan far too often.  He's got the internet version of Tourettes.  

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #42 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:20 »

MMMMMmmm Hmmmm! Grrrrrrrlll I bet they are gonna hook up tonight!!!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #43 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:22 »

Martin and Dora look happy together. Oh, and this comic contains another excellent life-lesson, michi-love: never, ever load your date up with hooch and mexican food if you expect to spend much time with her or him after said date. Marten got off lucky, trust me. Unless, of course, he's too much a gentleman to complain about the gas-attack.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #44 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:22 »

I never read Mary Worth, though it was in the newspaper I read when growing up.  What's it about?

And at least all Dora had was tummy troubles.  Tummy troubles with projectile isn't fun.  You may as well be in 'The Exorcist' if you're projectiling from both ends.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #45 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:30 »

I never read Mary Worth, though it was in the newspaper I read when growing up.  What's it about?

It's about a post-apocalyptic society of apartment dwellers who nose in each other's business and systematically kill outsiders, presenting their charred corpses to the great Dog-God Marmaduke.  One Aldo Kelrast comes to mind.  
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010, 22:33 by Tuitsuro »

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #46 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:33 »

Wait....how did Marten know it was bourbon and tacos? Dora didn't specify what the dinner and booze was...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #47 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:37 »

Hmmmmmm

Do we need to set up the Steel Cage Ring again?
I say chairs and mops at 10 paces at the coffee shop.
Just another Joe like 46

michi-love

« Reply #48 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:38 »

One, that particular life lesson seemed to me to be more common sense than necessary to realize through anecdotes... but hey, that's just me. o.o

Two... I noticed that too! Either Jeph is human, or Marten is psychic. I bet it's the human one. Though the latter does open up a rather interesting idea for a new story arc... hrmmm.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #49 on: 22 Mar 2010, 22:43 »

Wait....how did Marten know it was bourbon and tacos? Dora didn't specify what the dinner and booze was...
He does know that Faye is a Bourbon lady. Midnight Hobo, in particular.
Just another Joe like 46
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up