THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex  (Read 2117 times)

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex
« on: 30 Mar 2010, 07:06 »

http://thenamelessmod.com/

It seems like a really horrible premise for a game but somehow it works.

If you have a copy of Deus Ex you should really check it out.  Basically it's like being able to play Deus Ex all over again!

Also, there is a Deathmole CD in game which amused me to no end.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Re: The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2010, 10:15 »

That's cute. I learned about this thing right about when it came out but never really got around to trying it out. How is it?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
Re: The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2010, 10:44 »

There are a lot of inside jokes.  But there are jokes that I get too.

But really it's pretty awesome.  I have had a ton of fun on my first play through.

There is a CRAPLOAD of new content.  Like there is this one hacking mission where you have to use DOS commands to read the C:/log files and stuff.  Which was a bit hard to puzzle out but still fun and fulfilling.  (and you can always just blow stuff up if you don't want to do the hacking)

They really nailed the "chose how you want to accomplish a mission" thing that worked so well in the original Deus Ex.  There is always a different way to accomplish a goal.

The main thing I want to tell people is to make sure they do all the missions before moving on.  Save often because stuff changes depending on what you do and people get pissed at you.  Buy stuff from the guys selling augs because stuff *might* happen during the second day that makes them go away forever.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2010, 11:07 by Caleb »
Pages: [1]   Go Up