THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT April 19-23  (Read 64028 times)

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
Re: WCT April 19-23
« Reply #150 on: 23 Apr 2010, 00:30 »

Sven, you fool! Do you realize what you have done?! You have destroyed the space-time continuum!!
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #151 on: 23 Apr 2010, 00:33 »

Sveeeeennnn. :D
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #152 on: 23 Apr 2010, 00:54 »

I am ashamed to say that I am that oblivious when it comes to women hitting on me.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #153 on: 23 Apr 2010, 00:58 »

Sven isn't so much oblivious as he is disinterested, or perhaps jaded.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #154 on: 23 Apr 2010, 00:59 »

Man, don't you hate it when girls dirty up your napkin with silly numbers? I know I…never had that problem, really.
Actually, since he's ignoring them, Sven probably gets three times the 'hits' now.

They have a cave troll.

Thank you Boromir

Three movies and other than Theoden's speech right before the Charge of the Rohirrim, still the best line for me.
Mine is from the extended DVD of Fellowship
Frodo: Don't worry, Sam, Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one.
Sam (looking worried) Does she?
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #155 on: 23 Apr 2010, 01:13 »

Holy shit!!!  Sven's become a Monk!   :-o

Faye has ruined Sven forever.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #156 on: 23 Apr 2010, 02:01 »

Wow, Sven sure is in a funk. I kind of feel sorry for hi- wait, three girls have given him their number!? Dude, sober up (mentally ,not from drunkeness)!

Sven is perfectly sober. He just can't have the one woman he wants.

nah, that's not the 'can't have the girl he wants' distraction, that's the 'feels like shit for hurting a girl he likes' depression.

zagraf

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #157 on: 23 Apr 2010, 02:59 »

I hope the return of Sven means we'll get to see his intern Lydia (it is Lydia, right?) again. Not because I want them to get together--that ain't gonna happen--I just like her feistiness and refusal to tolerate Sven's slips into jerkassery. Don't get me wrong: I like Sven, and his jerkass moments have gotten fewer and farther between, but he still has them, and with his not stopping by at CoD anymore (except that one time) even to see Dora, someone's gotta be there to keep him from relapsing into the guy who literally tossed Marten at one of his exes to distract her because he lacked the cojones to face her himself.

mutterc

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #158 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:08 »

Character development + fancy outfits = smiles.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #159 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:13 »

I am ashamed to say that I am that oblivious when it comes to women hitting on me.
You and an army. Many men just dont recognize it. I am another example.

Faye has ruined Sven forever.
Naaah now lets just dont get our hopes up.

nah, that's not the 'can't have the girl he wants' distraction, that's the 'feels like shit for hurting a girl he likes' depression.
Depression ? Looks more like the "I dont give a f*** today" mood to me.
Carpe Diem

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #160 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:19 »

Man, don't you hate it when girls dirty up your napkin with silly numbers? I know I…never had that problem, really.
Actually, since he's ignoring them, Sven probably gets three times the 'hits' now.
<snip>

Only three?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #161 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:21 »

Y'know, here we sit judging the choices of nonexistent people. When we could be advancing our own lives.
If we really could, we already would have.

This strip reminds me of that episode of House where House, Wilson, and Chase go speed dating.
House bets Chase $100 that even if he acts like a major douche towards all the women there, he'll still rack up numbers just because of his looks. House wins, clearly.
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #162 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:34 »

Ditto.

Of course, it could be the fact that I'm a chick and don't frequent gay bars.

Or that I'm constantly chanting, "Azh nazg durbatulűk. Azh nazg gimbatul. Azh nazg thrakatulűk. Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #163 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:28 »

*Recoils*

NEVER HAS ANYONE DARED UTTER WORDS OF THAT FOUL TONGUE IN THE SERIOUS PONY DISCUSSION FORUM!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #164 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:33 »

@Mad Cat, After that quote, this is me hitting on you. :)
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

michi-love

« Reply #165 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:55 »

Did anyone else wonder what the hell happened to the magical reappearing fork?

I know it's weird. But one panel, holding fork. Next, no fork. Another, still no fork. Then he's chewing, holding fork. It's not laying on the table, or the plate. WHERE DID IT GO?! MY BRAIN CANNOT TAKE THIS WTFERY.

Oh, and also - I am glad to see Sven again. Amused by his cynicism towards being hit on by his previous "type".

On another note, I too suffer from oblivion on the whole "being hit upon" thing. By dudes, 'cause I am a chick, and a straight one, but same basic concept, yeah?

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #166 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:56 »

Seems like the rumors of someone being eaten by an allosaurus were wrong.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Theriandros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #167 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:02 »

Wait, that's Sven?

Wow. Clearly it's been too long since he showed up in this comic because I ended up reading it three times trying to find a recognizable character before finally coming to the conclusion that the bartender might be Will.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #168 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:04 »

I like how Wil just made his first appearance in forever and nobody seems to notice. (As far as I know we last saw him in #1529, which was before last Thanksgiving.)

thenerdpatrol

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • theNerdPatrol
« Reply #169 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:34 »

YAY, SVEN!

I know there are a lot of Sven haters around here, but I've always enjoyed his character and what he brings out in the characters he interacts with. I'm totally up for some more character development involving him!

YAY!

fineout

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #170 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:53 »

i dont think that was will, i think that was the other guy that works there

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #171 on: 23 Apr 2010, 09:11 »

Great comic today. I like Sven and the art just keeps getting better.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #172 on: 23 Apr 2010, 09:37 »

i dont think that was will, i think that was the other guy that works there

I'm pretty sure it is. Same nose and cheekbone lines.

The other guy is shorter.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1480

EDIT: Also:
http://twitter.com/jephjacques/status/12679229773
script done. features a couple characters we haven't seen in a while! I HOPE YOU RECOGNIZE THEM. will start streaming shortly.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2010, 09:39 by bicostp »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #173 on: 23 Apr 2010, 10:10 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #174 on: 23 Apr 2010, 10:18 »

To be a Starbucksish megachain. All she would have needed was to sell her soul. Actually, have we ever heard the story of the founding of CoD? i don't think we have. How did a young 20something like her get enough capitol to start a business? Or did she take it over from someone else? Flashback time, Jeph!

Ok figure two bean grinders, two big coffee-makers and an espresso machine...   Just a quick look on Craigslist shows I can have all of those for about $2,000.

Then you spend another $1,000javascript:void(0); on tables and chairs... and about $500 on basic cups and spoons and saucers.

Another thousand to put down rent and deposit...  and $500 for the permits/inspections.

Then you spend $250 on supplies:   coffee, milk, creamer, whatnot.

Roughly $5,000.    Her parents could have fronted her part of it,  bank-loans cover the rest... hard work at a previous job saving every penny...     

Once you are open and have a market share you start reinvesting in the business... buying better machines,  custom cups and saucers,  remodeling... hiring extra workers,  advertising blitz...

I'm basing this partly on my experiences starting my business.   I started off with a yellow Chicom lathe and mill for $1,500 and at this point I'm working for myself,  I reached my goal of becoming  a full-service machine-shop/molding company.

It ain't easy,  coffee shop or machine-shop.    Not everyone has the drive or the moxie to pull it off...  but it's not as expensive as you think.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #175 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:01 »

@Beltsander

Sweet, can you whip me up a 3/4"x5" shaft with a 2"x4" flat flanged onto the end, then, so I can get my !@$!#%!% lawn mower back up?

;)
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #176 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:03 »

I like how Wil just made his first appearance in forever and nobody seems to notice. (As far as I know we last saw him in #1529, which was before last Thanksgiving.)

Well of course we noticed!  But there's not as much to talk about with him (just a moustache) as there is with whatever the fuck is going on with Sven!  

Personally, I'm wanting him to write a country/pop song about the 3rd crusade.  It'll be a flop, of course.  And the beginning of a huge downward spiral into depression and self loathing which will force Lydia and Penelope into an interventiion involving a lot of good cop/bad cop yelling and the like.  

Or not.  

Same here.  Either that, or they just don't.  Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the latter...

Probably something to do with the cursed enchanted ring on my finger.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #177 on: 23 Apr 2010, 12:04 »

I think these last few strips with Pen and Faye have disillusioned me on the whole concept of social security.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #178 on: 23 Apr 2010, 13:07 »

Cool to see Sven and Wil again, despite Sven being all pouty-pants.  I guess the split with Faye sorta has him off his game, but if I remember right, he was going to 'swear off girls' or some such before the whole interlude with her started.  Maybe he's back on track with the whole not-fucking-around-constantly thing, who knows.  I do like his intern, so it would be cool to see her again -- hey, maybe she knows Cosette . . . or Tai . . .

Is it weird that the main thing I want to know from today's strip is whether Wil's mustache is real?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #179 on: 23 Apr 2010, 13:29 »

Wil has the class not to gloat about having a girlfriend, or at a minimum class enough not to do it on camera at work.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #180 on: 23 Apr 2010, 13:56 »

Ditto.

Of course, it could be the fact that I'm a chick and don't frequent gay bars.

Or that I'm constantly chanting, "Azh nazg durbatulűk. Azh nazg gimbatul. Azh nazg thrakatulűk. Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

So, the Lady of the Black Lands has come forth to have judgement done upon her.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #181 on: 23 Apr 2010, 15:08 »

Is it weird that the main thing I want to know from today's strip is whether Wil's mustache is real?
Nope, not weird, just nerdy. And now I'm asking myself the same question. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

westrim

« Reply #182 on: 23 Apr 2010, 16:58 »

Jumping on the "oblivious to advances by ladyfolk" band wagon. Though there is of course the possibility that they've never actually happened to me, there have been a few instances where I realized days or weeks later that someone may have been hitting on me at a particular event. The one girlfriend I've had, had to ask me out, and when she did I at first thought she was joking (other people were involved and it wasn't a direct question, sue me). When I realized she wasn't I said yes and we got along fine. Why yes, the relationship was ended by her 2 months later, and no I don't really know why (though she's still friendly), why do you ask? Sometimes Asperger's pretty much sucks.

Ok figure two bean grinders, two big coffee-makers and an espresso machine...   Just a quick look on Craigslist shows I can have all of those for about $2,000.

Then you spend another $1,000javascript:void(0); on tables and chairs... and about $500 on basic cups and spoons and saucers.

Another thousand to put down rent and deposit...  and $500 for the permits/inspections.

Then you spend $250 on supplies:   coffee, milk, creamer, whatnot.

Roughly $5,000.    Her parents could have fronted her part of it,  bank-loans cover the rest... hard work at a previous job saving every penny...      

Once you are open and have a market share you start reinvesting in the business... buying better machines,  custom cups and saucers,  remodeling... hiring extra workers,  advertising blitz...

I'm basing this partly on my experiences starting my business.   I started off with a yellow Chicom lathe and mill for $1,500 and at this point I'm working for myself,  I reached my goal of becoming  a full-service machine-shop/molding company.

It ain't easy,  coffee shop or machine-shop.    Not everyone has the drive or the moxie to pull it off...  but it's not as expensive as you think.

More like 15 K by my estimates. Didn't research enough to give a cost breakdown, but I live in California and it costs about 80 grand to start a restaurant here, minimum, even in a previously occupied space. She has a cafe devoted to one product, but it's still not going to be cheap even in a state with lower overall costs ( I seriously doubt that she found a place that had a bathroom and a basement large enough to be considered for business expansion with rent AND a deposit for only $1000, no matter what the  local economics, and especially not a (guessing) a thriving 2002 Massachusetts town), and it's going to be way more than $5,000. Also, you forgot a few things. Assuming that the place was bare when she moved in but in good condition (clean windows, no holes in the walls, bathroom facilities already there) there's still painting (and the prep work), decorations, the board, the sink and counter, and whatever else I forgot too that she still has to buy. And a fridge, and a- stopping now.

Nope, not weird, just nerdy. And now I'm asking myself the same question. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
B-but, but I commented on its veracity first...

I was thinking it was a paste on.
*pouts*

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #183 on: 23 Apr 2010, 20:56 »

Yeah, it is him. There's the "cheekbone mark".
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #184 on: 23 Apr 2010, 23:10 »

Boo. Not happy to see Sven again. He could fall off the face of the earth, and I wouldn't care ooooone bit. But, hey, Wil!

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #185 on: 23 Apr 2010, 23:32 »

Boo. Not happy to see Sven again. He could fall off the face of the earth, and I wouldn't care ooooone bit. But, hey, Wil!

Meanwhile I happily went "Sveeeeennnnnnnn!!!" I want to see him back to his witty and cocky self though.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #186 on: 24 Apr 2010, 14:18 »

…the beginning of a huge downward spiral into depression and self loathing which will force Lydia and Penelope into an intervention involving a lot of good cop/bad cop yelling and the like.  
Now we're cooking.

I don't think enough time has passed for Wil to grow a mustache like that, unless, of course, Wil is especially follicly gifted. Or QC universe has MiracleGro for hair. Which would make it utopia indeed for some, if the Bosley/Hair Club/Hair-on-a-Doornob adds and the like are giving the straight tell.

Of course, if there is MiracleGro for hair in the QC-verse, there simply has to be someone out there who's tried to turn him or herself into a Wookie.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #187 on: 24 Apr 2010, 15:19 »

Raoullefere, I don't know about IRL, but your avatar could use some...

Of course, on a sunny day, I blind the neighborhood when I remove my chapeau! 

michi-love

« Reply #188 on: 24 Apr 2010, 22:22 »

I really shouldn't lurk these forums when half-asleep.

I can only see a balded Steve mixing up a watering can of Miracle Gro, and getting Marten to shower his shiny skull with it.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #189 on: 24 Apr 2010, 23:13 »

Funny thing, michi-love, I was thinking that of all the QC males to face possible hair loss, Steve seems to me to be the most likely candidate.

michi-love

« Reply #190 on: 24 Apr 2010, 23:14 »

It's because he's the stereotype.

Also, what with his former line of work, he could have burnt it off...

but mostly he represents that douchey dude who is balding at the ten-year reunion, with a pot-belly.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #191 on: 25 Apr 2010, 08:46 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #192 on: 26 Apr 2010, 01:35 »

Sometimes Asperger's pretty much sucks.

True dat, Bro.

:mrgreen:  Hair Club for Smileys
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #193 on: 26 Apr 2010, 05:26 »

Ok figure two bean grinders, two big coffee-makers and an espresso machine...   Just a quick look on Craigslist shows I can have all of those for about $2,000.
And the espresso machine was pretty dodgy, and even possibly second-hand.

I started off with a yellow Chicom lathe and mill for $1,500
A Chinese Communist lathe eh? Did it shout slogans from 毛主席语录? Organise Struggle Sessions with the other tools in your workshop? Hum the tune of "The East Is Red" as it worked?  :-D
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #194 on: 27 Apr 2010, 01:56 »

I would prefer getting Raven back.

She might be the same thing in the female version, but at least she's funny.
Carpe Diem

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #195 on: 27 Apr 2010, 03:24 »

(old) Raven is not a female version of (old) Sven.  She's just not smarmy and on the make enough. 

Then again, I don't think any woman could be. 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #196 on: 27 Apr 2010, 08:10 »

Meena comes to mind. I was just reading the sequence where she and Steve meet, and, reading it with foreknowledge, her actions take a slightly different meaning. Of course, that may be more devious than smarmy.

I agree Raven isn't smarmy at all. On the make? Well, she has all these ploys for getting boys, does she not? Even has a makeout address book as I recall. And she played D&D to have those poor guys salivate over her and giver her breaks and advantaged. And…
 Y'know, Raven just might be on the make.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 08:18 by raoullefere »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up