THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 12:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Island  (Read 12642 times)

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
Re: Dead Island
« Reply #50 on: 25 May 2011, 09:30 »

I know this is bumping, but there's some news, in regards to gameplay.

Gameplay Vid

Pretty pretty pretty.  I like how in the vid, the protagonist takes the truck that's blocking the hole in the wall, then just leaves the surviving chick in there to get eaten.  Made me laugh.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #51 on: 25 May 2011, 17:07 »

Looks like borderlands, except you seem to able to mod your weapons
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #52 on: 29 May 2011, 22:30 »

Looks like borderlands, except you seem to able to mod your weapons

I don't see that as bad.  I liked Borderlands, and I love zombies...
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: 10 Sep 2011, 08:36 »

So it's out now, what does everyone think?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #54 on: 11 Sep 2011, 23:32 »

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #55 on: 12 Sep 2011, 09:10 »

It's a pretty fun game, but by no means great, and it's got a few niggling flaws. For one, the game seems to be incapable of understanding how many people are currently playing it with you, and even if you're playing it with other people at all. So far I've not played it with other people, but many of the cut scenes clearly show all four game characters there, and when people are talking to you, they often get your character's gender wrong, or act as if there's more than one of you.
Also, when you pick up alcohol, it often replaces the weapon you've got in your hand, which is rather irritating.

Other than that, it's a fun enough game, though I'd advise anyone buying it that it probably isn't worth paying full price for - either wait for a price drop, or do that other thing that makes getting games a lot cheaper.

edit: Also, I'm playing it on the PC and the game is clearly designed for consoles; they've not bothered adapting the interface to take advantage of the fact that PCs have keyboards, so to switch weapons, you have to hold middle mouse, then choose weapons from a dial. I think this is the way it was managed on consoles for Oblivion? It's pretty fucking annoying because it slows down weapon switching a lot, which can mean you have to choose between wasting bullets in close combat, or losing a big chunk of health.

Plus, close-combat weapons get damaged when you use them, and early on in the game, they take it very very quickly - I've taken to carrying around two or three of the same sort of weapon, because one will inevitably need repairing half way through a quest.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2011, 11:15 by schimmy »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up