THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are the girls screaming and pointing at?

Sven! (They haven't seen him in years!)
- 11 (25.6%)
The huge zit on Sven's nose!
- 0 (0%)
The Art Gallery couple who now hold a burning Espressosaurus!
- 2 (4.7%)
The realization that Sven's reading about the CRUSADES!
- 10 (23.3%)
The horde of women lined up behind Sven!
- 3 (7%)
The Starbucks that just opened across the street!
- 17 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT April 26-30, 2010 (1651-1655)  (Read 80257 times)

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
Re: WCT April 26-30, 2010
« Reply #100 on: 27 Apr 2010, 23:16 »

Dear god, Marigold is fucking terribly socially inept.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #101 on: 27 Apr 2010, 23:39 »

Is this showing how Marigold doesn't know how to interact with people, or what? I don't understand why she's so....zombified over this. Mortified?

I do believe she is quite mindfucked.  Somewhere in the back of her brain, a little voice is saying 'El número que ha marcado ha sido desconectado.'  Yes, it is in poorly-translated Spanish, and no one knows why

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #102 on: 27 Apr 2010, 23:40 »

This strip would be even funnier if Dora didn't know Marigold's been through trauma already.

"Whatever you do," Dora tweets later, "avoid The Crusades. A person I know read something in it that actually threw her into shock."
Next tweet. "No, I don't know what. I got enough problems without being traumatized by a freaking book."

I see that Momo is able to move, but silent. I still wonder if she's been damaged.

"'enry 'iggens" is simply bubbling in my brain at the moment.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #103 on: 27 Apr 2010, 23:43 »

Looks like I'm about a day late (bad timing in checking/refreshing the comic), but I have to wonder if I'm the only one getting a Ben and Me flashback from Momo riding around in Marigold's hoodie and trying to keep her out of trouble?

"Post, Ben, post!"
"Oh, hello Mr. Post--"
*prang*

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #104 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:07 »

Can you actually return books in the USA just because you don't like them, as opposed to returning them because they have pages missing or something? It would be awesome if we could do that, especially because books are so expensive in Australia.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #105 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:29 »

Hmm I dont know for germany. I never tried that one. Then again, when I buy a book, I usually have made sure I like it.
Carpe Diem

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #106 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:32 »

Funnily enough, my local library not only lets me return books I don't like, but also demands I return the ones I do like. Remember where Dora's boyfriend works.

Edit: Would you believe they have the gall to charge me if I try to hang on to something I enjoy? Kiljoys, those librarians.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 00:35 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #107 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:33 »

I do believe she is quite mindfucked.  Somewhere in the back of her brain, a little voice is saying 'El número que ha marcado ha sido desconectado.'  Yes, it is in poorly-translated Spanish, and no one knows why

Nah, it's not poorly-translated. You wrote it correctly.  :-)

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #108 on: 28 Apr 2010, 00:38 »

I read somewhere last week that George Washington has racked up somewhere near $300k in library fines for two books he never returned...

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #109 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:41 »

Carpe Diem

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #110 on: 28 Apr 2010, 02:53 »

I'd prefer them to be Knight Sabres
Hmmm... I can see that... Secret headquarters under the CoD...

Dora = Sylia Stingray?
Faye = Priss Asagiri?
Hanners = Linna Yamazaki?
Marigold = Nene Romanova?

Marten = Nigel (with the whole triangle thing with Sylia and Priss)?

Is it just me, or does Momo riding in Marigold's hoodie like that remind you of Yoda on Luke?
Or Master on Blaster from "Beyond Thunderdome".

Hmmmmm  Dora and Faye as Sylia and Priss - Interesting possibilities.   :-D

Yes, but how would Marigold do in Thunderdome?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #111 on: 28 Apr 2010, 04:21 »

Before or after the dome was cleaned up?
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #112 on: 28 Apr 2010, 05:24 »

I'll just leave this here. 

img (clipped for your protection)/img

Looks more like "SUMO!" brand pockey... And why is dark chocolate for guys?  I thnk more women appreciate the dark stuff, but that's just in my experience...

Is this showing how Marigold doesn't know how to interact with people, or what? I don't understand why she's so....zombified over this. Mortified?

She's stunned - after all the crap with Angus, she's been bumped into by a stunningly good looking guy (who actually has a sheen, if I recall).  In her anime-fueled world, this will all end in tentacles tears! 

I'd be stunned, too. 
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 05:26 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #113 on: 28 Apr 2010, 05:50 »

Can you actually return books in the USA just because you don't like them, as opposed to returning them because they have pages missing or something? It would be awesome if we could do that, especially because books are so expensive in Australia.
I'm assuming it was a library book. I mean, Sven, even in his most morose state, wouldn't go to Borders or Barnes & Noble and actually BUY a book about the Crusades.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #114 on: 28 Apr 2010, 07:36 »

Why not? He can afford it.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #115 on: 28 Apr 2010, 10:22 »

Brains don't work right with low blood sugar. Marigirl is malnourished. That would screw her up even if she weren't already in curl-up-and-die mode.

She may also be alive enough to realize she blew it with a cute guy. She's felt bad enough about that in the past to tweet about it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #116 on: 28 Apr 2010, 12:19 »

Can you actually return books in the USA just because you don't like them, as opposed to returning them because they have pages missing or something?
Generally yes, as long as you have the receipt and it's within 30 days or so. Most chain bookstores will take a book back no questions asked as long as it's still in new condition.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #117 on: 28 Apr 2010, 14:48 »

Why not? He can afford it.
Because as a rule no one but whackos like me buy history books. Biographies, maybe, but not 'straight' history. If you look in the 'for sale, quick' bin at your local book store, histories usually predominate—except on or near college campuses, where the some of the teeming are forced to buy them.

Just do a quick count of people who've gotten rich writing fiction or biographies, or even describing current events, compared to all the wealthy historians out there, and the picture becomes clearer.
Brains don't work right with low blood sugar. Marigirl is malnourished. That would screw her up even if she weren't already in curl-up-and-die mode.
I'd forgotten about that. You're right—when my meter tells me my sugar is 'X'* or lower, I can't handle much of anything. If I'm moving around, I even shake like Marigold's doing in the first panel. And I make bad, bad decisions, like thinking I'm not hungry, why should I eat anything? Of course, I know (or at least assume) Marigold's not diabetic, but I also assume the principle is the same in extreme cases, like subsisting on candy covered sticks for two days before fasting outright.

*Having discussed this with others with my ailment, the actual number seems to vary from person to person.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 14:52 by raoullefere »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #118 on: 28 Apr 2010, 15:19 »

Can you actually return books in the USA just because you don't like them, as opposed to returning them because they have pages missing or something?
Generally yes, as long as you have the receipt and it's within 30 days or so. Most chain bookstores will take a book back no questions asked as long as it's still in new condition.

Sometimes, you just don't want them back.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #119 on: 28 Apr 2010, 15:59 »

I realized Momo was riding Marigold like a pony too

Not to get into creepy robosexual stalker territory here, but I think I've seen that used as a euphemism ONE TIME TOO MANY.  Now my brain hurts.  Thanks so much, Heliphyneau.

Scarily enough, I didn't even mean it as a euphemism.  Sorry 'bout that!  When I hurt people's brains, I prefer to intend it.   :wink:

Regarding the Men's Pocky, I'm with Carl-E -- dark chocolate seems more like something a woman would want.  Something I can attest to (heh) since I am one.  That sumo dude is hilariously awful though.  Maybe 'Men's Pocky' should be bacon-flavored.  I mean, if the product must adhere to a gender stereotype, why not go for it?

I . . . don't actually care where Sven got his book.  Though it would be too coincidental if he'd borrowed it from the Smif library where Marten works since Sven's not even a student anymore (I suppose it's possible that his intern took the book out for him to make him do something other than mope and play WoW, but . . . eh).  Whether it's through library records, a receipt stashed in the book, or simply Sven following her, Jeph will connect him with Marigold soon enough  Considering Marigold's grip-and-run technique, Sven's lucky to still have both arms.   :-D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #120 on: 28 Apr 2010, 16:28 »

Run awaaayyyy!
</King Arthur>

I'll just leave this here. 

<removed to prevent further brain damage>
I AM SCARRED FOR LIFE NOW. ><
Thank you. That is all.
Oh, now now. I know what'll make you feel better: Spock Pie.

mein gott. I couldn't stop scrolling though I could feel my brain turning to chunky soup.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #121 on: 28 Apr 2010, 17:27 »

Of course it came "out of the blue"; we're talking about the COMIC here, right ? And it was a comment about the content of the comic. I just dont buy it that theres a dude who just looks good and ignored ladies and still gets ladies attention. I never saw anything like this happen in reallife.

It happens.

We women are also human, we are drawn to pretty things. If we meet a handsome man, we stop and stare and he gets our attention same as men with a pretty girl. Now then, if we start  to talk to him and realize he's clingy/insecure/whiny/stupid/boring, we may well lose interest (not all of us though, and some will stay around just to fuck 'im if he's just stupid rather than clingy or whiny).

Not all women will throw themselves at someone who's ignoring them, but some might. Especially as if Sven is ignoring the girl, he's not being clingy or insecure or creepy, which are the three biggest turn-offs: he's being deep and mysterious and preoccupied with Lofty Personal Things.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 17:36 by JackFaerie »

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #122 on: 28 Apr 2010, 17:39 »

Julie Brown
I Like Them Big and Stupid

{Refrain}
I like 'em big and stupid
I like 'em big and real dumb
I like 'em big and stupid

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #123 on: 28 Apr 2010, 19:50 »

I bought 3 history books just the other day.

Okay, one's a biography and one's a whole bunch of little biographies.  But the third one is straight-up history!

(I'm trying to branch out from just reading fantasy/science fiction/mythology and history seemed like the logical place to go from there.)

ETA: ooh, a fourth one!  Herodotus, The Histories.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #124 on: 28 Apr 2010, 23:33 »

We women are also human, we are drawn to pretty things. If we meet a handsome man, we stop and stare and he gets our attention same as men with a pretty girl. Now then, if we start  to talk to him and realize he's clingy/insecure/whiny/stupid/boring, we may well lose interest (not all of us though, and some will stay around just to fuck 'im if he's just stupid rather than clingy or whiny).

[...]
LOL clingy is THAT bad ? LOL

I would have thought for women who look for a long time relationship clingy wouldnt be exactly a bad quality in a man.

But apparently even those types still want the kind of man who "just goes out to get cigarettes" and never come back without a second thought instead.
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #125 on: 28 Apr 2010, 23:39 »

Sometimes, you just don't want them back.
Anyone knows a strong amnesia drug so I can ged rid of the memory of this awful book title in the comic ?

Seriously.

The pain.

Cant stand it !
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #126 on: 28 Apr 2010, 23:44 »

Funnily enough, my local library not only lets me return books I don't like, but also demands I return the ones I do like. Remember where Dora's boyfriend works.

Edit: Would you believe they have the gall to charge me if I try to hang on to something I enjoy? Kiljoys, those librarians.
Err ... "Dora's boyfriend" ?

Please dont say you've forgotten the name of the main character of the comic ?

They should name the next superman books "The Luis Lane secret admirer" instead. lol.
Carpe Diem

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #127 on: 28 Apr 2010, 23:44 »

Red Green is proud of Dora.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #128 on: 28 Apr 2010, 23:59 »

It's true! You can fix anything with gaffer-tape!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Nightson

« Reply #129 on: 29 Apr 2010, 00:14 »

[...]
LOL clingy is THAT bad ? LOL

I would have thought for women who look for a long time relationship clingy wouldnt be exactly a bad quality in a man.

But apparently even those types still want the kind of man who "just goes out to get cigarettes" and never come back without a second thought instead.

Clingy generally equals insecure, jealous and controlling. 

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #130 on: 29 Apr 2010, 00:18 »

Dora is a Duck-Tape Ninja!!!

All fear the wrath of her mighty Tape-Jitsu!!!

I wonder what Faye's reaction will be when she finds out who Marigolds encounter turns out to be?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #131 on: 29 Apr 2010, 00:20 »

Duct Tape - the universal tool   :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #132 on: 29 Apr 2010, 00:29 »

Clingy means clingy.

If you mean insecure, jealous and/or controlling, then say so.

People can be nice, tolerant, supportive AND clingy.
Carpe Diem

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #133 on: 29 Apr 2010, 00:56 »

Fist off, no, you cannot be clingy and NOT be insecure. They are two sides of the same coin.

Second, in guys, clingy bleeds over VERY easily into creepy. If you've just met the guy and he's ALREADY following you around like a puppy and/or gushing praise and/or trying to make plans for the next two weeks, that just makes you want to scream "back off! and leave me alone! you don't even know me!" Remember that we girls have to deal with slightly different shit than you guys do. We're very sensitive to the whole clingy/creepy/jealous/stalker continuum, because the stakes are rather higher for us. If a guy trips our signals on that wavelength, we run.  But with clingy, usually best-case scenario is that the dude is insecure, and that's not attractive either.

Mind you, I can be clingy. And that's one of my worst qualities relationship-wise. And yes, my clingy comes from insecure. Think Dora. But I try to keep it in check.

Anyway, with my own damages, I wouldn't mind a guy to be codependent with--but this is only after we've actually gotten to know each other and established a deeper emotional connection. And I would like someone who'd be emotionally open and commit to me and all that--but the thing is, someone who clings to you right off the bat usually isn't even into YOU, but whatever idea of you he's constructed in his head, and that's all sorts of deeply uncomfortable.  Someone who seems aloof at first meeting gives off the signal of "I'm not gonna smother you or hold you up to some imaginary standard of perfection and then be disappointed that you aren't my imaginary version of you down the line," and so can actually be more appealing. Or at least more safe.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 01:00 by JackFaerie »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #134 on: 29 Apr 2010, 01:59 »

Err ... "Dora's boyfriend" ?
Please don't say you've forgotten the name of the main character of the comic ?
No, I was making a point—that Dora would think 'library book' because her boyfriend works at one. Marten's name was rather inconsequential to the Dora-centric assertion I was building, and so he got the boot. It's called rhetter riteror fancy talk. Oh, and the 'main character' status is a little debatable. Faye headlines about as much (she passed Marten at one point), with Hanners breathing down their necks.

Duct Tape - the universal tool   :-D
As Mojo reminds us, Red Green is the universal tool. The man's a tool in any situation, as it were.

And I hope Dora splurges for the genuine stuff. The Fred's knock-off, for example, will neither hold as strongly nor be as painful coming off*. I like Faye well enough, but she needs to learn when to zip it. Nothing like ducking the mouth to make that point.

*Naturally, I'm assuming that last point.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 02:02 by raoullefere »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #135 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:00 »

...nor be as painful coming off*.

*Naturally, I'm assuming that last point.

You mean you're still wearing it? 

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #136 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:35 »

Oh! Ha ha! Dora is rather drastic, ain't she? That's friggin' hilarous, and completely called for.
I love Dora's look in panel 3: she seems to have already taken her decision at that moment.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #137 on: 29 Apr 2010, 03:48 »

"Wacky romantic comedy scenarios". Jeph sure loves going meta, doesn't he?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #138 on: 29 Apr 2010, 04:00 »

dark chocolate is for women
Funny, in my family it's the other way round. Dad and I prefer dark chocolate, mom likes milk chocolate and my sister prefers white chocolate.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #139 on: 29 Apr 2010, 04:18 »

Duct Tape -- 1000 and 1 uses.

Dliessmqq: I thought you were a gyno-American.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 04:20 by Mad Cat »
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #140 on: 29 Apr 2010, 04:25 »

Now she just needs to tape her to a wall, and she'll have yet another completely new installation art piece.  Although it probably wouldn't work out in the long run, seeing as Faye's glare alone would evolve the ability to immolate customers...

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #141 on: 29 Apr 2010, 05:13 »

Duct Tape -- 1000 and 1 uses.

Dliessmqq: I thought you were a gyno-American.
Neither the one nor the other nor favoring Qs over Gs.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

quats

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #142 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:05 »

Oh, and the 'main character' status is a little debatable. Faye headlines about as much (she passed Marten at one point), with Hanners breathing down their necks.
Geez I've been developing a dirtier mind lately.

..... On today's comic: what's REALLY funny is that Dora would be HELPING Faye if she only knew who the Mysterious Book-Reading Stranger was.

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #143 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:17 »

No.

Last panel made me lol, it was about time someone did that
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #144 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:27 »

Clingy means clingy.

If you mean insecure, jealous and/or controlling, then say so.

And duct tape can fix clingy, too.

And as for the poll:

So... Sven/Marigold will:

...end up married Happily Ever After    - 8 (9.2%)
...end with Sven killed by Dora for hurting Marigold    - 0 (0%)
...end with Sven killed by Hannelore for hurting Marigold    - 5 (5.7%)
...end with Faye killing both of them    - 5 (5.7%)
...NOT end well.    - 8 (9.2%)
...not come to fruition.    - 20 (23%)
...feature lots of misunderstandings and comic hijinks    - 41 (47.1%)

"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #145 on: 29 Apr 2010, 06:44 »

Duct Tape - the universal tool   :-D

You need it's counterpart for the complete Red Green Tool Kit (patent pending) - WD-40. 

If it moves, and it shouldn't - Duct Tape
If it doesn't and it should - WD-40
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

J

• Scrabble hacker
  • Godkiller
    • My GlobalComicJam profile
« Reply #146 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:08 »

indeed.

And duct tape can fix clingy, too.

duct tape enhances clingy. wd-40 is what fixes clingy.

westrim

« Reply #147 on: 29 Apr 2010, 07:20 »

Whoa Dora, duct tape? That's not cool. I mean, masking tape or packaging tape maybe, but duct tape really, really hurts. Really. :-( Especially since she was pulling Marigold out of her funk, even if it was in her own way.

dark chocolate is for women
Funny, in my family it's the other way round. Dad and I prefer dark chocolate, mom likes milk chocolate and my sister prefers white chocolate.
I'm pretty sure I'm not reading that the way you meant it. Though as far as I know there isn't much dark or milk chocolate in Switzerland, except maybe in diplomatic circles.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2010, 07:28 by westrim »

APolaris

• Plantmonster
« Reply #148 on: 29 Apr 2010, 09:06 »

usually best-case scenario is that the dude is insecure, and that's not attractive either.

I can certainly understand the part about people who move too fast, but for the rest of your point, in short:

Guy who's insecure because he hates the idea of being arrogant about himself and considers humility a good trait, therefore is willing to admit when he's wrong and unlikely to ever stray = red flag.
Guy who's "clingy" after knowing the person, but really that word's sole function is to demonize those who appreciate what they have and are always there for the person instead of fitting the "social norm" of cheating, betraying and lying = red flag.

Guy who's overly confident (which we all know is really just another word used to describe the same trait as arrogance when one wants to make it seem justifiable because the person is physically attractive) and therefore much more likely to cheat, is loud, brash, annoying, and less likely to be sensitive towards the partner's feelings or care about being there for them because he's too busy fitting the male stereotype = not a red flag.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #149 on: 29 Apr 2010, 09:21 »

I don't know why, but the last choices on the new poll reminds me of one of my grandfather's favorite jokes.  I'd post a link if I could fnd it somewhere, but...

An old deli owner was wiping out the return bottles (did I mention this was an old joke?).  Suddenly, a genie pops out of one of them, and tells the old man that he can have anything he wants.  The old man says, "You know, I haven't had a vacation in the 20 years since I opened the deli.  I think I'd like a vacation!" 

The genie says, "Consider it done.  Everything you need is already taken care of.  Your bags are packed, and a car's waiting to take you to the airport, and you can fly wherever you please, stay in the fnest hotels, and enjoy the finest cuisine." 

The old man says, "That's great, but who's going to run the deli while I'm gone?" 

The genie says, "I will". 

The old man looks at him, and says "You?  What do you know abut running a deli?  How do I know you can do it?" 

"Try me!" 

"OK, make me a malted". 

"POOF!  You're a malted." 

:laugh:

I still do this one with my wife, whenever she asks me to make her something to eat...   she never laughs. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up