THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 16:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are the girls screaming and pointing at?

Sven! (They haven't seen him in years!)
- 11 (25.6%)
The huge zit on Sven's nose!
- 0 (0%)
The Art Gallery couple who now hold a burning Espressosaurus!
- 2 (4.7%)
The realization that Sven's reading about the CRUSADES!
- 10 (23.3%)
The horde of women lined up behind Sven!
- 3 (7%)
The Starbucks that just opened across the street!
- 17 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT April 26-30, 2010 (1651-1655)  (Read 80800 times)

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
Re: WCT April 26-30, 2010
« Reply #200 on: 30 Apr 2010, 13:44 »

Half-siblings? I was pretty sure that both the Bianchis are the children of the Bianchis we met when Marty met the 'rents...
Half-siblings. Check out the last panel.
Not conclusive of course, but given the elder Bianchi's lifestyle and the decade in which they were living it, not exactly impossible either.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #201 on: 30 Apr 2010, 14:39 »

Forgot about that.

The implication being that, at some stage, Dora's mom banged her husbands brother.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

westrim

« Reply #202 on: 30 Apr 2010, 14:47 »

Half-siblings? I was pretty sure that both the Bianchis are the children of the Bianchis we met when Marty met the 'rents...
Not conclusive of course, but given the elder Bianchi's lifestyle and the decade in which they were living it, not exactly impossible either.

You mean the 80's? But I don't think so, simply because there's no reference to the irony of both sides missing the others implication. And I've often been compared to one of my uncles rather than my dad.

Oh, but this might help with the clingy/confident debate: comic 1041.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2010, 14:49 by westrim »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #203 on: 30 Apr 2010, 15:42 »

In 328, Sven and Dora seemed to be talking about their parents as being the same people, though not conclusive.

Anyone else wonder whether that comic is the real reason Raven wanted to become a physicist?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #204 on: 30 Apr 2010, 16:07 »

And . . . anyone else want to see a Panel 5 with all of them Dragonball Z'ed out?  All of them going "AAAAAAAAH!!" at once?  'Cause I totally do.  ^_^
THat's so, so, so… My god, I'd love to see that! Not only because it'd be awesome, but if Dora transformed into a super Saiyan, wouldn't her hair have to be blonde again?

I really liked Dora as a blonde, even if she did start to exhibit Doc Samson-like tendencies as her hair grew longer (towards Cosette, anyway). http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1323
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #205 on: 30 Apr 2010, 16:20 »

So, now the only question that remains is: What is Sven doing at the coffee shop?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #206 on: 30 Apr 2010, 16:24 »

So, now the only question that remains is: What is Sven doing at the coffee shop?
You get robbed by some random girl in the street with a little robot on your back, and it's entirely too early to start drinking.
What do you do?

Anyway, I know Sven is an ex-whore, but I can't help but like him a little, during this arc.
I feel dirty.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #207 on: 30 Apr 2010, 16:57 »

I can't decide - is Sven going "oh, fml" or "oh, wtf?"

The correct answer, of course, is c.) Both.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

renrutal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #208 on: 30 Apr 2010, 17:19 »

Honestly, I don't think they're going AHHHHHH! for Sven.

Which brings us to the question: Who/What do you think is behind Sven?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #209 on: 30 Apr 2010, 17:20 »

He no longer hates coffee like he did in 328. Maybe he's bought more drapes (794).
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #210 on: 30 Apr 2010, 19:13 »

Which brings us to the question: Who/What do you think is behind Sven?

A Spy, ready to stab Sven and sap the dinosaur espresso maker.

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #211 on: 30 Apr 2010, 23:06 »

My favourite part is how Faye and Dora are pointing and screaming at (whatever's behind) Sven, and Momo's just staring at their fingers like a dog.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #212 on: 30 Apr 2010, 23:20 »

At this point, she's probably just hoping not to get poked in the eye!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #213 on: 01 May 2010, 00:01 »

Actually, I'm a bit worried about Momo. She hasn't said a word since she got that nasty whack on the head, not even when Marigold announced she was going to a restaurant.

Yes, yes, screw the human, concern for the robot. Sometimes I think Jeph is really trying to get us ready to welcome our new, silicon-brained overlords.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #214 on: 01 May 2010, 00:25 »

Momo's crashed.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #215 on: 01 May 2010, 01:06 »

Actually, I'm a bit worried about Momo. She hasn't said a word since she got that nasty whack on the head, not even when Marigold announced she was going to a restaurant.

You're right, perhaps hdd crash, but... Maybe just in a standby mode, like CD players have software to prevent skips while jogging, etc..?  She might go into some safety mode automatically during and after bumps, when she* seems semi-conscious.  
Or, you could be picking up on a plot point...  
(hey, what was that great idea you had? I won't tell anyone!)  :-)

*She's not really female, so what pronoun(s) to use? We'll have to address this sometime, as androids take over become more common. But calling Momo "it" just seems rude, she looks, acts and speaks like a kawaii female.

Yes, yes, screw the human, concern for the robot.

:-D Like in the movie Independence Day, when the dog leaps to safety just in time, the audience cheers, despite scores of humans biting the big one...
« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 17:23 by tomart »
Irresponsible Adult GOM

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #216 on: 01 May 2010, 05:27 »

Duct Tape can fix...

...EVERYTHING!    - 18 (25.4%)
...ANYTHING!    - 4 (5.6%)
...ALL THINGS!    - 3 (4.2%)
...the UNIVERSE!    - 9 (12.7%)
...everything except a decent latte.    - 19 (26.8%)
...anything but pancakes.    - 18 (25.4%)

Total Voters: 71
Just another Joe like 46

michi-love

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #217 on: 01 May 2010, 05:38 »

I always thought that that line was just a sort of family joke? To be honest, I get compared to people in my family all the time... everyone except the people who conceived me! But, even if they say he looks like Uncle, they think, that could mean that they just have the family resemblance there. Siblings have the same genes, still, even if it's recessive. So even if your father is short and pudgy and dark-haired, if your grandfather was tall and auburn-haired, you could look more like your grandfather... and if Uncle looked like Gramps and Dad looked like Grams, you would look like Uncle. WOO.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #218 on: 01 May 2010, 06:42 »

If Momo's anything like my old Dell laptop, then all you need to do is poke her with a toothpick a few times to magically reconnect the speakers. 

Thorbard

« Reply #219 on: 01 May 2010, 12:06 »

Momo's crashed.

She's waving in panel one.

michi-love

« Reply #220 on: 01 May 2010, 14:35 »

I don't think Momo's really hurt, or anything - I think she's just in a bit of a shock? We don't know exactly how the innards of the AnthroPCs work... do they go into shock like humans, or do they experiences crashes, like computers? Maybe both?

The thing is, she doesn't appear to be injured; Marigold would be all over it if Momo was hurt, even in her own freaked-out state. And certainly Momo would be in some sort of "frozen" state, much like Winslow when he was too cold.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #221 on: 01 May 2010, 15:15 »

Momo-tan is quieter soto than she is uchi. She may simply be computing that she's not being spoken to and that it's not an inside-the-family situation.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #222 on: 01 May 2010, 20:27 »

Or her 'brains' may be scrambled (remember the stars and what-not hovering above her noggin? We've learned Jeph does not use such casually) and 'automatic' subroutines are kicking in right now.

And a murrain on you, Cold, for making my primitive brain have to look up uchi-soto. Especially since said brain tried immediately to merge that with "Inside, Outside, Upside Down," and is now wondering if Josie and the Pussycats (the cartoon, not the trainwreck movie) were ever Big in Japan.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #223 on: 01 May 2010, 20:34 »

I always thought that that line was just a sort of family joke? To be honest, I get compared to people in my family all the time... everyone except the people who conceived me! But, even if they say he looks like Uncle, they think, that could mean that they just have the family resemblance there. Siblings have the same genes, still, even if it's recessive. So even if your father is short and pudgy and dark-haired, if your grandfather was tall and auburn-haired, you could look more like your grandfather... and if Uncle looked like Gramps and Dad looked like Grams, you would look like Uncle. WOO.

Exactly.  My younger daughter is the spitting image of my baby brother - they both have my mother's strong jaw, dark hair and olive skin.  I look like my dad, freckled and a little on the ginger side, and my wife's as aryan as they get.  So the poor girl looks very little like either of her parents... and no, my brother wasn't even in the same state that year, thank you for that image.  

So yeah, Sven and Dora, brother and sister, and no one has ever said anything otherwise.  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #224 on: 01 May 2010, 20:58 »

And . . . anyone else want to see a Panel 5 with all of them Dragonball Z'ed out?  All of them going "AAAAAAAAH!!" at once?  'Cause I totally do.  ^_^
I didn't, but now I do.

Glad to be of service! 

Lining up the background was a pain. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #225 on: 01 May 2010, 21:16 »

The question is which of them is likely to go Super Saiyan first.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 23:00 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #226 on: 01 May 2010, 23:50 »

Even if that were meant as you read it (rather than simply meaning some recessive gene thing), that'd make them three-quarter-siblings - half-siblings are when the parents not in common between the two are unrelated.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #227 on: 02 May 2010, 05:48 »

Hmmm - the thought of 3/4 siblings is uncomfortable.  

I think that the proposed situation would make them half-siblings, and the other half would be cousins!  

And now, "I'm my own grampa" is running through my head...
« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 11:38 by Carl-E »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #228 on: 02 May 2010, 07:39 »

My first guess was that three-quarters siblings would be the product of either a single male inseminating sisters, or brothers inseminating one woman (I shall these inseminating siblings SPs, 'sibling-parents' for convenience's sake). But then it occurred to me that, assuming the SPs are full siblings, the mix of their parents' genes in each SB is not likely to be such that any offspring is going to be absolutely one quarter related, one not, if you follow me (right now, we're forgetting about the common parent's contribution). Either you've got to be so general that you might as well call them full siblings, or so specific they must be termed half. Anything else is at best speculative unless you actually analyze their genes.

Suddenly I feel like I'm in Heinlein's "The Tale of the Twins Who Weren't." (Clips subsequent rant, gives highlights: speculating half-siblings nosy)

As for who's going to super Saiyan first, didn't the grouchy one, Vegeta (I know I'm misspelling that), first manage it? If so, my money's on Faye. Although I'd pick Dora if her hair were longer.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #229 on: 02 May 2010, 07:44 »

As for who's going to super Saiyan first, didn't the grouchy one, Vegeta (I know I'm misspelling that), first manage it? If so, my money's on Faye. Although I'd pick Dora if her hair were longer.
No that was the free-spirited one (Goku?); which is why Vegeta was so grouchy. Something to do with being a lost prince or something.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

michi-love

« Reply #230 on: 02 May 2010, 12:01 »

While in the series, the first to go Super Saiyan was Goku, Goku's sons accomplished the feat at a far earlier age than either Vegeta or Goku: Gohan did it around the age of twelve (Hyperbolic Time Chamber ftw!) - during the Cell Saga. Goten did it even younger, while sparring with Chi Chi. Gohan didn't even know about it until a while afterwards, and I believe he would have been around the age of seven? But yeah, Goku was the first of the group to reach that plateau, and the first to reach each level afterwards.

Vegeta was Prince of All Saiyans, even though the home planet was destroyed by Frieza when both Goku and Vegeta were very young.

I think Sven would go first, 'cause he never tries, and he gets what he wants, just like Goku. Then Faye, from sheer jealousy and the fact that she has all that intensity. Then Dora, and then Mar would hop in, because HEY, her life is now an anime, ftw!!

But Faye would be the first to go to Super Saiyan x 2 because she is too intense NOT to!

Uhm, yes. xD I have been a bit of a DB/DBZ/DBGT nerd. ... *whistles*

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #231 on: 02 May 2010, 17:38 »

Then Dora, and then Mar would hop in,

I thought you meant Marten would hop in, ... but poor Marten gets ignored, too wimpy & mild?
(I don't have a clue what "Super Saiyan" is.)

Irresponsible Adult GOM

michi-love

« Reply #232 on: 02 May 2010, 18:06 »

Well Marten is not AAAAAHHHHH'ing.

Also, Super Saiyan = this.

(I adore Pan.)

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #233 on: 02 May 2010, 19:59 »

Pfft.  Pan never went super saiyan.  No girls allowed, you know.   :roll:
« Last Edit: 02 May 2010, 20:04 by Tuitsuro »

michi-love

« Reply #234 on: 02 May 2010, 21:35 »

And I hate that!

Being a girl, Pan, Videl... even sometimes Chi Chi and Bulma, were my favorite characters (less so on Chi Chi and Bulma due to their incessant whining and crying) and therefore I believe Pan SHOULD have gone SS. Plus, that .gif was the best one I found, even if it's a fake. xD The .gifs I saw of Goku made my eyes bleed due to the rapid shift of motion.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #235 on: 02 May 2010, 22:22 »

No that was the free-spirited one (Goku?); which is why Vegeta was so grouchy. Something to do with being a lost prince or something.
You're right—I remember that now. It's been years since I watched DBZ, and the last show I saw, the pink wierdo Bu had turned evil and was taking over the world; after that some schedule conflict came up and I stopped watching. The next time I saw an installment, Goku was a child again, I think. Made my head hurt, anyway. I also remember why Vegeta was grouchy now; he was an assrod.

michi-love

« Reply #236 on: 03 May 2010, 00:25 »

Buu was defeated but Good!Buu lived, and Evil!Buu was eventually reincarnated into a hilarious kid who was a natural-born fighter... etcetc.

Then in DBGT (Dragon Ball Grand Tour) Gohan has his own kid - Pan - and Garlic Jr. (from the first series, the original Dragon Ball) has collected the universal Dragon Balls, uses them to make a wish, Goku's in his little-kid size, and Goku, Pan, and Trunks are scouring the universe to regather the Balls to reverse the wish and there was an evil robotic dude who took over Vegeta named Baby - oh, and Vegeta has another kid, too, who resembles her mother a lot more than Trunks. I think her name is Bra. lol.

Anyhoo, Dragon Ball is the series with some epic story lines that are almost too wacky to believe. Which is why it always appealed to me! :D

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #237 on: 03 May 2010, 10:30 »

I didn't, but now I do.

Glad to be of service! 

Lining up the background was a pain. 

Yay!  Awesome!  Thanks for that, Carl-E.  ^_^

And if I had my druthers, I'd want ALL of them to go super-Saiyan simultaneously (say THAT ten times fast).  I am finding it hilarious that it now looks like Dora is aggressively cleaning out Momo's ear.  Bonus!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #238 on: 03 May 2010, 16:16 »

Oh, god I didn't even SEE that!  Momo's expression really completes that thought!

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #239 on: 03 May 2010, 21:12 »

Momo's expression really completes that thought!

EXACTLY.  Intentional or not, that's what makes it epic and awesome.  I applaud ye, sir.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #240 on: 05 May 2010, 13:08 »

Buu was defeated but Good!Buu lived, and Evil!Buu was eventually reincarnated into a hilarious kid who was a natural-born fighter... etcetc.

Then in DBGT (Dragon Ball Grand Tour) Gohan has his own kid - Pan - and Garlic Jr. (from the first series, the original Dragon Ball) has collected the universal Dragon Balls, uses them to make a wish, Goku's in his little-kid size, and Goku, Pan, and Trunks are scouring the universe to regather the Balls to reverse the wish and there was an evil robotic dude who took over Vegeta named Baby - oh, and Vegeta has another kid, too, who resembles her mother a lot more than Trunks. I think her name is Bra. lol.

Anyhoo, Dragon Ball is the series with some epic story lines that are almost too wacky to believe. Which is why it always appealed to me! :D
Actually, the wish guy is Pilaf, i think. Garlic Jr. was some filler crap they used at some point in Z so they wouldn't leave the comics behind or something like that.
P.S: vegeta's daughter looks like a sluttier bulma.

P.P.S: Carl-E wins an internet
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #241 on: 05 May 2010, 15:35 »

Why, thank you!  I'll put it with the others...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #242 on: 11 May 2010, 00:25 »

Apropos of nothing, and just a Wild-Ass Guess (WAG) on my part...

I think I know where the supposed "location" of Coffee of Doom is in NoHo.

The irony is, it's location is currently a movie theater next door to a pastry shop - on Pleasant Street.
Just another Joe like 46
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up