THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN QC BIOMEDICAL PROFESSIONALS  (Read 2150 times)

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
ATTN QC BIOMEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
« on: 04 May 2010, 15:44 »

Hi there,

For my uni course I have to interview a biomedical professional (20% credit) and like many first year uni students I've left this to the 2nd last day. This is where you guys (hopefully) come in. All I need is 30minute of your time to answer some questions regarding: who you are, why you chose a career in biomedical science, what a typical day of work is like for you and why do you do that, what your job means to you, what studying to become a professional was like and general advice for those interested to do the same.

I need to get this done by Thursday the 6th at noon AEST. Send me a PM if you're interested.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
Re: ATTN QC BIOMEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2010, 19:00 »

Didn't think we had any specific biomed types on here?  I used to work on mobile genetic elements and epidemiology in multi-drug resistant bacteria, but I dunno if it counts as biomed, and I'm no longer in that field anyway.

Off the top of my head Jaime Tricchas (tuberculosis researcher) http://www.usyd.edu.au/research/opportunities/supervisors/828 is a good dude who is usually happy to talk, or basically anyone at the Centenary Institute, or Westmead's research division (usually pretty busy).

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2010, 21:03 »

Thanks, I'll try to get on to him. Does he have an email address I could contact him through?

Also, your previous occupation totally meets the criteria (which is super vague anyway).

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2010, 21:17 »

You're better off ringing him, at least initially, same goes for any academic. Send them an email and you might not get a reply until next week. If you get stuck I guess I could maybe pass on details of a couple of PhD's or Post-docs from my old work?
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2010, 22:03 »

So, I take it I'll have to call USYD's public number and try and get a connection from there.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2010, 10:02 »

There might be a 'find staff' thing on their website where you can get contact details from. Else calling the uni and getting put through to the department and then getting redirected to the research group and then getting redirected to the person works. Not hard, it just takes actually doing it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up