- 18 (20.9%)
Going to make Sven jealous
- 16 (18.6%)
- 7 (8.1%)
Lethargic lithium lion
- 5 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekly comic thread, 5/10 - 5/14  (Read 71540 times)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: Weekly comic thread, 5/10 - 5/14
« Reply #150 on: 13 May 2010, 11:36 »

First of all, JackFaerie, mea culpa.  I think I knew you were female, but can I blame it on a long discussion about gender identity we had?  The truth is probably just old age...

Here's my take on all this...

I think I like where it's heading.  I agree with Raoullefere, I'm not fond of the bar exam analogy, but Faye and Angus need to get to know each other a lot better than they do now.  Most of what they've got to go on at the moment is coffeehouse sass-sparring.  Angus was warned by Marten about her emotional issues, but not with any specificity.  He's also found out about her father's suicide, but not with the whole emotional gestalt Marten 9and we) received in "The Talk". 

Faye knows of the Marigold incident, and saw him right after Marigold's "attack" (come on, that's what it would be called if a guy did it to a girl...).  I think she's willing to give him more of a chance, based on that and his current honesty. 

But in the last panels, he's done his usual lightswitch from totally serious honesty to glib flippancy.  I think this is what a lot of people don't like about him, but it's his reflexive social interaction mode.  I'm sure it helps in his job as a strawman, and it probably got him by at the expensive prep school.  I've used it sparingly myself to great effect, but it can be off-putting to some people. 

I am a little worried that he considers Faye a "challenge".  He's been rebuffed so many times (aw man, I got buffed again?), that he seems to have no "off" switch, no point where a normal person would say to themselves, "fuck it, it's not worth this".  Not like Sven, who gets everything he wants, so that when he doesn't it's a challenge.  I think some people in here feel he's trying to climb Mt. Faye "because she's there", but I like to think it's because there's something he sees in her that makes him feel she's worth the effort. 

Really, we don't know him emotionally as well as we know Faye or several of the others.  I think he could be good for her, I just don't know how good she'd be for/with/to him.  She really does have hella issues, and even if he becomes just one of the people she works those issues out with, it'll be a good thing.  I think it could work. 

Or it will all end in tears. 

Or in flames. 

We'll see! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #151 on: 13 May 2010, 12:09 »

Wooing Faye is like Thunderdome?  So... two men enter?

And one woman leaves - Broadsword in hand.     :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #152 on: 13 May 2010, 12:22 »

We've seen this before. Faye lets her impossibly high standards get in the way of a potentially good match (Marten) and she eventually ends up with a partner that ends up hurting her (Sven). I'm just having trouble figuring out who gets the Sven role this time around... since she won't go back to Sven again, and the only remaining male character that's actually around semi-regularly is Pintsize.
Clearly, she fucks Marigold Hanners, Steve... Ah, hell if I know.
Jimbo. Or Dale.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #153 on: 13 May 2010, 12:31 »

Actually, Faye having a drunken night with Tai might not be such a bad thing.
James The Kugai 

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #154 on: 13 May 2010, 12:38 »

repeatedly saying she wants to 'test' him the way she does seems rather arrogant. My older and (possibly) wiser response is "Fuck your damn test. We—not just me—either try this or not. I want to be your boyfriend, not your student."
That is an excellent response. I do not read Faye as bitchy or nasty as a rule the way some people on here do, but I certainly have a problem with her attitude about relationships and sex. Ie: men earn them from women. A remarkable amount of people buy into that dynamic from both ends, and boy does it rub me up the wrong way.  :x

sudamerican

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #155 on: 13 May 2010, 12:50 »

repeatedly saying she wants to 'test' him the way she does seems rather arrogant. My older and (possibly) wiser response is "Fuck your damn test. We—not just me—either try this or not. I want to be your boyfriend, not your student."
That is an excellent response. I do not read Faye as bitchy or nasty as a rule the way some people on here do, but I certainly have a problem with her attitude about relationships and sex. Ie: men earn them from women. A remarkable amount of people buy into that dynamic from both ends, and boy does it rub me up the wrong way.  :x
Agreed.
After reading raoullefere's post it just hit me that i should have said just THAT to a certain someone a couple years back. Might have been better than just telling her to fuck off...
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

vonschiller

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #156 on: 13 May 2010, 13:08 »

I'm beginning to think Angus' one hope here is that somehow Marigold goes through the equivalent of an '80's style montage and comes out the other end with some social skills and confidence. And that hope may very well be that Angus winds up with Marigold.

I would prefer that to Fangus. Angus doesn't so much need this purity test Faye is running through.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #157 on: 13 May 2010, 14:11 »

Marten was too soft, Sven was too hard, maybe Angus will be just right!

heh heh heh

"Angus. It's what's for dinner"

heh heh heh heh

Wooing Faye is like Thunderdome?  So... two men enter?

heh heh heh heh heh
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Watched Pot

« Reply #158 on: 13 May 2010, 14:13 »

All I can say is awesome.  Sven and Faye compliment each other so much.  She is exactly who he needs (keeps him in check).  The fact that he has changed this much already proves that.  And he is exactly what she needs.  Angus is too unconfident, too much of a dormat, somewhat like how Marten was.  Sven is confident, decisive, adventurous.  Assuming hes toned it down a bit, and stays faithful, he is exactly what Faye needs in her life.  A guy who will cut through the crap and help her become stronger in the process.  The amount she changed in the time she had that fling with him is proof of that.

Angus definitely needs someone with less emotional/memtal issues.  He doesn't have the personality to handle something like that, and it will destroy him in the long run.  He wouldn't be able to help her and be the man she needs,  and it would drag him down.  I can definitely say that from experience.

I am confused... what do you think just happened here?
Angus is the one cutting through the crap. That is Angus.
I am also confused, tink. I'm not trying to be mean but erikotaku's Angus analysis seems to be almost the exact opposite of how I see the situation.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #159 on: 13 May 2010, 15:01 »

I have trouble imagining Angus swatting Faye with a rolled-up magazine when she needs it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #160 on: 13 May 2010, 16:15 »

I have trouble imagining Angus swatting Faye with a rolled-up magazine when she needs it.
I think Angus would go with a blunt piece of sass. Which may be even more efficient.
Sven, after all, is not a very good example when it comes to handling other people's issue, is he? If so, I didn't get the memo.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #161 on: 13 May 2010, 18:20 »

Even though I've lived in the God-forsaken North for nearly twenty years now, (my God, has it been that long?!) Whenever I'm around Southern folks I slip into that accent like I'd never left.
Meaning the American South is God-attended? I wonder (despite the smug claims of millions of asshats here).
<snip>

Obviously, you haven't seen downtown Nashville lately.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #162 on: 13 May 2010, 20:28 »

there's a mediocre, overpriced restaurant named Black Angus. "Angus. It's what's for dinner," is its tagline.)
And we're not talking about a Scotsman of Afro-Caribbean ancestry here, but one of these:

Isn't he cute? How could you eat him?  :angel:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

westrim

« Reply #163 on: 13 May 2010, 20:56 »

Isn't he cute? How could you eat him?  :angel:
With mustard, steak sauce, and some house seasoning.  :-D

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #164 on: 13 May 2010, 21:03 »

Or Barbecued
James The Kugai 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #165 on: 13 May 2010, 21:48 »

Meaning the American South is God-attended? I wonder (despite the smug claims of millions of asshats here).
<snip>

Obviously, you haven't seen downtown Nashville lately.
Not sure which side you're arguing for there. I've heard "Lord have mercy on those poor folks" down here, but I've also heard  "That's God's judgment." Although I will admit there's been less of the latter than there was after Katrina—the tornadoes that ripped through 'Down Home' the week before the Nashville thing made it pretty clear no favorites are being played.

…it just hit me that i should have said just THAT to a certain someone a couple years back. Might have been better than just telling her to fuck off...
Funny, it occurs to me that your tactic might have worked better for me. :-)
By the way, your avatar dances perfectly to Bad Company's "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" and not to other tunes. Don't know what that means, but it's interesting.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Heliphyneau

• Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #166 on: 13 May 2010, 22:18 »

Ah, hell if I know.

You rang?   :wink:

About comeek 1664, despite the inherent arrogance of Faye's metaphor, I think Faye may be trying to protect Angus.  She's warning him that he's in for a bumpy ride (heh) and that there's no guarantee that he'll get what he wants out of this.  Also, to keep to the educational imagery, it's like when some professors at the start of the first class try to scare students into dropping the class so that only those students who really want to work will remain.  Faye may not be saying that she needs to work to earn the relationship -- she may not even know it -- but she's going to have to make an effort to meet Angus halfway.  The fact that they're even able to talk frankly about starting a relationship is pretty huge, though, so whether things go well or go down in flames, as least they started off as solidly as they could.

It's too soon for a week-ending kiss between them, I think.  Of course, now that I've said that, cut to them having a three-way with the make-out hobo in comeek 1665 . . .

:-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #167 on: 13 May 2010, 22:36 »

Angus said:

"Maybe we can establish some middle ground where you don't care about me too much but we still get to make out"

Doesn't that describe Faye's arrangement with Sven to a tee?

And Faye does seem to be taking a Goldilocks approach to relationships...

Called it.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #168 on: 13 May 2010, 22:41 »

Today's comic brought to you by the good people at Quaker Oats; bringing sexual innuendo to the breakfast table since 1901.  

Heliphyneau

« Reply #169 on: 13 May 2010, 22:44 »

Angus said:

"Maybe we can establish some middle ground where you don't care about me too much but we still get to make out"

Called it.

Totally!  Kudos to you.   8-)

If any o' them boys is producing non-metaphorical "porridge" though, it's time to see a doctor.  Zoinks.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #170 on: 13 May 2010, 22:45 »

Angus said:

Called it.

Ya think maybe Jeph's cherry picking ideas from the forum?

Naaaah... that'd be too close to fanservice!

I wish there were some way to test it, though.

Quick, we need some really good plot ideas for Monday...

ross_teneyck

• Not quite a lurker
  • This sentence is self-referential.
    • http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck
« Reply #171 on: 13 May 2010, 22:53 »

Marty's metaphorical porridge was too cold, and Sven's was too hot.

Interesting... up until now, Faye's comments about whatever relationship might have happened with Marty have been along the lines of, "Coulda-woulda, maybe, but the timing was never right."  This is the first time she's suggested that she actually sees something wrong with Marten as a romantic partner.
Are wa yume? Soretomo maboroshi?

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #172 on: 13 May 2010, 23:08 »

To me, Faye dating Marten now is slightly less squick-worthy than Dora dating Sven.  And not by much, either.  Though, I suppose Marigold and Angus would have made me feel the same; something about turning a faux-familial relationship into a romantic one just doesn't sit well, I suppose.  

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #173 on: 13 May 2010, 23:13 »

Marty's metaphorical porridge was too cold, and Sven's was too hot.

Interesting... up until now, Faye's comments about whatever relationship might have happened with Marty have been along the lines of, "Coulda-woulda, maybe, but the timing was never right."  This is the first time she's suggested that she actually sees something wrong with Marten as a romantic partner.

Timing is exactly what makes porridge too cold! 

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #174 on: 13 May 2010, 23:36 »

Grmpf.

Faye dizzing Marten now ?

And I already thought I was grumpy before ...
Carpe Diem

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #175 on: 13 May 2010, 23:52 »

Or is Faye just doing some sour-graping? She sure seemed interested in 480 and didn't deny Dora's accusation in 140. On the other hand, 501 would have been the perfect time for her to say she had feelings but couldn't follow through on them, and she notably didn't.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #176 on: 14 May 2010, 00:14 »

1. For comic #1665, panels 1-2, Dora's weakness for adorability is adorable in of itself.

2. Faye's metaphorical hot porridge with Sven is pretty much that: all heat, much burn (and not just to the tongue & mouth...).

3. Faye's metaphorical cold porridge with Marten is that despite mutual attraction for 500-some strips, timing and feelings went on too long and thus went "cold."  (Which makes me a little sad, for I am still a Marten+Faye idealist & hold-out even after 1600+ strips.)

4. As for what kind of porridge with Angus, we will see if it is "just right."  Or perhaps Three (metaphorical) Bears will come along and cause much mauling.

5. For comic #1665, panels 3-4, I like it when Dora gets touchy/grabby with Faye :evil: .
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 00:32 by pendrake »

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #177 on: 14 May 2010, 00:19 »

So, is Dora Momma Bear - or is that Marigold?   :-D

I still think that Dora has the hots for Faye - Though I doubt that she would do anything about it.  She may be Bi, but I think she tends to be a 'One person at a time' person, especially if she's in a committed relationship like she is with Marten.

And we know she wouldn't say anything to Marten or Faye

• Marten because it would start him off drooling and fantasising
  • Faye because she'd beat the crap outta Marten when he finally let slip he'd not mind a three way
James The Kugai 

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #178 on: 14 May 2010, 00:28 »

I'll admit, I was surprised at Dora's reaction in the last panel...and I'm just gonna leave it at that because the Internet has corrupted my mind beyond salvation.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #179 on: 14 May 2010, 03:57 »

Two things: 

1) I read the punchline, and I LQTM'd, but it didn't really hit me until I went back and read the title of the comic.  SO... WRONG.  (but also hilarious)

2) Faye's metaphorical "porridge" doesn't refer to the men themselves, but rather her approach to them. 
 - With Marten, her approach was "too cold":  ignoring what she knew was there (from him) for a long time and just never going there, even though part of her wanted to. 
 - With Sven, her approach was "too hot": diving in head-first without thinking about the consequences at all
 - With Angus, her approach may indeed me "just right": taking a measured approach, but staying open to opportunities as they arise. 

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

connathan

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #180 on: 14 May 2010, 04:33 »

I appreciate that Faye has difficulties with emotions, and that she's been hurt in the past, but I think she could be a little nicer to Angus...he's making a real effort, he's not kicking up a fuss about her take-things-slowly attitude, and he's proven himself as a decent, honest guy in his treatment of Marigold. What more does he have to do? And why doesn't Faye have to prove herself worthy of Angus, pray tell? Is she that wonderful that Angus has to work for her, without any guarantee of her interest in or commitment to him? She really hasn't given him ANY indication that she likes him back, hasn't complimented him in return for the lavish praise he bestowed on her, she's just been generally prickly. I for one kind of think Angus could do better, but then again, we know he likes a bit of antagonism.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #181 on: 14 May 2010, 04:43 »

Ah metaphors, boon to clear communication with no chance of misunderstandings!

Wait a minute...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #182 on: 14 May 2010, 05:09 »

What more does he have to do? And why doesn't Faye have to prove herself worthy of Angus, pray tell? Is she that wonderful that Angus has to work for her, without any guarantee of her interest in or commitment to him?

You might have a good point; but I think it's less that Faye thinks of herself as a good catch, and rather thinks of herself as a bad one, and is basically telling Angus 'Caution, enter at your own peril'. 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #183 on: 14 May 2010, 05:12 »

Called it.
Your no-prize is materializing in your right hand even as I type. Don't drop it!

Ya think maybe Jeph's cherry picking ideas from the forum?

Naaaah... that'd be too close to fanservice!

I wish there were some way to test it, though.

Quick, we need some really good plot ideas for Monday...
You realize, of course, that you just did the equivalent of standing upwind. And it's a shame, because I have a tasty plot idea sitting in my brain even as we speak. Sigh Now we'll have to wait weeks, maybe months to try this to give Jeph a chance to settle down and start feeding in the area again (if he ever did; material from 'fairy tales' make for very general spoor) Then we'll need to be vewy, vewy…well, you know.

Edit: somewhere in there I think my metaphor collapsed. Damn you and your poor stamina, figurative language!
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 05:18 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #184 on: 14 May 2010, 05:52 »

Your no-prize is materializing in your right hand even as I type. Don't drop it!

Mmmmm! Porridge!

METAPHORICAL PORRIDGE!!!!1!!111

Perverts.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #185 on: 14 May 2010, 06:18 »

1) I read the punchline, and I LQTM'd, but it didn't really hit me until I went back and read the title of the comic.  SO... WRONG.  (but also hilarious)
<snip>

...Do ya know how long it took me to figure that out?

"Pease Porridge hot, Pease Porridge cold, Pease Porridge in the pot nine days old!"
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #186 on: 14 May 2010, 07:39 »

I think Faye acts this way because of her trust issues.

Angus could refuse if he wanted to, but he doesnt. I dunno how good he is at understanding the kind of deal he gets.

Personally I can think of this now only as to end with doom, i.e. an Angus-Faye relationship.
Carpe Diem

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #187 on: 14 May 2010, 08:44 »

You realize, of course, that you just did the equivalent of standing upwind. And it's a shame, because I have a tasty plot idea sitting in my brain even as we speak. Sigh Now we'll have to wait weeks, maybe months to try this to give Jeph a chance to settle down and start feeding in the area again (if he ever did; material from 'fairy tales' make for very general spoor) Then we'll need to be vewy, vewy…well, you know.

Edit: somewhere in there I think my metaphor collapsed. Damn you and your poor stamina, figurative language!

I prefer standing upwind.  It smells better! 

And it's not a matter of stamina, metaphors only stretch so much - they usually fail if carried too far.  Like.. like... bra straps?  I dunno, I'm at a loss here. 

I think Faye acts this way because of her trust issues.

A bit obvious, but a valid point.

Angus could refuse if he wanted to, but he doesnt. I dunno how good he is at understanding the kind of deal he gets.

Again, a good point, succinctly put. 

Personally I can think of this now only as to end with doom, i.e. an Angus-Faye relationship.

A matter of opinion, a little blunt, but not too rude. 

And you get what may be your first gold star for polite conversation! 

Grmpf.

Faye dizzing Marten now ?

And I already thought I was grumpy before ...

No, Faye's not dissing Marten.  It's a metaphor.  Read more of the other posts, and get that Wörterbuch updated! 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #188 on: 14 May 2010, 09:32 »

I still think that Dora has the hots for Faye - Though I doubt that she would do anything about it.  She may be Bi, but I think she tends to be a 'One person at a time' person, especially if she's in a committed relationship like she is with Marten.

You're right, based on strips 603 and 1400.

I liked Noone-special's idea about what the porridge meant, but when Dora assumed it referred to the men, Faye didn't say no.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #189 on: 14 May 2010, 09:38 »

About comeek 1664, despite the inherent arrogance of Faye's metaphor, I think Faye may be trying to protect Angus.  She's warning him that he's in for a bumpy ride (heh) and that there's no guarantee that he'll get what he wants out of this.

I think the arrogance is really the problem overall though. Faye is just trying to protect Angus? As if he's not a big boy, and can't handle adult relationships? From what we've seen of him so far, he seems skilled enough with adult relationships, and he's also allowed to make his own choices - if he wants to fall for Faye, that's ok. Yes, she can warn him about her issues, and let him know it's not going to be easy, but she has no business trying to protect him.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #190 on: 14 May 2010, 09:45 »

Dora has the hots for... lots of people.  But she's not a proponent for an open relationship.  I actually think if she were, she could get Marten to fold over it pretty easily; and we'd be having Tai-Tuesdays and Faye-Fridays... possibly Marigold-Mondays?

Faye is just trying to protect Angus? As if he's not a big boy, and can't handle adult relationships?

Eh, I just think she's feeling vulnerable due to the bombshell Angus just dropped and is trying to figure out what exactly he wants in a relationship with her.  She wants him to know that a physical relationship might not happen anytime soon, and I think she's also overreacting because she's a tad uncomfortable with starting a new relationship with a boy. 
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 09:52 by Tuitsuro »

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #191 on: 14 May 2010, 09:51 »

But who would she get to fill Wednesday, and Thursday?
James The Kugai 

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #192 on: 14 May 2010, 10:20 »

Those would be the laundry nights.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

westrim

« Reply #193 on: 14 May 2010, 10:49 »

Will and Tai again.

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #194 on: 14 May 2010, 10:49 »

Penelope thursday!
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

Heliphyneau

« Reply #195 on: 14 May 2010, 11:20 »

About comeek 1664, despite the inherent arrogance of Faye's metaphor, I think Faye may be trying to protect Angus.  She's warning him that he's in for a bumpy ride (heh) and that there's no guarantee that he'll get what he wants out of this.

I think the arrogance is really the problem overall though. Faye is just trying to protect Angus? As if he's not a big boy, and can't handle adult relationships? From what we've seen of him so far, he seems skilled enough with adult relationships, and he's also allowed to make his own choices - if he wants to fall for Faye, that's ok. Yes, she can warn him about her issues, and let him know it's not going to be easy, but she has no business trying to protect him.

You'll note the lack of the word "just" in my sentence you quoted above -- yes, she's trying to protect him, but that's not all she's doing since she's also being a belligerent chickenshit about getting involved, but that's Faye.  Also, at no point did I say Faye being protective was justifiable, but it's better than withholding information.  He asked what she thought, and she told him, warts and all.  I think Angus knew things will be difficult with Faye (they have been so far) when he when he broached the 'do I have a shot with you' conversation, but he's willing to try, perhaps Don Quixote-style.  Like I said, they may go down in flames, but at least they're starting off with their eyes open.

1. For comic #1665, panels 1-2, Dora's weakness for adorability is adorable in of itself.

YES.  Her expressions in 1663 and 1665 have been hilariously adorable -- love it!  Also, I wonder if Dora realizes that if she were to snuggle Faye the way she is in panels 3-4 of 1665 that she might attract more business to the coffee shop.  I can picture it now . . .

Carl Notappearinginthiscomic: "Dude, I was in line for coffee today, and the two girls behind the counter totally started snuggling.  It was so hot."

Dale: "Daaaaang!"

*sound of trampling feet heading toward Coffee of Doom*

*new sign goes up the next day: "TAKE YOUR PORRIDGE OUTSIDE, BOYS"*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #196 on: 14 May 2010, 12:42 »

Dora has the hots for... lots of people.  But she's not a proponent for an open relationship.  I actually think if she were, she could get Marten to fold over it pretty easily; and we'd be having Tai-Tuesdays and Faye-Fridays... possibly Marigold-Mondays?
Will and Tai again.
Penelope thursday!

Let's see, that leaves Saturdays for Marten. 

Cause, you know, never on a Sunday

Carl Notappearinginthiscomic: "Dude, I was in line for coffee today, and the two girls behind the counter totally started snuggling.  It was so hot."

Where did you find my last name?
« Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 13:03 by Carl-E »

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #197 on: 14 May 2010, 13:13 »

"Pease Porridge hot, Pease Porridge cold, Pease Porridge in the pot nine days old!"

I figured it was from Goldilocks and the Three Bears, but I guess it doesn't really matter.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #198 on: 14 May 2010, 13:23 »

I wonder if public snuggling was on the business development plan index? Plan Gamma maybe? It would have to come well before Plan Zeta.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #199 on: 14 May 2010, 13:26 »

I still think that Dora has the hots for Faye - Though I doubt that she would do anything about it.
Of course, everyone has the hots for Faye, because she's really warm.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up