THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlaws till the end  (Read 28224 times)

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Outlaws till the end
« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2010, 15:56 »

I've been in a handful of really cool posses, where our leaders would organize competitions and showdowns with the other posse(s). Best thing is a mexican standoff with 16 players.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #51 on: 01 Jun 2010, 01:01 »

How far is everyone in the single-player?

I'm in the last third of the game and man, once you hit Blackwater does it ever go off the rails.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: 07 Jun 2010, 10:35 »

Finally beat it.  Holy fuck I loved this game.

Also I never actually heard this song

Darke

• Furry furrier
« Reply #53 on: 07 Jun 2010, 13:52 »

Oh man, really? I'm still not far into Mexico but that was such a wonderful moment. Don't think I've ever felt a better atmosphere in a game.
There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #54 on: 07 Jun 2010, 13:56 »

How far is everyone in the single-player?

I'm in the last third of the game and man, once you hit Blackwater does it ever go off the rails.

I finally made it to the final area, finished "I Know You" (awesome), then magically glitched away all $7,000+ of my dollars, got discouraged, coincidentally bought SMG2 and Blur, and haven't put RDR back in since.

I am going to finish it soon though. I just haven't been in the mood for it the last week or so.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #55 on: 07 Jun 2010, 14:13 »

This game sounds really fun. It also sounds like I should wait until there's more patches out before I buy it, since pretty much everyone seems to run into some rather epic amounts of glitches.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #56 on: 07 Jun 2010, 16:16 »

Worst thing I've experienced was a corrupted save that nerfed my 30+ hour playthrough. Still, glitches aren't prominent enough to discourage getting it.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #57 on: 07 Jun 2010, 16:17 »

yeah, it's not nearly as buggy as youtube would have you believe
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #58 on: 07 Jun 2010, 17:25 »

Worst thing I've experienced was a corrupted save that nerfed my 30+ hour playthrough

nerfed my 30+ hour playthrough

30+

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #59 on: 07 Jun 2010, 17:33 »

Nah, my entire save file stopped working.

Jerk.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #60 on: 07 Jun 2010, 19:29 »

That happened to me once while playing San Andreas.  I haven't run into any glitches or bugs that I can remember.

Also that ending.  Freaking perfect.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010, 22:02 by Blue Kitty »

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #61 on: 07 Jun 2010, 21:07 »

use multiple save files dorkuses

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #62 on: 07 Jun 2010, 21:08 »

I haven't had any glitches  :cry:

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #63 on: 08 Jun 2010, 00:48 »

use multiple save files dorkuses

I had three, including an autosave. All of them corrupted. Boo.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #64 on: 08 Jun 2010, 01:49 »

i'm not at the end but the part that i'm at is so perfect that i'm afraid of them messing with what's being established.

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
  • oh I can put stuff here? that's cool...
« Reply #65 on: 09 Jun 2010, 18:01 »

"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #66 on: 09 Jun 2010, 18:07 »

Basically the whole story of Red Dead Redemption  heavy spoilers from what I hear

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #67 on: 09 Jun 2010, 18:21 »

oh btw, yahtzee gave it basically a glowing review

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1776-Red-Dead-Redemption
holy shit why do I have to have conan staring at me while I'm watching the video
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #68 on: 09 Jun 2010, 18:30 »

conan watches you masturbate :-P

after watching 0! I am unsure if I want to get this game...
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #69 on: 09 Jun 2010, 23:16 »

Why isn't this coming out on PC?
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #70 on: 09 Jun 2010, 23:52 »

Because a PC port was not developed. There might yet be one. There was a gap between the 360 and PC versions of GTAIV as well, if I recall.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #71 on: 10 Jun 2010, 01:42 »

Also the PC port for GTAIV was really, really bad.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #72 on: 10 Jun 2010, 02:11 »

too bad for dinosaurs, the ending to the game is amazing

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #73 on: 08 Jul 2010, 09:33 »

You know what Red Dead Redemption was missing?  Zombies

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #74 on: 09 Jul 2010, 10:13 »

Lonesome days have passed. The bugs are gone. All the Master Hunting challenges are complete. Sod the natural. Nature gave humans brains. Brains gave humans weapons. Ergo, weapons are a product of nature. A gun is as much a tool as a knife. I stuck Lobo the wolf with a knife. I peppered Gordo the boar with buckshot. Khan the jaguar got a rifle bullet in the torso. I fed Brumas the bear dynamite.

There is a new quarry on the map. They call him the Mad Man on the Mountain. No they don't. But I like to think they do. A player with the title ‘Lord of the Flies.' Who dropped everything he was doing. Went outlaw. Killed dozens of lawmen and civvies in Blackwater town. Got himself a bounty of over $2000. Climbed up to snowy Nekoti Rock, one of the highest points on the map, just to wait in a bear's cavern with a sniper rifle, some TNT and bones for company. Whoever kills him first collects the experience points. He waits.

First, WHITE_POWER016 tries to collect. His ascent. Dodging a TNT blast he eventually nears the top, only to receive a belly full of lead from one of those new-fangled high powered automatic pistols. I can tell you this because I was there. I saw it. His six-shooter isn't a match. He respawns. Calls for his horse. His horse is shot in the head from under him from what looks like a mile away. WHITE_POWER016 flees and doesn't try his luck again. I can't say I'm sorry he failed. The Mad Man has a black character avatar. Fuck off, white power.

Then noblestrangerman tries to collect the bounty. He arrives in a wagon pulled neatly by a couple of horses. The Mad Man takes some pot shots and noblestrangerman has to abandon the wagon to take cover. Oddly he doesn't fire back. This gives him a sheepish, puzzled air, like a Japanese businessman who has gone trail-blazing by mistake. I can tell you this because I was there. I saw it. Before he can ascend to the sadist's nest, before he can pass the corpse of WHITE_POWER016 and the half-dozen identical bodies of the Mad Man's horse repeatedly respawned and remurdered, before noblestrangerman even has a chance the Mad Man takes out his last stick of explosives and throws it at the wagon. Aiming to kill the horses and the bounty hunter in one terrible blast. Without waiting to watch for success he leaps from the mountain top, turning ragdoll half-way down. Finally, he cracks his neck against the ground by the wheel of the wagon. The bounty is gone – it only lasts one life. Nobody can claim it now. The noblestangerman, who has miraculously survived the blast, can only whistle for the respawn of his horse and mournfully saunter into the dark, glacial woods. There is no romance in RDR. It's a harsh world in single player and multiplayer. Nobody rides off into the sunset.
I can tell you that this was what the Mad Man had learned. He was not really mad. He merely realised that it was dog eat dog, that nature was nasty and brutish. In his own way he too believed that all animals were equal. That is, that none were exempt from nature, from predation. Not human players, not their horses. Not Lobo or Gordo or Khan or Brumas, and not himself. I can tell you this is not the Mild West. This is the Wild West. Kill or be killed. Eat or be eaten. I can tell you this because I was there. I saw it. Because it is what I thought when I went completely Colonel Kurtz. When I became the Mad Man on the Mountain.

link

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #75 on: 12 Jul 2010, 06:54 »

Ordered this game last night. Should have it by Wednesday. If you're up for a posse, add BeardedGlyphic.

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
« Reply #76 on: 28 Sep 2010, 23:23 »

hey, sorry to necro this, but I was just wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem as me:

every time I hop on a horse, it falls through the ground and I have to reset the system.  This only started happening when I was about halfway through the game (and after I'd come back to it after about half a month of playing other games).  I tried starting a new file but it crashed on the loading screen every time.  Then I tried again about a month or so later and, while it let me start a new file, the horse problem seems to persist.

also my copy of mass effect 2 freezes/crashes every twenty minutes or so and xbox originals sometimes work and sometimes don't work for no discernible reason.

do I need a new 360 do you think?
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2010, 01:16 by Damnable Fiend »
"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

ackblom12

« Reply #77 on: 29 Sep 2010, 03:53 »

Possibly. I know I've been having some issues with my 360 lately with slowdown in a few games and more frequent than usual crashing in Magic the Gathering, but I suspect it's actually my Hard Drive.

Speaking of which... does anyone know if it's possible to format a laptop drive in such a manner that the 360 will recognize it, use it and allow larger than 4gb files? If so I'm probably going to break open my HD shell and replace the current one.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #78 on: 29 Sep 2010, 11:40 »

1) The XBox will never recognize larger than 4GB because it only recognizes FAT, which is limted to 4GB.

2) Yes and it's not too hard.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ackblom12

« Reply #79 on: 29 Sep 2010, 13:49 »

Ah good, I was concerned that it used some form of proprietary formatting. No idea what that might have been, but was slightly worried about that. Looks like I know what one of my projects this week will be

And since you linked the 120, here's the 250gig tutorial. Ordered this HD and am looking forward to having a properly working HD and empty space again.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2010, 15:44 by ackblom12 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #80 on: 29 Sep 2010, 17:52 »

In other news, zombie cowboys

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #81 on: 28 Jan 2011, 08:57 »

old thread old thread suppy

anyway recently a buddy of mine stashed his PS3 in my room (he lives with like, 5 baseball players who dominate his apartment so when it comes to hanging out and bullshitting, my apartment is kind of like, home base so the only time he can really play is in my room) and he has red dead redemption, which I've been playing the shit out of. holy damn this is like, one of my favorite games ever it is so goddamn good.

okay sorry for the necro though
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #82 on: 28 Jan 2011, 10:51 »

On the subject of Red Dead and necromancy, Undead Nightmare was pretty good, I thought!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #83 on: 09 Mar 2011, 16:45 »

Cut and pasted from the thread I mistakenly started:
I know, I know...  it's been out for quite a while.  I guess if anything this is for people like me that are late to the game, and realize just how awesome this game is.  I didn't see a thread on the front page, or the two subsequent pages, so here goes.

I literally just picked it up last night, and starting playing - got sucked in for HOURS.  Within a few minutes of playing, I shot a guy that was chasing a prostitute out of the saloon, trying to carve her up like a Thanksgiving turkey with a really big knife.  After executing him in the street, I looted his belongings, then left him lying in the mud.  The patrons of the town just kind of casually walked by in the midst of all of this, as if it was just another day in the wild west.

This game is almost like playing every western you've ever seen on TV or movies, and the execution is really well done.  Story's good, hunting down bounties is fun, and I'm even trying my hand at finding buried treasure.

Like I said, I know this has been out for a while, but damn, I'm having a shitload of fun.

Oh yeah, and Wal Mart just dropped their price on it where I am to $30.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #84 on: 09 Mar 2011, 16:49 »

It really is a great game. There's almost too much, though! I actually got kind of burned out before I actually finished it (I was super close to the end too) and ended up forgetting about it for a while.

I am greatly looking forward to playing through it again (and hopefully finishing it!) some time in the future.

eyefielbad

• Not quite a lurker
  • oh my gog
« Reply #85 on: 09 Mar 2011, 17:28 »

I played and finished it during the summer. I borrowed it from my cousin and hoarded it until he finally demanded I return it. It really is a great game. There's so much to do! Even after I finished (and that last story-mission was so, so satisfying) I would roam around the countryside, exploring. The multiplayer was pretty damn fun, too.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #86 on: 09 Mar 2011, 17:34 »

The one random encounter I always looked forward to was the woman that needed help with her coach, only to find out she was part of a group that wanted to rob you. I would take some time to think about what to do with her. Most of the time I shot her on the spot, other times I just left her. Very few times I roped her up and went from there.

Also the person being chased by animals? Hilarious.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #87 on: 09 Mar 2011, 19:26 »

I think this is one of the best games to simply just roam around and basically do nothing in.  Go around in the wooded section without your horse....amazing.  Actually, going around without your horse and avoiding the roads is awesome. 

And I have never shot the girl, ever.  I always just let her apologize and then I ride away or get attacked by cougars. 

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
« Reply #88 on: 09 Mar 2011, 21:52 »

even after I got the achievement, I would usually throw her on the train tracks and watch her get asploded.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #89 on: 31 Mar 2011, 07:44 »

And I have never shot the girl, ever.  I always just let her apologize and then I ride away or get attacked by cougars

Slutty, trashy, older women attacked her?
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #90 on: 31 Mar 2011, 23:55 »

Wild cats. 

Cougars

Those things that you hear and kind of freak out about because they attack your horse and then kill you?  The scariest enemy in the game other than bears. 

Honestly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into "so this one time, while I was walking through the forest, I turned around and was EATEN by a bear.  True story."

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #91 on: 01 Apr 2011, 01:35 »

I shot a bear at Aurora basin, I hid in the shack until all the others came then dead eyed about 7 more. Did it twice and got Barely Legal.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #92 on: 01 Apr 2011, 07:50 »

Man that attacked by a bear thing happened so much. I couldn't find one until they were right behind me, about to pounce, and of course they were always in groups of two.

But cougars man, fucking cougars. I didn't have to knife fight any bears, at least not to get the best gun in the game.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #93 on: 01 Apr 2011, 12:12 »

That's the only ambient challenge I didn't finish. I can never find cougar when I want.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #94 on: 01 Apr 2011, 14:20 »

That was the hardest part too. Apparently I'm a freaking cougar magnet when I don't want them, but when I want to knife the little bastards I have to set bait and wait a while. But the Buffalo Gun is worth it, blows up tiny animals when you shoot them with it, leaving nothing to pick up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up