THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 15:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What will happen at the beer and YouTube party?

Pintsize will offer to support Marigold
- 28 (17.4%)
Marigold will make a pass at Marten
- 6 (3.7%)
The couch will collapse from 6 people's weight
- 18 (11.2%)
Marigold will refuse to drink and it will be awkward
- 16 (9.9%)
Marigold will bring her laptop and play WoW
- 6 (3.7%)
Some kind of awkwardness we can't imagine yet
- 38 (23.6%)
Hannelore will bring her knife just in case
- 21 (13%)
- 19 (11.8%)
Portly porcine porridge
- 9 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT (Weekly Comic Thread) 24-28 May 2010  (Read 58155 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Re: WCT (Weekly Comic Thread) 24-28 May 2010
« Reply #50 on: 25 May 2010, 04:30 »

Yeah, Raven is in the lead ! Raven is in the lead ! Incoming Raven !  :-D :wink: :laugh: :angel:
Carpe Diem

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #51 on: 25 May 2010, 04:36 »

Ma!  Hand me the 12 Gauge, thet damn crow's back!

And on a different note - go for the scapel-less vasectomy.  Mine was over in less than 10 minutes and only took about 12 hours to recover from. 

Just don't be an idiot like a friend of mine.  He had one, went home, made love to his wife and then decided it was a good idea to do some heavy lifting later that night.  Spent the next three weeks flat on his back unable to tolerated any sensation in that area while his balls shrunk down from the size of oranges. 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #52 on: 25 May 2010, 06:20 »

One other thing - am I the only (colorblind) one who can't tell the purple in Dora's hair from her normal dye job?
are you really colorblind or is it just your monitor?

1. I'm really colorblind (or, as my wife likes to point out, "color-deficient"). Red-Green. I can see shades of blue, but when you add red to it (red+blue=purple), I start to mix it up with black.

2. The first two strips with her dye job showed more black that dark blue/violet (at least, according to the WhatColor program I had to use to check the pixels).

3. "Drop a tactical TMI on my head." This is a quote of win.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2010, 06:24 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

disaacs

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #53 on: 25 May 2010, 07:47 »

I wonder if we just saw a foreshadow of a rift between Dora and Marten. Dora obviously doesn't want kids. What is Marten's stand on the issue?

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #54 on: 25 May 2010, 07:52 »

What are the odds of "G♡RG♡R♡TH" t-shirts turning up in the store do you think?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #55 on: 25 May 2010, 11:33 »

I found it humorous while Faye was cupping herself after Dora's droopage comment.

Take it from someone who couldn't con her way onto the Itty Bitty Titty Committee with an Ace bandage and a come-along, Faye shouldn't be so glib about it.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #56 on: 25 May 2010, 12:14 »

I wonder if we just saw a foreshadow of a rift between Dora and Marten. Dora obviously doesn't want kids. What is Marten's stand on the issue?

I don't think she's saying she doesn't want kids, just that the thought of 3, 4 and 5 am feedings is making her internal organs somersault at the moment.  

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #57 on: 25 May 2010, 13:16 »

I squealled a little. Last week I dyed the front half of my hair that exact colour (seriously, Dora must have used Blueberry hill from Paintbox). Wasn't overly pleased with the result at first, thinking I should have gone for Purple Haze instead, but now I'm rocking a half Dora Do. So very very Stoked! YAYAY

Do they all have awesome names like those two?
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #58 on: 25 May 2010, 14:46 »

What are the odds of "G♡RG♡R♡TH" t-shirts turning up in the store do you think?
Vegas just called - they refuse to post odds.
Just another Joe like 46

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #59 on: 25 May 2010, 15:02 »

Since it appears to be an actual band, the odds are less than likely.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #60 on: 25 May 2010, 15:40 »

It took me a while to get the millipede ref—I think we called em' pillbugs (which a google reveals is in turn most likely a woodlouse, but it's the image I have now). I like Dora's hair a little better now that it has 'bloomed,' or whatever you'd call it.
I found it humorous while Faye was cupping herself after Dora's droopage comment.

Take it from someone who couldn't con her way onto the Itty Bitty Titty Committee with an Ace bandage and a come-along, Faye shouldn't be so glib about it.
Thank you for that thoroughly disturbing image.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ross_teneyck

• Not quite a lurker
  • This sentence is self-referential.
    • http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck
« Reply #61 on: 25 May 2010, 16:13 »

Deciding to have children is a major life choice.  Ergo, Marten will not make it; he will instead cope with whatever someone else decides.

It took me a while to get the millipede ref—I think we called em' pillbugs (which a google reveals is in turn most likely a woodlouse, but it's the image I have now).

Millipedes and woodlice are very different critters, although some varieties of both are capable of rolling themselves up.
Are wa yume? Soretomo maboroshi?

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #62 on: 25 May 2010, 16:24 »

Millipede, rolly-polies, what's a few body segments between friends? 

I imagine she's thinking about these small, inch-long black ones that you tend to see near buildings here during the spring and summer months. 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #63 on: 25 May 2010, 16:35 »

What has Dora said about children in the past? There was one strip where she said she would eat her young, but I have a vague memory, so vague it may not be real, of her sayng something around Marten about being married with kids.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ross_teneyck

• Not quite a lurker
  • This sentence is self-referential.
    • http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck
« Reply #64 on: 25 May 2010, 16:42 »

What has Dora said about children in the past? There was one strip where she said she would eat her young, but I have a vague memory, so vague it may not be real, of her sayng something around Marten about being married with kids.

Well, there was this, but that was a horrific vision of Faye's so it doesn't really count.
Are wa yume? Soretomo maboroshi?

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #65 on: 25 May 2010, 20:55 »

This is probably what you were thinking of.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #66 on: 25 May 2010, 23:14 »

Bingo. You win at archive.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #67 on: 25 May 2010, 23:43 »

Damn.

Raven far behind now. :(

Damn.
Carpe Diem

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #68 on: 26 May 2010, 00:49 »

This is probably what you were thinking of.

Hm...I think I like the Dora artwork there better than the current Dora artwork. Which gets me thinking...I think Jeph has mentioned this before, but isn't Dora the one character he hasn't really settled on a design for? Like Marten and Faye seem pretty consistently drawn, but Dora's always subtly changing. Hm.

Anyway, Dora's hair is differently purple again. I kinda like that it keeps changing around. :D

Faye looks so awkward. Good for her though. Interesting that she invited Marigold too...

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #69 on: 26 May 2010, 00:54 »

Today's Specials: Fresh Fuckin' Bagels.

So it's not just the Roombas that are reproducing, the bread products are at it too.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #70 on: 26 May 2010, 01:06 »

They are also rapping and have their own sitcom.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #71 on: 26 May 2010, 01:25 »

1. Mmm, fresh fuckin' bagels.   Perhaps with whipped (the light-to-eat kind, you gutter minds) cream cheese and lox slices.

2. It was a nice touch for Faye to have Angus bring Marigold over as well since she (Marigold) could use the hanging-out company too.  This also means that Hannelore will be there at the YouTube party too, which is always good for humour.

3. Missing Llama.  Answers to "DeathLlama"(? hard to make it out).   Might have been funnier if it had read: Answers to "Dalai-" :wink:

4. I enjoy Dora peroidically changing her style(s), though I may not like each change in of itself.  To me it is very appropriate for someone of Dora's personality and character-type to change things up now and then purely for the sake of Change.  (EDIT ADD: Also, I do notice Dora's hair is brighter purple, much more improved and noticable now)

5. Speaking of stupid (or at least silly) YouTube clips, somewhat related to llamas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZ0x8AVaBI
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 01:33 by pendrake »

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #72 on: 26 May 2010, 01:37 »

Angus' glasses have been gone the last few comics - where did they go????

I thought they were part of his charm.  What about his friend, the vintage glasses guy?  wha huppun??
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Bookdust

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #73 on: 26 May 2010, 01:43 »

Yay, more Faye. Am I the only one who thinks she's getting cuter? Because damn!
Andy: Hey, while I have you here, what do you think of this? Scrotation marks.

Ann: I don’t know what you’re talking about, but my gut says no.

sudamerican

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #74 on: 26 May 2010, 05:43 »

does everyone's hair look grainy to everyone else or is it just me? i swear, its like it was made out of GIFs
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #75 on: 26 May 2010, 06:14 »

I thought they were part of his charm.  What about his friend, the vintage glasses guy?  wha huppun??
Contacts, perhaps? Or maybe they've been just all about fashion?
Just another Joe like 46

roxy255

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #76 on: 26 May 2010, 08:27 »

Contacts, perhaps? Or maybe they've been just all about fashion?

This has probably been mentioned but YEAH! Angus has undergone some stefan urquelle makeover since these days: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=898

Arancaytar

• Curry sauce
« Reply #77 on: 26 May 2010, 08:41 »

Oh, give it a few hours, you'll be fine.  You'll be hallucinating and be making even worse decisions thoughout the day, but at least you'll catch that insomniac high.

And before the hallucinations come the delusions of grandeur and megalomania, which is really nice.

(Unfortunately, after something over 48 hours that is replaced by feeling pretty much dead. I have that right now.)

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #78 on: 26 May 2010, 10:36 »

2. It was a nice touch for Faye to have Angus bring Marigold over as well since she (Marigold) could use the hanging-out company too.  This also means that Hannelore will be there at the YouTube party too, which is always good for humour.

It will probably go well enough, but it strikes me that in real life, this would be a TERRIBLE idea, and very bad for Marigold. Faye has admitted to having some feelings for Angus, and they haven't really interacted since to defuse any of the romantic tension, and this invitation to come over is definitely her reaching out. As such, it is basically an excuse for her to have a makeshift non-date with Angus and she's just throwing the invitation to Marigold into it to low-ball the situation. It would be one thing if she already DID have plans, and invited Angus and Marigold along, but no--she's making these plans specifically for Angus.

This to me is a Very Bad Idea. If she's going to make plans just for Angus, I think she should only invite Angus--go on a date, as Dora, suggested: it can be something very low key, with few expectations, but private.

Otherwise, it just seems like with all the as-yet unresolved and yet brought-to-the-surface romantic tension between Faye and Angus (just look at how stammery and awkward she's acting around him already), poor Marigold is in for an evening where they both try their hardest to "act normal" and not be flirty or obviously crushy around each other, and pretty much fail.

Sure, Faye should continue to hang out with both Marigold and Angus--and Angus should continue to hang out with Marigold--but not on what is basically Faye's and Angus' unspoken first date!  :x

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #79 on: 26 May 2010, 11:17 »

Hopefully Marigold will have plans already and won't be able to come.

Right, to have plans you have to know people, and everyone Marigold knows was just invited to hang out with Faye, Marten and Dora.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #80 on: 26 May 2010, 11:42 »

there's always the internet - she may have some code master thing to do, and when that fails - TV Tropes - no better way to kill time.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #81 on: 26 May 2010, 12:22 »

Snip
This to me is a Very Bad Idea. If she's going to make plans just for Angus, I think she should only invite Angus--go on a date, as Dora, suggested: it can be something very low key, with few expectations, but private.

Otherwise, it just seems like with all the as-yet unresolved and yet brought-to-the-surface romantic tension between Faye and Angus (just look at how stammery and awkward she's acting around him already), poor Marigold is in for an evening where they both try their hardest to "act normal" and not be flirty or obviously crushy around each other, and pretty much fail.

Sure, Faye should continue to hang out with both Marigold and Angus--and Angus should continue to hang out with Marigold--but not on what is basically Faye's and Angus' unspoken first date!  :x
This is by no stretch of the imagination a date—it's a gathering. Faye's too chickenshit, to use the colloquial term, to set up a date. Too, she realizes she'd look something of an ass to ask Angus for a date after her 'pass the test' speech. Hell, he hasn't even completed the matching portion! And then there's the essay question…

To be fair, though, since it is a gathering, and Angus and Faye are not dating (as per Faye's conditions. and possibly Angus's need to settle the Marigold issue) Faye more or less has to invite MG (hey, finally found a nick for Marigold that doesn't make me long to hurl!). It's a Southern thing (such customs may hold true elsewhere, too, but I draw on what I know). Ten to one MG does have something else to do, even if it's merely lying uncreatively to Angus. The real question will be whether Angus buys it.

It will probably go well enough, but it strikes me that in real life, this would be a TERRIBLE idea
I doubt even her most frantic fans will accuse Faye of having good ideas when it comes to her own romantic relationships. 'Terrible' pretty much sums up her track record thus far.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 12:24 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #82 on: 26 May 2010, 13:17 »

I think you're right that, considering she ended up making it an "everybody gets together" sort of thing, not inviting Marigold would have been rude. It was already "not a smart way of going about things" that she WAS too chickenshit to just ask Angus out already, and instead created this whole gathering on-the-spur-of-the-moment thing as an excuse to hang out with him.  It's just that if all her friends were uninvolved in the drama, like Dora and Marten and Hannelore, it would be a garden-variety "let's support our friend and let her have this opportunity to hang out with Angus without actually dating him." They could give them some space (or else interject their company to defuse any awkwardness), kind of look away with indulgent smiles at appropriate moments, etc.  But when one of the friends has feelings for Angus, THEN it becomes a terrible idea, rather than just a middle-school level silly one.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 13:20 by JackFaerie »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #83 on: 26 May 2010, 14:08 »

This can only end up with Faye and Angus getting drunk and winding up in bed together.  Remember, that's what happened with Sven - and Faye wasn't intentionally looking to do that that time.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #84 on: 26 May 2010, 15:21 »

JackFaerie makes a good point: we're seeing a potential setup for the invocation of the Principle of Maximum Awkwardness.

Marigirl may have a raid that night.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #85 on: 26 May 2010, 15:23 »

I agree, this is one of those 'it seemed like a good idea in theory, not in practice' ideas.  Though I will royally laugh if it ends up with Marigold punching out Faye after she finds out Faye's stealing her man; a scenario which seems altogether likely given the amount of booze that the QC cast seems to have readily available.  

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #86 on: 26 May 2010, 16:06 »

I guess that Llama didn't make it to Llama School -- should've gotten directions.   :wink:

To me it is very appropriate for someone of Dora's personality and character-type to change things up now and then purely for the sake of Change. 

Dora does change her look a lot.  Her personality sometimes reminds me of Ms. Vaguely Dissatisfied (center square): http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/subcutaneous/lifeinhell-girlfriends.jpg

I do wish Angus still wore his glasses -- maybe his favorite pair broke and he's wearing contacts until he gets them fixed?  Or maybe Jeph got tired of drawing glasses on so many characters.  *shrugs*

For some reason, I'm picturing Faye's gathering turning into a 'girls on the couch, guys in the kitchen scenario,' I don't know why.  It might be amusing if Marigold ends up having a better time than Angus.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #87 on: 26 May 2010, 16:51 »

Marigirl may not want to get drunk again for a long time.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #88 on: 26 May 2010, 21:32 »

What I have an issue with over how Faye approached Angus is this and this.

Now, I know you can claim "character development" and "growing as a person" and all that crap, but seriously? She can say, "I'm bored and ravenous" to Marten, but "We're, uh, gonna hang out and drink some beers and watch some stupid Youtube clips" to Angus?
Just another Joe like 46

lunakitten

• Plantmonster
« Reply #89 on: 26 May 2010, 22:26 »

Maybe, just maybe (and I might get in trouble for this) she likes Angus more than she did Marten? Don't kill me. And we know she didn't want any romantic entaglements with him- so she could treat him like any other friend- but Angus she is planning on possibly dating, so it's a bit more nerve wracking?

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #90 on: 26 May 2010, 22:31 »

I think the difference in approach is because of a difference in Faye's intention.

With Marten, especially in the pre-toast-inferno period, Faye was aggressively on a friends only posture. Threats of infectious stabbings come to mind. With Angus, I think she wants to open up as more than friends, but she is unsure of how, and is uncertain about the outcome.

Also, I recall (and the archive masters will surely find it) a recent where Faye confided to Marten that even though on the outside she seemed strong and assertive when she approached him, on the inside, she was scared shitless.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #91 on: 26 May 2010, 23:44 »

Well taken point by jwhouk. I'd argue that part of the answer is that Faye is now walking around without her armor on, and the bravado she displayed in the early days was overcompensation.

EDIT: 1462 is the one where Faye confesses to having been uncomfortable in strip 4.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 23:51 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #92 on: 27 May 2010, 00:58 »

anyone else creeped out by the knife at first?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #93 on: 27 May 2010, 01:06 »

Oh yes.

"Why not use Pintsize?" is kind of a naive question.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #94 on: 27 May 2010, 01:18 »

1. Llamas and alpacas, always good for a humourous endeavor.  As by my earlier "Star Wars Alpacas" link.

2. I was not creeped out by Hanner's knife until she stabbed into the watermelon blade away and point-first.  Not exactly a typical method for cutting into a watermelon... :-o .

3. I too miss Angus wearing glasses, I like that look on him better than non-glasses (contacts?).

4. I also like Marten's front-open hoodie look.  Must take Jeph a lot more effort to draw though(?).

5. And for something somewhat related to current strip and QC running themes, I present "Llamas of Arrakis"...

The Spice is Life!  *spits*
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 01:21 by pendrake »

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #95 on: 27 May 2010, 01:29 »

There are alpacas in the field behind my house. They're probably the perfect farm animal: no smell, quiet, hilarious to look at. When lambs were put into the field I was treated to the sight of alpaca jumping a metre into the air when they tried to chase the lambs.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #96 on: 27 May 2010, 01:34 »

Just came across this comic again, when someone was mentioning "past" Angus:  http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=900

In the last panel, Dora prophetically says, "Maybe he thinks if he can get under your skin, you'll eventually become attracted to him." 

I guess it finally worked!  And to think, Dora had him figured out so long ago...
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #97 on: 27 May 2010, 02:10 »

Since Marigirl is invited, why not use Momo-tan, who has holographic projection equipment built in?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #98 on: 27 May 2010, 02:15 »

It's llama week! Ram-a-llama-ding-dong!

Hannelore mentioning Pintsize while plunging a knife into a Pintsize-head-shaped object. Creeeepy.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #99 on: 27 May 2010, 02:17 »

2. I was not creeped out by Hanner's knife until she stabbed into the watermelon blade away and point-first.  Not exactly a typical method for cutting into a watermelon... :-o
I confess that I don't generally open the front door with a 20cm(?) blade in hand. According to Wikipedia that overhand knife grip is "sometimes referred to as the Serial Killer (or Murdering) Grip due many villains in slasher films using it to kill their victims; the first movie popularizing it was Psycho in the infamous shower scene."  Hmmm... Perhaps Hanners has been listening to the rapping penis again, and the water-melon was just for practice  :-o  though somehow I'd see her more as a "thumb on the blade and strike upwards" girl...

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up