"Aaaaand there goes my boner."
- 10 (21.3%)
"Shoulda told me that in the shower. "
- 3 (6.4%)
Paaaannnncakkkkeeeee
- 1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WDT: June 21-25, 2010 (1691-1695)  (Read 75822 times)

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
Re: WDT: June 21-25, 2010
« Reply #150 on: 24 Jun 2010, 01:13 »

Let's see if I can decode the issue at hand here:

Skine is complaining because Tai's "so that's why you're always late for work!" comes directly following Marten's complaint that her farting made him lose his boner--rather than the initial reveal that he and Dora are in the shower together. Skine is concerned that this makes it sound like Tai's farting and the subsequent boner-loss is what's somehow making him late.

Forum-goers think that Skine is trolling because it's obvious that Tai's talking about shower sex, and implying that Marten's late because rather than quickly getting ready, he wastes time/gets carried away boning Dora.  However, that IS a strange place for Tai to level her accusation, flow-of-dialogue-wise--it really does sound like it's Marten's boner-loss that makes him late.

However, reading the comic again, I'm gonna say that Jeph's thinking was that Marten mentioning his boner is the first concrete proof Tai has that he and Dora are indeed up to sexytimes in the shower. It is also the first time he makes his presence undeniably known.  Now, usually Tai is not that naive, and should have gotten from the "we" that both of them are in there, and that they're sexing.  But perhaps she was still too sleep-addled to think straight--certainly her weird "it's ok, I won't look, just gonna go potty" insistence makes more sense if she's operating on the mistaken assumption that Dora's just taking a shower by herself, or she and Marten are taking a shower together, but are simply occupied in getting clean and conserving water or whatever.

When Marten speaks up, she finally gets what's going on, and thus makes her accusation re: Marten's lateness habits at that point.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2010, 01:16 by JackFaerie »

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #151 on: 24 Jun 2010, 01:17 »

Also, if "Marten's late because he's having sex with Dora, Dumass," then this comic is rendered completely stupid.

If the comic did make sense, then it would require Tai to happen to fart every morning Marten works, causing Marten to lose his boner while having shower sex.  
I suppose it's because Marten has sex every morning, and Tai realizes this now.

logically, shouldn't that reaction be canceled out by her being all "yay naked woman yay" thus creating a completely neutral reaction?
Even while Tai's lesbian I don't think she has any problem with male nudity. She let here hood pierced while Marten was there, she once tried to pass as a boy and still dresses androgynous. Plus I think here previous Dora-crush, would rather make it: Yay,Dora nude

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #152 on: 24 Jun 2010, 01:34 »

I thought Tai thinks that Faye goes in and farts.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #153 on: 24 Jun 2010, 01:36 »

Tai's look of realization *and* her fart.

<3

I will make her bi. Even if it's the last thing I do. But not before it kills me, because then I wouldn't be able to perform ungodly things to _and_ with her.
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #154 on: 24 Jun 2010, 02:04 »

I thought Tai thinks that Faye goes in and farts.
Well, but not really logical if it's on daily basis. Because they could either have told Faye the first time, so no daily boner-loss. Another point is that if someone would fart daily you would get desensitized after a while and it won't bother him much anymore.

I remember that Dora had some kind of questionnaire when they started their relationship about the fetishes Marten might had. 603 Which refers to some unpleasant related experience Dora had in the past.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #155 on: 24 Jun 2010, 02:51 »

Marten's such a delicate boy.   :roll:

You know, as good as might sound in theory, shower sex isn't all that great.  Mostly because people tend to think of water as a lubricant, which it really isn't.  Which is probably why the quickie didn't survive Tai's interruption. 

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #156 on: 24 Jun 2010, 03:54 »

Hang on, hasn't Tai frequently commented on how punctual Marten is?

I've found one example but I remember there being a lot more.

FTFY. (The linky)
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #157 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:21 »

Marten's such a delicate boy.   :roll:

You know, as good as might sound in theory, shower sex isn't all that great.  Mostly because people tend to think of water as a lubricant, which it really isn't.  Which is probably why the quickie didn't survive Tai's interruption. 

doesn't matter that it's not a lubricant - there is still the delicate way the light reflects off the water on your partner's skin, and the opportunity for much physical contact while you are soaping them up..

Pardon me, I need to go engage in acts of personal hygiene...
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #158 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:11 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a troll.

It's mostly that I meant to point out how this comic really doesn't make sense.

The problem is that I've criticized the comic in the past, often with the only defense being: "It's Jeph's comic, he can do what he wants!"

I'm sorry for being so strong on the defensive, but I'm sure it's understandable given the culture of this site.

Wait, wait, where the hell is this coming from?  I went and read all 13 of your posts.  You criticized one comic (the one where Haners got licked by a giraffe), misunderstood a few others, and no one - no one - slammed you for it. 

Unless you worked under a different moniker in the past, you're both paranoid and delusional. 

Or just a really bad troll. 

Remember, just 'cause you don't get the joke doesn't mean it isn't funny!
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #159 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:00 »

But .. but .. the world evolves around me !

Everything I dont understand isnt real !

SCNR :-D

(Imagine that would be true and the person in question would be a man. Byebye all women in the world  :roll: :-D :lol: !!!)
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #160 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:02 »

logically, shouldn't that reaction be canceled out by her being all "yay naked woman yay" thus creating a completely neutral reaction?
Even while Tai's lesbian I don't think she has any problem with male nudity.
As I understand sporadious comments from lesbians, they are really turned off by male errections, though.
Carpe Diem

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #161 on: 24 Jun 2010, 07:47 »

[...]

FTFY. (The linky)

Thank you very much. 

I didn't even realise that I had broken it. :-(
Francisco

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #162 on: 24 Jun 2010, 08:15 »

Let's see if I can decode the issue at hand here:

Skine is complaining because Tai's "so that's why you're always late for work!" comes directly following Marten's complaint that her farting made him lose his boner--rather than the initial reveal that he and Dora are in the shower together. Skine is concerned that this makes it sound like Tai's farting and the subsequent boner-loss is what's somehow making him late.

Forum-goers think that Skine is trolling because it's obvious that Tai's talking about shower sex, and implying that Marten's late because rather than quickly getting ready, he wastes time/gets carried away boning Dora.  However, that IS a strange place for Tai to level her accusation, flow-of-dialogue-wise--it really does sound like it's Marten's boner-loss that makes him late.

However, reading the comic again, I'm gonna say that Jeph's thinking was that Marten mentioning his boner is the first concrete proof Tai has that he and Dora are indeed up to sexytimes in the shower. It is also the first time he makes his presence undeniably known.  Now, usually Tai is not that naive, and should have gotten from the "we" that both of them are in there, and that they're sexing.  But perhaps she was still too sleep-addled to think straight--certainly her weird "it's ok, I won't look, just gonna go potty" insistence makes more sense if she's operating on the mistaken assumption that Dora's just taking a shower by herself, or she and Marten are taking a shower together, but are simply occupied in getting clean and conserving water or whatever.

When Marten speaks up, she finally gets what's going on, and thus makes her accusation re: Marten's lateness habits at that point.
What she said. Well, minus 'sexytimes.'

I think there is one further caveat. Skine seems to be operating under the idea (most straight guys would have this perception, I think) that if a man and woman are sharing a shower, they must be screwing, not just showering. Otherwise, why shower in the first place?  (kidding, kidding) If you assume that perception to be Tai's, too, the whole strip falls apart, reality unzips, and we all fall into the gaping mouth of meaninglessness. OTOH, if we go with the idea that Tai's thinking the way JackFaerie suggests, the comic makes sense.

I don't know many lesbians (or at least, if I know them, I don't know they're lesbians—'its a deep-South thing, plus being NOMGB*), but I can believe they might not think exactly like straight men. Who do think, btw, common myths notwithstanding.

*None Of My Goddamn Business—also a deep-South thing, but not adhered to as much, sadly.

Edit: that should be "Otherwise, why shower together in the first place?" but it wasn't as funny. I am not the man to let the opportunity to make a lame joke pass me by.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2010, 08:45 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #163 on: 24 Jun 2010, 08:37 »

I think there is one further caveat. Skine seems to be operating under the idea (most straight guys would have this perception, I think) that if a man and woman are sharing a shower, they must be screwing, not just showering. Otherwise, why shower in the first place?
*shrug*  Me and my partner shower together every day, but we don't have sex in there anymore.  Shower sex is kinda lame.  Too awkward.

I reckon I'm on your side.  When I heard they were in the shower together, it didn't occur to me that they were having sex until Martin said he lost his boner.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #164 on: 24 Jun 2010, 08:56 »

The problem is that I've criticized the comic in the past, often with the only defense being: "It's Jeph's comic, he can do what he wants!"

I'm sorry for being so strong on the defensive, but I'm sure it's understandable given the culture of this site.

I think it's mostly that your IQ doesn't even approach room temperature.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #165 on: 24 Jun 2010, 10:00 »

Now that's what I call a troll.  :laugh:

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #166 on: 24 Jun 2010, 10:54 »

I don't know many lesbians (or at least, if I know them, I don't know they're lesbians—'its a deep-South thing, plus being NOMGB*), but I can believe they might not think exactly like straight men. Who do think, btw, common myths notwithstanding.

Well yes, lesbians not thinking exactly like straight men being similar to gay men not thinking exactly like straight women, plus the whole variation in thought process between individuals based on personality and experiences . . .  >_>  Anyway, though shower sex can be fun, the problem with the water is not that it doesn't act as a lubricant (it doesn't) but that it dilutes any lubricant being created/used.  Apparently Dora produces or uses enough to make the situation viable.

I'm a little surprised Dora and Marten didn't lock the bathroom door (I mean, hellooo, they live with Pintsize -- posting in flagrante pics of them on teh internets would be right up his, er, alley).  They must have forgotten that No-Boundaries-Tai was still in the apartment -- possibly without her panties anymore, since they don't appear in any of the panels.  Faye's lucky she wasn't the one in the shower.  Or, more accurately, Tai's lucky Faye wasn't.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #167 on: 24 Jun 2010, 11:35 »

(Imagine that would be true and the person in question would be a man. Byebye all women in the world  :roll: :-D :lol: !!!)

Revolves.  The world won't evolve around you, since from what we've seen, your chance of procreating is pretty close to zero. 

Bye-bye, shallow end of the gene pool...

As I understand sporadious comments from lesbians, they are really turned off by male errections, though.

Sporadious?  Wortesbuch, dude. 

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #168 on: 24 Jun 2010, 12:14 »

Hang on, hasn't Tai frequently commented on how punctual Marten is?

I've found one example but I remember there being a lot more.

Dora didn't move in with Marten until Comic 1591. So at the time of 852, pre-work communal showersex would have been the exception rather than the rule.

Skimming through the archive from 1591 to the present, today's timekeeping reference is the first Tai has made since Dora moved in.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #169 on: 24 Jun 2010, 12:26 »

Woops, excuse me

poot

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #170 on: 24 Jun 2010, 12:53 »

Dora didn't move in with Marten until Comic 1591.

She often slept there anyway.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #171 on: 24 Jun 2010, 13:01 »

you fags leave this guy alone
also israel

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #172 on: 24 Jun 2010, 15:13 »

Dora didn't move in with Marten until Comic 1591.
She often slept there anyway.
Temptation wasn't there as much, though. And it's likely different since she had her "Sex Pony" moment from Faye; they probably wait until after she's headed off to open the shop to do any foolin' 'round.
Just another Joe like 46

kiss-o-kill

• Plantmonster
« Reply #173 on: 24 Jun 2010, 15:16 »

oh my goddd anime jokes and poop jokes qc is da bomb
yeah um no

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #174 on: 24 Jun 2010, 21:37 »

oh my goddd anime jokes and poop jokes qc is da bomb
fo sho
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Takerial

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #175 on: 24 Jun 2010, 22:45 »

Heh, Jeph talking about his experience with the co-ed shower and people having sex in it.

So true.

Heck, I spent a couple years in an all guy dorm before and have encountered not only people have sex (actually on the floor, which is super disgusting considering what some guys do in the shower) but for some odd reason there was a lone female taking a shower, with the curtains pulled apart and pleasuring herself.

Alone.

In a all guy dorm shower.
BOB DOLE FOR PRESIDENT!
I love my teh girl!
"If everyone went commando, wedgies wouldn't be funny anymore." My Friend

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #176 on: 24 Jun 2010, 22:57 »

Tai goes into bathroom.
Someone(Dora) mentions they're kinda showering.
Tai says she won't look if they don't look.
Dora starts to explain her gist and Tai farts.
Marten hears it and comments on how he just lost his boner because Tai's fart grossed him out.
Tai comments that she now gets why Marten is 10 minutes late to work in the morning.

I'm confused, what is there to not get? 
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #177 on: 24 Jun 2010, 23:36 »

Yay Comic !

I am pretty sure Dora wouldnt have liked it if Marten would be into that.

I think it's mostly that your IQ doesn't even approach room temperature.
Ok, can we now go back to being nice and civil again ? Thanks a lot.
Carpe Diem

UmberGryphon

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #178 on: 24 Jun 2010, 23:36 »

I don't understand the last word balloon for Friday's comic.  Hasn't Dora already made sure that Marten is not "into that"?  http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=603

UmberGryphon
(who wonders how many urolagnia jokes QC is going to end up with)

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #179 on: 24 Jun 2010, 23:44 »

I'm sorry, but the two things that should never be considered sexy are pee and poop.  Especially peeing and/or pooping on someone.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #180 on: 24 Jun 2010, 23:46 »

Revolves.  The world won't evolve around you, since from what we've seen, your chance of procreating is pretty close to zero. 

Bye-bye, shallow end of the gene pool...

Sporadious?  Wortesbuch, dude. 
Ok, change of plans. You try to be less nice. Then maybe you'll come out at the other side again.
Carpe Diem

jasononline

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #181 on: 25 Jun 2010, 00:18 »

I don't understand the last word balloon for Friday's comic.  Hasn't Dora already made sure that Marten is not "into that"?  http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=603

We don't know if he ever actually answered that question or not.

Even if he did, Martin could have changed in 1092 strips.

Also, it's just a joke.  It doesn't really matter if Martin is actually into it or not.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #182 on: 25 Jun 2010, 00:22 »

I'm not much (read at all) for golden showers, but so long as Tai doesn't actually want to smear Marten's shit in her pits, I guess I can hang.

(Yes, this has been done. You don't want to know the lengths some hunters will go to smell like, say, a deer.)
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #183 on: 25 Jun 2010, 00:27 »

I know; my dog does it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #184 on: 25 Jun 2010, 01:20 »

Hmmmmmm

Bottled Marten - would that sell for more than Chanel No 5 or less?    :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #185 on: 25 Jun 2010, 02:44 »

One of the idiosyncracies of Jeph's art has always been that his men do not have lips, while his women do.  Today's strip is the first time (that I can recall) that he has broken this rule - Marten has a proper lower lip in the last frame, and looks all the better for it I think.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #186 on: 25 Jun 2010, 03:09 »

One of the idiosyncracies of Jeph's art has always been that his men do not have lips, while his women do.  Today's strip is the first time (that I can recall) that he has broken this rule - Marten has a proper lower lip in the last frame, and looks all the better for it I think.
That's why I thought Marten looked more feminine and Dora-esque than usual in that panel.

I am ambivalent about this change.  :|

Edit: Tai looks awesome in this whole strip, though - especially the second and third panels.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2010, 05:30 by Heranje »

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #187 on: 25 Jun 2010, 03:17 »

Excellent facial expressions today, especially in the last panel. I'll let the golden shower jokes pass in silence; I suspect Dora is taking the piss (link provided for USAnians).
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #188 on: 25 Jun 2010, 05:43 »

Tai looks a bit odd in today's strip, art-wise
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #189 on: 25 Jun 2010, 06:21 »

Also, it's just a joke.  It doesn't really matter if Martin is actually into it or not.
Knowing Dora she is probably just joking/being sassy.  :wink:
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #190 on: 25 Jun 2010, 06:44 »

Actually, she just said she asks "in advance"...
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #191 on: 25 Jun 2010, 06:48 »

Which is the scariest?

Dale doing the Gendo    - 8 (15.7%)
A Mad Marigold    - 3 (5.9%)
Momo fingering Hanner's pie    - 9 (17.6%)
WOW geeks everywhere!    - 7 (13.7%)
The voice over the headphones is SVEN!    - 14 (27.5%)
Horde Pies!    - 4 (7.8%)
Alliance Pancakes!    - 6 (11.8%)

Total Voters: 51
Just another Joe like 46

jordinyc

« Reply #192 on: 25 Jun 2010, 07:00 »

Seriously, did all 9 of you actually pick up on the innuendo just looking at the panel? Be honest.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #193 on: 25 Jun 2010, 07:08 »

<snipe>
Ok, change of plans. You try to be less nice. Then maybe you'll come out at the other side again.

Oh, I'm still being nice.  You don't want the not-nice. 

But I am getting tired of telling you to use your fucking Wörterbuch! 

And nothing I said in that last post isn't anything you haven't confirmed already... 
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2010, 07:39 by Carl-E »

Steve the Pocket

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyoro~n is the new desu
« Reply #194 on: 25 Jun 2010, 07:25 »

I was wondering when someone would hang a lampshade on this... talent of Marten's.

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #195 on: 25 Jun 2010, 09:06 »

Seriously, did all 9 of you actually pick up on the innuendo just looking at the panel? Be honest.
I'm the first one to mention it. :D

Re: today
There's a fine line between wingman and bait. Tai uses that line for a lasso.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #196 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:00 »

Hmm why is there no pancake in todays poll ?

I dont know what to choose :(
Carpe Diem

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #197 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:05 »

<snipe>

Oh, I'm still being nice.  You don't want the not-nice. 

But I am getting tired of telling you to use your fucking Wörterbuch! 

And nothing I said in that last post isn't anything you haven't confirmed already... 
Ok, now I'm really curious what not-nice is.

I admitted something ? Thats impossible. :-P
Carpe Diem

sudamerican

• Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #198 on: 25 Jun 2010, 10:43 »

Also, it's just a joke.  It doesn't really matter if Martin is actually into it or not.
Knowing Dora she is probably just joking/being sassy.  :wink:
Funny you should mention that, because today i'm feeling fat. and sassy!
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #199 on: 25 Jun 2010, 12:10 »

Sadly enough, I had a "friend" who used to hang out with me for this very reason.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up