"Aaaaand there goes my boner."
- 10 (21.3%)
"Shoulda told me that in the shower. "
- 3 (6.4%)
Paaaannnncakkkkeeeee
- 1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WDT: June 21-25, 2010 (1691-1695)  (Read 75030 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Re: WDT: June 21-25, 2010
« Reply #50 on: 22 Jun 2010, 01:52 »

Yay comic !

But these catstyle smiles of Marigold, like in the last panel, really look odd.
Carpe Diem

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #51 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:00 »

I wonder if that girl realizes the fanbase she just unleashed her visage upon.  Enjoy your creepy tweets.  

And hey, Hannelore's been felt up by a boy!  Of course, she was unconscious at the time.

...You suppose Marten ever told her what happened?   :roll:
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 02:27 by Tuitsuro »

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #52 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:09 »

You know, now that you mentioned it... I don't think he ever did. (He DID tell Dora, though.)

Personally, I think Hanners would freak out if Marten did tell her.

Or not... if it were funny.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #53 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:11 »

Well, it's splled snicker, isn't it?
If you're a bar of chocolate.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #54 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:27 »

well marigold seems strangley different, like more confident or something.  and her hair looks different too.
The real Marigold is tied up in a wardrobe...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #55 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:46 »

There has been previous mention of an unconscious emo girl tied up in a closet wearing nothing but her underpants. Is Dora doing it for real this time?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #56 on: 22 Jun 2010, 02:57 »

It's this kind of uncharacteristic calm that precedes an axe-murdering.

Also, Marigold kind of made Angus touch her boob, so the self-delusions are already kicking into high gear again.

meagara1

« Reply #57 on: 22 Jun 2010, 04:00 »

Ummm sorry but did I miss something??? Marigold was felt up and kissed by whom?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #58 on: 22 Jun 2010, 04:22 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #59 on: 22 Jun 2010, 04:26 »

Hey, you gotta take your victories in battle when you can get 'em.

...even if the war was lost.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #60 on: 22 Jun 2010, 04:31 »

The change in expression between Hanners and Momo in the last panel is priceless.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

sudamerican

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Thinks the WCT is tl;dr
« Reply #61 on: 22 Jun 2010, 04:45 »

That look by Marigold in the last panel = PRICELESS.
It's called :3

And on top of that - I think we've found a "real life" Marigold (per Jeph's twitter): http://bit.ly/90CgTK
Girl is actually cute, but i fear for her now...

I was reminded of the old asian cook from 5th element "nice philosophy, see good in bad". In b4 MULTIPASS
five million tons of TNT in the cunt

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #62 on: 22 Jun 2010, 05:28 »

Kiss
Hand
Ohhh...  I was being slow and thought she was talking about something that happened at the party.

Which prior to reading your post, and after reading through the party a dozen times and seeing nothing, made me think that there must have been something offscreen between Tai and Marigold, and Marigold must have somehow been drunk enough that she didn't realize Tai was a girl.  Queuing Hanner/Momo inquiry into who/what/where?  And a flashback of her and Tai, which leads to Hanners being like "But uh, Marigold, Tai is a girl"  And Marigold all flipping out.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 05:37 by Karilyn »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #63 on: 22 Jun 2010, 08:49 »

Also, Marigold kind of made Angus touch her boob, so the self-delusions are already kicking into high gear again.
It's not how it happened, but that it happened. At least that's how it was when I was first beginning to date. If a girl touched me somehow, accidental or purposeful (factor in that some girls tended to 'mask' the latter with the former. Could be that's no longer in practice), I tended to count it as climbing up another rung on the make-out ladder.

Anyway, I admire anyone who can turn a lemon into lemonade. Not generally one of my strong points. Also, seeing the whole thing this way makes MG a little less vulnerable and a little more in control. I'm all for that, too.
And hey, Hannelore's been felt up by a boy!  Of course, she was unconscious at the time.

And Hanners never looked more attractive. Which, if I think about it too much, could be disturbing on several levels.

And of course Marten hasn't told her. It's one thing to get touched and remember what happened, another to have no recall whatsoever. If nothing else, all the flailing that would ensue would be for naught.

Edit: -ed for clarity. My posts need all of that they can get.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 09:50 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #64 on: 22 Jun 2010, 09:18 »

Well, however those things may have happened, if Marigold's 'at least I've done this and this now' attitude helps her get over the pain of her unrequited crush, then good for her.  I love Momo's expression of alarm in the last panel, ha ha.  Oh, and this probably isn't intentional, but in panel 4 Marigold may be sending a secret message to the forums.   :-D  (Does she have to turn it up?)

Oh, and Marten didn't just touch Hanners' boobs (inadvertently, of course), he also viewed at least one of them.  But Hanners can't count them as any kind of milestone since she doesn't know about them, as far as we know.  If she did know about them, after freaking out initially, she might put them somewhere on her chart of human experiences, but downgraded because she didn't experience them directly, having been unconscious.

I just realized that Hanners must have walked down the street in the middle of the night with a tin of leftover pie.  Can't have been the weirdest thing to happen in that town, though.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #65 on: 22 Jun 2010, 10:01 »

Can't have been the weirdest thing Hannelore's done in that town, though.

Fix'd.  Also, why is Hannelore asking for permission to come inside, when she's already inside? 

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #66 on: 22 Jun 2010, 10:40 »

Likely permission to come into Mairgold's room, having been let into the apartment by Angus.

Course, I'm speculating here, but seems reasonable.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #67 on: 22 Jun 2010, 10:49 »

Kiss
Hand
Ohhh...  I was being slow and thought she was talking about something that happened at the party.
Me too. I was scrolling backward to see if there was a day I missed, a kiss, a grope, but nothing. Now that Hodges linked back to the emotional trauma episode, it makes since how Mar-Bear's mind is trying to protect itself by only remembering the good parts of that.

and Marigold must have somehow been drunk enough that she didn't realize Tai was a girl.
Because girls and boy look so similar in our panties.

And Mari-girl definitely needs to go out and get her panties rocked right the hell off. Those psychological bandaids are doing her no favours and are just going to hurt all the more when they get ripped off.

I do love the respective expressions on Hanners and Momo. 4A, same; 4B, so very, very different. Also, no one has mentioned 3A where Momo actually tastes the Hanners's pie.

... That didn't come off like I meant it to.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 10:54 by Mad Cat »
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #68 on: 22 Jun 2010, 10:51 »

Baby steps, Mari. Yes, you were drunk off your ass when it happened, but someone got to 1st. Now try it sober. (I'm trying to figure out if it's right or wrong that I want Mari and "Alliance SCUM!" to hook up at some point.)

And as for that picture of our prospective Mari..........maybe with a Wonderbra. And a little more acne.
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #69 on: 22 Jun 2010, 11:42 »

You could Photoshop in the complexion problems.

Anyone have a link to the picture of the person Jeph said was closest to his mental picture of Dora?

On the subject of whether it's realistic for Marigold to bounce back like this, I'd argue that she's resilient in the same way that Faye is. She's got working defense mechanisms and got through her adolescence without substance abuse or suicide.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #70 on: 22 Jun 2010, 11:44 »

and Marigold must have somehow been drunk enough that she didn't realize Tai was a girl.
Because girls and boy look so similar in our panties.
Very very drunk.

I just keep thinking something is going to happen where Marigold finds out that she is attracted to girls after all, based on her rather fervent denial to Hanners a while back.  It just seemed suspiciously like foreshadowing.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #71 on: 22 Jun 2010, 11:50 »

I wonder if that girl realizes the fanbase she just unleashed her visage upon.  Enjoy your creepy tweets.  

Much like the situation with Pintsize's pube-beard, she must never know the truth.

(can someone find that strip because I even have the search thing and I cannot find it)
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #72 on: 22 Jun 2010, 12:54 »

(I'm trying to figure out if it's right or wrong that I want Mari and "Alliance SCUM!" to hook up at some point.)

Depends on whether your mental context is a hate-fucking or not.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #73 on: 22 Jun 2010, 12:58 »

Ohnorobot seems to have left a number of comics untranscribed.  Or people haven't submitted transcriptions, I'm not entirely sure how the service works.  

Also, what part of Marigold's social protocol makes it polite to stick her finger in someone else's food?  Granted, she's probably quite good at keeping herself clean, but still it's the principle of the thing!

ross_teneyck

• Not quite a lurker
  • This sentence is self-referential.
    • http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~teneyck
« Reply #74 on: 22 Jun 2010, 13:02 »

I just keep thinking something is going to happen where Marigold finds out that she is attracted to girls after all, based on her rather fervent denial to Hanners a while back.  It just seemed suspiciously like foreshadowing.

Surprisingly, it turns out that some people actually are straight.  And sometimes those people, when they realize that they may have accidentally given someone the wrong impression about their orientation, rush to correct said wrong impression as quickly as possible before an already awkward situation gets even worse.

In other words: I personally am not holding my breath waiting for Marigold to discover her inner gay.
Are wa yume? Soretomo maboroshi?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #75 on: 22 Jun 2010, 14:45 »

Ohnorobot seems to have left a number of comics untranscribed.

Mostly in the 800s - like this one and this one.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 14:47 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #76 on: 22 Jun 2010, 15:32 »

Surprisingly, it turns out that some people actually are straight.
What?  You lie.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #77 on: 22 Jun 2010, 16:11 »

What?  You lie.
Whilst it is true that straight people are rare nowadays, they do still exist; kept in secluded spots, away from the general public and living fairly idyllic lifestyles, largely funded by private donations from interested individuals and, of course, the ruler companies.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #78 on: 22 Jun 2010, 18:10 »

What?  You lie.
Whilst it is true that straight people are rare nowadays, they do still exist; kept in secluded spots, away from the general public and living fairly idyllic lifestyles, largely funded by private donations from interested individuals and, of course, the ruler companies.

speak for yourself - I am subsidized by the manufacturers of fine levels.

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #79 on: 22 Jun 2010, 19:21 »

Okay... I'll say it... between the last panel of today's comic and the third panel of this one, what the hell is going on with Hanners' face?

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #80 on: 22 Jun 2010, 19:22 »

Levels of what, though—that's the question. My guess is beer.

And Mari-girl definitely needs to go out and get her panties rocked right the hell off. Those psychological bandaids are doing her no favours and are just going to hurt all the more when they get ripped off.
Sure they are. She's dipped her toes in, even if it didn't work out in her favor, and she likes the how the water feels. Yesterday the fondling, tomorrow the penetration! So to speak. Or, to put it in the local parlance, I do believe MG wants moar of that physical stuff.
No one has mentioned 3A where Momo actually tastes the Hanners's pie.

... That didn't come off like I meant it to.
Right. And your Freudian undies are definitely not showing.

Is there any being in QC that someone in these forum isn't plotting to pair Hanners off with?
(That was a cute touch of Jeph's, though.)
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #81 on: 22 Jun 2010, 20:47 »

God damn, Dale is awesome.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #82 on: 22 Jun 2010, 21:00 »

Yotsuba would slaughter Haruhi in a fight.  Just sayin'. 
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 21:10 by Tuitsuro »

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #83 on: 22 Jun 2010, 21:15 »

Learn something new everyday.  

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2010, 21:18 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #84 on: 22 Jun 2010, 21:26 »

*wonders offhandedly if Jeph's seen Evangelion 2.22 recently...*

elionbel

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #85 on: 22 Jun 2010, 21:35 »

ROFL!!! I thought of this immediately when I saw the strip!! :D
^5!!!

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #86 on: 22 Jun 2010, 22:09 »

Yep, Marigirl definatly plays a prot warrior.  Must be geared out the ass too, considering how much prot PvP has been nerfed because whiny little casters cried about getting their teeth smashed in by 12k shield slam crits that took almost half a minute to set up while here the paladin prot/ret build hasn't been touched and--

Ok, getting off WoW rant now...will try not to go off on a tangent...

Fucking mages...
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #87 on: 22 Jun 2010, 22:10 »

Man, I am liking Dale more and more.  ^_^  And is that a . . . LARP sword behind him on the right?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #88 on: 22 Jun 2010, 22:34 »

Man, I am liking Dale more and more.  ^_^  And is that a . . . LARP sword behind him on the right?

looks more like a kendo stick. but I am really hoping they become friends or more, they would be awesome together if they every got in a RL fight, taking their anger out on each other's characters.  I am really not into shipping, but I like the potential between these two, and I am thinking Jeph is foreshadowing something. just my 2 pennys
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

CEOIII

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #89 on: 22 Jun 2010, 22:42 »

And thus the MariDale shipping begins.  :mrgreen:
Between HannErsatz and PseuDora, I crown you the king of doppelganger names.
ALL HAIL THE KING OF DOPPLEGANGER NAMES!
I'm Charlie Owens, good night, and good luck.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #90 on: 22 Jun 2010, 22:45 »

And thus the MariDale shipping begins.  :mrgreen:
TBH I thought it began when he showed up at the party with pizza.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #91 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:01 »

I am very pro Dalegold.  (Maridale?)  He is hot!

Marigold's RL doppelganger is somewhat more attractive than I imagine Marigold to be.  Appears to have a more streamlined nose and defined jawline, anyway. And she'd need another 15 lbs or so on her. But the overall resemblance is pretty cool!

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #92 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:13 »

Looks like a bamboo practice sword used in Kendo. Definitely not LARP material. Those things can be used as lethal weapons, practice sword or not.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #93 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:41 »

Meh, it's a piece of crap he bought at an anime convention for 10 bucks. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #94 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:41 »

Her smile says it all

So does Hanners and Momo expressions  

Patience Lord Daledus, patience.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jordinyc

« Reply #95 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:43 »

GAH! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

But then, it was all foretold in the dead sea scrolls anyway. Shoulda seen it coming. XD

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #96 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:45 »

Meh, it's a piece of crap he bought at an anime convention for 10 bucks. 
You couldn't get anything remotely sword shaped at an anime convention for $10. Except maybe a temporary tattoo.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

jordinyc

« Reply #97 on: 22 Jun 2010, 23:56 »

No, you know what, i see your Gendo, and raise you one Misato! XD

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #98 on: 23 Jun 2010, 00:36 »

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #99 on: 23 Jun 2010, 00:45 »

Until I saw the Gendo posters, I was thinking Dale really needed Sven's cat right then. Because nothing says plotting like stroking a white cat. Just ask all the dudes that have played Ernst Blofield. Well, those that aren't dead, anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up