THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 00:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doobie Dilemna  (Read 13995 times)

SWOON! at My Gravitas

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • om nom nom nom
Re: Doobie Dilemna
« Reply #50 on: 31 Aug 2010, 19:19 »

Probably should, what I've been doing is wrapping weed up in little paper balls, stuffing them into hotdogs, and feeding those hotdogs to my dog.  Then I wait for him to poop, put the turd under a lamp for a few hours until it dries, and then smoke it.

The whole process is just so darn inconvenient, I don't know what to tell you

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #51 on: 31 Aug 2010, 19:40 »

or you could like, actually know how to roll.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Touche. Granted not the best freehand roller but if a pregnant or hogleg  joint is what your looking for than i am your man. BTW spliffs was completely new to me till i went to Amsterdam and had no idea on how to roll one. Made for an interesting conversation starter though when i had to ask people to help me in exchange for sharing.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #52 on: 31 Aug 2010, 21:29 »

I use a pen
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #53 on: 31 Aug 2010, 22:02 »

I forgot that you have dollar notes in the U.S. All we have in Australia are dollar coins, and the only way I could imagine using a coin to roll a joint would be if you used it as a frame to roll the paper around, and I was thinking "Holy shit that'd be a big joint." Seriously, that thing'd be like a stogie.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #54 on: 31 Aug 2010, 23:54 »

Joints used to be a daily thing for me, but nowadays I tend to smoke so much that I'm either using this excellent glass bong that I have or I'm rolling blunts to smoke with several friends. Usually buy like, dutch master cigarillos since most blunt wrappers you can find at head shops nowadays seems to be made of soggy toilet paper, even if there are some crazy flavors out there. This isn't to say that I never do joints, when I feel like a personal I use Top, only top. I've never really been into rolling spliffs, if I don't have a whole lot I'll just empty out the front of a cigarette and pack it in, then twist the tip. Easy, fast, easy to keep low radar with and you get to finish off with just a ciagarette (like I usually do anyway).

I also have a little mini-bubbler in the shape of an elephant that I purchased while visiting New Yorkers, though I have to clean it pretty often since its a weird little piece to clear, being all glass with no lid for the water. I used to use metal pipes a lot but lately I've found that I'm actually developing a taste preference for glass, which i always though was stupid when people talked about why glass was superior but I'm becoming a little weed snob for it in my own right.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #55 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:35 »

Look guys, you had this thread WITHOUT me! I'm so proud.

Also, dude, grind it up, roll 60/40 tobacco weed spliffs. You should be good for at least 3 if you keep em tidy.

Kieffer, come visit me and lets smoke some herb.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #56 on: 01 Sep 2010, 05:39 »

Somewhat relevant to this thread:

Yesterday in the middle of the city, in broad fucking daylight (it was maybe 10 AM) and surrounded by cops (I had just walked out of a college building) a guy stood dead in the middle of the sidewalk blocking my path, waited until I stopped walking, held up an O in a ziploc bag and said "green buds, good shit, want some?"

I laughed and shook my head, and as I kept walking I heard him do the same thing to the next person. Comical.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #57 on: 01 Sep 2010, 11:43 »

What the fuck are you doing with your time/weed if you're not rolling R1-ass blunts using Swisher wrappers
Smoking weed that isn't so awful you need to pile a quarter ounce into a paper bag to smoke it. Bluntz are silly.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #58 on: 02 Sep 2010, 05:18 »

Dogg I don't know what kind of weed you've got where you are, but the way the Bay taught me, a blunt is no mere "yeah I guess I'm a 6 on a scale of 1-10" bullshit. It's meant for getting so fucked that you can't remember your birthday, your nationality, even the names of colors.

Holy Christfuck I love California
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #59 on: 02 Sep 2010, 07:12 »

Look guys, you had this thread WITHOUT me! I'm so proud.

Also, dude, grind it up, roll 60/40 tobacco weed spliffs. You should be good for at least 3 if you keep em tidy.

Kieffer, come visit me and lets smoke some herb.

I don't smoke weed.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
  • the limit as cool approaches awesome of myself
« Reply #60 on: 02 Sep 2010, 09:19 »

I'm pretty damn surprised about how many replies this topic got haha.
Yes I am a Canadian living in Spain. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario... where we (like I assume everyone else) use an enormous amount of words for joints and marijuana.
I personally like saying Doobie, Spliff, Joint, for any type of one paper joint. Blunts are strictly cigar paper weed cigarillos... I really don't like the flavored wraps they sell in head shops, I much prefer getting a Sentry Sam, emptying it of the tobacco and using the inner layer of the paper... it's the best.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be ironic or funny when I used the word doobie. I am a cunt who likes using the word, deal with it.

I usually smoke a combination of pipes and joints. I really like joints because I like the process of smoking them just as much as I like the effects on me.... and I find them to be the smoothest and best tasting.

So I ended up rolling two pinners (my term for really small joints) of about 60/40 tobacco/weed as previously mentioned. It was pretty good...today I was sad I was out of weed and then I looked in my grinder and found enough for a little bowl, that was quite amazing... love it when that happens.

The other day I smoked some of that famous hash they're calling Nepalese Cream.. it really lived up to its fame. Quite nice, especially the flavor.

Moral of the story, from now on if anyone wants to talk about weed without getting flamed, make sure you define each slang term you use and justify your reason for using it... no hard feelings lololol
I'd rather be skiing.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #61 on: 02 Sep 2010, 10:40 »

@Patrick, I used to smoke 2 ounces a week out of a gravity bong, I cannot physically get that stoned anymore. :-(
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #62 on: 02 Sep 2010, 14:06 »

Protip: stop smoking weed for a month

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #63 on: 02 Sep 2010, 14:18 »

question: where the fuck do all of you get all the money for smoking pot daily?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #64 on: 02 Sep 2010, 14:35 »

Weed is cheaper than alcohol in terms of a thrill:skrill ratio

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #65 on: 02 Sep 2010, 14:37 »

I remember Khar posting specific directions for rolling a jumbo joint using three strategically-arranged papers in Gabbly one time. Can Khar (or someone else with the requisite knowledge) go through that one again?

What, an L-Plate? That's not really a jumbo joint, it's just a way to make the best of a situation where you only have one-skins, by (this is the way my mother taight me, sticking two papers side by side and one at right angles down the end and using that to roll a tapered joint. I use them semi-regularly because I enjoy smoking weed the same way I smoke tobacco, from liquourice rizzlas, however it's dang hard to get hold of liquorice king skins round where I come from (and it's gotta be rizzla because other brands of liqourice papers are just different enough to be incredibly wrong, like the difference between marmite and vegemite). Often though I can't be fucked and I'll either just have your basic bog-standard blue king skin or simply chainsmoke a few cheeky one-skins. That or shotties, though I rarely feel myself in the need for the macho bragging sort of weed smoking. When I can afford weed I normally smoke it on a one or two before bed, or a couple of fairly weak joints over the course of a lazy afternoon kind of deal.

OH YEAH DAN I'M COMING BACK TO BOURNEMOUTH YOU'D BETTER HAVE TAKEN FUCKING GOOD CARE OF MY SHOTTIE WHICH YOU HAVE HAD FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS YOU CUNT.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #66 on: 03 Sep 2010, 00:07 »

So much of that was in unintelligible british for me. Sounds... fun?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #67 on: 03 Sep 2010, 00:21 »

Probably should, what I've been doing is wrapping weed up in little paper balls, stuffing them into hotdogs, and feeding those hotdogs to my dog.  Then I wait for him to poop, put the turd under a lamp for a few hours until it dries, and then smoke it.

New sig quote
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #68 on: 03 Sep 2010, 02:15 »

grow it, or make oil/hash for people that grow it, and you get a lot of it for free. or sell it. in any capacity if you know the right people it is readily available, and in my neck of the woods the right people is just about everyone. I don't know how prices vary regionally (and as much of a faux pas as price comparing on the internet is) but I can get an ounce of lime green preem for 150$, in the event I am not getting it for doing someone favors etc in the first place. I have pretty much quit smoking pot short of the odd joint here or there, though, so I don't keep up with the same circles anymore.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #69 on: 03 Sep 2010, 02:20 »

Pot isn't expensive at all and really, depending on how much you smoke it can last you a while. For instance, $50 here will tide my girlfriend and I over for anywhere between two weeks and a month given that we only smoke on weekends and even then only ever have maybe 2 pipefulls each.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #70 on: 03 Sep 2010, 05:48 »

Man, beat mouse that's a really good price for an ounce. I just moved to Madrid and haven't bought any yet. When I was living in Barcelona it was pretty awesome.
I walked into a head shop one day to buy some papers, and the clerk straight up asked me if I wanted to buy weed and that he had the best shit. He actually did have some really good green and crystally nuggets of joy, so I bought from him a couple of times at about 7 Euros a gram. Shitty thing about him was that he wouldn't cut deals if you bought bigger quantities. I ended up bartering a free grinder out of him though ;)

Anyway the search for good weed in Madrid continues... it's quite easy to find drugs if you just go around the city center at night. But you don't wanna buy that stuff cause it's bad quality street dealer shit. I'm waiting till I meet some real stoners...
I'd rather be skiing.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #71 on: 03 Sep 2010, 09:53 »

also israel

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #72 on: 03 Sep 2010, 10:13 »

grow it, or make oil/hash for people that grow it, and you get a lot of it for free. or sell it. in any capacity if you know the right people it is readily available, and in my neck of the woods the right people is just about everyone. I don't know how prices vary regionally (and as much of a faux pas as price comparing on the internet is) but I can get an ounce of lime green preem for 150$, in the event I am not getting it for doing someone favors etc in the first place. I have pretty much quit smoking pot short of the odd joint here or there, though, so I don't keep up with the same circles anymore.

Woop guess I shouldn't be surprised you live in BC
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #73 on: 03 Sep 2010, 17:18 »

i use a vap. there was a 25% off sale so the boy who is a daily smoker bought this really nice iolite vaporizer... it looks like a walkie-talkie kinda. they had a volcano that with the 25% off woulda been like two hundo off. it tastes like a thousand times better in the vap than a bowl or a bong or a j
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #74 on: 04 Sep 2010, 14:00 »

it tastes like a thousand times better in the vap than a bowl or a bong or a j

I will agree that the TASTE is better, but the thing is that it's not thick enough smoke... I'm a smoker and like the sensation of it being a bit thicker like a cigarette, than in a vape where it's well... vapour
I'd rather be skiing.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #75 on: 04 Sep 2010, 15:02 »

dammit i want some fucking weed
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #76 on: 04 Sep 2010, 22:33 »

man whatever i like not choking when i'm smoking. though i never thought of "i'm a fan of the texture, not the taste" of weed before

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #77 on: 05 Sep 2010, 04:17 »

I'm personally mostly a fan of the bit where you get high.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #78 on: 05 Sep 2010, 04:24 »

hahaha, I forgot that part. Getting high is also excellent and the high from vapes is quite different than from J's, I find.
But yeah I like the texture since I'm also a heavy cigarette smoker.

On a side note, I also like it when people bake weed treats. That can be a lot of fun too!
I'd rather be skiing.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #79 on: 05 Sep 2010, 05:13 »

ah right on, i don't smoke cigarettes so i guess it makes sense. the vap i think makes for a slower buildup to the high that i want, whereas like two hits from just a glass piece and i am melted into the couch having a panic attack because oh god i think i am TOO HIGH but wait you can't actually overdose on weed brittany you are being DUMB but i think i'm going to die oh god when will this end

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #80 on: 05 Sep 2010, 06:01 »

solution: more weed ;)
I'd rather be skiing.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #81 on: 05 Sep 2010, 11:05 »

Guys, I found out one of my neighbors down the street sells. Gonna check out his product later today.

Aurjay

« Reply #82 on: 05 Sep 2010, 11:20 »

This is sad. I actually have nightmares about smoking weed. I wake up freaking out thinking im gonna have a drug test and get kicked out of the Army.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #83 on: 05 Sep 2010, 17:03 »

I have actually reached a vile pinnacle where my chief weed dealer is also my WoW guildmaster (though only for one realm).

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #84 on: 05 Sep 2010, 17:08 »

I have actually reached a vile pinnacle where my chief weed dealer is also my WoW guildmaster (though only for one realm).

That is pretty much the lowest point any human has ever reached.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #85 on: 05 Sep 2010, 17:19 »

This is sad. I actually have nightmares about smoking weed. I wake up freaking out thinking im gonna have a drug test and get kicked out of the Army.

That's not sad so much as a common anxiety/withdrawal response to quitting drugs, especially under duress. Used to happen to me all the time, wake up sure I'd fucked up big.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #86 on: 08 Sep 2010, 05:32 »

Guys, I found out one of my neighbors down the street sells. Gonna check out his product later today.

livin the dream haha, any good?
I'd rather be skiing.

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #87 on: 08 Sep 2010, 09:50 »

I will agree that the TASTE is better, but the thing is that it's not thick enough smoke... I'm a smoker and like the sensation of it being a bit thicker like a cigarette, than in a vape where it's well... vapour

Gotta agree with this, I smoke a fair number of cigs a day and the vape smoke is so thin that I don't even know if I'm getting any or not, untill I spin out and fall over 20 minutes later. Much prefer slowly smoking a nice long joint (never got the hang of multi-paper techniques as above so I just get these
)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #88 on: 08 Sep 2010, 15:19 »

To preface this post, I would like to underscore that the following statement is not directed at the people who smoke pot nor the drug itself, being fully cognizant that it does not make you stupider and people who are not stupid do it.

But man this thread really shows how dumb people sound when they talk about it. As I said, it really has nothing to do with the drug or the people who do it, but rather the culture and vocabulary that surround it and this now subsequently makes me wonder if this is a majorly contributing factor to its difficulty in gaining acceptance in mainstream Western culture, after all tobacco and alcohol both have thriving high-class cultures and vocabulary through cigars, whiskey, wine, and beer.

Discuss.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #89 on: 08 Sep 2010, 15:59 »

just get high erryday
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #90 on: 08 Sep 2010, 22:12 »

Yeah man but you could also argue that the language exists because weed is forced to be on the edge of society, since everyone who smokes it is breaking the law (at least in the U.S. outside of the lucky fuckers in California) so naturally the language is going to be more 'common'. Those crazy kids with their slang and hip hop. As soon as it can be branded it will immediately distinguish itself, just like you can buy a Dutch Master at a 7-11 you'll be able to buy $15 weed cigars and really cheap ones, if it were legalized. I mean, seriously, how different is low class alcohol from top shelf stuff? A novice drinker will never be able to tell the difference anyway. Am I making sense? I'm drunk, so I may not be making sense.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #91 on: 09 Sep 2010, 01:38 »

That is pretty much the lowest point any human has ever reached.

Idunno my pot dealer's guildmaster was his dad, whom he lived with.

livin the dream haha, any good?

Dude didn't have any when I checked. Come on man I have better hookups than a so-called dealer. Dude's lived here his whole life, can't even reliably get a dub, even a ten. I have club hookups already and I've only been part of the NorCal weed economy for 6 months at best. Fuck that guy.

Also "learning to properly roll a Swisher blunt" is on my to-do list once I can responsibly afford weed again.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #92 on: 09 Sep 2010, 02:07 »

But man this thread really shows how dumb people sound when they talk about it. As I said, it really has nothing to do with the drug or the people who do it, but rather the culture and vocabulary that surround it and this now subsequently makes me wonder if this is a majorly contributing factor to its difficulty in gaining acceptance in mainstream Western culture, after all tobacco and alcohol both have thriving high-class cultures and vocabulary through cigars, whiskey, wine, and beer.

Discuss.

Gladly. I think this falls under "product of circumstance" more than anything. For every retarded pothead that blurts out "durpa durr i totally bogarted several fatboys last night" there are just as many alcoholics that discuss the number of brews or jagerbombs they trashed the night before. The terminology is completely different but if you take into context the number of different ways people can describe drinking, the only difference is in the particular words themselves. Shots, brews, cans, tallies, "getting shitty," truly the only difference between marijuana and alcohol under a microscope is semantic at best. Marijuana, or hemp products in general suffer due to the select few that ruin it for everyone. A business suit can discuss the medicinal, economical, and financial benefits of legalization/whatever changes you can argue to the status quo, and have it completely derailed by a hippie in a tye dye shirt hurp-a-durping "and its fun to smoke too" bringing all previous arguments to a roaring halt. Likewise, a doctor can endorse the benefits of a glass of red wine, but the masses of people drinking 120 budweisers a week do nothing to misrepresent the legitimacy of alcohol sales.

Alcoholism in general is far more destructive than chronic marijuana abuse, in collateral effects such as car accidents, domestic disputes, etc. That is not to say that I am a tenant of the "well weed is totally great for everyone durrrrrr" mentality, as marijuana is a substance like any other, waiting to be abused in the name of escapism, but I would definitely argue that alcohol has just had the better rep of the two, throughout political movements as prohibition, and through economical conflicts akin to newsprint being printed on either trees, or hemp. I would say ultimately, it has more to do with the long running history of context and social stigma than anything else.

When it comes to vernacular, I would even go so far as to say that it stems entirely from the inspiration of marijuana causing ridiculous goofy thoughts and words like "doobie," and alcohol blotting out all cognitive process and resulting in random sex and vomit-filled toilets. While both have their place, it is simply a matter of perspective.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #93 on: 09 Sep 2010, 03:29 »

I guess I'm not the only person who finds it extremely depressing that the argument 'It has very few negative health effects and it's really fun' is not a socially acceptable one in our society.

Nodaisho

« Reply #94 on: 09 Sep 2010, 03:46 »

Does he let you pay in DKP?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #95 on: 09 Sep 2010, 10:02 »

I guess I'm not the only person who finds it extremely depressing that the argument 'It has very few negative health effects and it's really fun' is not a socially acceptable one in our society.

yet I can suck cancer right outta several fags and drink until my liver explodes

god bless america/america lite
also israel

Nodaisho

« Reply #96 on: 09 Sep 2010, 18:06 »

yet I can suck cancer right outta several fags
Unfortunately, most HMOs don't cover that treatment.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #97 on: 13 Sep 2010, 08:23 »

Well I'm from Canada and now I live in Spain. Two very liberal countries when it comes to Marijuana use, so I don't really have much of a problem with it being illegal, as far as I'm concerned I prefer doing it at home or in parks than at clubs or bars..
I'd rather be skiing.

cheesepie

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #98 on: 04 Oct 2010, 08:41 »

Success, I have obtained some very good bud! The university I go to is full of pot heads and it wasnīt hard to find once classes started.
bout 4 or 5 euros a g, good quality bud. canīt wait to buy a bong now haha
I'd rather be skiing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up