THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPU drivers / I suck @ computers  (Read 2220 times)

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
CPU drivers / I suck @ computers
« on: 16 Jul 2010, 15:06 »

Okay, I'm at the point where I realize that I'm not able to do this myself.

I'm trying to run Gears of War. Whenever I start it up, it tells me that I need to install "AMD Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16". The game tries to install it for me (I think there's a bunch of drivers on the dvd), but fails. I've downloaded the latest drivers for the processor (Amd athlon(tm) 64 processor 3800+), but they won't install either. Checking my device manager tells me that the cpu doesn't have any drivers installed at all.

Any ideas on how to get the driver installed? I've installed drivers for video cards before, but no processors. I think the problem is that the installs I've downloaded tries to uninstall old drivers first, doesn't find any, and thus fails. I've tried to roll backk the driver, but that doesn't do anything - it seems like I've never had a driver.

The game won't run without them, but everything else is just fine. I'm finding the entire business a bit strange, to be honest. Google doesn't help at all - most installs I find are the same as the ones I have, or a bunch of Linux downloads.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive
Pages: [1]   Go Up