THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 13:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: bad news for the new iphone  (Read 11344 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: bad news for the new iphone
« Reply #50 on: 17 Jul 2010, 00:46 »

I don't find that solution reasonable.  What about the people who don't want to put a case or bumper on their phone?

For me a reasonable solution would be to replace the faulty phone with a new one that does not have a goddamn fucking hardware fault.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #51 on: 17 Jul 2010, 04:55 »

I did not know about Consumer Reports weighing in

Personally I find that solution reasonable, but mostly because I kinda consider a protective case to be a required accessory for any smartphone. So YMMV

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #52 on: 17 Jul 2010, 09:20 »

For me a reasonable solution would be to replace the faulty phone with a new one that does not have a goddamn fucking hardware fault.

Problem: that costs a lot more money than giving everyone a free Livestrong bracelet, therefore Apple won't do it. At most they'll probably add a Scotch tape machine to the assembly line to wrap the metal trim in plastic to electrically insulate it. :|

I doubt they'll make any major changes to fix the design flaw until the next version of the iPhone. Remember the 1st gen iPod Nano's scratches?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #53 on: 17 Jul 2010, 17:19 »

I know it'd cost more, but don't you guys have any laws regulating the sale of faulty equipment in America?

I'm waiting to see how this crap goes down here in Australia, because we have pretty good "if your product is faulty then customers can get their money back" laws here.  Although I guess the argument can now be made that they should have known about the problem beforehand, and purchasing a unit anyway could be seen as a tacit acceptance of any known faults.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #54 on: 17 Jul 2010, 19:25 »

And they are offering a full refund if you are Not Happy. Not sure how that will go down with the ones you get locked into a contract. Not everyone I've talked to has been experiencing the fault and some have to really try to make it happen. I'll be buying it, and if I have a problem I'll put a case on, which I probably would have done anyway.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #55 on: 17 Jul 2010, 19:39 »

Are they really offering a full refund if customers are not happy?  The things I have been seeing online indicate Apple's response up until now has been "we are not accepting returns or exchanges for the antenna or proximity sensor issues", leading people to lie about the reason why they've been returning them.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up