THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is making new site? What of contributors?  (Read 2025 times)

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
Is making new site? What of contributors?
« on: 24 Aug 2010, 18:24 »

So as some of you may know, for the last year or so I've been running a blog, a sharing blog, that features links to mediafire ala the wink-wink thread. Over the last few months I've been putting more effort into the review-writing aspect of it, to the point where it feels like putting a link at the end of the review felt like a kind of negation - like a review score, but worse. After too much time deluding myself into thinking the reviews were the point of the site, and disapproving messages from several labels, I've come to the conclusion that it's time to shut up shop and start again.

So I'm starting a new "legit" enterprise, and I'm putting out the invitation for anyone who wants to write about music or whatever to come and provide reviews. I won't be able to compensate you but through my old blog I've been added to a number of promo listservs and I can possibly get advance review copies or band interviews or the like set up. It all kind of depends.

I'm putting this in IPD because in the Music forum I'd get way too many offers from people I don't know in it for the free music or whatever. If you're interested let me know! I'm not big on deadlines, if I just get my normal rate of work in from my old blog I'll be happy with the pace of the site, so you can put stuff in if you feel like it. I'm mainly going to be focusing on electronic music but whatever you want to review will probably be fine with me.

So yeah, let me know if that interests you. the_pied_piper and I (well, mostly me) are sitting around waiting for a wordpress design to appear out of nowhere (if you're interested in setting that up let me know as well!) so I'll probably have to motivate myself to getting over that first hurdle and just use a generic template.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ptommydski

Re: Is making new site? What of contributors?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2010, 08:45 »

John, I am about to finally launch that thing and you should totally fold it into this thing I didn't want to mention until it was ready but it's nearly ready now. It'll be good, you should totally write for it. I will PM you.

I have a domain and a Wordpress site sorted, just needs some tuning and content.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2010, 09:47 »

Sounds good!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2010, 11:56 »

I'd love to be a part of this. Should I PM you or what, how does this work.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2010, 12:36 »

Hmmm, I'm going to wait for Tommy's proposal before I move forward. I'll have my people call your people.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2010, 08:47 »

Discussion works better as an imagined convo between Alice Crystal Castles and the Albiz
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up